AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-01, 19:47   Link #81
Telliamed
sensei no pet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Anyone notice that Dorothy from Mar was in ep 18? Come to think of it, there were a lot of Mar references, like on the back in ep 13. Ep. 5 you see Dorothy and Ginta after Hayate saves the squids.... And others, I'm sure.
Many others. The seiyuu for Saki is the same as Dorothy. (Also, the same animation studio.) There's quite a few references of this type. Probably worth adding a section about it to the wiki.

Quote:
There was a funny little Edward Elric moment for Nagi in ep 15.... "don't call me small!"
But Nagi only does Alphonse references. (see above)

Quote:
Shakugan no Shana reference in Ep 22.
Eh? What and where?
Old 2007-11-01, 21:24   Link #82
Fruitfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telliamed View Post
Quote:
Shakugan no Shana reference in Ep 22.
Eh? What and where?
When Nagi finds Hayate on top of Maria, she gets angry and she's surrounded by fire. Though I'm not sure if it is a shana reference or not, I did hear a few people say it was.
Old 2008-01-05, 14:25   Link #83
hoaRy

Could this be a Lucky Star parody with Nagi playing the Konata's role?
Spoiler:

I remember Konata saying almost the same - but have to search in the whole series for it^^.
Old 2008-01-06, 23:38   Link #84
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

In episode 35 Maria-san dresses up like Sugintou when Hayate and she are out on a "date". It was funny.

In episode 36, Hayate dresses up like Belldandy from Ah! My Goddess. I plain busted out laughing when I saw that. Hayate looked.... pretty? XD Also, even though this isn't a reference to another anime, seeing Klaus depicted as KFC's Colonel was funny. Also, Klaus had the Lance of Longinus in him later on and I heard someone say "AT Field"... Eva ref, obviously.
Old 2008-01-11, 07:13   Link #85
Hyuver

any body knows this is parodying what?
Link removed by Mod

The first and third one is parodying Alfred from batman and Watari from Death Note, but I don't get the second one

Last edited by Pellissier; 2008-01-12 at 03:07. Reason: No links pointing to scanlations of licensed manga
Old 2008-01-11, 15:03   Link #86
astranagun

From what I read somewhere it's a reference to the old Thunderbird telefilm.
Old 2008-01-11, 19:55   Link #87
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Episode 38:
I saw yet another one.... there's an Transformers Autobots symbol on the tree at the very beginning of episode 38. I was really obvious, so I'm surprised no one has mentioned it yet....

Also, in episode 38, I saw.... Viral! I know for certain it was the same voice-actor, and he looked almost exactly the same too, from one eye covered with hair to the pointy teeth. That Gurren Lagann reference in combination with the "Drill Kick" was hilarious.

I think there was also a GaoGaiGar reference in that episode, too, but i don't remember what it was. I just know there was one.

Episode 39:
LMFAO @ the giant black dragonball Nagi picks up out of nowhere to throw at Klaus.

And is it just me, or was that a Gurren Lagann reference on the TV when we saw Hanagiku's sister drunk in front of the TV?
And obvious the Gurren Lagann showed up at the superintendant's house. Man, that was too funny.

I think that armor was a Zodiac Warriors reference, but I'm not sure.

Last edited by Spectacular_Insanity; 2008-01-11 at 20:15.
Old 2008-01-12, 00:33   Link #88
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
I think there was also a GaoGaiGar reference in that episode, too, but i don't remember what it was. I just know there was one.
Cyborg Butler may have had some physical qualities of Viral, but he was a walking homage to GaoGaiGar. The Drill Knee, Hell and Heaven (or "Jigoku and Tengoku" to avoid the laywers), and of course, the Goldion Hammer, were all taken from GGG himself.
Old 2008-01-12, 06:12   Link #89
astranagun

If we want to stretch it he did have Evoluder Guy's long hair too.
Even the same colour.
Old 2008-01-12, 13:57   Link #90
lilguy
Certified Thread Killer

Remember in episode 17, where Klaus paints himself green in the warehouse and says that when he's not on screen, he's in the warehouse thinking about art?

Does anyone think that him being Rodin The Thinker is a reference to Yakitate Japan where Kawachi was encased in bread as Rodin The Thinker during the international tournament?
Old 2008-01-13, 08:04   Link #91
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Quote:
Episode 38:

Also, in episode 38, I saw.... Viral! I know for certain it was the same voice-actor, and he looked almost exactly the same too, from one eye covered with hair to the pointy teeth. That Gurren Lagann reference in combination with the "Drill Kick" was hilarious.

lulwut?
Old 2008-01-13, 10:50   Link #92
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgethis_sg View Post
lulwut?
I guess there was this giga-sigh in your head as you read that, but of course TTGL is much much more available to the recent fan, as compared to GGG. I myself have only watched Final. lawlll.
Old 2008-01-17, 00:35   Link #93
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

A big Knight Rider reference in ep 40
Old 2008-01-17, 01:05   Link #94
CrazyPerson

Ep. 40

The many, many, many NERV-like trucks that kept driving past Hayate and Nagi on the highway, plus Hayate's reference to the Instrumentality Project are all obviously Evangelion.
Old 2008-01-17, 03:36   Link #95
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Episode 40:

Around 9:00 Hayate goes super-saiyan for a split second.
Old 2008-01-17, 15:49   Link #96
ellifeedn
Thinker

This series has done many references, but I will personally bow (like this) if they do a direct reference to Dokuro-chan. If they do that, they will probably show a giant "Can't Show This" on the screen.
Old 2008-01-17, 19:55   Link #97
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Considering that Rie Kumigiya voices Sabbat, in due time, I assume.
Old 2008-01-17, 20:11   Link #98
Aurelia aurita
???

In episode 40, I think the character that Nagi's playing in her video game (around 13:49) is Euphemia from Geass.
Old 2008-01-18, 19:06   Link #99
X207
Gamyūsa

lol the initial d references wher damn funny, ia was waiting for them to show up after i saw a race was gonna start soon. financial drift and the gutter run.
Old 2008-01-19, 03:00   Link #100
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

3 references in one in EP40. Initial D, Knight Rider, and the Shutokou Battle series.