AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-02-26, 04:29   Link #2241
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I feel sorry for the dragon. I hope he (she?) ate everyone.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 05:03   Link #2242
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Let me guess...someone stole your sweetroll?

Sweetroll mod. lol

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=11316
Old 2012-02-26, 09:34   Link #2243
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Trolls have trolled me when I even started this game... When I was climbing up to the Greybeards when I started, I was casually going up the long stairs (which I forgot to save 1 hour in advance). Then I come along a TROLL that knocked me out and killed me.. Hooves = Trolled
Old 2012-02-26, 09:45   Link #2244
DuoRanger
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
That's just a_random_bowman's armor. I'm looking for Archer from FSN.
the chinese mod teams are more concentrated now with saber and how to make Jojjo's frostmourne mod look more evil, maybe someday we'll see a Archer or Gil's armor.

for now, the most closer thing to Gil's armor its just the Dwarven armor
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 12:54   Link #2245
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Trolls have trolled me when I even started this game... When I was climbing up to the Greybeards when I started, I was casually going up the long stairs (which I forgot to save 1 hour in advance). Then I come along a TROLL that knocked me out and killed me.. Hooves = Trolled
The purpose of that troll is to teach you that *running away* is a good tactic, grasshopper. I just sprinted like hell every time after that after my first character ran into him.

I'm running into the problem of storylines progressing faster than my character is ready for ... so I have to purposely divert and go do some side quests for a while.
Old 2012-02-26, 12:57   Link #2246
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Didn't have that problem. The first and only time I ran was when I tried getting to Windhelm from Whiterun. There's that fortress in the way... What are the authorities doing?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 12:58   Link #2247
GDB

My first troll was when I was wandering around the wilderness (I didn't go up Greybeard mountain until like level 40). I just shot at it with a bow until I realized it was regenerating, so then I kited it and lit it up with Fire magic until it died 20 minutes later.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 13:11   Link #2248
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

There was also a time when I got to Solitude for the Empire quest. After watching the execution, all of a sudden. All the guards started coming after me.. When I ran out the door in a hurry, I saw 17 instantly teleport outside that door and right next to me. That's how I got my first jail time... Skyrim loved to troll me when I started.
Old 2012-02-26, 19:13   Link #2249
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

One time when I got trolled bad was when I was in the swamps by Morthal and I came across a chaurus reaper. I did a stealth attack with the bow, and it came running up to me and in two hits I was dead. I did not realize that it also does a lot of damage with poison damage.
Old 2012-02-26, 19:18   Link #2250
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

^ Chaurus areas i stay away from until MUCH later. because those thing's are rediculously OP.
Old 2012-02-26, 19:32   Link #2251
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I never had problems with trolls personally. I once had attempted robbery 3 times on the road from Whiterun to the base of the Throat of the World though, killed all 3 of them.
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 20:10   Link #2252
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
All this talk about Trolls, interestingly enough when you look through the Creation Kit you'll find that vanilla Trolls don't have any native Regeneration, Fortify Heal Rate, or Fortify Heal Rate (Combat), the latter two of which Shadowmere have (Shadowmere's is level 4) and if you just happen to give to dragons will make your fights with them almost impossible to win without Dragonrend.
Old 2012-02-26, 22:53   Link #2253
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

What are the major questlines in the game? Imperial questline, stormcloack questline, companions, thieves guild, college of winterhold, and dark brotherhood. Is there another one? Is there a main quest line other than the imperials and stormcloacks? I really don't know, as I played the game quite a bit, and then I went to an early save (level 5) and I redirected my characters skills. I just got many perks I wanted and now I'm going to start questing again, with the main quest and thieves guild.

Then I have a few different characters in mind for future playthroughs. I'm thinking of playing a Breton or Imperial woman that goes around in light armor and uses spells and conjured weapons (I'm thinking first elven armor and then glass armor; have her join the imperials and do the college of winterhold quests) and then a Nord woman that is a pure warrior (does the companions quest line and stormcloaks).
Old 2012-02-26, 22:59   Link #2254
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I *think* you've nailed them all (plus the dragonborn line itself) ... and yeah, I've used (am using) a separate character for each questline or combination of lines. I've also restarted a few times.

I suppose after that - we'll see what sort of DLC or fan-material pops up. However, I figure I still have a couple of months of play time to go at my speed.

Last edited by Vexx; 2012-02-26 at 23:11.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 01:02   Link #2255
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The purpose of that troll is to teach you that *running away* is a good tactic, grasshopper. I just sprinted like hell every time after that after my first character ran into him.

I'm running into the problem of storylines progressing faster than my character is ready for ... so I have to purposely divert and go do some side quests for a while.
The fun thing is that it is entirely viable to run away. And in fact, if you are good at baiting the troll, you can even lead it all the way to the Greybeards who will slaughter it for you.
Old 2012-02-27, 02:19   Link #2256
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
The fun thing is that it is entirely viable to run away. And in fact, if you are good at baiting the troll, you can even lead it all the way to the Greybeards who will slaughter it for you.
My sneak-thief managed to "rescue the goat" (part of the drinking contest questline) from the giant by leading the giant on a merry chase into a troop of Thalmor then circling back and leading the goat off while the carnage ensued.
Old 2012-02-27, 06:25   Link #2257
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
My sneak-thief managed to "rescue the goat" (part of the drinking contest questline) from the giant by leading the giant on a merry chase into a troop of Thalmor then circling back and leading the goat off while the carnage ensued.
If this had been a tabletop game, you would probably earn experience points for that. Pity a computer game just doesn't have the complexity to detect when you do something clever.
Old 2012-02-27, 08:59   Link #2258
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
If this had been a tabletop game, you would probably earn experience points for that. Pity a computer game just doesn't have the complexity to detect when you do something clever.
Truth.... another bit of interest, my warrior guy (who the trader girl Camilla ran off with to adventure thanks to some console commands) --- well, neither Sven nor Faendal have nice words for him when he visits town now

They both are angry at him (for stealing Camilla) ... I'm actually surprised the game had the model route for that since I used console commands to make her a follower.
Old 2012-02-27, 10:46   Link #2259
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Truth.... another bit of interest, my warrior guy (who the trader girl Camilla ran off with to adventure thanks to some console commands) --- well, neither Sven nor Faendal have nice words for him when he visits town now

They both are angry at him (for stealing Camilla) ... I'm actually surprised the game had the model route for that since I used console commands to make her a follower.
The game may just be treating it as if you'd killed her, which will provoke that response from both those NPCs. Would make sense since the console command removed her from her normal routine.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 19:29   Link #2260
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I'm thinking of doing a warrior character next. I'd like to do a Redguard or Nord. I was thinking of being proficient with maces and either one-handed axes or swords, as well as block. I was thinking of making her proficient in light armor, and then getting perks in basic smithing and advanced smithing and use some smithing mods so that she can have light armor that makes her look more like a barbarian (instead of something fancy, like Elven, Glass, and Dragon Scale armor). Perhaps I'll put some perks into the first archery perk set, too (the one with 5 perk levels), and carry around a hunting bow for those times I'm fighting dragons from far away.

I don't know if I want to go around with the bow as well, though. Does anyone hear with a warrior character use a bow, or do you get by with just short ranged attacks? If I want a dragon to land, there is a shout to learn that makes them land, right?

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim