AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2008-08-02, 19:55   Link #61
Red Lupine
Bulzome High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
I am hoping some other animation company would do it...if it's Kyo-Ani then something like this could happen:
Spoiler for ep2:
can you explain that video to someone that doesn't understand Japanese?

it just confused me
Red Lupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-02, 22:20   Link #62
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Lupine View Post
can you explain that video to someone that doesn't understand Japanese?

it just confused me

There's not much to it but to just admire the nice pictures that the author borrowed from Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu to recreate various scenes in Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 2.

And the opening text just states that it contains spoilers from the game, and have bloody scenes.
Old 2008-08-04, 19:07   Link #63
Woodskull
Not very shiny

Quote:
I am hoping some other animation company would do it...if it's Kyo-Ani then something like this could happen:
Spoiler for ep2:
Wow. KyoAni doing horror? I kinda like the sound of that...

Well, basically any studio that can animate better than DEEN can would be good. Maybe DEEN could jump in and point out a few things that they did right. Like the eyes. I really liked what they did with the eyes in Higurashi.

I don't know, maybe Bones would be cool? I'd love to see how they would tackle a show like that. Might be too action-y though.
Woodskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-04, 19:55   Link #64
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
In all honestly, I have NEVER seen BONES tackle a bishoujo visual novel adaptation ever (I wonder why though) so it seems unlikely they'll do it.
Old 2008-08-05, 11:57   Link #65
Rekka
\( ' 3')/

Ono for Battler? so nonsense i think they could call Sugita for him... or someone more GAR about Jessica, i really don't know what to say, 'cause chiri's voice isn't the "happy tsundere voice", as jessica needs, but i can't say anyone to dub her o_O
For Shannon, i can't imagine anyone than Mamiko Noto and the sweet sweet voice ;-; so lovely
Satsuki Yukino can dub Eva, i never saw she dubbing no tsundere... and Eva is nice, too. I think Beatrice is much scandalous-master of chic-older satoko for satsuki's voice.. if you know what i mean =D
and, i love the idea of kyoani do umineko really do. but... lol deen...
Rekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 14:20   Link #66
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekka View Post
Ono for Battler? so nonsense i think they could call Sugita for him... or someone more GAR about Jessica, i really don't know what to say, 'cause chiri's voice isn't the "happy tsundere voice", as jessica needs, but i can't say anyone to dub her o_O
For Shannon, i can't imagine anyone than Mamiko Noto and the sweet sweet voice ;-; so lovely
Satsuki Yukino can dub Eva, i never saw she dubbing no tsundere... and Eva is nice, too. I think Beatrice is much scandalous-master of chic-older satoko for satsuki's voice.. if you know what i mean =D
and, i love the idea of kyoani do umineko really do. but... lol deen...
Wow
nice suggestion for Shannon
I can already imagine Shannon with Enma Ai's voice hehe

When I suggested Nakahara Mai for her, I was kind of thinking on her clannad-nagisa
Old 2008-08-05, 23:46   Link #67
Rekka
\( ' 3')/

Yukana is a nice choice too, but i agree that she isn't thaaat moe and Nakahara Mai is teh moe Shannon with Yakumo's voice will be niiiiiice *_*
For Lambdadelta, i can't see anyone than Shana/Louise [!] or Satoko's voice HOHOHO~~~
And, please, Kinzo NEEDS to be dub by Charles Vi Brittania. ALL HAIL BEATRICE!
Rekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 00:22   Link #68
Keriaku
Thought Being

What I want to know is, since they definitely aren't going to be able to fit every scene of the novels into the anime, how will they know what to animate?

Unless they talk to 07th and learn the whole story, since no one knows the answer to the mystery yet, how can they determine what scenes are important and which aren't?
Keriaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 00:53   Link #69
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keriaku View Post
What I want to know is, since they definitely aren't going to be able to fit every scene of the novels into the anime, how will they know what to animate?

Unless they talk to 07th and learn the whole story, since no one knows the answer to the mystery yet, how can they determine what scenes are important and which aren't?
well sure, i dont see any reason why they wont/cant get 07th cooperation on the matter. besides, if they stick close to the original game, there shouldn be anythng to worry about right?
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 07:27   Link #70
Keriaku
Thought Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompa loompa View Post
well sure, i dont see any reason why they wont/cant get 07th cooperation on the matter. besides, if they stick close to the original game, there shouldn be anythng to worry about right?
The problem is how close they'll stick to it.

Though it might be better then Higurashi was since they're starting the anime with only 2 (soon 3) episodes out, not 7.
Old 2008-08-06, 12:44   Link #71
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
In all honestly, I have NEVER seen BONES tackle a bishoujo visual novel adaptation ever (I wonder why though) so it seems unlikely they'll do it.
Repeat after me: Higurashi and Umineko are NOT bishoujo visual novel at ALL.
Might be the "same" for you, I dunno, but adapting a VN without any bishoujo component might change the whole deal for such kind of studio.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keriaku View Post
The problem is how close they'll stick to it.

Though it might be better then Higurashi was since they're starting the anime with only 2 (soon 3) episodes out, not 7.
That is a mistake: whilst it is normal they got screwed for season 1, with 6 (not 7) arcs to do, the second season had only 3, and yet, there are skipped facts that aren't exactly great (especially start/end of minagoroshi).
Old 2008-08-06, 15:06   Link #72
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
That is a mistake: whilst it is normal they got screwed for season 1, with 6 (not 7) arcs to do, the second season had only 3, and yet, there are skipped facts that aren't exactly great (especially start/end of minagoroshi).
...Wait a minute. I thought there were four question arcs and four answer arcs. Am I missing something, or are my numbers just off?
Cat Megex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 15:13   Link #73
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Megex View Post
...Wait a minute. I thought there were four question arcs and four answer arcs. Am I missing something, or are my numbers just off?

There are, but they fit 2 of the answer arcs in the first season. Therefore the first season has 6 arcs.
Old 2008-08-06, 15:27   Link #74
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Quote:
There are, but they fit 2 of the answer arcs in the first season. Therefore the first season has 6 arcs.
I'm aware of that (I was referencing the game's arcs; if you hadn't replied, I would have gone and edited my post to say "four question arcs and four answer arcs in the game[or "games", if you count each game separately, though I believe each successive game did have the previous arcs in addition to the new one]); what was odd to me was Klashikari saying "6 (not 7)", as though implying the existence of an additional arc. I am also aware that one of the arcs (the Satoko-oriented one) in season two was an anime-only arc, so Klashikari's mentioning of three arcs in season two was not confusing to me. I dunno where episode 1 of season 2, "Reunion", fits in, though. Was that anime-only as well?
Old 2008-08-06, 15:59   Link #75
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Reunion should be considered as part of Tsumihoroboshi-hen.

As for the 6 (not 7), it was to put emphasis that one season only was the first 6 chapters of Higurashi, while the later 2 (plus the extra one, yakusamashi-hen) were used for kai.
In overal, there are only 8 arcs + 1 extra. Reunion isn't exactly a arc so.
Old 2008-08-06, 21:30   Link #76
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Quote:
Reunion should be considered as part of Tsumihoroboshi-hen.

As for the 6 (not 7), it was to put emphasis that one season only was the first 6 chapters of Higurashi, while the later 2 (plus the extra one, yakusamashi-hen) were used for kai.
In overall, there are only 8 arcs + 1 extra. Reunion isn't exactly a arc so.
Ah, okay. Anyway...is there any evidence on whether or not Umineko may be broadcast in HD? (Or, for that matter, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei?)
Old 2008-08-06, 21:50   Link #77
Rias

Rei is also coming out in BD, so that's HD

Umineko...if AT-X airs it, which they probably will, then it would be in HD
Old 2008-08-06, 23:43   Link #78
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

i'm kind of hoping (although it's not terribly likely) that this will be split into 4 seasons of 13 eps, so that it doesn't clash with the game releases and should have more balanced pacing
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 02:36   Link #79
Keriaku
Thought Being

Quote:
I know the actual first season of the anime only had 6 arcs in it, but I was just saying how they started the anime when there were 7 arcs of the game out.
Old 2008-08-07, 03:53   Link #80
GyroidFanatic

No, I believe the 7th came out while they were making the first season.
GyroidFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote