AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2013-02-02, 15:38   Link #2281
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Shinsui once implied that he was stronger than Hitsugaya and Soifong when fighting Starrk.
He was saying Hitsugaya could surpass him in something like 100 years.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 18:25   Link #2282
saravis

Being Kenpachi could be more referring to strength of the individual and not overall strength; excluding the powers of the zanpakuto. When everyone else needs to fight harder they use some sort of ugprade, when Kenpachi needs to fight harder he uses his other hand. This would also fit in with Unahona being Kenpachi, her zanpakuto is a healing type, so her combat abilities had to come from herself.
Old 2013-02-02, 23:13   Link #2283
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

kenny now is a super saiyan

Quote:
"But you know us Saiyans, we got stronger every time we almost die."

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Chiisai Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 20:02   Link #2284
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I"m quite enjoying Uno and Kenny's sexy time....but I know Kubo will shit all over this just as he's shit all over everything else in this manga.

I refuse to take this seriously though, because we all know in the end Kubo will have Ichigo(i.e the shinigami) succeed while everyone else gets cut down.

And yes, I"m including the Fab Five RG...because it's Kubo.

And to whomever said that this arc is making the shinigami look pathetic: PREACH. I can excuse Renji because he's never been that smart anyway but giving smarter ones like Byakuya and Urahara a case of the stoopids has just made me despise Kubo even more.

ANd never in all of my years of manga reading have I ever, EVER come across a series that just destroys its heroine like Kubo has destroyed Rukia.
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 21:39   Link #2285
sayde

Really? Because I'd argue Kishimoto destroyed his main heroine in Naruto far more so than Kubo destroyed Rukia.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 02:21   Link #2286
itachi-san314

rukia was the damsel in distress who then became an irrelevant buddy character. she was never a heroine in the story
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 14:10   Link #2287
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Really? Because I'd argue Kishimoto destroyed his main heroine in Naruto far more so than Kubo destroyed Rukia.
See, I only read Naruto on occasion. Though, Kishi pretty much is a worse writer than Kubo.

I admit, I'm also a little bitter because Rukia's what got me into Bleach because she was such a tiny badass. Now to see her reduced to fodder hurts bad.
Old 2013-02-04, 14:35   Link #2288
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
Though, Kishi pretty much is a worse writer than Kubo.
IMHO Kishi is a way way better writer. The only iffy parts in Naruto are Sasuke related and it's more to do with how he made him a second main character and kinda didn't. If the series wasn't called "Naruto" that probably wouldn't have raised any eyebrows though. On the other hand Kubo fails to kill anyone, injected tons of filler and filler characters and even a filler arc into his manga, has some very cop out villains, fails to control the power levels of his characters, is consistently violating the world and rules he's laid down.

Essentially Bleach is a series with complexity the size of an ocean and depth the size of a puddle, and Naruto is a series with complexity the size of a puddle (war, ninjas and bonds) and depth the size of an ocean. Depends on peoples tastes, but most of the time you want higher depth to complexity ratio.

That said, both series have been pretty decent lately.
Old 2013-02-04, 16:36   Link #2289
Aqua Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
IMHO Kishi is a way way better writer. The only iffy parts in Naruto are Sasuke related and it's more to do with how he made him a second main character and kinda didn't. If the series wasn't called "Naruto" that probably wouldn't have raised any eyebrows though. On the other hand Kubo fails to kill anyone, injected tons of filler and filler characters and even a filler arc into his manga, has some very cop out villains, fails to control the power levels of his characters, is consistently violating the world and rules he's laid down.

Essentially Bleach is a series with complexity the size of an ocean and depth the size of a puddle, and Naruto is a series with complexity the size of a puddle (war, ninjas and bonds) and depth the size of an ocean. Depends on peoples tastes, but most of the time you want higher depth to complexity ratio.

That said, both series have been pretty decent lately.
Agreed, at least Kishi tries to tie the plot paths together without leaving/forgetting obvious plot holes.
Old 2013-02-04, 17:15   Link #2290
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Honestly I've never found Naruto or One Piece all that interesting. *gasp, blasphemy, burn the heretic!* The writing is okay, but they never had a hook that got me caught up in the story. But I won't defend Bleach much in the subject of writing either. It's pretty terrible from a competency (and consistency) standpoint. Felix's water analogy is pretty spot on.

But what Bleach does have that keeps me coming back are interesting characters and settings, combined with funky design. Even the third string characters have interesting designs and (usually) quirky personalities. While this almost never translated into a compelling character story, it always made me wonder what the next team of bad/good guys Kubo would come up with next. That was part of the appeal of Zero Squad, for me at least. I already knew they were hella strong....but the outrageous designs were worth waiting for.

I always wondered what Bleach would have been like had it not been a shounen battle story. It almost feels like the imagination Kubo has for the characters and setting are wasted on a plot best summed up as "my dick is bigger than yours".

If you took Kubo's imagination and art, and paired it with a solid writer, I bet you'd have a great story. Oh, and I wouldn't mind it being monthly. Kubo's work always seem to benefit when he actually has time to draw panels. ><
Old 2013-02-04, 20:45   Link #2291
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

About the panels I've heard that he often doesn't draw backgrounds to focus on characters' introductions just like when Hinamori saw Aizen after she believed he was dead. However, it's during mid Arrancar that I noted he was getting lazy especially considering Hueco Mundo's design. In the Fullbring arc was more obvious.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 10:20   Link #2292
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
I disagree, i think both series started out great but then went haywire halfway through the story. You kinda get the sense that neither of them really expected to keep their jobs for so long when they stard out, and thus reched a point where they had absolutely no ideia what to write next. Kishimoto also has major problems controling his charcters power levels, I'd say even more so than Bleach. And by now i think he has violated every single rule he's ever laid out, it's like part 1 and part 2 were written by two different authors who hate each other. Honestly both series should have ended 2 or 3 years ago.
Old 2013-02-05, 10:56   Link #2293
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Is the newest chapter coming out today or what?
Old 2013-02-05, 11:12   Link #2294
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Kubo caught the flu so no chapter this week.
Old 2013-02-05, 11:35   Link #2295
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
No new chapter this week. :[[[
Old 2013-02-05, 21:08   Link #2296
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
I disagree, i think both series started out great but then went haywire halfway through the story. You kinda get the sense that neither of them really expected to keep their jobs for so long when they stard out, and thus reched a point where they had absolutely no ideia what to write next. Kishimoto also has major problems controling his charcters power levels, I'd say even more so than Bleach. And by now i think he has violated every single rule he's ever laid out, it's like part 1 and part 2 were written by two different authors who hate each other. Honestly both series should have ended 2 or 3 years ago.
Naruto is more of Gary Stu then Ichigo is.

Kubo must be thinking of ways to troll us :P

Last edited by GDiddy; 2013-02-05 at 21:25.
Old 2013-02-05, 23:04   Link #2297
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post

Kubo must be thinking of ways to troll us :P
Dude, even more?! Lets see maybe all this arc is an illusion created by Aizen in which Juha was modelled after Zangetsu as a means to challenge Ichigo. Then Ichigo awakes another new power or something like that.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 05:03   Link #2298
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Dude, even more?! Lets see maybe all this arc is an illusion created by Aizen in which Juha was modelled after Zangetsu as a means to challenge Ichigo. Then Ichigo awakes another new power or something like that.
I vote eye lasers. And crotch rockets.

the motorcycle, silly people. He needs a sweet ride.
Old 2013-02-06, 16:25   Link #2299
Kayin
s c a r l e t
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Kayin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
No new chapter this week. :[[[
Apparently he's sick with the flu.

Dunno about the rest of you, but he seems to get sick fairly often.
Old 2013-02-06, 18:48   Link #2300
Eragon
Still Alive

He just got married, let him enjoy a bit

Tags
bleach, chapter