AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2009-04-27, 10:32   Link #201
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
Law's ability is insane. How the heck is anyone supposed to stop him? If Luffy went against Law right now, I don't think Luffy can win.
This is where Robin shines through man...

I mean really, how good is a technique that removes body parts from someone who can simply grow more of them?

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"We were all meant to shine as children do.

"It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-27, 18:04   Link #202
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNhite View Post
This is where Robin shines through man...

I mean really, how good is a technique that removes body parts from someone who can simply grow more of them?
I bet he can't cut logia as Robin can't fight them neighter (back vsEnel).
Old 2009-04-27, 19:56   Link #203
Kona
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
You have a point there. I guess we could conclude that he sensed her about to shoot someone and knocked her out behind the wall, if we assume that he was the one that used haki. Otherwise, it was Luffy's burst of desire and need at that point that knocked her out. If Rayleigh just busted through the wall and cause her to be knocked out, then why didn't Camie get knocked out as well?

As for the pirate symbol on the wall, it apparently is from Donflamingo, from this current episode.

Law's ability is insane. How the heck is anyone supposed to stop him? If Luffy went against Law right now, I don't think Luffy can win.
I think buggy would be laws worst nightmare.
Kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 08:10   Link #204
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
I bet he can't cut logia as Robin can't fight them neighter (back vsEnel).
Replaces Eneru's skin with rubber... alright, I'll shut up now.

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"We were all meant to shine as children do.

"It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 05:07   Link #205
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNhite View Post
Replaces Eneru's skin with rubber... alright, I'll shut up now.
Like a logia user could be cut or someone could force him to stay solid after being glued to someone else.
Old 2009-04-29, 17:34   Link #206
idont

so how many episodes do you guys think this arc is going to be?
idont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 17:55   Link #207
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by idont View Post
so how many episodes do you guys think this arc is going to be?
At the current pace (1 chapter = 1 episode), this arc should be done in about 9 episodes.
Old 2009-04-29, 19:12   Link #208
Azncoke123

^ Don't you post in the manga thread? You should know whats going to happen next....
I just hope during the fighting parts of this arc they go 1.5/2 chapter a episode or else it's going to be quite slow.
Azncoke123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-01, 10:33   Link #209
seiji_kun

While I'm loving the arc cause it's just to sweet. I wonder did anyone else feel the anime did one hell of a poor job with the Luffy / Kidd / Law stand off? Imo Oda actually showed how they owned in the manga bye not making them move one step and that they were quite equal. And here the anime just added some filler fighting crap where he gathers the bombs and saves Kidd & Law and a gigant whip or what it was again? That was a true /facepalm moment imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the small one
Though technically there seems to be some kind of plot hole: How could Rayleigh even knock her out, without knowing what's going on in the front? Since it was only her who passed out, it must have been a burst which was targetted specifically for her, like the slave trader before.
I'm under that impression to, just like he targetted everybody besides the strawhats afterwards. Cause tbh, I just can't see Usopp / Chopper / Nami taking it without passing out when even Law's third man(?) felt it. It could be that I just think to lowly of Usopp / Chopper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azncoke123 View Post
^ Don't you post in the manga thread? You should know whats going to happen next....
I just hope during the fighting parts of this arc they go 1.5/2 chapter a episode or else it's going to be quite slow.
Those anime producers have to be quite happy that they got so much material in one chapter. How much chapters do Naruto / Bleach need to fill one episode? At least to make a decent one. Even made me give up on watching Bleach. I do watch Naruto still but those fillers are mindraping.
Old 2009-05-01, 11:04   Link #210
shankss
CP10

Quote:
While I'm loving the arc cause it's just to sweet. I wonder did anyone else feel the anime did one hell of a poor job with the Luffy / Kidd / Law stand off? Imo Oda actually showed how they owned in the manga bye not making them move one step and that they were quite equal. And here the anime just added some filler fighting crap where he gathers the bombs and saves Kidd & Law and a gigant whip or what it was again? That was a true /facepalm moment imo.
Yes that was pretty pathetic.Im just glad that there are some kinda magnetic lightings popped out of Kidd's hand.It is now officially magnet magnet devil fruit.
shankss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-03, 03:46   Link #211
Petbe
Wingless Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
I would have to agree with this. I mean the previous episode seemed so bad ass, the quality even felt better. It all seemed fine and I thought it was funny how thet were arguing which of them would deal with the marines, but I was disappointed. I mean we all know how strong Luffy has become, and Law/Kid are exceptionally strong too, but even though they had no trouble dealing with the marines, they just did not seem as strong as they could be. I might have to look into the manga (for first time) just to see the sheer difference.
Old 2009-05-03, 12:06   Link #212
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

399 has got Bepo action which makes it instant win!!!

Law's sword is huge!

Kuma returns!

not long for some Admiral action!!!!!
Old 2009-05-04, 05:41   Link #213
shankss
CP10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
not long for some Admiral action!!!!!
Finally...One more eposide left...I've been waiting for this moment for months

edit : After watching it more carefully I came to conclusion that Robin should have the highest bounty ever.She is just breaking and twisting everyone to death 24/7 and people say there are no deaths in one piece.Nearly in every eposide Robin breaks someones back lol

Last edited by shankss; 2009-05-04 at 09:06.
shankss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-04, 21:29   Link #214
Tommy
Mr. Prince

The last two episodes have been a bit underwhelming IMO.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 02:41   Link #215
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

The hype from tenryuubito punch is slowly going off and new eposides are nothing great even thou the storylines capacity.Considering the anime teams laziness, next eposide will be filled with 10-15 minutes of Roger flashbacks from previous eposides.But on the other hand admiral's about to land, that should make things interesting.Just hope that they wont ruin the mans awesomeness with crap background music

also notice another great former bgm's revamp at Kuma scene XD guess it was from that LuffyxLucci filler fight back there.
Old 2009-05-05, 13:10   Link #216
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
The hype from tenryuubito punch is slowly going off and new eposides are nothing great even thou the storylines capacity.Considering the anime teams laziness, next eposide will be filled with 10-15 minutes of Roger flashbacks from previous eposides.But on the other hand admiral's about to land, that should make things interesting.Just hope that they wont ruin the mans awesomeness with crap background music

also notice another great former bgm's revamp at Kuma scene XD guess it was from that LuffyxLucci filler fight back there.
ehh was that BGM revamped, sounded the same to me?

lol but then I've never been all that good at listening to things

I love that BGM tho, Enies Lobby brought on some of the best BGM I've heard in some time. Fits sooo well with the OP and glad they have kept with it, gotta love epic orchestra music.
Old 2009-05-05, 19:14   Link #217
Kona
Banned

I wouldn't underestimate the tenryuubito after all, they are very close to marines/wg and wouldn't be surprised if some admirals trained some of them or somebody else who is very powerful.
Kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-06, 06:51   Link #218
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona View Post
I wouldn't underestimate the tenryuubito after all, they are very close to marines/wg and wouldn't be surprised if some admirals trained some of them or somebody else who is very powerful.
While some tenryuubito might be powerful, there's no way they'll be willing to be trained by anyone outside of their own race, not even if they are Admiral. Hell, as far as they are concern, they are the WG itself, and Marines are only their bodyguards and servents. They are what Oda have made them, THE WORLD NOBLES, why would they want to be trained under a commoner even if he is a Admiral? Being strong won't be a reason, Merman are biologically stonger than human, yet to them merman are just slave just like other commoners.

Anyway, back to the episodes, even though I follows manga, I still can't wait for episode 400.

What a tale it will be, the story of the bond between Rayleigh and Roger, the answer of the one question almost all OP fans has been asking since beginning, and IMHO, by using a single chapter, Oda not only made Roger worthy of the title "Kaizoku-Oh" he also made Roger the baddest badass character in OP.

Last edited by Undertaker; 2009-05-06 at 07:23.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-06, 14:26   Link #219
ellifeedn
Thinker

The next episode (400) will be awesome in many ways.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-06, 17:40   Link #220
Azncoke123

^ From the preview it seems all talk
Azncoke123 is offline   Reply With Quote