AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 50 47.17%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 22.64%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 14.15%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 10.38%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.83%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.94%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.94%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.94%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-11-08, 13:06   Link #141
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
1: It still shows that they intended to bluff about using the book, so why not bluff that they had decoded it?
Focus on this:
Spoiler for novel text:
What does this tell us? Hint: there are at least 4 messages here. And yes, this part was in the anime.
Old 2010-11-08, 18:25   Link #142
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
The only way to destroy any original grimoire without resorting to Imagine Breaker is to decode it first. And do you even remember what happens when you even try to read and understand the text of an original grimoire? Learn to pay attention.
You'll have to bloody excuse me. I forgot a minor detail in the first season that was over a year ago. Jesus.

The point with that anyway is why did they even bother to attempt to decode it in the first place if it was so deadly?
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 18:41   Link #143
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
You'll have to bloody excuse me. I forgot a minor detail in the first season that was over a year ago. Jesus.
Excuse me? It was just 2 episodes ago.

Touma asked why couldn't they just burn the book, to which Index and then later Orsula replied that you can't destroy a Grimoire.

Quote:
The point with that anyway is why did they even bother to attempt to decode it in the first place if it was so deadly?
Because she wanted to destroy the grimoires. Magicians have been fighting over them for ages, she wanted to destroy them to end the fighting.

This was also from 2 episodes ago.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 18:42   Link #144
Ashaman

Er, that was addressed in the first episode of the second season. The archer dude.

It was also addressed whan Orsola was speaking to touma; she told him how Grimoire's can't be destroyed without understanding them firsst (or was that Styl) IB prob could though.

You need to decode it to destroy it - this is what Orsola was trying to do.

As long as it exists, there is a possiblity of them either fighting over it, or decoding it and using it for their own purposes.

Both would be bad.

I agree, Orsola was a little thick, but her heart was in the right place
Old 2010-11-08, 18:45   Link #145
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
No, you cannot destroy magic books, that's the problem in the first place. The second best thing they could do is to seal it. However that means that people would still find reasons to fight for them.

Orsula was trying to decode the book because she figure by understanding how the book is written, she might be able to find a way to destroy them. That is why she wanted to decode the books, and this is obviously against the wishes of the Church cause despite all their talk, those who control the grimoire control a very powerful weapon and they wouldn't want it destroyed.
I really wish people would read...
Old 2010-11-08, 18:49   Link #146
Jarmel

Quote:
Excuse me? It was just 2 episodes ago.

TOuma asked why couldn't they just burn the book, to which Index and then later Orsula replied that you can't destroy a Grimoire.

Because she wanted to destroy the grimoires. Magicians have been fighting over them for ages, she wanted to destroy them to end the fighting.

This was also from 2 episodes ago.
I already deleted the episodes so I can't check so I'll take your word for it.

Again my point with that was why would they even let her study it in the first place.
Old 2010-11-08, 18:53   Link #147
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Again my point with that was why would they even let her study it in the first place.
I can't remember the smaller details, but I suppose maybe nobody thought she could actually do it?

Or even more likely, she was studying them without consent, she had at least abit of reputation if they were building a church in her name, so she probably pulled some strings.
Old 2010-11-08, 18:55   Link #148
Jarmel

Quote:
I can't remember the smaller details, but I suppose maybe nobody thought she could actually do it?

Or even more likely, she was studying them without consent, she had at least abit of reputation if they were building a church in her name, so she probably pulled some strings.
Please tell me there is a better reason than that.
Old 2010-11-08, 19:01   Link #149
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Please tell me there is a better reason than that.
Well I can come up with fantastic stories and baseless theories about how she did it if you want.

Why do you need to know? She's supposedly this expert decoder for the church as well, so she would have some access to restrictive books in the Vatican Library. There are a number of possibilities, I just gave three, pick one.
Old 2010-11-08, 19:05   Link #150
tsunade666

Orsola didn't pulled some strings she did it in a honest way.

Read my post above.

Their are copies of grimoire. Because it's just a book for ordinary citizen and poison for magicians. It's useless for a normal citizen that hadn't any clue about magic but if someone who knows magic it would lead to either death or power.
Old 2010-11-08, 19:14   Link #151
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Orsola didn't pulled some strings she did it in a honest way.

Read my post above.

Their are copies of grimoire. Because it's just a book for ordinary citizen and poison for magicians. It's useless for a normal citizen that hadn't any clue about magic but if someone who knows magic it would lead to either death or power.
So they have a potentially dangerous book and they're displaying it to the public even though there is the possibility someone could decrypt it. That's what I got from your post.
Old 2010-11-08, 19:31   Link #152
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
So they have a potentially dangerous book and they're displaying it to the public even though there is the possibility someone could decrypt it. That's what I got from your post.

Copies, not the original, not the same.

And on display equals closed and behind a glass panel.

It was later revealed that the church lied about taking it out of their vault as well. But even before then Stiyl recognized how crazy it is to take out something like that for publicity sake. But I suppose it's because nobody had been able to translate it so they've gotten sloppy over it, it happens to humans all the time.
Old 2010-11-08, 19:34   Link #153
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Spoiler for Because one isn't enough:

Its was just 2 episodes ago dude, if you can't remember that detail which had a guy with his head exploding blood here and there, seriously you need to check your health.

P.S.: I'm started to consider you never watched the season's begin and probably the first season.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2010-11-08 at 20:00.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 20:00   Link #154
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Nice ep, I gave it a 9/10. Touma's Falcon Punch was rather more epic than usual.

Quote:
Its was just 2 episodes ago dude, if you can't remember that detail which had a guy with his head exploding blood here and there, seriously you need to check your health.
True. If you're going to argue about it, have the decency to know what you're talking about, at least.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 20:27   Link #155
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I find Touma punching lolis to be a bit over-doing it.. But it was needed wasnt it?

Either way, this episode was about a 9/10 for me, really love how everything turned out (especially the scene with Touma in the hospital) but the ending.. Just set my images of the Archbishop upside down
Old 2010-11-08, 21:26   Link #156
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

To all those who are defending the imperfections, I think it's useless; they are still thinking that there could have been something else done instead of what happened. And what happens if their suggestions were granted? Adaptation decay worse than what we're having currently.

Damn if they do, damn if they don't.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 23:13   Link #157
reaper with no name

Not quite as good as in the light novels, but this is mainly due to the inherent differences between novels and animation, and it's still awesome either way, so yay!
reaper with no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 02:12   Link #158
OkamiNoKaze

Pretty cool wrap up to this arc, and yet again Touma ended up in the Hospital, the nuns hacking through the door, reminded me of The Shining, hmm, maybe there should be a movie with actual zombie nuns. Boy, though Touma, Clocked her good, twice. Kaori, needs to choose between pants and short shorts.
Old 2010-11-09, 08:18   Link #159
Kamonichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
Kaori, needs to choose between pants and short shorts.
Her favorite Final Fantasy character is Tidus, so she's mimicking his half-pants/half-shorts style. Kanzaki Kaori: Always ready for Blitzball.
Kamonichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 09:14   Link #160
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamonichan View Post
Her favorite Final Fantasy character is Tidus, so she's mimicking his half-pants/half-shorts style. Kanzaki Kaori: Always ready for Blitzball.
Well, let's hope that the blitzball is as strong as a Touhou soccerball, because if not, she's most likely going to foul out by cutting the ball up with Nanasen...
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote