AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-08, 15:31   Link #341
ShiroiRyu

Good first episode.
But how many lights novels have been out ?
I haven't really understand the last novels... With differents names. :/
Old 2009-07-08, 15:34   Link #342
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Yay, raws. :3
Old 2009-07-08, 15:39   Link #343
Mr. Anime

i ll wait until its subbed^^

crap i just watched the opening... its the same feeling like being in love^^, i m getting rly nervous now
ASR KUROU HURRY AND SUB IT^^
Old 2009-07-08, 16:20   Link #344
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

No speed subs please.... catch all those nuances
Old 2009-07-09, 15:36   Link #345
sarahwest

watched the 1st ep just now, was pretty nice to see horo in action again
Old 2009-07-09, 17:46   Link #346
typhonsentra

Oooooo, I just watched the new opening sequence and it has me nervous to watch this season, I thought it'd only go up to Volume 4, gah!
Old 2009-07-09, 23:25   Link #347
ProdigalSon
Ragnarocker

yeah looks like they are doing 3-5
Old 2009-07-10, 00:00   Link #348
judgment26
Former B-T Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigalSon View Post
yeah looks like they are doing 3-5
The opening doesn't show any characters from volume 4, and someone mentioned that the announced cast doesn't include any volume 4 characters either, so it's likely that volume 4 will be skipped.
Old 2010-09-05, 15:34   Link #349
JThree

Since this is a "speculation"thread, I thought I might have a theory about Lawrence.

My guess/theory/speculation is that Lawrence is the reincarnation of Holo's old friend who brought her to P (oh, the town she was living in at the beginning of the series).

Things that make me think this:

When Lawrence was with Chloe, the very beginning of the 1st episode, when she was making her "proposal, Kraft had a flash of Holo even though he had not met her yet. Perhaps in way, his "soul" was warning him to wait for his long-eared lady

When they were in the hotel, a few episodes later, Holo started talking about her friend and how he was a "good friend," and she "warned" him over and over again not to tilt his chair, which was what Lawrence was doing . Than she mentioned that she had forgot to tell him something.

It may be that every hundred years or so, the reincarnated Lawrence pops up again in Holo's life. So that while the WiseWolf doesn't die, he does come back every so often into her life.

Just a thought . . .

Please tell me where I'm wrong. Any counter-hints would be appreciated.

(P.S. I do hate the reincarnation concept)

JThree
Old 2010-09-06, 18:34   Link #350
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Chloe didnt exist in the original material but was a re-imagining of a male character in the novel so that sticks a rather big thorn in the first part of your idea.

I think the whole point of the chair moment was simply to convey in a sense how lonely Holo was, and how important to her her real friends have been, to remember things they did even hundreds of years later, when there are so many details she cannot remember.
Holo, reading between the lines, has not had that many true friends or loves since leaving the north and her own kind, and that loneliness shows sometimes.

PS I'm sure one of the other threads (like Q&A) would have been suitable, this one has been dead over a year
Reading: None at the moment
Old 2010-09-20, 22:26   Link #351
JThree

Do you think (by the end of the series), Holo might be tempted to go "evil." And what I mean by that, is that one senses a desparation in her at times, especially when it comes to the subject of lonliness that might cause her to do more questionable acts.

In the first season, Holo tried to convince Lawrence to cut Norah out of her share of the profits before he said no. Our favorite wolf seems to have a procliity to be selfish; those traits could intensify and expand if things don't go well. Do you think she might go "bad" to get what she wants?

Just curious?
Old 2010-09-20, 22:47   Link #352
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I wouldn't rule it out (for her to "go wolf"). Asian literature is much more apt to go bittersweet or even tragic. There are heavy strains of the impermanence and transience of things, relationships, etc.
Old 2010-09-20, 23:05   Link #353
BashZeStampeedo

I wouldn't put it past Lawrence, either. The more he hangs around Horo, the more confident, manipulative, and daring he seems to get.
Old 2010-09-21, 12:45   Link #354
JThree

Does that mean Holo is a bad influence on Lawrence?

JThree
Old 2010-09-21, 15:53   Link #355
BashZeStampeedo

Not necessarily, since he was quite meek and trusting to begin with, a little more "evil" in his system might help him become a better merchant and increase his odds of surviving while he's around Holo.
Old 2010-09-26, 07:49   Link #356
JThree

Ok. Let me rephrase (for the sake of argument), do you think it's possible for Holo to go "totally wolf" to the point where she would slay Norah or enraged enough with Lawrence to kill or betray Lawrence?

JThree
Old 2010-09-26, 09:29   Link #357
GoGetMyShotgun

In the first season I remember Horo telling Lawrence that if her patience slipped with Nora she would not guarantee her life, mostly because she was a shepherd. That, and she took out that army entire army without batting an eye. So there is that "wolf" part of her that isn't above killing others.

But I highly doubt she would kill or betray Lawrence. At the very least, it's obvious she deeply cares about him and before Lawrence came along she's been stuck in Pasroe village with no company at all. I really don't think she'd try anything that would end up pushing away the only companion she's had in a hundred-something years.

"Don't leave me alone anymore." ~ Billionaire Girl
Old 2010-09-26, 20:22   Link #358
BashZeStampeedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JThree View Post
Ok. Let me rephrase (for the sake of argument), do you think it's possible for Holo to go "totally wolf" to the point where she would slay Norah or enraged enough with Lawrence to kill or betray Lawrence?

JThree
Who knows, as far as physical violence goes. if she ever lost control. In volume 4,
Spoiler:

But betrayal seems unlikely imho, except maybe if she thinks it will spare him a worse fate.
Old 2010-09-28, 16:32   Link #359
JThree

Expectations on the conclusion:

I'm not sure if the author will give us a traditional happy ending, but I have a hard time accepting a finale which Holo and Spice parted forever. They've gone through too much, not to have some sort of peace between them.

In what I've seen in the first two novels, and first season, it seems that the two have grown quite a bit together, and will probably mature more by the time the series ends.

JThree
Closed Thread