AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2013-11-13, 00:29   Link #8101
Kusaja

@stardrago:

We literally know nothing about what exactly Funimation is going to do with Code Geass at this point. It's reasonable to assume they'll dub Akito in due time.

@iCK:

That's interesting, but I eventually reached the conclusion that the name is purely a secret kept between Lelouch and C.C. regardless of whatever it is.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 04:23   Link #8102
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusaja View Post
@stardrago:

We literally know nothing about what exactly Funimation is going to do with Code Geass at this point. It's reasonable to assume they'll dub Akito in due time.

@iCK:

That's interesting, but I eventually reached the conclusion that the name is purely a secret kept between Lelouch and C.C. regardless of whatever it is.
I always hated the idea of Funimation getting anything anime that they can get.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-15, 01:53   Link #8103
darthfury78

I miss the old days when there was a lot to talk about. Now it's a barren wasteland of memories of days gone by.

Here's hoping that Code Geass Oz gets made into a TV series followed by a new version of Code Geass R2...
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-18, 18:37   Link #8104
twisted-pisces
Shadow girl

I.... think this question goes here? Hard to tell there are so many threads -_- Anyway, the Code Black In Ashford, I know it's just a merchandise series, but is there any news of there maybe being a one shot manga? It looks like there is one on the Japanese page, but that might be some mini artbook, Im not sure.
Old 2016-01-28, 21:42   Link #8105
Skellington2612
fighting swine flu

I know the feeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
I miss the old days when there was a lot to talk about. Now it's a barren wasteland of memories of days gone by.

Here's hoping that Code Geass Oz gets made into a TV series followed by a new version of Code Geass R2...
I know what you mean, since Code Geass non anime has captured my attention. Maybe with the ten years after airing the first episode we get something...
Old 2016-02-06, 22:16   Link #8106
Freeter
beyond

Preview of final Akito OVA

Hope it doesn't disappoint.
Old 2016-02-07, 00:06   Link #8107
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
I always hated the idea of Funimation getting anything anime that they can get.
Why is that?

edit: oh god, that post date.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-24, 02:14   Link #8108
MechaAnimefan203

Similar Anime

If you like Code Geass, check this kickstarter project Dai-Shogun out. This will be a VR animated anime with strong characters and samurai robots all set in samurai-era Japan. Also similar to Code Geass, the main character is actually the illegitimate son of Shogun Tokugawa. All of the character descriptions and robots are on the project page.

Link for the kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ion-revolution
MechaAnimefan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-27, 09:09   Link #8109
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Someone please explain to me why Sunrise so damn persistent to make spin-off with same era with Code geass.
why we can't have a spin-off in alternate universe or sequel in 100 year later after Code geass event?
why they can't respect Lelouch solution? there is nothing left to continue in Lelouch era!
if they want to milk money for code geass for Lelouch legacy then give us sequel in the setting like hundred years after the ending.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-28, 19:28   Link #8110
Romanticide

If Funi has the rights, i'd like the BD versions, but hopefully within a reasonable price.
Romanticide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-29, 00:57   Link #8111
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
Someone please explain to me why Sunrise so damn persistent to make spin-off with same era with Code geass.
why we can't have a spin-off in alternate universe or sequel in 100 year later after Code geass event?
why they can't respect Lelouch solution? there is nothing left to continue in Lelouch era!
if they want to milk money for code geass for Lelouch legacy then give us sequel in the setting like hundred years after the ending.
Not sure what you mean by respecting Lelouch's solution as if they're trying to retcon it. (Though frankly they should do a rewrite on some level, either making the betrayal/ZR leadup make more sense, or excising it altogether. Anyone familiar with the Watchmen knows a simple exposing of the entire plan will make it for naught. Not to mention it made less sense than Zero's rebellion in the first place.)
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-29, 12:52   Link #8112
Kusaja

Nothing they have done so far has taken place after the actual end of the TV series, at least not in terms of proper chronology, so I don't really know what he means by that either. That said, I wouldn't be opposed to making a new series set hundreds of years after the events of the show. However, such a thing is far from certain at this point. All they have done is create a couple of side stories which do not change the main events of the anime.

But if they ever do happen to make an alternate retelling, which is still technically possible, it'll probably be very different from the beginning (for example, see the Macross Frontier films, or the Escaflowne and Revolutionary Girl Utena movies). It would be trying something new and showing another possibility, but not because a small part of the fanbase is asking for a change in the ending. Quite the opposite. With an AU story, they could still have it both ways.

Last edited by Kusaja; 2016-03-29 at 13:12.
Old 2016-03-29, 14:14   Link #8113
azul120

Yeah.

An alternate ending was largely asked for in my opinion due to the events of the R2 we had. The ending would be justified only by Lelouch already being just as destructive before the Zero Requiem, which would be a very, very tall order.

And the events of Akito IMO only served to make Lelouch's plight more pitiable by prolonging his Cosmic Plaything status by having his father force him to do something he stands against on the whole.
Old 2016-03-29, 15:13   Link #8114
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

I'd rather go with a retelling/remake of Code Geass original tbh.
They can still make it somewhat different. As well as instead of 50 episodes we could get 100? better pacing, progression and all that.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-30, 10:37   Link #8115
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
They can still make it somewhat different. As well as instead of 50 episodes we could get 100? better pacing, progression and all that.
I agree.
A total rewrite (even if they follow the same plotline) that creates a better "voice", pacing, and lead up to a better written Zero Requiem would be welcome.
Old 2016-03-30, 23:00   Link #8116
Kusaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
An alternate ending was largely asked for in my opinion due to the events of the R2 we had. The ending would be justified only by Lelouch already being just as destructive before the Zero Requiem, which would be a very, very tall order.
That is your own opinion, sure, but not an universally necessary condition. I don't personally see it as any kind of requirement either, nor does the staff in their translated interviews for that matter. There are quite a few other justifications and explanations for the ending as it stands. Neither position, whether for or against, would be too relevant if the entire context is changed right from the start, since they're unlikely to faithfully replicate the existing show.

Quote:
And the events of Akito IMO only served to make Lelouch's plight more pitiable by prolonging his Cosmic Plaything status by having his father force him to do something he stands against on the whole.
I'd say Suzaku's own reaction is more important than Lelouch's plight. He hates Lelouch for what he has done and wants to make him suffer, but Suzaku still stops himself from killing him. In any case...I've liked the other 4.5+ hours of Akito, which dealt with unrelated topics, so for me there's more to talk about than that one incident.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
Making the TV show almost twice as long sounds great on paper. But it also seems like a very unrealistic pipe dream to me. Still, you're certainly free to believe whatever you want. If there is a retelling or remake, sooner or later, I believe it is more likely to be shorter rather than longer in terms of running time (such as a movie or direct-to-video release).

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
A total rewrite (even if they follow the same plotline) that creates a better "voice", pacing, and lead up to a better written Zero Requiem would be welcome.
Who knows? I don't think there's any guarantee that even the plotline will be too similar under a "rewrite" for a retelling or remake...at least beyond possibly re-using the simple concept of "Zero rebels against Britannia" but even that could be radically changed in the process into something else entirely. I doubt it'll just end with a "better" or "worse" ZR since that's already too predictable and might even be impossible under the new story. We could get a happier or sadder outcome, easily enough, depending on exactly what kind of person is any potentially alternate version of Lelouch. But we're all speculating here.

In other words, any future retelling or remake could turn out to be either more or less interesting for plenty of other reasons, regardles of Lelouch's fate.

Last edited by Kusaja; 2016-03-30 at 23:12.
Old 2016-04-02, 08:55   Link #8117
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Personally, I actually expect CG to be the next big metaseries like Gundam.
Old 2016-04-02, 18:23   Link #8118
azul120

Quote:
That is your own opinion, sure, but not an universally necessary condition. I don't personally see it as any kind of requirement either, nor does the staff in their translated interviews for that matter. There are quite a few other justifications and explanations for the ending as it stands. Neither position, whether for or against, would be too relevant if the entire context is changed right from the start, since they're unlikely to faithfully replicate the existing show.

I'd say Suzaku's own reaction is more important than Lelouch's plight. He hates Lelouch for what he has done and wants to make him suffer, but Suzaku still stops himself from killing him. In any case...I've liked the other 4.5+ hours of Akito, which dealt with unrelated topics, so for me there's more to talk about than that one incident.
It does speak volumes to Suzaku's myopia. Also, it's not just Akito, but the ramifications for the rest of the series.
Old 2016-04-02, 20:17   Link #8119
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Who knows? I don't think there's any guarantee that even the plotline will be too similar under a "rewrite" for a retelling or remake...at least beyond possibly re-using the simple concept of "Zero rebels against Britannia" but even that could be radically changed in the process into something else entirely. I doubt it'll just end with a "better" or "worse" ZR since that's already too predictable and might even be impossible under the new story. We could get a happier or sadder outcome, easily enough, depending on exactly what kind of person is any potentially alternate version of Lelouch. But we're all speculating here.

In other words, any future retelling or remake could turn out to be either more or less interesting for plenty of other reasons, regardles of Lelouch's fate.
Very true.
We are going to have to wait and see where Akito goes and how (if at all) it changes the timeline leading up to R2.
Old 2016-04-03, 17:53   Link #8120
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
Very true.
We are going to have to wait and see where Akito goes and how (if at all) it changes the timeline leading up to R2.
Akito already ended. The final episode is out, but only in RAW form. All I could make out was Akito and Leila escaping to freedom, and I guess Shin commiting suicide whilst seeing the spirits of the people he killed. The post-credit scene has Rolo accompanied by a couple Geass Directorate members being introduced to Lelouch/Julius, thus connecting Akito to R2.