AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-21, 03:31   Link #761
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
If this is true, I wonder how will the Destroyer deal with Priss.
And vice versa
Well, take Kratos for eg, doesn't matter to him how big his enemies are, he always finds a way around them. So, I think Prissy will also be able to find a way to take on the Destroyer, although, I would say that the odds are really stocked against her.
Old 2010-01-21, 09:32   Link #762
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

The Destroyer is self destructing, with each attack its getting weaker. Anything can happen in a one on one against Priscilla (easy death or drawn out fight).
Old 2010-01-21, 09:50   Link #763
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
I think Raki will become a special kind of Claymore warrior. He will be the very first claymore that doesnt have urges and wont go human hungry even if he turned into a Yokai full.
That doesn't make much sense...

Sides', those who have the flesh of Awakened turn out nothing more then monsters in human form, like the Abyssal Eaters. I have no idea how the Organization plan to turn him into anything but an abomination.

--

I agree Ryus, that this is the big moment. I honestly don't expect perfection, because that's up to personal opinion and their are going to be many many people who will hate what he does, regardless of what it is. Nevertheless, I hope, at the very least, it surprises me and is enjoyable.

I think now is a good time to ask though, who thinks the next chapter will be a scene change .

It would be disappointing, but I can't say I would be surprised.

Last edited by Shiek927; 2010-01-21 at 11:58.
Old 2010-01-21, 12:35   Link #764
shogun01
Resident Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Also, I doubt Raki has had enough time to make it back to the organizations headquarters, yet. So the odds of him being perfectly alright, if he's in chapter 100 that is, are slim. Since why would Yagi focus on him right now, unless a 3rd party, like Renee, gets involved in his transport. She being one of the few ways I see Raki not awakening into a monster with no humanity left, once again only if Yagi actually focuses on Raki soon.
I think your opinion on this has some merit. I see a plot device in the dialog and many people ignored it.

It's these lines in chapter 96, page 10.

MIB: "But what if his body were to completely overtaken during the transportation process?"
Leader: "Quite. As such, I will be returning to [the] organization headquarters by a different route."

This conversation is pretty pointless to me, unless Yagi is trying to hint or hide something greater from us. I learn this quite a bit in my Art Class in High School. If you want to hide a mistake in your painting, then add something unique to distract the audience from noticing it. It's the same thing for story telling.

I just noticed something else in that chapter. Take a look at page 9 on chapter 96 and take a look at pages 4 and 5 on chapter 99. Notice that those faces on the spikes are giving off a similar reaction, when they are stuck in Raki and Priscilla?

I personally believe that Raki is something else and I always had. This is a dark fantasy, so seeing unique species that look human is not unusual.
Old 2010-01-21, 16:43   Link #765
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

I think Raki is human, he might have been infected with something. Maybe Claymore or Ab blood/flesh (small amount).

Why is he so big and strong?
Old 2010-01-21, 16:58   Link #766
Arturro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened View Post
Probably because of the same reason why nobles in middle ages were higher and stronger than peasants. Most probably he had enough food to grow (Isley was rather rich), and instead of working on field he was training with sword.

Old 2010-01-21, 16:58   Link #767
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
I think Raki is human, he might have been infected with something. Maybe Claymore or Ab blood/flesh (small amount).

Because he's been training for 7 years?

It's not like humans can't be big and strong on their own .

Woah! my 3000th post, I didn't realize

Last edited by Shiek927; 2010-01-21 at 22:54.
Old 2010-01-21, 18:22   Link #768
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

raki is tall alright but i just hope he's as tall as isley, 1.85 centimeters wasn't it? (6'1")
Old 2010-01-21, 20:16   Link #769
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
It's not like humans can't be big and strong on their own .
It did cross my mind before. I mean he was quite short now wasn't he, up to Clare's boobs wasn't it. But seriously, just look at his height at he moment. That's quite a rapid growth in height if you ask me.
Old 2010-01-21, 20:48   Link #770
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuken View Post
It did cross my mind before. I mean he was quite short now wasn't he, up to Clare's boobs wasn't it. But seriously, just look at his height at he moment. That's quite a rapid growth in height if you ask me.
I say again, it's been seven years; coupled with both his training through the majority of his teens, coupled with puberty, perfectly explains his large stature.

I personally believe that if their was anything truly inhuman about him, we would have learned or figured it out by now.
Old 2010-01-21, 21:26   Link #771
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Don't forget that 7 years ago, Raki was just a kid entering puberty. He is now an adult and his body reflects that. His training with Isley obviously helped him develop a body capable of fighting Yoma with his skill.

Galk was a big guy too, Raki is probably around his height.

Also, people in the medieval ages were usually short due to diet, as Arturro mentioned, Raki probably had a better diet living with Isley then most farmers/peasants get.
Old 2010-01-21, 21:32   Link #772
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Also, people in the medieval ages were usually short due to diet, as Arturro mentioned, Raki probably had a better diet living with Isley then most farmers/peasants get.
Good point, tacking on average lifespan as well.

Living with an "aristocrat", he probably made quality food from resources provided by Isley.
Old 2010-01-22, 11:47   Link #773
Arkham
Stoned Assasin

Quote:
Or Claymore or Ab semen

Quote:
I'm gonna go with the theory that he had sex with Priss
Old 2010-01-22, 11:52   Link #774
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
Or Claymore or Ab semen

I'm gonna go with the theory that he had sex with Priss
So he had sex with Isley and Priscilla?
Old 2010-01-22, 12:01   Link #775
Arkham
Stoned Assasin

Quote:

Quote:
Hey why not?
Raki seems like loose guy, and I'm sure Isley didn't mind crossing swords with Raki
Old 2010-01-22, 12:18   Link #776
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
Don't know about that, but he sure definitely had something with Isley.
Old 2010-01-22, 13:02   Link #777
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuken View Post
Don't know about that, but he sure definitely had something with Isley.
:eyespin :

Well this is a side I've never seen of you Ryuken
Old 2010-01-22, 16:34   Link #778
SagaraSouske

It turned out Raki is a distant descendant of Son Goku, even diluted saiyan blood will produce impressive warrior body. Now all we need to wait for is when he turns SS1 and save the day.
Old 2010-01-22, 18:26   Link #779
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SagaraSouske View Post
It turned out Raki is a distant descendant of Son Goku, even diluted saiyan blood will produce impressive warrior body. Now all we need to wait for is when he turns SS1 and save the day.
Don't you mean ancestor? Son Goku lives in modern times whereas Raki doesn't xDDD

In any case, I still believe that while Raki is 100% human, there is something that sets him apart from other humans. The fact he is able to kill Yoma is one of those things. Sure, there have been other humans who've been able to kill Yoma. But do we know how many humans have managed to do such a thing? Priscilla did it before she even was a Claymore. This leads me to believe that not all of those humans actually did kill Yoma in a straightforward battle the way Raki did. Perhaps some humans created clever traps to capture the Yoma and kill them when they were immobilized. Others may have attacked them by surprise. Who knows. The other thing is the Holy Sword that he posesses. Something has always told me that there's more to that sword than it being a religious object. Plus, isn't it weird that a sword, an instrument of death, was created for the sake of a church that denies violence and promotes life? That being said, I'm pretty sure we're going to know more about Raki's past when the Black Black Club starts to interrogate/test him.
Old 2010-01-22, 18:53   Link #780
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
The other thing is the Holy Sword that he posesses. Something has always told me that there's more to that sword than it being a religious object. Plus, isn't it weird that a sword, an instrument of death, was created for the sake of a church that denies violence and promotes life? That being said, .
The sword is long gone, keep in mind the sword he wields now is nothing alike to the one he used to wield.
Closed Thread