AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-18, 20:51   Link #361
mayumi

figuring out silvia is the difficult thing at this point. while all signs point to it being mikono, she really is nothing like celiane or silvia. also both silvia and celiane had golden hair. i wonder why they changed it up so much with mikono and zesicca's hair color. also that actress alicia from amata's dream also does not have golden hair if she is any way related to celiane/silvia. it seems the other dimension guys also seem to like the actress.

granted yes mikono has weaknesses silvia/celiane had but she shows no strength. one of biggest reason apollonius and apollo were attracted to her was because of her amazon like abilities and that stare of "i won't bow down to the likes of you" during their first encounter.
i guess i just liked that strong part of celiane/silvia's character. mikono is just weak atm.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 20:56   Link #362
ReddyRedWolf

If anything her name was Alisia. What was Sirius and Sylvia's family name? de Alisia
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 23:59   Link #363
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Any guess who is the paperbag-masked girl here?
Old 2012-01-19, 02:34   Link #364
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
Let's go, kyoudai!
...I was just about to say something like, "Didn't know that Kamina wanted to BECOME Simon...."...XD

Oh I know that Katsuyuki Konishi had to do a GL joke in the sound booth...and I want to hear it!!!

"AMATA!!"

"ANIKI!?"

"GATTAI DA!!"

Old 2012-01-19, 05:28   Link #365
Iteza

About name Alicia - if you listen to "Wings of Glory" CD Drama part then one of the tracks features Celiane's and Apollonius daughter and her name is Alicia too.
Iteza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 15:17   Link #366
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
Any guess who is the paperbag-masked girl here?
lol, nice find
Old 2012-01-20, 02:59   Link #367
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Q&A Session with Shoji Kawamori about the series, translated on a certain imageboard:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original
【よくある質問】
Q 全何話?
A 2クール

Q 前作は見たほうがいい?
A 前作を知らない人にも楽しめる作品にしたいby河森
  しかし過去生(前作キャラの生まれ変わり)が
  EVOL本編に関わってくる可能性もあるので前作を見たほうがより楽しめる

Q 前作のOVAって前作のTV版の続編?
A パラレルワールド、ただし一万二千年前は時空の分岐前なので共通とい
う設定

Q 前作のストーリーやキャラについて知りたいんだけど
A Wikipediaにとても詳しく書いてあるのでそこを見るとわかりやすい(ネタ
バレ注意)
  ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/創聖のアクエリオン

Q カグラってアポロの生まれ変わりなの?
A 見た目や言動が酷似しているが誰の生まれ変わりか現在は不明

Q アクエリアって何?
A 男女合体を封印されていたアクエリオンの偽りの名
  アマタ達によって封印が解かれたため今後はアクエリオンと呼ばれる
Quote:
Originally Posted by Translated

Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How many episodes will there be?
A: There will be two cours (roughly 26 episodes -ed.).

Q: Do you need to be familiar with the previous works before watching this new series?
A: While I (Kawamori) wrote the show so that new viewers don't have to be familiar with the original to enjoy it, the story of EVOL deals with past lives (some of the characters are reincarnations from the previous works), a detail that only fans of the previous works can appreciate.

Q: Is EVOL a sequel to the TV series or the OVA?
A: It's set in an alternate continuity that combines common details between the two works.

Q: What about new viewers who want to know about the stories and characters from the previous works?
A: They could always look up the Wikipedia article to get themselves acquainted (if they don't mind spoilers).

Q: Is Kagura the reincarnation of Apollo?
A: It is unknown if Kagura is a reincarnation of anyone in particular, but his appearance, behavior and way of speaking are indeed similar to Apollo's.

Q: What's "Aquaerea"?
A: It's the name used by Aquarion while sealed in a male-female combination. After the seal is undone by Atama and the others, it becames known as Aquarion once again.
So essentially, EVOL is to Aquarion what Frontier is to Macross: a sequel that combines aspects of its alternate retelling predecessors.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 03:04   Link #368
ReddyRedWolf

Well at least he isn't being blatantly Meta. Then again the OVA is related to the TV series.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 03:46   Link #369
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Oh I know that Katsuyuki Konishi had to do a GL joke in the sound booth...and I want to hear it!!!
From what I know, Katsuyuki Konishi doesn't have role in EVOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
So essentially, EVOL is to Aquarion what Frontier is to Macross: a sequel that combines aspects of its alternate retelling predecessors.
Well nice to know, but I wonder what are the details/aspects he used and combined on EVOL.

And since I haven't watched the TV series, anyone want to give spoiler/summary of the connection between TV series and OVA? I thought the OVA is also alternate retelling of the TV series...
Old 2012-01-20, 08:02   Link #370
Shinji01

EVOL game

I need to go to this.
Shinji01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 10:52   Link #371
kuromitsu

Quote:
Q&A Session with Shoji Kawamori about the series, translated on a certain imageboard
Just a note, it seems this is not an interview with Kawamori, just a Q&A that 2ch put together, with one comment taken from an interview or something.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 13:10   Link #372
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Just a note, it seems this is not an interview with Kawamori, just a Q&A that 2ch put together, with one comment taken from an interview or something.
Ah, for the correction.

In other news... can anyone confirm this supposed observation of the first Blu-Ray volume?

Official Site Aquarion EVOL Blu-Ray page
Amazon Japan: Aquarion EVOL Blu-Ray Volume 1

Supposedly, the uncut version of episode 1-2 will be 90 minutes long.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 13:29   Link #373
Shikijin

Quote:
I think that maybe there will be both cut and uncut version.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 14:25   Link #374
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

I expected something like that. Didn't they do the same in Frontier with episode 1? 45 minutes each episode sounds good.

Btw, I'm watching Aquarion. It's pretty enjoyable, but so far (episode six) a little more serious than Evol.

Last edited by Zaresh; 2012-01-21 at 01:16. Reason: typo
Zaresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 15:00   Link #375
ookamigirl

Nice and fun episode.
The whole digging part was son naive & driven.
Guess girls make a strong motivation ^^"
Amata & Mikono ROFL
The mock battle was really nice.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 00:46   Link #376
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

orz <<< oh lololol

After marathoning Aquarion season 1 and then continue to EVOL, I find EVOL to be much easier to understand compared to its prequel. The scene transition in between episodes and the plot progression in season 1 tends to make me confused on what is actually happening and sometimes, too rush In EVOL however, the plot progress more naturally and (for me) it's easier to understand.

Quote:
There will be an uncut version? o.o;

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 01:05   Link #377
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

First interview when they revealed the main casts...
Old 2012-01-21, 01:48   Link #378
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Ep 1 2 and 3!

Man, where was I when this series started. Back when I saw ep 01, I nearly had a heart attack at it being 40 minutes long. Then when ep 03 came out I was like "ep02 where?" and then oh shuckles, that first ep was the both of them

I had to watch these in a heartbeat. Glad I did, man I love the character designs for the girls, but how hilarious can it get? I see the perfect zettai ryouiki legs in Mikono, the awesome mid riff and boobies of Zessica, and the nice ponytail of Mix-chan, gattai the three of them and that's one purrty girl I wanna gattai with, if you know what I mean (just when another member here reminded me about green haired girls, I guess Zessica will provide my green hair fixx for the season. Seriously though, why do these companies continue to torture me with another green colored, short haired girl?)

And that's basically all I'm watching this series for (mecha where?) Ok, jokes aside, I like to get my mecha from this series since Guilty Crown just has giant skinny soldiers and Gundam AGE has only one Gundam with multiple personalities Even more so, how many (new) Sci-fi'ish series did I dunk my head into this season? We've got a female protagonist leading Moretsu Pirates, there's some cute idol girls fighting noizy gooey bad guys in Symphogear, and then there's a alien girl whose spaceship had a too close encounter of a third kind with a human in Ano Natsu de Matteru, and here I get my fun characters + mecha in Aquarion EVOL. Love this season

Anyways, in episode 1-2, probably my favorite part was when Zessica called out Mikono as a whiney girl and of course in ep 03, everytime I saw the 3 aforementioned girls it was a lot of fun, especially when we almost got to see some Mikono pantsu, man I hope she's uncensored in a disc release, it's no fair 2 of the guys got to see her cute butt but not us viewers Here's something I had to laugh at: "Berlin". I'm all up for my country being referenced in Anime, but calling the wall "Berlin"? I don't know, I'm a little mixed on that. The fact that it's a wall separating the girls from me, of course I'd hate it! Fake bearded Gendo Ikari, take down that wall! And, the "ORZ" was hilarious, made me laugh seeing a unique way to crash a system XD

The plot isn't hiding anything either, so my tired brain can get a rest this season for once. I can definitely see that once they get Mikono and Amata in the same room together, they'll see her element. I'm hoping though that his ORZ got to her and Mikono ought to make up now, no point in pouting anymore. Or well.... pouty Mikono is cute too :P

Last thing: Hey Amata, where have I heard your voice before?
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 03:43   Link #379
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
I'm hoping though that his ORZ got to her and Mikono ought to make up now, no point in pouting anymore. Or well.... pouty Mikono is cute too :P
Don't worry, she got the message. They made that clear at the end of episode 3.
Old 2012-01-21, 04:26   Link #380
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Don't worry, she got the message. They made that clear at the end of episode 3.
Well I want her to run up to me Amata tears in her eyes and glomp him and say "I'm sorry I doubted youuuuu" and they go kissy kissy....

Erm,... you know what I mean

Gyahaha, 9 frames in my sig, a new record!
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, science fiction