AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-08, 20:43   Link #16161
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I don't feel anything, maybe it needed a gross description to make it more frightening like Vol. 3.
I really miss Harlan Ellison...

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2012-01-08, 21:06   Link #16162
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

As I recall Brunhild is in jail at Necessarius, so I suppose NT4 will have GREMLIN come into contact with Necessarius then...

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2012-01-08, 21:28   Link #16163
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
As I recall Brunhild is in jail at Necessarius, so I suppose NT4 will have GREMLIN come into contact with Necessarius then...
Eh, if that vague synopsis is to be believed, NT4 is going to be about the state of affairs within the Science side.

I think we'll have to wait for that to happen further along the line. I can picture Othinus pulling a Fiamma and walking into London all smug while a distraction is going on.

Hell, maybe we'll have Laura, Kanzaki, Knight Leader vs. Othinus. Failing than, Mr. Nice Guy and his girlfriend arrive, with their pet dog Fiamma.

Fiamma and Ollerus vs. Othinus? Oh yeah. Poor London

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2012-01-08, 21:38   Link #16164
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Eh, if that vague synopsis is to be believed, NT4 is going to be about the state of affairs within the Science side.

Meh, I wouldn't trust it though it sounded really vague and unconvincing.

It's only going to be one month before the cover illustration and official synopsis comes out on Dengeki anyway.
Old 2012-01-08, 22:03   Link #16165
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Hell, maybe we'll have Laura, Kanzaki, Knight Leader vs. Othinus. Failing than, Mr. Nice Guy and his girlfriend arrive, with their pet dog Fiamma.

I stand to my opinion earlier, what Laura should really do at this point is to move her HQ to Canterbury Cathedral, as the entirety of Necssarius would soon be buried into ground when Odin walks in to St. George Cathedral.

And things can be worse, instead of helping Necssarius to fight against Odin, I can see Ollerus just break Brunhilde out and then flee the scene. As I can't see Ollerus helping out the morally questionable Laura.
Old 2012-01-08, 22:12   Link #16166
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
I guess that will be left to Accelerator and Hamazura now that Touma decided to stay on USA.

Quote:
I think we'll have to wait for that to happen further along the line. I can picture Othinus pulling a Fiamma and walking into London all smug while a destruction is going on.
Fixed.
"There is no better distraction than destruction".

Quote:
With a proper bargain even Brunhild can join Kanzaki as a ally Saint. Knight Leader is on a saint level without Curtana Original's blessing, Curtana Second has serious damage and Laura isn't going to fight when she has 0th parish to do the job for her.

Quote:
Its Odin to his friends, well, I can't picture Odin fighting alone so I expect him to be with other magicians who plays the roles of Thor, Baldr and Freyre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster
I stand to my opinion earlier, what Laura should really do at this point is to move her HQ to Canterbury Cathedral, as the entirety of Necssarius would soon be buried into ground when Odin walks in to St. George Cathedral.

And things can be worse, instead of helping Necssarius to fight against Odin, I can see Ollerus just break Brunhilde out and then flee the scene. As I can't see Ollerus helping out the morally questionable Laura.
I doubt Ollerus is going to happily wait and let Odin have his way when he can give a hand to Brunhild and release her from London Tower before anyone can approach her first.

Oh yeah, poor St. George Cathedral , I almost can imagine Laura with a fixed Index's remote control and using her (again) in JPM only cause even more destruction at the Cathedral (again). That place is seriously doomed .
Old 2012-01-08, 22:22   Link #16167
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I guess that will be left to Accelerator and Hamazura now that Touma decided to stay on USA.
I agree, if Academy City is under attack both of them would make a beeline back to the City.

However, if there is some buffer time before any attack, or if the situation isn't critical like Anti-Skill being overwhelmed. It's not unlike them to try to fix this mess with Touma... Somehow.

Quote:
I doubt Ollerus is going to happily wait and let Odin have his way when he can give a hand to Brunhild and release her from London Tower before anyone can approach her first.
The whole thing is strangely similar to Fiamma needing Sasha in WWIII...

Quote:
Its Odin to his friends, well, I can't picture Odin fighting alone so I expect him to be with other magicians who plays the roles of Thor, Baldr and Freyre.
This is gotten me excited, not because we might get to see those guys, but rather there's a chance I might finally get to see 'Loki' playing a good guy role again

Quote:
Oh yeah, poor St. George Cathedral , I almost can imagine Laura with a fixed Index's remote control and using her (again) in JPM causing even more destruction at the Cathedral (again). That place is seriously doomed
Unless they're bringing Index back now, I don't think she'll get there before Odin attacks.
Old 2012-01-08, 22:29   Link #16168
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
This is gotten me excited, not because we might get to see those guys, but rather there's a chance I might finally get to see 'Loki' playing a good guy role again
Well, we have Loki's daughter Hel already.
Old 2012-01-08, 22:35   Link #16169
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

...Say, the Gungnir that Brunhild created was only a replica... Could Odin be trying make the original?

Quote:
Well, we have Loki's daughter Hel already.
Still, it's not the same...
Old 2012-01-08, 22:43   Link #16170
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
...Say, the Gungnir that Brunhild created was only a replica... Could Odin be trying make the original?
Good question.

The answer is yes.

Old 2012-01-08, 22:58   Link #16171
tsunade666

Maybe the reason why Touma can't bring Index because she was going back to Necesarius base to tighten up its' defense. Like there would be any defense that Odin can't pass through >.>
Old 2012-01-08, 23:14   Link #16172
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Alright, anyone got any more tropes for Mister Majin?

Old 2012-01-08, 23:56   Link #16173
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
This is a question, but wasn't Brunhilde's case the same as Kanzaki? As in Necessarius is giving that boy she wants to protect a "nice treatment", and there is these unspoken pact that the "nice treatment" will continue as long as nothing weird happens?

BTW I wouldn't sell my soul on the Summary for NT4. If anything, for the NT novels all of the summaries have been kinda misleading ("A world without Touma", not only Toma came back, but they only showed us a small side of Academy City's situation, not the world's... And where is my Railgun Hell?).
Old 2012-01-09, 00:03   Link #16174
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
BTW I wouldn't sell my soul on the Summary for NT4. If anything, for the NT novels all of the summaries have been kinda misleading ("A world without Touma", not only Toma came back, but they only showed us a small side of Academy City's situation, not the world's... And where is my Railgun Hell?).
No, generally the synopsis is pretty accurate... EXCEPT for one line

The trick is knowing which line it is
Old 2012-01-09, 00:44   Link #16175
Twi

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...IndexMagicians

Did some work on Birdway...
Old 2012-01-09, 01:15   Link #16176
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Fixed the Wham Line, in which you typoed and said it was NT2

Old 2012-01-09, 01:26   Link #16177
Twi

Quote:
Fixed the Wham Line, in which you typoed and said it was NT2
Doh! My senses are slipping. Birdway really screwed Touma over though. And Aleister must be rolling in his tank.
Old 2012-01-09, 01:46   Link #16178
djmaca
My Girl ↓

I'm really not convinced that Birdway is the badguy here. I mean that Odin dude looks suspicious and his friend just turned Cendrillon into a piece of furniture, literally.

Eww! Just thinking how she skinned her, slit her open, piece her bit by bit and turned her bones, flesh and skin into a leather chair is just....

And who is this Brunhilde anyway you guys talking about D:|
Old 2012-01-09, 01:59   Link #16179
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Eww! Just thinking how she skinned her, slit her open, piece her bit by bit and turned her bones, flesh and skin into a leather chair is just....
It's just like Celebrity Deathmatch.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-01-09, 02:05   Link #16180
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
And who is this Brunhilde anyway you guys talking about D:|
Norse Mythology SS.

Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen