Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-06-18, 09:10   Link #3821
Rampant

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
How do you conclude it is a facade? Kyousuke himself states in Volume 10 that this is perhaps more of another side of her, than facade.
Yeah, I definitely don't think that's a facade. Everybody wears a slightly different face in different situations. Kirino does work hard, but she also has an inordinate amount of luck and things generally go her way. When they don't she tends to either flip out and hit people or become completely withdrawn and depressed. That doesn't make her a bad person, just a spoiled brat. She'll grow out of it.
Rampant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 09:40   Link #3822
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommythecat View Post
I really don't feel like digging through early novels to point this out so, next time you decide to watch the anime just keep in mind the attitude she uses towards people other than Kyousuke.
And herein lies the problem. With how many people do we actually see her interact? As stated, this series is told and viewed mainly out of the perspective of Kyousuke. So the only ones Kirino regularly interacts with outside of Kyousuke are Ayase, Kuroneko and Saori. And furthermore, we very seldomly get to see her interactions / treatment of Saori. So in the end it comes down to Kuroneko and Ayase. While her treatment of Kuroneko seems bad, it is actually the way they both treat each other and nobody can claim that they don't care very much about the other. As for Ayase, she treats Ayase very well. Of course there are also the scenes with Manami, but this can't be regarded as representational either, due to her hatred for her, considering what has happened in the past. Then there is Ria, whom she also treats pretty well. Her relationships with Mikagami, Kanako and Sena also don't seem like she's doing any tsun-tsun, or self-indulged stuff.

As for your claim that she says things like Kuroneko and Saori should be lucky to be in her company, I did not find anything aside the time with the anime. In contrast she considers her very lucky to be in their group (conversation with Kyousuke after their father caught her with the DVD box, when she was angry that he called their meetup worthless; then also the maid event). And that surprise visit at Saori's was apparently also her idea.
Old 2013-06-18, 10:00   Link #3823
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshere View Post
I think thats the only way Kirino and Kyousuke can communicate,its quite natural,even when they started dating nothing changed,he also says even if he indeed marries her,it wont change. They have their own unique way to communicate. As for Kirino being a spoiled brat,no,immature and self-centered may be appropriate and for Manami,thats not how an adult should react,even if it hits the bulls-eye,violence doesnt solve anything.
That is how i see it too. That is also something that supports for me why it ended that why. And why a hidden realtionship.
Sakuratsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 10:08   Link #3824
Wilshere

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayid View Post
That is how i see it too. That is also something that supports for me why it ended that why. And why a hidden realtionship.
I think its really difficult to react against the person you love and hate(when she used to) at the same time. If you want to see some of her behavior at school and Ayase's description of her as ''kind'' and ''goddess'' S1 Ep 12 or 12.5 whichever you prefer.
Old 2013-06-18, 10:21   Link #3825
Kakurin
大佐

Part 2 Chapter 1, full translation. Not as much as usually, due to my slow pace.

Spoiler for Part 2 Chapter 1:
Old 2013-06-18, 10:31   Link #3826
Wilshere

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Part 2 Chapter 1, full translation. Not as much as usually, due to my slow pace.

Spoiler for Part 2 Chapter 1:
Reading full text feels different than reading mere summaries, Gd work mate and I believe this should keep me busy waiting for the Finale to release .
Old 2013-06-18, 10:40   Link #3827
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshere View Post
I think its really difficult to react against the person you love and hate(when she used to) at the same time. If you want to see some of her behavior at school and Ayase's description of her as ''kind'' and ''goddess'' S1 Ep 12 or 12.5 whichever you prefer.
I watched a couple days ago the entire first season again. Her behavior is very important to understand why I think it became a hidden romance plot at the end.

It is also this behavior (of kirino) that made me like this novel from the start and knew that there is some hidden message in the story.

EDIT: (this message is in general wilshere, it is not directed to you alone)

I don't see her behavior as a facade at all. I think the things that happened in the past and the situation at the cold war etc. Made Kirino in such a character. But to conclude from this that it was all a childish act and she was guilty about it so she gave the ring back.

Is practically saying that Kirino is the bad person here and that kyousuke is used by her. ahahahahaha, knowing that the title is ''my younger sister can't be this cute'. Means to me that he Kyousuke came to know slowly about the nature of kirino and so he fell in love with her. And knowing that they are young and can't do things like full incest route etc. They decided to revert back to being siblings but not normal siblings but something more (hidden). What this hidden thing means we don't know. That is were the story ends.

Like i read somewere in the novel. Her actions are all part of her (tsundere towards her brother (with a meaning behind it), hard working towards others etc).

Last edited by Sakuratsuki; 2013-06-18 at 11:42.
Old 2013-06-18, 10:50   Link #3828
Wilshere

Quote:
I watched a couple days ago the entire first season again. Her behavior is very important to understand why I think it became a hidden romance plot at the end.

It is also this behavior (of kirino) that made me like this novel from the start and knew that there is some hidden message in the story.
I think I'll do the same thing over and over again just to try and convince some that she is just acting reserved to her brother for ''some'' reason,and I believe if she didnt hate him she wont act as she acts in the LNs. In the first 4 volumes,she just practices violence,insults,all kind of things but for a reason. Slowly by time she barely uses violence and becomes gentle,until the final Volume she unveils a part of her dere side (if she reveals it 100% I might die), you can see it through the anime,she is the one who makes physical contact with her brother where in the past all she says is ''gross'' ''dont come near'', no wonder she is the best girl

Edit: I also wonder what wouldve been Kyousuke's reaction had he heard her recordings of her when she was at 3rd grade especially the part '' The matter of the onii-chan I love most''.
Old 2013-06-18, 11:56   Link #3829
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
The title of the novel ''my younger sister can't be this cute' . This title practically gives away. What the point of view of kyousuke is towards his sister is from the start and how her behavior (and other things she dit with a meaning) are things that he didn't know. But after finding out he fell in love with her. That is why it is called 'my sister can't be this cute'.
Soooooo, anyone who thinks their sister is cute has romantic feelings for her? Seriously, that's a terrible rationale. Logical fallacy. You're on better footing with the actual clues in the story. The title could just as easily, even more easily have non-romantic interpretations.

some cats are black things, some black things are televisions, some cats are televisions ... nope.

The author tried to "keep it a race" for as long as he could ... in doing so, he had to provide enough hints that any solution was possible for a large part of the tale.

Try this exercise - pretend Kuroneko (or Ayase) was the choice at the end and go through the series up to the point where Kyou suddenly makes his views clear and look for validation of why she was the obvious choice.
Old 2013-06-18, 11:59   Link #3830
kentasaiba

Last episode-title:
Ore no Imouto to kanojo to yome to waifu to seishun-love ga Konna ni kawaii wake ga nai
kentasaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 12:03   Link #3831
Wilshere

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentasaiba View Post
Last episode-title:
Ore no Imouto to kanojo to yome to waifu to seishun-love ga Konna ni kawaii wake ga nai
Or simply ''Ore no Imouto ga konna ni kawaii wake ga nai'' for short.
Old 2013-06-18, 12:27   Link #3832
jandkas

I don't feel I like I could survive if 14-16 comes in an intervals of a month. I don't want 13 to be a cliff hanger but how likely is that possibility.
jandkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 12:28   Link #3833
protheus
short series addict

Saw a few mentions of the Meruru ring at the ending, so I'm gonna stick my head in those conversations with my POV: this request from her was a reconfirmation of the marriage they have, one that she can finally show in public, since it's related to her hobby and noone can suspect it is something more than that.
Imagine this, a otaku style ring on someones finger, or a ring that shines bright, with real stones? Which one would you link to a marriage and which one would you leave it aside as a friendly gift?
Old 2013-06-18, 12:34   Link #3834
Ricadan
Formerly Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Soooooo, anyone who thinks their sister is cute has romantic feelings for her? Seriously, that's a terrible rationale. Logical fallacy. You're on better footing with the actual clues in the story. The title could just as easily, even more easily have non-romantic interpretations.

some cats are black things, some black things are televisions, some cats are televisions ... nope.

The author tried to "keep it a race" for as long as he could ... in doing so, he had to provide enough hints that any solution was possible for a large part of the tale.

Try this exercise - pretend Kuroneko (or Ayase) was the choice at the end and go through the series up to the point where Kyou suddenly makes his views clear and look for validation of why she was the obvious choice.
Sure, going solely off the title the logic is terrible, but the fact that in a romance novel the plot centers around the little sister, it's pretty obvious that she would have won (albeit the question of whether the author would follow through and what the publisher would allow)

And yeah, the main girl winning might be a cliche and generally those are frowned upon, but cliches exist for a reason.

Last edited by Ricadan; 2013-06-18 at 12:52. Reason: spelling... goddamn i'm tired today
Ricadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 13:00   Link #3835
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Actually, you seem to be having a fit at anyone who isn't in lockstep with you - which is a large reason I was hesitant to even bother to post. I'm asking you to analyze the story framework and trying to show you why it might not have been adequately constructed to avoid the appearance of being jerked to a solution.

If you don't know how to do that, then we're done. Especially because even the simplest piece, like a book title, you're using as leading evidence that we should have expected the ending when it in no way does that.

Am I going to have to write a short story that shows a protagonist that is trying to repair his relationship with his sister while romancing her friends using the same title and the same characters to demonstrate?
Old 2013-06-18, 13:03   Link #3836
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Actually, you seem to be having a fit at anyone who isn't in lockstep with you - which is a large reason I was hesitant to even bother to post. I'm asking you to analyze the story framework and trying to show you why it might not have been adequately constructed to avoid the appearance of being jerked to a solution.

If you don't know how to do that, then we're done. Especially because even the simplest piece, like a book title, you're using as leading evidence that we should have expected the ending when it in no way does that.
Oke sorry, that was a bit rude there of me. I apologize for that behavior. Let me explain it to you why i think it has a connection with the title.

EDIT:

This is the first time I mentioned the title of the book in connection with the story. Look at my posts so far. There is only one post that is talking about the title in connection with the story. My other post don't mention nothing about the title. So this is the first time I said this. My other opinions were based on other things. That came straight from the story.

The only connection I made with the story and title is: how the feelings of kyousuke changed through the whole story towards kirino (life counseling). Why did I think this:

Starting from the first novel (anime):

How was the situation at the beginning between the siblings:

He thought she hated him because of how she treated him.

Spoiler for Thoughts of kyousuke volume 1:

Later in the story his feelings towards kirino changed. Do you recall the episode in the first season. When the father found out about that DVD. And when kirino thanked kyousuke for solving that. 'my sister can't be this cute' was his reaction. I think this is a reaction of ' huh, didn't know she was like this at all'.

This lead me to think about that the title has a connection (but i would have never said it if we were still at volume 6 or 7. I am saying it only now after reading the end). With how Kyouske felt about his sister at first and how this changed later on. But if we have to think if this also explains the romantic part? No it doesn't. But for this we have to dig the hints that are given in the story like: life counseling etc.

I am not trying to convince anyone with my post. My apologies if you took it that why. But that was not my intention.

Last edited by Sakuratsuki; 2013-06-18 at 15:18.
Old 2013-06-18, 13:08   Link #3837
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

It has a connection with the title ... but so do other possibilities, like the non-romantic one I just described. Someone picking up the book would not automatically assume it's about a romance with the protagonist's sister - only that he thinks she's cute. My cat is cute but it doesn't mean I want to marry him.
Old 2013-06-18, 13:14   Link #3838
Wilshere

Quote:
It has a connection with the title ... but so do other possibilities, like the non-romantic one I just described. Someone picking up the book would not automatically assume it's about a romance with the protagonist's sister - only that he thinks she's cute. My cat is cute but it doesn't mean I want to marry him.
Well, don't judge a book by its cover.
Old 2013-06-18, 13:22   Link #3839
Rampant

Quote:
My cat is cute but it doesn't mean I want to marry him.
You probably haven't spent any time thinking about how great your cat's ass is, either.

As others have said, I don't think the ending would ever have been in doubt if they hadn't been siblings. I know I was convinced that Fushimi would back down and try to play it off in the end. That sure didn't happen.
Rampant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 13:31   Link #3840
Ricadan
Formerly Anonymous

Quote:
Am I going to have to write a short story that shows a protagonist that is trying to repair his relationship with his sister while romancing her friends using the same title and the same characters to demonstrate?
But see, why have all that extra romance stuff in the first place?
If the plot focuses on repairing and developing the relationship with the sister, then switching/adding focus to the romance aspects would be unnecessary unless it was actually headed in the direction of the sister.
Ricadan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings