AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 52 44.83%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 37 31.90%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 12.07%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 6.03%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.72%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.86%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-10, 22:24   Link #21
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
^ THIS!
No other pairing is acceptable!! Yin or bust for Hei l say!!
I don't know about this. Yin being demonized and all this ep.

Maybe Yin gutted that girl... *just a wild thought* Orielle doesn't look like the type to get her hands dirty. Genma doesn't seem to be into that sort of thing. Shion's still in the wheelchair.
Old 2009-12-10, 22:55   Link #22
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I don't know about this. Yin being demonized and all this ep.

Maybe Yin gutted that girl... *just a wild thought* Orielle doesn't look like the type to get her hands dirty. Genma doesn't seem to be into that sort of thing. Shion's still in the wheelchair.
Umm, I thought of that. But I don't remember Yoko being a contractor, and since Yin was mentioned only killing contractors........

Bets on Orielle. She definitely had something to do with it.
Old 2009-12-10, 23:19   Link #23
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Send a message via AIM to EadTaes Send a message via MSN to EadTaes
I only saw a raw so I don't know what was said.

But Hei didn't kill Yuoko for sure since to interrogate her he used drugs. The dead Youko has her fingers broken and she was beaten till she died. Autopsy would tell us more on her injuries. Oreille might have something to do with it but it's more like she hired a professional for this and did not do it her self.
Old 2009-12-10, 23:35   Link #24
Freeter
beyond

No one suspecting the twins as Youko's murderers? *points to Black Lagoon Second Barrage*

Was that Mao's real body? He conveniently left it behind, so I'm guessing it isn't...eh, I prefer him as a cat/squirrel/random animal anyway

Loved how Misaki just ditched stone guy with the car I doubt her brief struggle with Hei is going to quell her feelings for him. Heck, she's carried that torch for two whole years, might as well go all the way.

Yin...looked like a boy in that plug suit Maybe if she was taken to Kiko's house they'd dress her up like one too
Old 2009-12-11, 00:08   Link #25
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Was that Mao's real body? He conveniently left it behind, so I'm guessing it isn't...eh, I prefer him as a cat/squirrel/random animal anyway
Actually really it was his real body. (he says so when he jumps at Suou's dad in the flashback) He only left it behind there because he needed to use the cat to spy at the time.

EDIT: Two things I forgot to mention.

First, I was surprised that Suou wasn't surprised at Hei's "new" look. It's not like I expected her to go dere or anything, but still. Well, maybe I was spoiled too much by this.

Second, it looked like July was "talking" with Oreille's doll twins through the observation spectre back near the beginning of the episode. Maybe we just got our first real hint of July's original reason for tagging along with Hei and co. ......

Last edited by Shinji103; 2009-12-11 at 00:27.
Old 2009-12-11, 00:45   Link #26
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
First, I was surprised that Suou wasn't surprised at Hei's "new" look. It's not like I expected her to go dere or anything, but still. Well, maybe I was spoiled too much by this.
I had the same reaction. I was waiting for the moment Suou could take a look at Hei's new look and her reaction to it, but I suppose they were too caught up in the moment since there were so many revelations revealed.
Old 2009-12-11, 02:23   Link #27
nubby

Well considering the situation, how could she have been surprised by his look when more important things were happening?
Old 2009-12-11, 03:08   Link #28
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Great episode. Finally some spotlight on Mao and how he lost his body. Human Mao looks great, although I still prefer the black cat Mao. It's weird that everything's connected to the twins incident. Poor Suou. Apparently she's just a copy created by Shion and Shion looks sadistic. The father also fails into the mad scientist category now....the plot thickens. The twins. Izanagi and Izanami. Madam. Section 3. The organization etc....

Not much about Hei. But it was really sweet of him to console Suou. Still, I'm surprised at how he's acting towards to Misaki. But apparently Hei didn't try to kill Misaki, but trying to knock her out with the knife handle. The black jacket is back!

Yoko is offed in a quite gruesome way. I think it's the Madam's doings. Hazuki is out for Hei's blood....

2 more episodes left. I wonder how they are gonna finish this series at this rate...Season 3 please?
Old 2009-12-11, 04:47   Link #29
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
2 more episodes left. I wonder how they are gonna finish this series at this rate...Season 3 please?
Season 3 with a grown-up Suou? I approve.

Quote:
Not much about Hei. But it was really sweet of him to console Suou. Still, I'm surprised at how he's acting towards to Misaki. But apparently Hei didn't try to kill Misaki, but trying to knock her out with the knife handle. The black jacket is back!
Misaki needs to stop chasing after the illusion of Li-kun and try and chase the real Hei. I'm not sure about this, but I think in Misaki's mind, the real "Hei" is his Li-kun persona, while this is obviously proven to be untrue. Or maybe she's used to calling him Li-kun and I'm looking too much into it.

Anyway, I really liked Misaki in this episode.
Old 2009-12-11, 06:04   Link #30
James Lame
ahaha.wav

Quote:
Great episode. Finally some spotlight on Mao and how he lost his body. Human Mao looks great, although I still prefer the black cat Mao.

Yoko is offed in a quite gruesome way. I think it's the Madam's doings. Hazuki is out for Hei's blood....
Yeah it was a nice surprise to get some back story on mao. He's quite the smooth talker.

That's not impossible tbh but I do still believe Hei has that capability, guess we'll have to wait and see how the confrontation between Hei and Hazuki plays out to know for certain.

Overall this was a nice episode, tho it does feel a lot like this was the calm before the storm.
Old 2009-12-11, 06:16   Link #31
Clarste
Human

Stockholm Syndrome! That's the answer to your question, Suou. I was really hoping Mao would say that, but alas it was not to be.
Old 2009-12-11, 06:36   Link #32
Thoguht

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubby View Post
This is disgusting! Hei and 12 year old Suou over Misaki? WTF are they thinking and where are they taking this?
Suou is incomplete. She's a mess of half-salvaged memories and things dredged up from Shion's twisted imagination. Her feelings for Hei are part father-fixation, part hormonal overload and part Stockholm syndrome all mixed together with the dislocation of losing your family and your home and then topped with the incomprehensible shock of finding out that the real you died years ago. Right now, she'd go with anyone for a meat bun.

Then there's Hei. He's incomplete too. He's lost his "sister" twice over now - Hei-Bai, Black-White, yin-yang, inseparable and incomplete without the other. Maybe Suou actually does have something of Bai in her and perhaps Hei can see it. And that's without taking in the Yin angle as well. Even without alluding to the manga, it's safe to say he's missing her too. Right now, he'd torture, maim or kill anyone just to find out where she is (yes, I know he "only" tortured Yoko).

So, what happens when you put two messed-up, hurting people like that together? If this were a novel it would be Pulitzer material, because (as they say in another place) it doesn't afraid of anything. Disgusting? No. Masterful? Yes.
Old 2009-12-11, 07:09   Link #33
Spinell

Was that really Yin at the end of the episode?
Sure she had Yins eyes, but hair and grin looked more like Shions. Maybe it is enough that Observation ghost and Shion meet and that girl is the being thats supposed to come out of the Gate when they meet?
Old 2009-12-11, 07:09   Link #34
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Another great episode! Kills me that stuff like this only gets 13 episodes while harem/school anime get the full 26!

Anyways:

* Nice to see Mao stuff. Yes, it requires suspension of disbelief that he didn't put two and two together earlier about Suo, but hey, this is a work of fiction, so I'm always good with suspension of disbelief. :/

* The mother knew about Shion's contractor power.

* Shion had his contractor power even back then (8 years ago), so it wasn't gained by the meteor strike two years ago.

* Shion can apparently create bodies. I'm also assuming he can talk telepathically with his creations. ME lets him give people pseudo immortality I guess. Like his father.

* Was it lucky coincidence, or did Shion know they were about to get attacked when he told his mom he needed to go pee?

* So, Suo is the red star. I guess we can assume Shion is the blue one. Probably safe to assume they need both for whatever plan Shion and his father seem to be attempting to implement. The whole twins thing being part of the season title and all. How it all comes together with the whole Izanagi thing is still sort of a mystery. Maybe Izanagi refers to both of them, and not just one of them? After all, I'm assuming Suo's being brought back to life by Shion wasn't for altruistic reasons, even Now the next question: when did Shion create her? If I had to guess, her creation is what he was paying his renumeration for in the beginning of the season. I wonder how many times he's had to re-create her. Mainly due to the whole meteor strike in the first episode. It would seem she died during it, which means Shion had to have created her at least twice. We also know Suo was in school long enough to make friends, which does hint at Shion's renumeration being pretty long.

* Hei putting the beatdown on Misaki...lol. Hei is such a lady's man. :/

* Was that really Yin who came out of the blue cocoon? I guess I got the impression it was whatever the Mitaki documents was warning against, the new being come forth etc. Who seems to be so bad ass it gets a moon, not a pansy star. Though I'm aware that we, the viewers, haven't actually seen Izanami meeting Izanagi...so I guess we'll just have to wait and see as to what it is exactly.

* At roughly 13 minutes into the episode, there's the series of flashbacks as Hei is interrogating Youko. One was Hei, bleeding, on the ground with Yin standing over him and her eyes red similar to a contractor's. Is this why a part of Hei wanted to kill Yin? Did she attempt to kill him? Do her tears in the previous flashbacks as she turns away from him indicate she doesn't have full control of her power, so she left him to protect him? If so, it's a tad ironic that he no longer has powers, and thus she can't use them against him. So Romeo and Juliet!

* I still think Orielle is a much younger Amber, but I guess we'll just have to see. I wonder what Orielle's game is. She seemed resigned at the appearance of the moon.

* It only now occurred to me that Amber could technically live forever. Between aging normally like any other human, and then de-aging (for lack of a better word) by use of her power, viola! Immortality. Boy, makes you wonder...just how old is/was she by the time she finally died at the end of season one? :/

* Who mutilated Youko's body? It wasn't Hei. Orielle is the first suspect, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say it was Genma, just because I have a feeling he's got his own game going on. He also didn't seem TOO put out that Hei got away from him in the previous episode. That look in his eye was...foreboding. Plus, his whole "let's be friends Misaki against our secretive employers" is just so suspect it screams hidden agenda.

* As for July and his "Keep it a secret" comment, it wasn't to the two dolls belonging to Orielle. It was to Section 3's doll network. Orielle's dolls were also asking Section 3's doll network to "keep it a secret". This is why the network seems to have so many "holes". Good to see that even the zombie-like dolls of Section 3 are capable of enough self-awareness to stick it to the man, so to speak.

Can't wait for the next episode!

Last edited by creb; 2009-12-11 at 07:55.
Old 2009-12-11, 07:12   Link #35
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Quote:
Great episode. Finally some spotlight on Mao and how he lost his body. Human Mao looks great, although I still prefer the black cat Mao. It's weird that everything's connected to the twins incident. Poor Suou. Apparently she's just a copy created by Shion and Shion looks sadistic. The father also fails into the mad scientist category now....the plot thickens. The twins. Izanagi and Izanami. Madam. Section 3. The organization etc....

Hei didnt kill Misaki, but he was totally about to shank her prone body before Suou stepped in. He went after her without the slightest bit of hesitation.

Looks like the Suou and Hei relationship is near its peak. It was an appropriate confession from someone who cant tell their own feelings.

Shion is an ass, you recreate your sister just to watch her suffer? Ass ass ass

Need more Suou fighting. If she survives the season(her psuedo confession strengthened her survivability IMO) shes going to be cool if this series goes forward.
Old 2009-12-11, 07:45   Link #36
Bordix

quick, somebody add this episode's interrogation scene in the "living the dream".gif.

but seriously, the way Youko died was so brutal. Bet Hazuki is gonna go on a killing spree.

And Yin is so the final boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyman View Post
I lol'd at "BUT, SHE GAVE ME A MEAT BUN!"

Oh, Suou. She knows the way to Hei's heart.
Old 2009-12-11, 07:49   Link #37
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Finally, This episode and the previous one have been highly enjoyable for me compared to the rest of the series mainly because of the plot details we've been getting. And now there are signs that the real sky is returning? Fantastic stuff. Seeing old Mao was a great treat as well.

Not sure if i like Yin's redesign, Too obvious.

If only the first 8 episodes weren't as mediocre as this, It would have been a much better season IMO.

Last edited by Poetic Justice; 2009-12-11 at 10:37.
Old 2009-12-11, 07:55   Link #38
g_silver
Baka Member

AweSomE!! 10/10!!! best ep so far
It's really starting to get excite!!

Now I'm in curious. who mutilated Yoko?
Hei is out of it. He's already got an answer and no way he gonna wasting time anymore

at first me too think Madame Oreille did it but Yoko already told Hei about Izanami's location and since Madame
keep close eye on Hei. He will lead her to the place eventually

did she do it in order to provoke section 3?
they relationship couldn't be any worse. they'll kill each other at the time they meet, anyway

about shion? He may know the location of suou(copy) since he made her
but hei isn't with suou at that time. he shouln't be able to find it.
at least not before sec 3 who own massive doll system

So now i think about Syndicate, which may try to get a hand on Izanami as well

Last edited by g_silver; 2009-12-11 at 08:13.
Old 2009-12-11, 08:00   Link #39
diesIupitri
Panem et circenses!~

Practically the only show I watch and this episode just makes me understand why. Btw <3 Yin with glowing hair~
Old 2009-12-11, 08:10   Link #40
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Didn't see anyone mention it, but I thought it was VERY interesting that Suou's mother knew the sky would disappear (and probably that the gate would appear) before it happened 13 years ago. Either the syndicate predicted it or the appearance of the gates is the result of their experiments; the latter is most likely IMO.
Closed Thread