AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2012-09-12, 23:25   Link #1
Sector Revenge

Sector's Anime List

Hi. I'm looking for a couple more Anime to watch that meets my criteria. I'm having a hard time finding more to be honest, they should make more of these lol

1) I'm searching for an anime with great art. Usually like them more newer, recently. I mean I've seen quite a few Anime, I mainly like the ones no older than 2007 mainly to be honest.

2) Action-packed is a must. Magical/Supernatural/Super Power included. Mecha & Military are good also.

3) Generally I do like the main guy character that has a bad@$$ character, sort of much like Kazuma and Lelouch.

4) I do admire the girls, like CC, Saber, Baby&Teenage Rin, Shana, Holo/Horo, Hime, etc. If you know them, put the pieces together in terms of their personalities, like take no prisoners & kick @$$, plus the cuteness overload!

5) Ecchi turns me off mainly. A bunch of kiddie comedy stuff isn't to my liking either. They just ruin it!

6) I'll make a little list of what I've watched & loved: Fate series, Code Geass, Shakugan no Shana, Accel World, Kaze no Stigma, Sola, Angel Beats, etc. No real theme relation I know, but maybe you can visual how I like my Anime a bit this way.

Hopefully I can get some good answers here. I've recently took a sudden interest in Guilty Crown & The Legend of the Legendary Heroes, how are those for a quick suggestion? Thanks!

Last edited by Sector Revenge; 2012-09-12 at 23:34. Reason: Another Point.
Sector Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 01:34   Link #2
jedinat

Cowboy Bebop, Hellsing, Gundam SEED, Ghost in the Shell: SAC, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood...
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 08:40   Link #3
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
The following match up pretty well with what you like:

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Supernatural action packed with movie quality animation for some of the big fight scenes (towards the end of the series). Tons of badass men and women. No ecchi. Does have some occasional silly comedy, but the overall tone is rather dark.

Full Metal Panic Blend of comedy and action, jokes are especially funny if you watch American war movies.

A Certain Magical Index
Magic and Science collide with one unfortunate hero at the center of it all.

Not quite like the others you enjoyed, but considering what you like I think you ought to at least check out Madoka Magica

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?

Last edited by Sackett; 2012-09-13 at 21:11.
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 08:45   Link #4
Eragon
Still Alive

Berserk, Claymore and second everything Sackett and jediant suggested.
Old 2012-09-13, 12:12   Link #5
Mangakasan
BURST LINK!!

I would suggest gantz,maburaho(maybe), and sword art online. Haha
Strength isn't just about winning. Even if my attempts are pathetic and comical, and even if I'm covered in the mud of my defeat, if I can keep fighting and look up at the sky as I lie on the ground, that alone is proof of true strength!
Mangakasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 14:07   Link #6
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Bakeneko and its sequel Mononoke

1) I'm searching for an anime with great art.
No contest.

2) Action-packed is a must. Magical/Supernatural/Super Power included.
Supernatural demon-fighting

3) Generally I do like the main guy character that has a bad@$$ character
One of the best and brilliantly acted by Sakurai Takahiro

4) I do admire the girls
Women in this case, though they are not the focus.

5) Ecchi turns me off mainly.
Nope, none of that.

Poor quality sample: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9ZSUQEhlgY
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 14:34   Link #7
Arya

Speaking of Guilty Crown I liked it even if it generated a great fuss over it, so I guess you hardly see it being suggested. That's because it has a lot of flaws. But it has a great art and great music, that last one is one of my soft spots
so if you watch it with no great expectations it is worth watching.
The Legend of the Legendary Heroes is a good anime, I liked it, but I can't say it has great art.

I d' suggest Katanagatari that I find having an astonishing art style, but a bit peculiar maybe, so well, it's up to you.
Then Chrno Crusade and Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom are other good titles. And I second Gundam Seed, Full metal panic, full metal alchemist (I preferred the first one, but you can even watch them both) and Sword art online.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote