AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2006-09-16, 20:45   Link #161
cat666

Question Question

Hello its my first time here im new to the whole converting scene so here goes. i used the guide and changed what needed to be changed but it still cutting off in the right side and a black line in the left i have no idea what im doing wrong. i want it to be fullscreen. can any body help? thanks.
cat666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 00:21   Link #162
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

Luinwen, make sure the numbers all equal out to 720x480 when add up the 1st and 3rd numbers and 2nd and 4th under the border with the values from fullscreen resized. See my post earlier in the thread where I was running into a problem like that. Also make sure you're trying to encode something that is a full screen aspect ratio, and make sure everything is set for 4:3 not 16:9 in things like the php files and such. Again, see earlier in the thread for where to go and what to do to check those.

cat666, again see earlier in the thread as it was posted which number borders do what for borders. Change the left and right numbers equally. Example:

Say the Border settings are Top, Left, Bottom, Right (which I think is actually what it is) and say your settings are 30, 20, 30, 20 (whcih I think is also defualts) and it is cutting the right off and black bar in the left. What you need to do (from my exerience, and correct me if i'm wrong) is to basically shift the left and right borders some. So, your new settings (which WILL involve fine-tuning and multiple encodes to get right) would be something like 30, 18, 30, 22. This SHOULD make the left border smaller and the right bigger, shifting the encided picture to the left, which will help cut down the overscan on the right still and making the left border less visible.

In the end, you will have to mess around and do multiple encodes to get the borders right.

Anyways, now that my (hopefully) helpful part of the post is done... time for a question lol

Anyone know where to get CCE rather then the visual light site or whatever from CCE's homepage? I tend to be a bit weary of subscribing for new online store sights... but I can't really find it anyplace else online. Think maybe my local software store would have it? (Fry's if anyone knows what that is)
Cynor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 23:41   Link #163
UNIQUO

please delete .. I just realised the answer is on the 1st page
UNIQUO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 23:44   Link #164
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIQUO
where is the script?
Read this!

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 21:55   Link #165
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

Hmmm... so, I finally get my second series that I wanted to burn to playable format encoded... but, i've run into a bit of a problem when burning it. Even after multiple encodes (thinking maybe something went wrong in the first) my burning program (Nero which came with my burner) chokes on the same re-encoded file but not the orriginal (which I burned for a test to make sure the base file itself wassn't corrupt). It'll burn the first few episodes, then choke about half-way through the episode and just freezes for a couple seconds then pops up saying that the burn process failed.

Its interesting because it goes through the encoding and such (in burner) for each of the other episodes, just not ep 4 (which is the one it chokes on) and I didn't have this problem with the prior series I encoded, though both use the same codecs for video and audio, and like I said the other episodes don't choke and will burn fully (yes I tried burning them to a playable format by themself and it worked)

Anyone got any ideas?

Also, another question about borders... After playing the last series and comparing to the stuff on my PC (just to make sure I had the borders just right) I discovered the L/R borders can be increased a little so the sides aren't being cut off as much still. As it is i'm not loosing THAT much, and it doesn't effect the subtitles any, but i'm a bit of a prefectionist and would like to try to shrink that a little more. But, here is where my question/problem comes in... Unlike my prior tweaks to borders i'm not just shifting the picture, I actually want to increase both borders (to say 35/35) but that will make my output file 730x480, like I was posting before how it wasn't "set" to the 720x480 as it was supposed to be or something. (Edit: I was just thinking about this and maybe the reason why my output is border+resize because i'm still using QuEnc rather then CCE? Also, i've tried viewing the .avs files generated with the new resize and border options, and while it looks like it'll keep the same "animorphic" aspect ratio, i'm not 100% sure because I think the player i'm using is "correcting" that even with borders...)

So, I figure if I change the resize to 10 less it'll fix that, but then I wonder how that will effect the over-all aspect ratio (for my 16x9 encode) and while i'm going to try that later and see, I wanted to know if people who have more experience with these scripts think that will effect the aspect ratio any.

(edit seems like it doesn't have any effect on the end aspect ratio, as they still look fine even after having to tweak borders and such. I still don't know why one file is failing to burn while the rest aren't though... i've also run into another problem with random de-syncing of audio/video though... fine in the begining but towards the end it literally goes like 5+ seconds out of sync... and again, it seems to be random... even in the same series some will be fine some will be vastly out of sync)

Last edited by Cynor; 2006-10-06 at 11:24.
Cynor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 16:28   Link #166
MasafumiGotoh

Anyone know why would CCE close after a minute of encoding and go striaght to audio encoding? Although I might have fix the problem by manually encoding the file with CCE but I am unsure if the borders are made that overscan wouldn't cut off the subtitles.

Edit: Seems like I found my problem. Every thing fine now.

Last edited by MasafumiGotoh; 2006-10-20 at 17:02.
MasafumiGotoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-23, 09:35   Link #167
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

For some reason Quenc won't start up automatically when I selecht _ENCODE ALL_. It did it the first time. I pressed quit since it was just a test, and since then only besweet starts audioextraction when I select press _ENCODE ALL_.

For the love of me why can't something go right for once.

Btw Aktee's CCE SP version config sadly is a dead link.

edit: I now notice that Quenc does start up when I try to encode another file which hasn't been queued before. However pressing quit one time causes Quenc to stop starting up the next time you queu and encode that same file. Weird innit?
Old 2006-10-24, 23:39   Link #168
asgiov

Hey. I'm trying to use TMPGEnc DVD Author and i choose NTSC for the Video System but it won't work cuz the file encoded at 23.976 FPS. It says it HAS to be 29.97 FPS. How do you fix this?
asgiov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 19:23   Link #169
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

I'm having a problem with the encoded file that is created after the process is done. When I convert an .mkv to .m2v, the new file's audio/video jump around a few times at parts. I tried getting the latest version of FFDShow and turning of Mplex as was suggested in the FAQ, but that hasn't helped.

Is there anything else I can try?
LuckyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-27, 01:40   Link #170
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiosai View Post
I'm having a problem with the encoded file that is created after the process is done. When I convert an .mkv to .m2v, the new file's audio/video jump around a few times at parts. I tried getting the latest version of FFDShow and turning of Mplex as was suggested in the FAQ, but that hasn't helped.

Is there anything else I can try?
Does that also happen when you burn the file to a DVD disc and view it on your DVD player?
Also try playing the file using VLC and see if the problem still happens.

I have the same problem you see -- but it appears to have something to do with the MPEG2
DirectShow filter installed, so while it affects playback in WMP and MPC, VLC and my actual
DVD player are not affected.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-27, 12:47   Link #171
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHDpro View Post
Does that also happen when you burn the file to a DVD disc and view it on your DVD player?
Also try playing the file using VLC and see if the problem still happens.

I have the same problem you see -- but it appears to have something to do with the MPEG2
DirectShow filter installed, so while it affects playback in WMP and MPC, VLC and my actual
DVD player are not affected.
It plays a little better in VLC and as a burnt DVD but it still breaks and skips a little.
Old 2006-10-27, 15:49   Link #172
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Okay... sorry, but I'm not sure on how to fix that.

I personally also had terrible skipping issues when I tried playing DVD encodes made with TMPGEnc (Xpress) on my old DVD player (brand: Cyberhome). My new player (brand: Medion) doesn't seem to have any problem with anything.
Old 2006-11-02, 14:06   Link #173
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Hmm, well actually it does work with VLC. I want to try encoding it with CCE but the site with aktee's guide is down.
Old 2006-11-17, 18:39   Link #174
MasafumiGotoh

I have a problem with audio of the concert I converted. It seems to me it is 10 minutes off from the actual movie at the end. When I play preview the file on DVD authoring software it does that. But when I check the mp2 file separately it seems normal.

Heres the stats of the original file used for encoding:
MasafumiGotoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-18, 12:12   Link #175
earthling

Hi, I've followed the steps according to the guide and have been able to successfully re-encode .AVI anime episodes into .MPV and .M2V files. The problem I'm currently facing arises when I attempt to re-encode .MP4 anime episodes (One Piece, Kaizoku-Fansubs). After the batch file is created and run, CCE would only run for 10 seconds before terminating the video re-encoding and skip directly to the BeSweet phase. Does anyone here have any idea why this is happening?
earthling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-27, 22:47   Link #176
esonique
I'd always knew.....

Hi all, Im new here.
I've been using your script (software) for a couple of days now and I must say it is amazing!!!
I've been looking for something like this for a long time now.

My question is:

A. How can I set it so Quenc closes GOP?
I'm using DVDLab to author my DVDs and it complains that the GOP's are open and the DVD may not be compliant.

B. Can I set Screen Detection to be on by default, and how do I do that?

C. Do enabling either of these 2 make a difference or is DVDLab just whining.

Thanks for all the hard work you've commited to make it easy for us. I've met 2 other software creators who made something for themselves to make their lives easier and ended up sharing it with the internet out of kindness.

Once again thanks!
esonique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-28, 00:57   Link #177
esonique
I'd always knew.....

I think i figured it out, correct me if Im wrong but: I opened Quenc in the apps folder and noticed that the settings that are default were already set. I ticked off Close GOP.

That should fix it for me ??!!???!!
Old 2006-11-28, 01:10   Link #178
Rufus

I seem to be having issues with Captain Harlock (Special Edition episode 1)...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...olargecopy.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...operlycopy.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../errorcopy.png
Rufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-28, 01:41   Link #179
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

@esonique
No, options for QuEnc are set on the command line. And I personally don't use QuEnc but CCE, so I haven't really tested QuEnc myself a lot. I just used the settings from the guide my settings are based upon.

To turn on "Closed GOP", you have to edit my scripts I'm afraid. But it's not that hard. Open the "quenc.php" file from the /DVDStudio/Scripts/Source/ folder with a text editor. Then use the search function to search for "-nocgop", which is a argument passed on the command line to QuEnc by my scripts. Simply remove it (nocgop = no closed GOP). It should be in the file twice. Then save the file while not touching anything else.

As for scene detection... this option is called "-noscene" and is right in front of the "-nocgop" option, so you can remove it at the same time if you wish. Though I'm not sure if removing the "no" options will actually turn these features on. Unfortunately I have a little trouble finding a proper list of command line arguments for QuEnc.

As for whether DVDLab is merely whining or whether they do make a difference: I have no clue really, sorry.

@Rufus
The extracted MP3 file should be in /DVDStudio/Encoding/ somewhere (either there or in a subfolder). Use some other tool to convert this file properly to WAV and store this WAV file in the same place and with the exact same name (except for the file extension) in the folder as the origional video.

One possible reason for this problem is for example when the MP3 file isn't 44100 Khz 16-bit Stereo, a problem I also had with Battelstar Galactica Webpisodes. A tool like Cool Edit (or other audio tool) should be able to convert the MP3 to a WAV that does have those specifications.

Edit:
Nevermind: http://members.aol.com/avsfilmcutter...uideEncod.html -- to turn ON instead of off the features you mentioned merely remove the "no" part of the option, ie: turn "-nocgop" to "-cgop" and turn "-noscene" into "-scene".
Old 2006-11-28, 17:04   Link #180
esonique
I'd always knew.....

Ahhhh, got it! Thanks!

I actually just found that turning on detect scene change is bad when creating a DVD (at least thats what is said when you highlight the option).

And as for DVDLab complaining about GOPs not being closed, I went ahead and created a DVD anyway and it seems fine.

Do you or anyone else know if closing GOPs is really necessarry?
I know you mentioned (GHDpro) that you really never use Quenc to encode.

Also, do you have any plans to implement using Hank's mpeg-2 enCoder (HC). I use it with DVDRebuilder and it seems to work wonders for me.

Anyways thanks for the quick response.

Tags
file conversion, wiki candidate