AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

View Poll Results: Psycho-Pass - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 25 37.31%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 31.34%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 20.90%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 5.97%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.49%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.49%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.49%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-01, 09:12   Link #61
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
This anime brings out the fears in me.... the bodies.. ewww... I never felt scared for an anime.. If this'll be made into live action... I'll faint...
Old 2012-12-01, 10:03   Link #62
klare

the artist is dead, a hunter is being introduced, and Kougami is being targeted as the next entertainer
Old 2012-12-01, 10:07   Link #63
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
This anime brings out the fears in me.... the bodies.. ewww... I never felt scared for an anime.. If this'll be made into live action... I'll faint...
If it was made into a live-action (regardless of being Japanese or American), I'm sure I will be scared, but since I was calmly shocked with disturbing imagery in this anime, I don't doubt much. Some people even stated that it has strong Monster vibes.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-12-01, 13:13   Link #64
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

It feels like the only people in the police department who can solve crimes is the old man and Kogami...
Old 2012-12-01, 15:46   Link #65
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
3. The principal trying to stop Kogami because "she is still a minor" was weird. The principal should know that the Dominator's judgment is absolute. I can only chalk it up to the principal being worried about having one of his student "dominated" in school.
One more thing to remember is that only the person holding the Dominator can hear that directed voice informing them of the target's CC and the mode that it is put into as a result. All the principal would have seen is an Enforcer pointing a gun at a student for (apparently) no good reason.

As others have noted previously: Akane's lack of knowledge of how the Dominator works really demonstrates how little the average person knows about the police and criminal system. How the principal reacted here is completely in alignment with that.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2012-12-01, 15:52   Link #66
Awrya
U mad?

So this arc ends as well.
One thing that bugged me was how she tried to frantically escape, but regained her herself right before she was killed, otherwise nice episode.

I wonder if Makishima will support more criminals and pit them against Kogami to 'play' with him, I can't see him approach Kogami in person (yet).
Old 2012-12-01, 16:12   Link #67
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
1. The existence of a prison for high-PP criminals doesn't make sense in this setting. If these people are judged irredeemable by Sibyl, they should be executed (enforcers are an exception because they are still useful to the society).
They know too much..

Quote:
4. .... He could have let the police slaughter Rikako instead of helping her escape, only to kill her later. And the Titus Andronicus quotes went on for too long.
She knows too much....
Old 2012-12-01, 20:55   Link #68
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Another question to ask would be this:

Do people like this exist precisely because the Sibyl System created them? Because from what I see Makishima is intentionally looking for people who are aware of of Sibyl's dominance yet seek to break the metaphorical chains binding them from their... "potentials".

I use the word potential, and not criminal capacity, because he now seems to find Kogami a curiosity. It seems that criminal capability is not his main criteria for choosing. He is looking for people who stand unique, and probably apart, from the rest of the people zombified by Sibyl, whether it's in criminal activities or not. People who have the capacity to rebel from the system in one way or another, to make something of themselves apart from the "mindless and mediocre masses" who live under the system.

So, essentially, an Ubermensch concept.
He's not wrong anyway....yeah Makishima is a bastard but in a society that is cancerous and dying, he's just another tumor that naturally forms.

I find it more amusing if the heads of the enforcement agency and the creators and establishers of Sibyl were publicly Dominated in explosive fashion. If Gen does that in the finale, maybe it'll serve as the final irony in this whole thing
Old 2012-12-02, 03:46   Link #69
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

I can only imagine what the old hunter's crime coefficient is.

Rikako had it coming, but geez was it brutal.
Old 2012-12-02, 03:54   Link #70
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Eh. He'll get his. He believes he's a player, but so did all the other suckers.
Old 2012-12-02, 06:05   Link #71
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
I can only imagine what the old hunter's crime coefficient is.

Rikako had it coming, but geez was it brutal.
Rikako's head is shotgun proof .__.

What kind of head is simply knocked off its neck but not pulped by a shotgun
Old 2012-12-02, 06:18   Link #72
Pacify

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post

Indeed that's a good question. Normal heads don't survive intact after being shot at point blank range by a 12 gauge shotgun

Its clear the Kogami is a brilliant detective, but seriously needs to work on his people and communication skills >_>. Losing a suspect because you charge off by yourself is rather sad lol. In fact he should of call ahead to have the entire area sealed off, and the suspect restrained for questioning. Seems like a some pretty elementary derping for these supposed pro's.

All in all tho, another awesome episode
Old 2012-12-02, 09:04   Link #73
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post

The type of head in a show that wants to be aired on TV and survive overseas with a rating of TVMA.
Old 2012-12-02, 12:08   Link #74
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

This is one of those incredibly sublime and brilliant series where it's extremely difficult for me to talk about because I don't even know where to begin. This may be a bit redundant but let me chime in with the rest and say this episode was awesome. That's all I can say really...
Old 2012-12-02, 13:01   Link #75
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
The type of head in a show that wants to be aired on TV and survive overseas with a rating of TVMA.
Meanwhile....more people have been mercilessly Dominated, leaving far more mess than any shotgun wwww

But wait....Sibyl says that's good for society so it's OK *insert retarded police PR bot smiley here*
Old 2012-12-02, 17:14   Link #76
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Re: Criminals who haven't been asploded?

The dominator isn't ALWAYS set to kill. Just criminals with absurdly high CC ratings, criminals for whom the paralysis shot does not work, or criminals who represent an immediate threat to themselves or others.

The ones who are in detention are probably ones who did not fall into any of the above categories.
Old 2012-12-02, 18:11   Link #77
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
10/10. I enjoyed this episode immensely.
Old 2012-12-02, 18:58   Link #78
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Re: Criminals who haven't been asploded?

The dominator isn't ALWAYS set to kill. Just criminals with absurdly high CC ratings, criminals for whom the paralysis shot does not work, or criminals who represent an immediate threat to themselves or others.

The ones who are in detention are probably ones who did not fall into any of the above categories.
The ones in the jail ARE absurdly high CC cases. All 300+
Old 2012-12-02, 20:35   Link #79
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

I just saw the episode, this girl Rikako I was almost sorry for it (or not) haha and Yayoi had more speaking time than usual yes \(*O*)/

and I do not know if the other were also observed but the man in the prison that is Kougami to see it as the man with all these tattoos and therefore resembles a Skeleton. I immediately thought of him

Spoiler for :):

Last edited by Chiaki_chan; 2012-12-02 at 22:50.
Old 2012-12-03, 02:17   Link #80
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
"Do you yourself realize how you came to disappoint me?" I've been saying that quite a bit lately to things that fail to amuse me.

It's interesting in how art is controlled in this world. But then again we live in a world that makes thought crime a reality.

I really like how the theme of taking ideas and replicating them without any sense of originality or individuality seems to be recurring. The tension this episode was nice, with the inevitable outcome of Rikako but it was played out perfectly to maximize the suffering and also the douchebaggery of her former benefactor.

Also, this shit should happen more to smug, psychopathic, and annoying characters. Naturally I enjoyed every moment.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Closed Thread

Tags
ep 8, psycho-pass