AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-06-24, 02:55   Link #3181
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

This episode made me curious about Kite fighting abilities. Would he stood a chance at winning with both arms or the results would be the same?

Seeing the founder of Hunter organization at the scene was epic, but it also reminds me the taunting feeling that were catching up the manga... AND those two guys! Nice to see them nicely animated.

Killua inner thoughts of the situation was chilling, which madhouse success in delivering. The comparison of his brother & the clown was nothing to the Royal Guard... Was it the killer intent or Killua judge it by power?

edit* was at MAL and can't believe someone called Killua moment with Gon at the end GAY! It did feel kind of gay in an immature American way, but those types of things are normal in Japan, when males bond!
Old 2013-06-24, 03:16   Link #3182
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
This episode made me curious about Kite fighting abilities. Would he stood a chance at winning with both arms or the results would be the same?
He still wouldn't win, but he might have been able to escape if he had both arms.
Old 2013-06-24, 06:24   Link #3183
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Forgot to say that they did a great job with the BGM.

Anyway , something was bothering me , why Kite's friends didn't get out of the car ???

Guess we need Goku to beat Freezer once again
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 07:26   Link #3184
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I don't think we're supposed to look at that situation and immediately be able to say Killua was right or wrong, Gon was right or wrong, or Morel was right or wrong. It's complicated. That's why Togashi is a writer than puts 99% of mangaka to shame.
Ultimately, I don't care all that much who was right. What rubbed me the wrong way is that they looked down on Killua without having a full grasp of the situation. They didn't consider the possibility he did meet an impossibly strong enemy he could only run away from and instead assumed he panicked and let himself get overwhelmed. They're overly confident, borderline arrogant. Notice that Netero didn't say anything and gave Killua another chance. Unlike Morel and Knov, he isn't underestimating him.
Old 2013-06-24, 08:10   Link #3185
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Well what Morel said and what Kite told him to do are in direct contradiction so it's got to be either one or the other. Morel may be saying what could be right as a general rule of thumb but it's clearly wrong in regards to the situation Killua was in. Kite said Killua did the right thing and and his judgement has greater credibility since he was there. Gon also backed that up at the end. Morel was just being an arsehole.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 08:21   Link #3186
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I'm confident Togashi isn't done with this topic, and it won't prove to be so simple as that. Just not his style.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 10:08   Link #3187
noktown

Wow,didn't expect Kite to go down so fast.Too bad the full fight wasn't shown,only the result.

Also at this point it looks like this kitty ant is impossible to defeat,can't imagine how strong the King is....

That's so sad that Hisoka and Killua's bro are missing so much fun,I would die to see Hisoka's crazy mad reaction to this aura.
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 10:34   Link #3188
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ Yeah, where’s that murderous-pedo-maniac clown when you need him XD? I guess this is also how Togashi teaches us about one aspect of reality: the right man can’t always be at the right time and the right place .
Old 2013-06-24, 10:52   Link #3189
HandofFate

I think Hisoka would orgasm to death after getting his fill of people/ants to fight.
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 18:08   Link #3190
HybridBloodsZak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Well what Morel said and what Kite told him to do are in direct contradiction so it's got to be either one or the other. Morel may be saying what could be right as a general rule of thumb but it's clearly wrong in regards to the situation Killua was in. Kite said Killua did the right thing and and his judgement has greater credibility since he was there. Gon also backed that up at the end. Morel was just being an arsehole.
Everyone loves Killua which is why they want to support him and its totally fine to do so. I'll just say some anime-only viewers are being hard on Morel right now. First shown in Heaven's Arena, this topic of Nen overwhelming someone has just been reintroduced from the perspective of being overwhelmed(The Frog, Hagya, Rammot, Killua). Why Killua does what he does in battles and thinks the way he thinks about fights will make sense down the line(kinda soon actually) and it has an awesome resolution

This facet of Nen I find the most fascinating about the system and this arc will show why in some really interesting ways

As Kite said at the beginning of the episode and Morel reinforces later, being a Hunter is really about how strong your resolve is and in this particular case Killua's resolve was weaker than Pitou's. If your mind isn't resolute your Nen won't work correctly or even be able to use it. Rammot already learned that lesson last week when he felt Pitou's will/malice(Nen). Notice how Gon had an explosion of Nen after seeing Kite's arm. He wasn't afraid of Pitou but willing to go all out against that nefarious creature. He was steadfast even after being exposed to Pitou's malicious aura. Gon has always had the will of a rock as evidenced throughout the series. He wouldn't give up against Hanzo in the Hunter Exam or the Bomber on Greed Island

Last edited by HybridBloodsZak; 2013-06-24 at 18:43.
HybridBloodsZak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 19:43   Link #3191
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
^ Yeah, where’s that murderous-pedo-maniac clown when you need him XD? I guess this is also how Togashi teaches us about one aspect of reality: the right man can’t always be at the right time and the right place .
Sucks for Kurapica that missed out on taking out more Spiders and preventing them from finding that Exorcist in the Greed Island arc, but then again, the guy definitely needed a break whether he wanted it or not after what went on in Yorknew.
Student no.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-25, 00:47   Link #3192
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mare Boy View Post
Sucks for Kurapica that missed out on taking out more Spiders and preventing them from finding that Exorcist in the Greed Island arc, but then again, the guy definitely needed a break whether he wanted it or not after what went on in Yorknew.
last we saw of hi he was pretty much asked to be the head of the mob, so he might not had ended having any rest at all.
Old 2013-06-25, 11:24   Link #3193
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridBloodsZak View Post
Everyone loves Killua which is why they want to support him and its totally fine to do so. I'll just say some anime-only viewers are being hard on Morel right now. First shown in Heaven's Arena, this topic of Nen overwhelming someone has just been reintroduced from the perspective of being overwhelmed(The Frog, Hagya, Rammot, Killua). Why Killua does what he does in battles and thinks the way he thinks about fights will make sense down the line(kinda soon actually) and it has an awesome resolution

This facet of Nen I find the most fascinating about the system and this arc will show why in some really interesting ways

As Kite said at the beginning of the episode and Morel reinforces later, being a Hunter is really about how strong your resolve is and in this particular case Killua's resolve was weaker than Pitou's. If your mind isn't resolute your Nen won't work correctly or even be able to use it. Rammot already learned that lesson last week when he felt Pitou's will/malice(Nen). Notice how Gon had an explosion of Nen after seeing Kite's arm. He wasn't afraid of Pitou but willing to go all out against that nefarious creature. He was steadfast even after being exposed to Pitou's malicious aura. Gon has always had the will of a rock as evidenced throughout the series. He wouldn't give up against Hanzo in the Hunter Exam or the Bomber on Greed Island
I don't think anyone's being unnecessarily hard on Morel. Shows up and acts like an arrogant jerk. Will see how he likes dealing with that crap and if he manages to stay alive in this arc.

Also I don't think resolve is worth much if it doesn't let you retreat. If resolve means suicidal attacks against enemies you can't beat then what good is it? Intelligence and knowing when to retreat should still matter. Maybe the series will tackle the whole resolve thing. Normally you could imply that it's a great thing to have unshakeable resolve. Yet, in this kind of series it seems like something that will just get you killed.
Old 2013-06-25, 11:34   Link #3194
kakakka

Even with weak resolve, Killua did the right thing. There is nothing to gain at the moment.

If Killua had the resolve, he might got other plans. However, with Gon lashing out, retreating still is the sound option, considering Killua wanted to protect Gon.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-25, 11:37   Link #3195
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Also I don't think resolve is worth much if it doesn't let you retreat.
Even Netero would retreat if he had to. That's not the issue. The problem is that Killua always gets overwhelmed when faced by an enemy who's stronger than him, and a hunter can't be like that. He doesn't need to be as reckless as Gon, but he needs to learn to take risks.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2013-06-26 at 12:17.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-25, 16:51   Link #3196
Clarste
Human

Basically it's about the contradictory philosophies of Hunters and Assassins. Hunters purposefully venture into the unknown. As Morel says, it's completely normal to know nothing about your enemy. As a Hunter, your job is to conquer that unknown. Maybe the enemy is stronger than you. Maybe they have some hidden technique up their sleeve. But you'll never know until you fight them. You have to risk your life to get anything done.

By contrast, an Assassin's job isn't to fight. For them, or at least Killua's family, it's all about doing a job. They kill people for money. They don't fight for money, and they don't kill for anything else either. An assassin needs to be strong not because they fight, but because they kill. They need to be strong enough to kill their target without taking any risks. Because, well, if they die the job wasn't worth the price. An Assassin will never confront the unknown unless it's way below their level, because the unknown is a risk.

That doesn't mean a Hunter can't retreat any more than it means an Assassin can't attack. But the way they fight is different. The way they think is different.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-25, 17:37   Link #3197
Kazu-kun

Perhaps this is the arc when Killua finally stops thinking like an assassin and becomes a hunter for real.

I can't wait.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2013-06-26 at 12:17.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-25, 17:59   Link #3198
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Just picked up the series and am up to ep 23 and have been delightfully surprised. Very well done as a whole! ^^

So maybe I will be chiming in the thread a little more in the future when I get caught up ... umm ... sometime. :\
Old 2013-06-26, 12:16   Link #3199
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Even with weak resolve, Killua did the right thing. There is nothing to gain at the moment.

If Killua had the resolve, he might got other plans. However, with Gon lashing out, retreating still is the sound option, considering Killua wanted to protect Gon.
Resolve means nothing on a dead person, I'd say, unless they could achieve something with it. So yea, Killua couldn't do much else.

Though yes, Killua does tend to avoid risks, and that could be something to improve on.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 12:57   Link #3200
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Basically it's about the contradictory philosophies of Hunters and Assassins.
Assassins take risks. See the fight between Silva and Xenon against Chrollo. Hunters can be careful - see how Tsezugerra didn't fight Gensuru.

While it's true than in theory, Hunters should be less risk adverse, if you can't even imagine yourself winning, assassin or Hunter, it's time to run. Maybe you should also work on your imagination... but do that from a safe distance.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen