AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-01, 20:44   Link #1761
Marina2

Why did Toki say it's very nice that Kuro called Richii?

That's one thing I don't quite understand. It will be bad if she stay quiet? Or She's just glad that Kuro hand will worth more??
Old 2012-07-01, 20:53   Link #1762
Candyshark

well much better than first series in terms of tension. Let's not question the logic and ask why Senriyama didn't withdraw due to health problems and just dramatictly yelled the TV screen. Aoi genki was bearable cuz it was completly overshadowed by Nonaka's "CHIIYAAAMPIYOOON"
/ears explode.
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 20:58   Link #1763
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Why did Toki say it's very nice that Kuro called Richii?

That's one thing I don't quite understand. It will be bad if she stay quiet? Or She's just glad that Kuro hand will worth more??
Just as planned... Because she has never called riichi before.(Which she keep hoarding all the dora.)

Also think of this, if Teru riichi and knew that Kuro keeps all the dora, what tile do you think will she wait on?

Loss of 1 dora + Gain of 1 han from riichi= No change. So apparently you get the same thing.

And ya, ura doras EVERYWHERE!

Teru: Why? I... Wha... Where did I make a mistake?

Last edited by Scarletknive; 2012-07-01 at 21:13.
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 21:13   Link #1764
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Yeah, I said it before, unlike Toki or Kuro, Yuuki can't change or upgrade her east boost . The only possible change she could do is to stop eating T... ugh, can't even finish that sentence. And even then, that would just make her suck throughout the whole game, so yeah, Tacos might be the definition of healthy and lively, but she's gonna end up worse than Toki.

Anyway

Spoiler for Dora flavored redemption and salute to the fallen heroine:

So, to summarize
Toki is glorious
Kirame is SUBARA
Kuro is a good girl
The only way to survive Miyanaga Teru is with a united front. Hopefully Kuro won't forget that.

And now, for the final note
Spoiler for HOLW COW:
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 21:45   Link #1765
scr
my sides are in orbit

Shizu and Ako should have been more enthusiastic in seeing Nodoka's endowment in person.

Oh, and the second season would be in what, 2 years?
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 21:51   Link #1766
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post
well much better than first series in terms of tension. Let's not question the logic and ask why Senriyama didn't withdraw due to health problems and just dramatictly yelled the TV screen. Aoi genki was bearable cuz it was completly overshadowed by Nonaka's "CHIIYAAAMPIYOOON"
/ears explode.
Well, it's not like they need Toki for the rest of the match. And if they were to advance beyond this match, the next one would be on a later day - Toki could possibly be recovered by then.

But yeah, it would seem a bit odd for Toki to be ready for the next match after being taken away in an ambulance like this. That's another reason why it's pretty obvious that Teru's school and Achiga are the ones that will be advancing out of this match.
Old 2012-07-01, 21:59   Link #1767
ion475
にこにこにー

Well, the series finished for now. As for next 3 episodes? Who knows, the anime already went ahead of the manga...

Too bad they just can't rename this Toki: Senriyama-hen. But then, neither Senriyama (outside of Toki) and Achiga has insane ability compare to the other half of the block (The side Kiyosumi is in), so either of them getting in only means they'll get murder by Teru again...

Speaking of Teru, we all know she's a tsundere, as much as she's voiced by a yandere seiyuu
Old 2012-07-01, 22:02   Link #1768
The Green One

Well if this was the end of Toki's active participation in the series, at least she got to go out with a bang. Sadly Saki season 2 is likely a long way away assuming it ever arrives seeing how long it took just a single full game to complete with those tiny chapters.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 22:49   Link #1769
orangejuicetang

As much as I like Toki who certainly deserves any and all praise headed her way after what she managed against Teru, the only thing I could think of was 'Damn, that's one evil/ominous smile she has there' after she does her triple foresight ability and gets Teru locked on course into dealing into Kuro's hand.

On the other hand, she totally deserves the right to do that evil smile, compared to all the things she's gone through.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 01:06   Link #1770
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
No, something like this:

Spoiler for Teru Fanservice!:
Y'know. The idea of Teru naked? That's a good idea.

Sorry Saki. Your sister is hotter than you.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 02:23   Link #1771
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
... Oh hey, I just realized that, from this point on, NONE of us knows what the individual abilities of team Shiraitodai are (except for the fact that they're supposed to be terrifyingly competent). It should be interesting to see if "Princess" Sumire can perpetuate the slaughter that Teru started, or will Yuu's propensity to draw red tiles skew things in their favor.
Old 2012-07-02, 02:45   Link #1772
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I just noticed that if Kuro discard her 3 pin on her first draw in this episode then she wouldn't get that aka dora in her next draw. Also, the reason why she wouldn't get uradora after riichi might be probably because she discard the dora

Anyway, when will episode 13 be aired?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 03:09   Link #1773
tsunade666

The last 3 episode airtime is unknown. It will probably be aired after a month or bundle together with the volume.
Old 2012-07-02, 03:22   Link #1774
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
... Oh hey, I just realized that, from this point on, NONE of us knows what the individual abilities of team Shiraitodai are (except for the fact that they're supposed to be terrifyingly competent). It should be interesting to see if "Princess" Sumire can perpetuate the slaughter that Teru started, or will Yuu's propensity to draw red tiles skew things in their favor.
From the analysis of the play records from Yumi:

Spoiler:
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 06:40   Link #1775
Candyshark

Quote:
Too bad they just can't rename this Toki: Senriyama-hen.
I'd rather have Teru: Shiraitodai-hen. They built her so much of a monster I'm kind of worried for Saki team. I thought that was the whole point of the season to show off Saki's sister. Besides Achiga girls kind of weak on yuri powers. So yeah, Teru'n'Toki are welcomed to second season.
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 07:00   Link #1776
OPN

F*CK YEAH KURO YOU DEFEATED THE MONSTER THAT IS MIYANAGA TERU !!!! But yeah very good episode....but man the producers of this show are cruel with that cliff hanger .
Old 2012-07-02, 07:15   Link #1777
night_sentinel

Just watched the latest episode.

Subara was Subara as always. I'm happy for her, she seemed to be finally getting her long overdue appreciation from her captain...

Toki was just heroic in this episode and she's continually making rooting for Senriyama very very easy. Beside that, I'm glad that they managed to explain why she didn't take the safe route... as the subs put it she wants to be able to take Teru down a peg or two.

Though it may not be the most tactically smart decision since this will give Achiga a very good chance to overtake Senriyama, it kinda fits Toki's character who despite having a sickly body is very aggressive and stubborn as shown in this battle. Come to think of it wasn't the reason why Toki was a third string member before she got her ability is due to her aggressiveness? She declares riichi easily perhaps every chance she can?

Despite Ryuuka being the more energetic and Toki's less than stellar health, I think Toki is the one who wears the pants in that relationship...

And the long awaited moment of Kuro finally doing something has finally arrived... which was to discard a dora. I'm glad they managed to tie this up to Kuro's inability to let go of the past. First, with her mother holding onto the memento (dora) even in desperate times. And more recently when her club members parted ways - she was shown still clinging to the past memories by maintaining their club room in the vain hope that they will return...

And now the surprising part for me was Teru.
I'm pretty shocked that she actually showed a change of expression small though it was. I think she was pretty surprised at the end she really didn't expect Kuro to discard a dora ever...

And then her noticing Toki's condition - and her voice when she said "Senriyama". Even now, I am still expecting a deeper stronger voice whenever Teru opens her mouth.... but lol ... Mai Nakahara. She's either the best miscast or its probably the effect that the director is hoping for considering Mai is known for playing Tsundere/Yandare characters with sibling issues...
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 07:33   Link #1778
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
Just watched the latest episode.

Subara was Subara as always. I'm happy for her, she seemed to be finally getting her long overdue appreciation from her captain...

Toki was just heroic in this episode and she's continually making rooting for Senriyama very very easy. Beside that, I'm glad that they managed to explain why she didn't take the safe route... as the subs put it she wants to be able to take Teru down a peg or two.

Though it may not be the most tactically smart decision since this will give Achiga a very good chance to overtake Senriyama, it kinda fits Toki's character who despite having a sickly body is very aggressive and stubborn as shown in this battle. Come to think of it wasn't the reason why Toki was a third string member before she got her ability is due to her aggressiveness? She declares riichi easily perhaps every chance she can?

Despite Ryuuka being the more energetic and Toki's less than stellar health, I think Toki is the one who wears the pants in that relationship...

And the long awaited moment of Kuro finally doing something has finally arrived... which was to discard a dora. I'm glad they managed to tie this up to Kuro's inability to let go of the past. First, with her mother holding onto the memento (dora) even in desperate times. And more recently when her club members parted ways - she was shown still clinging to the past memories by maintaining their club room in the vain hope that they will return...

And now the surprising part for me was Teru.
I'm pretty shocked that she actually showed a change of expression small though it was. I think she was pretty surprised at the end she really didn't expect Kuro to discard a dora ever...

And then her noticing Toki's condition - and her voice when she said "Senriyama". Even now, I am still expecting a deeper stronger voice whenever Teru opens her mouth.... but lol ... Mai Nakahara. She's either the best miscast or its probably the effect that the director is hoping for considering Mai is known for playing Tsundere/Yandare characters with sibling issues...
You have never seen CLANNAD before... Teru been through the same thing as Toki before she become strong.

Lets salute the Trans-am Raiser Innovator Girl who risked her life for the match. Celestial Being too... Salute! (T_T)>

When Kuro throws a dora, you know something is going on... The BGM even state so... Good for some awesome kickass moment. Can't wait for the OST... So that I can put in my EXVS game to fight final boss.
Old 2012-07-02, 07:41   Link #1779
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I really can't say I completely enjoyed Achiga-hen from start to finish.
Really, while things were a tad more tense than the first series with Teru's rampage, I felt the pacing and all -way- more awkward, due to the pattern of the series putting flashbacks during points that literally break the momentums (particularly Toki's). While the first series was a tad slow in building tension, it could make up for it with ridiculously overdone dramatic effects on the skirmishes and all, while in Achiga, you barely see things going on (the first half of the series barely had any mahjong matches, and you have just clipshot of girls having tile in their hands, instead of short sequences of what they are dealing etc). Heck, besides Teru's match, you really have way too few match perspective, along with discard pool etc.

Of coure, Saki in general wasn't really a real mahjong series (the likes of Akagi), a bit how K-on is to music, but the first series actually had a more balanced content between characters, fanservice and actual mahjong, compared to Achiga.

A last thing that I also found awkward was how little you know about the Achiga girls. Besides Kuro and her sister abilities and all, we hardly know a thing about Shizu, Ako and Arata playing style (save Shizu being just... stubborn, Ako having a quick calling sense (with very little exposure about that) and Arata being an enigma, save "weird" discards).
Hell, Kuro was dominating Achiga's screentime to the point it was shoehorned, and I can't exactly feel satisfied that she had to be "babysit" by Toki and Kirame during this match to finally shine (whereas if it wasn't for Teru domination requiring everyone cooperation, she would be just the lamb to slaughter).

Really, at this point, I admit guilty for enjoying more Teru's carnage than anything else during the series, considering how awkward the other characters felt in contrast to the first series.
Old 2012-07-02, 07:55   Link #1780
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
while in Achiga, you barely see things going on (the first half of the series barely had any mahjong matches, and you have just clipshot of girls having tile in their hands, instead of short sequences of what they are dealing etc). Heck, besides Teru's match, you really have way too few match perspective, along with discard pool etc.
Actually i liked the matches in Achiga more than the previous serie. Eventhough there were less matches, some of the matches that are shown were more focused on the playing. Not just Teru's match but also in the case of Shizuno's match tthat she won with a Yamagoshi or Yuu's playing style that revolves around red tiles.

Also because the people in this serie have less over the top powers (well minus Toki and Teru) you can actually see how the matches are played instead of Kan, Kan, Rinshan Kaihou ,win (slightly exaggerated)
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri