AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-08-05, 12:07   Link #1
zztop

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines

Here's an interesting game that came out in Japan this July for the PS Vita, and is scheduled for a later international release (date still unspecified).

Known as Ore no Shikabane wo Koete Yuke 2 (俺の屍を越えてゆけ2, "Over My Dead Body 2") in Japan, it is a 2014 Japanese role playing game for the PlayStation Vita and a sequel of the original 1999 game of the same name (left), which was never released for the Western market.
It received a PSP remake in 2011, (right) also for Japan only.

The gist of this game (and the 1st) is that your family has been hit with 2 curses by the antagonist; a rapid-aging curse that causes a family member to grow up rapidly and die within 2 years, and an infertility curse that makes them unable to bear children with mortals. Fortunately, the deities of Japan are willing to let you "breed"* with them to produce children to continue your bloodline in the hope that they can defeat the big bad and end the curse.

The aim of the game is to manage your family line by "breeding"* with various deities, which you summon by gaining divine points from monster hunting and dungeon crawling. (*NOTE: No suggestive imagery or events happen here, this is NOT an ero-game.)

Children then can be assigned a warrior skill class that will allow them to make up the family's adventuring party. Classes include Fighters, Dancers, Swordsmen, etc.

If anyone here has ever played the 1st or 2nd games and would like to share their 2 cents on it, or would like to contribute any further info on this game, please feel free to drop a post here.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-05, 20:55   Link #2
Cyprene

OK, I played game 1 and played the demo of game 2. Game 1 is... interesting, but flawed. Game 2 is shite and should be avoided. It has really cool character art and a unique story, so I really wanted to like it. But the dungeons in this thing are just awful. You run around hundreds of identical rooms that each have multiple entrances and exits, and are irregularly shaped so they're impossible to map. If the game had any kind of auto-mapping feature in it, I couldn't find it. So you're running around looking for... something... in these identical rooms, with your characters getting older and closer to death every minute.

I was extremely disappointed in the demo, and opted not to purchase a game I'd been looking forward to. The Amazon reviews for it are even harsher than I am, by the way, evidently the story goes off the rails as the writer shoehorns in a girl from a completely different book that he wrote, and your clan and their story goes by the wayside.
Cyprene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-06, 00:01   Link #3
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyprene View Post
OK, I played game 1 and played the demo of game 2. Game 1 is... interesting, but flawed. Game 2 is shite and should be avoided. It has really cool character art and a unique story, so I really wanted to like it. But the dungeons in this thing are just awful. You run around hundreds of identical rooms that each have multiple entrances and exits, and are irregularly shaped so they're impossible to map. If the game had any kind of auto-mapping feature in it, I couldn't find it. So you're running around looking for... something... in these identical rooms, with your characters getting older and closer to death every minute.

I was extremely disappointed in the demo, and opted not to purchase a game I'd been looking forward to. The Amazon reviews for it are even harsher than I am, by the way, evidently the story goes off the rails as the writer shoehorns in a girl from a completely different book that he wrote, and your clan and their story goes by the wayside.
How was game 1 flawed? I'm not very fluent in reading Japanese, so I can't read Japanese reviews on how this is so.

I also read there was a twist re. the main villian and their motivations from Game 1, although the site was rather vague on details. Could you share spoilers?

On game 2, apparently the writer defended the shoehorning by saying it was his way of introducing more clarity on progressing the plot, something which Game 1's fans said was lacking.* I may have answered some of my 1st question there, but feel free to share details.*
Old 2014-08-06, 00:19   Link #4
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=857314

I followed this thread and I must say I'm looking forward to the game, seeing I haven't played the first game so it won't affect me much about how they handle the family.
Old 2014-08-08, 20:22   Link #5
zztop

Here'a a series of Japanese-language blog playthrough posts from an Oreshika 2 player. The below links are the latest:
http://warasika.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-144.html
http://warasika.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-145.html

From what little I can read, apparently this blogger beat the game going through only 4 generations of family members.

PS. I wonder if this game's story could ever be made into an anime series, given the spate of RPGs/visual novels/dating games being adapted for TV.

Last edited by zztop; 2014-08-08 at 22:16.
Old 2015-03-04, 09:25   Link #6
Nerroth
NePoi!

This game was released yesterday in North America, and should be out today in Europe:

Old 2015-03-05, 16:05   Link #7
Chibiloli

So who sings the opening theme? Its so soothing.
Old 2015-03-05, 20:44   Link #8
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
If anyone here has ever played the 1st or 2nd games and would like to share their 2 cents on it, or would like to contribute any further info on this game, please feel free to drop a post here.
Japanese reviews of the first game were enthusiastic were largely positive, but the second game has mixed reviews. No idea how similar the two games are either.

I know Tainted Bloodlines is coming out in this month, but when? ...Wait, it's out already? Want!

Last edited by AnimeFangirl; 2018-01-06 at 00:25. Reason: Nobody cares at this point
AnimeFangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-15, 02:55   Link #9
Chibiloli

Yeah, does anybody here know how I can access the DLC I bought like that fire festival thing and the time turner DLC?
Old 2015-03-15, 13:01   Link #10
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
PS. I wonder if this game's story could ever be made into an anime series, given the spate of RPGs/visual novels/dating games being adapted for TV.
The premise, as stated in the launch trailer, would be good fodder for a series/movie with a focus on the investigation. It's unlikely the Rasputin-analogue arranged the extermination of your clan purely for the fun of it; two possible motives present themselves:
  1. you'd cottoned on to his underlying scheme, so he proceeds to the 'discredit/eliminate the witnesses' step; or
  2. according to some prophecy, you (or a descendant) are the only one capable of stopping said scheme
And the incidents 'Rasputin' here pins on you? Either he staged them himself (false flag operation), or they're events outside his control he's nonetheless taking advantage of.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-19, 22:39   Link #11
Chibiloli

Well, I just died and my daughter replaced me, the chibiloli is dead, long live the chibiloli.
Old 2015-03-21, 15:17   Link #12
AnimeFangirl

Lol, you named your clan head Chibiloli? Then get ready to go through a lot of dead chibilolis!
Old 2015-03-22, 00:46   Link #13
Chibiloli

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFangirl View Post
Lol, you named your clan head Chibiloli? Then get ready to go through a lot of dead chibilolis!
Actually I named her Kaori after my mother, I just used chibiloli since its my username and that sounded a lot more fun, I got the long live the chibiloli thing from North Korea's leaders, all named kim.
Old 2015-04-14, 05:36   Link #14
Chibiloli

Anybody here know how to use thDLC like the fire festival and time turner DLC?