AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-05-30, 22:00   Link #721
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Both BT and Fane have several bind on pickup items. The Sleeper stuff is bind in equip though.
Old 2012-05-31, 05:04   Link #722
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Well I was thinking of more like BoP stuff that is still enigmatic. Else it wouldn't exceed others in power when enchanted.. you know?

I've soloed GL few times now at max level since some of the gear sells still for quite some and runs only take 15-ish minutes. And I keep getting alot of bop items that are enigmatic .. So annoying :x

Also all the open world dungeons like Ascent of Saravash and Suryati's Peak seem to have only? BOP items that are also really good. If they weren't, you wouldn't see near level 60 lancers running around with level 50 lance .. (That lance from the level 50-ish open world instance has larger damage absorption than sleeper lance and since enchanting doesn't increase dmg absorb ..)
Old 2012-05-31, 05:33   Link #723
Z I O
Keru

This Game is beyond awesomeness ^_^
i gotta play someday

Z I O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 05:41   Link #724
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Well I was thinking of more like BoP stuff that is still enigmatic. Else it wouldn't exceed others in power when enchanted.. you know?

I've soloed GL few times now at max level since some of the gear sells still for quite some and runs only take 15-ish minutes. And I keep getting alot of bop items that are enigmatic .. So annoying :x

Also all the open world dungeons like Ascent of Saravash and Suryati's Peak seem to have only? BOP items that are also really good. If they weren't, you wouldn't see near level 60 lancers running around with level 50 lance .. (That lance from the level 50-ish open world instance has larger damage absorption than sleeper lance and since enchanting doesn't increase dmg absorb ..)
The Mystic scepter from Sigil Adstringo is pretty much the best scepter they get until the BT Sleeper weapon.
Old 2012-05-31, 06:09   Link #725
Westlo
Lets be reality

My bad, in a game where 99.9% of the items aren't bop lol @ whining about gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
How's that even related? It's still more team dependent .. If you don't understand this, you don't have a warrior at maximum level. Warrior tanking may be buffed but the fact is still that warriors cant block ;
Funnily enough Warriors can block in Queen of Argon Pt 2.

https://forum.tera-europe.com/showthread.php?t=97015
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 06:31   Link #726
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

If you can't buy it, the fact that it's bind on equip doesn't matter. I've got the gold, I could buy the Sleeper disc if it would actually show up in the AH. It doesn't.

And I'm not complaining about gear, other than the fact that it's lazy game design to make gear make such a massive difference. It's also lazy game design to implement gear checks.
Old 2012-05-31, 08:25   Link #727
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
If you can't buy it, the fact that it's bind on equip doesn't matter. I've got the gold, I could buy the Sleeper disc if it would actually show up in the AH. It doesn't.

And I'm not complaining about gear, other than the fact that it's lazy game design to make gear make such a massive difference. It's also lazy game design to implement gear checks.
Plenty of Disc on VoT for sale.

Now...sorry, I misunderstood your meaning of gear check, I don't consider a boss that can be down with gear handouts from soloable quests (full gold 59 quest gear) a gear check. Unless you grind BAMs from 58-60 and did no quests in the three tower area or if you purposely refuse to wear the gear given to you from soloable quests, there's no way you can fail this so-called 'BT gear check'. Again we have 2 groups in guild that did this with lv59 quest gear, gear given for free from quests, and only sorc in my group had a fane weapon drop (not sure what dropped for other group in fane).

A gear check to me would be HM Fane first boss, 4 towers and that's it. The time between aoe of death is also shorter. That's a gear check, if you don't have competent DPS with at least +7 weapons, you WILL fail. HM however, is an optional part of the game, not required for casual gamers, so it makes sense it has a gear check.

If you and your group purposely gimp yourself with lower gear and can't finish BT as a result, then blame it on the boss being a gear check, I got nothing. That's like taking the lv7 Cloud challenge in FF7 then saying the game's too difficult as an RPG.
Old 2012-05-31, 23:11   Link #728
Dist

Of course there is plenty of weapons on sale for VoT ; It's the most popular server on game. Syn however, plays on Celestial Hills. There are not THAT many RP'ers that their numbers would exceed VoT .. Not even close, so obviously there are also less items available on the market.
Old 2012-06-01, 05:23   Link #729
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

And my argument is also much more meta than he's understanding. Gear checks are lazy game design period, no matter what game they're implemented in. It's an easy way for devs to avoid doing the difficult programming necessary for complex scripted encounters and smart enemy AI.
Old 2012-06-01, 06:29   Link #730
Dist

However, if it is as he has said, then there does not exist anything called '' gear check '' in this game. If a level 59 quest gear you WILL get unless you totally and completely skip all story quests (which is your fault) will allow you to clear BT, then how is it a gear check? It's your basic equipment you'd have. It's your fault for not equipping and making use of it.

BT aside there isn't any other instance with dps race either.. Sure, crappy weapons will take longer to kill stuff but it ain't gear check ..
Old 2012-06-01, 06:59   Link #731
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

It's not, I've done the fight, with everybody wearing the level 59 quest reward gear and some people wearing the slightly better stuff that drops from Fane. The fight is always close as hell, with enrage blowing up on us around 1-2%. We don't know what else we can do right. It's flawless until the last moment and then it just fails. How the hell more perfect can we be? Or is it just that the fight isn't doable with a warrior as one of the DPS?

Auricadis is not a complex fight. There's not a lot of positional management or timing or anything. It charges up its lazer, knock it over with a cannon, use a mirror when someone goes blind. It's a lot simpler than Kappy in terms of moveset and coordination required. The problem is that 30-0% damagefest that is obviously doable with the 59 quest gear (else otherwise how would people have completed it at all) but it's so absurdly close that it leaves absolutely no room for error. It's Fake Difficulty, the kind of crap that makes you scream at your screen and throw your controller across the room.

It's not the kind of difficulty that pushes you to do "just one more attempt." It's ragequit fuel, pure and simple, especially when your group repeatedly hits enrage at 1-2%, consistently and with otherwise flawless performance.

Last edited by synaesthetic; 2012-06-01 at 08:27.
synaesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 16:18   Link #732
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Quote:
It's not, I've done the fight, with everybody wearing the level 59 quest reward gear and some people wearing the slightly better stuff that drops from Fane. The fight is always close as hell, with enrage blowing up on us around 1-2%. We don't know what else we can do right. It's flawless until the last moment and then it just fails. How the hell more perfect can we be? Or is it just that the fight isn't doable with a warrior as one of the DPS?

Auricadis is not a complex fight. There's not a lot of positional management or timing or anything. It charges up its lazer, knock it over with a cannon, use a mirror when someone goes blind. It's a lot simpler than Kappy in terms of moveset and coordination required. The problem is that 30-0% damagefest that is obviously doable with the 59 quest gear (else otherwise how would people have completed it at all) but it's so absurdly close that it leaves absolutely no room for error. It's Fake Difficulty, the kind of crap that makes you scream at your screen and throw your controller across the room.

It's not the kind of difficulty that pushes you to do "just one more attempt." It's ragequit fuel, pure and simple, especially when your group repeatedly hits enrage at 1-2%, consistently and with otherwise flawless performance.
Are you guys using the cannon properly? Because if you are using lv59 quest gear, you have to use the cannon properly to make it.

1. Use scrolls, scrolls helps a ton (we actually did it without, but that's because from our fails we knew exactly how to use cannon to near perfection) with quest gear.

2. Do not, i repeat, do not wait for the shield to go up before shooting him with cannon @ around 30%. You want the cannon to inflict the max damage onto it to bring it to dps race, without the shield the boss takes 300-400k dmg from a cannon shot, and 60k with the shield on, huge difference in starting % in dps race.

Here's how the last few % before dps race should go down:

1. bring it to around 32%, slow dps till he pops shield.

2. pop a cannon on him, then dps him down to 30.1% before cannon reloads (around 30sec)

3. Shoot the cannon again before he puts shield back up, make sure the tank keep the boss still so the cannon shot doesn't miss.

4. Start DPS race with 300k dmg right off the bat.

Other than that, use scrolls, proper crystals, and quest gear team can do this guy with time to spare (not much, but time to spare).
Old 2012-06-01, 17:49   Link #733
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thany View Post
Yeh but you gotta remember at least about it. If they get difficult you can always threaten to chargeback.
And EME is far to be a "responsive company", you are just being too nice to them.
In fairness to your "I am being too nice to them" point, they do seem to be experiencing some rather significant billing issues right now, as a number of people (including myself) were locked out of the game for a while with expired subscriptions rather than having it automatically renew as planned. They have been giving three-day extensions to affected people (in my case I didn't have to ask; they just auto-fixed it), but they have been a bit slow to explain the problem and give clear guidance as to the solution. So... on the one hand this supports my original point that the issue experienced by Mr Hat and Clogs is likely more of a bug than a case of malice... but having these sorts of bugs at this juncture (after having similar issues at launch, and knowing that this day was coming for 30 days...) isn't very positive. The support queues at the moment are rather long as a result. I'm not sure if this speaks to their "responsiveness" exactly... but their internal systems seem to have been a bit insufficiently prepared (granted that this is their first game launch as a company).

As usual with games these days, though, people who want a bug-free experience typically should wait a while for the bugs to be worked out. So I'm not exactly surprised, even if it's unfortunate.
Old 2012-06-05, 03:40   Link #734
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Wiped on Ebon Tower twice before being able to beat the final boss on the third try. (First time = ~12-15%, 2nd try = 4%, 3rd try killed him with only 1 death)

Nothing you can do except roll over and die when the boss pins you to the corner and drops a poison DoT aura enemy underneath him, and because of that you can't use any escape moves to avoid it (the boss is too big to use the Lancer's charge move to fully move past, and the boss also has a poison attack that deals X% of your life per second and according to our Priest wasn't dispellable.

On the bright side, I am now level 59 ~_~
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 05:00   Link #735
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Finally managed to kill Auricadis, but only after changing the strategy and making damn sure the cannon didn't fire until the thing was within a micron of 30% life. We're managing to get it done with about forty-five seconds or so to spare, so I'm going to retract previous statements I made about this boss.

It's still a gear check (which is still lazy game design), but an easy one to meet, so I'll complain less about it. It's also something of an idiot check, because only after getting a dedicated group of people who are skilled and also not idiots, the boss goes down flawlessly just about every time. As opposed to just pulling in any random geared players I could find.

So far we've knocked him dead three times, but only once did we get a Sleeper drop--which fortunately for me was the disc. I've completely acquired the entire Sleeper set now... all that's left to do is +9 it. Ugh.

Last edited by synaesthetic; 2012-06-05 at 06:07.
synaesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 08:23   Link #736
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
In fairness to your "I am being too nice to them" point, they do seem to be experiencing some rather significant billing issues right now, as a number of people (including myself) were locked out of the game for a while with expired subscriptions rather than having it automatically renew as planned. They have been giving three-day extensions to affected people (in my case I didn't have to ask; they just auto-fixed it), but they have been a bit slow to explain the problem and give clear guidance as to the solution. So... on the one hand this supports my original point that the issue experienced by Mr Hat and Clogs is likely more of a bug than a case of malice... but having these sorts of bugs at this juncture (after having similar issues at launch, and knowing that this day was coming for 30 days...) isn't very positive. The support queues at the moment are rather long as a result. I'm not sure if this speaks to their "responsiveness" exactly... but their internal systems seem to have been a bit insufficiently prepared (granted that this is their first game launch as a company).

As usual with games these days, though, people who want a bug-free experience typically should wait a while for the bugs to be worked out. So I'm not exactly surprised, even if it's unfortunate.
Well, got a response after a day or so. They refunded me my money which was good. So at least they are considerate of these issues compared to other companies that I've heard about.

But yeah I figured it would have been a bug rather than them just being all greedy.

Their policy states that they don't actually give refunds for subscriptions too, but I'm guessing the canceling and still getting charged thing is a bit of an extenuating circumstance.

Hopefully I can play again when I have more money.

Last edited by Mr Hat and Clogs; 2012-06-06 at 10:24.
Mr Hat and Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 14:58   Link #737
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Quote:
Finally managed to kill Auricadis, but only after changing the strategy and making damn sure the cannon didn't fire until the thing was within a micron of 30% life. We're managing to get it done with about forty-five seconds or so to spare, so I'm going to retract previous statements I made about this boss.

It's still a gear check (which is still lazy game design), but an easy one to meet, so I'll complain less about it. It's also something of an idiot check, because only after getting a dedicated group of people who are skilled and also not idiots, the boss goes down flawlessly just about every time. As opposed to just pulling in any random geared players I could find.

So far we've knocked him dead three times, but only once did we get a Sleeper drop--which fortunately for me was the disc. I've completely acquired the entire Sleeper set now... all that's left to do is +9 it. Ugh.
Congratz!

Both fane and BT have a relatively high skillcap compared to the rest of the game. It gets even worse in HM, where one miss dodge/block = death (unless you are really well-geared). This game isn't casual friendly, not one bit, take a look @ endgame gear grind and HMs and you'll see why, anyone who told u differently are idiots.
Old 2012-06-05, 16:37   Link #738
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Yeah, unfortunately, I still need to kill Kelsaik, but the fight is bullshit.

Not because it's hard or complex--I actually like the mechanics of the fight, I think it was really creatively designed--but because it doesn't drop anything worthwhile. Because of that, I can never find people willing to go. Even some of my more serious raid-veteran friends who did crazy shit in other MMOs just say "Kelsaik is broken, not doing till EME fixes."

It's annoying, even though I'm aware that yes the fight is broken because heh, no way is that doable by a group of level 59 characters with ET/LoT drops (since it was added before the new stuff) unless the group is absurdly insanely practiced at it. I really don't have the patience myself to wipe on a difficult boss that drops nothing useful. There just comes a point when the risk vs. reward doesn't match up.
Old 2012-06-06, 08:10   Link #739
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Quote:
Yeah, unfortunately, I still need to kill Kelsaik, but the fight is bullshit.

Not because it's hard or complex--I actually like the mechanics of the fight, I think it was really creatively designed--but because it doesn't drop anything worthwhile. Because of that, I can never find people willing to go. Even some of my more serious raid-veteran friends who did crazy shit in other MMOs just say "Kelsaik is broken, not doing till EME fixes."

It's annoying, even though I'm aware that yes the fight is broken because heh, no way is that doable by a group of level 59 characters with ET/LoT drops (since it was added before the new stuff) unless the group is absurdly insanely practiced at it. I really don't have the patience myself to wipe on a difficult boss that drops nothing useful. There just comes a point when the risk vs. reward doesn't match up.

Actually...Kelsaik Nest drops rank2 T12 PvP gear, with top being Nexus T12. I guess that matters less on a RP server, though.

Anyways, here's another GvG video from my guild, enjoy~

http://www.youtube.com/user/TeraTako?feature=guide
Old 2012-06-06, 16:37   Link #740
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Yeah, things get even less PvP-friendly on an RP server. People may turn up their nose a bit at the idea of player-vs-player on a PvE server, but they downright "harumph" at the suggestion on an RP server.

For us, the main thing that matters is story, our characters and their interactions~