AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 27 12.80%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 63 29.86%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 56 26.54%
7 out of 10 : Good 33 15.64%
6 out of 10 : Average 19 9.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 2.84%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 1.42%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.47%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.42%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-09, 11:54   Link #141
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelysan View Post
(as a side note, I see the word "girlfriend" in Battler's bio. I'm gonna assume it says, "doesn't have one- lol" but I'm curious as to what it says exactly *_* .
Girl friend ? Are you talking about the "kanojo" ?
If that's the case then that's just "she"/"her" and that "kanojo" is Kyrie
Old 2009-07-09, 11:54   Link #142
Avisch
Reality Blender

Much better episode. I really liked Emi Shinohara's work with Natsuhi here.

I think it would have been alittle better if they ended the episode with them about to see the bodies, but it was still a good ending.

One crazy B****
Old 2009-07-09, 12:07   Link #143
lovelysan
Umineko and Mabinogi fan~

No, no, seriously, I see "ひとりのガールフレンド" in there.

....because I suck and can't really read the kanji in that bio ;_; .... Only the bits of katakana and hirigana....

....You guys reminded me of my shame.

*is sad*
Old 2009-07-09, 12:12   Link #144
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I almost forgot about that, but I think it is the good timing to provide the TIPS from the game:

Episode 1-2: First Move
The links lead you to another window with their respective TIP post alone, but just in case: Please do not read the tips below the aforementioned ones, they can spoil you BIG TIME.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2009-07-09 at 12:26.
Old 2009-07-09, 12:15   Link #145
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
August = VN 5
Dec = VN 6
August 2010 = VN 7
Dec 2010 = VN 8

I'll say Spring 2011 is the earliest you'll see an animated sequel, more than likely Summer or Fall.
Looking at the calendar, if they go straight through the four VN novels we already have then the 1st season would end in mid-November. By then the 5th VN would be out (hopefully translated) and the 6th one would be coming within the month. So yeah, we would probably have to wait another year for the 2nd season.
Old 2009-07-09, 13:10   Link #146
Catnipcat
Twangst hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avisch View Post
I think it would have been alittle better if they ended the episode with them about to see the bodies, but it was still a good ending.
Nah, that's how it is shown everywhere - it's clishe.
I like the way the eyes of the characters change when they're angry or afraid.
Old 2009-07-09, 13:43   Link #147
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
August = VN 5
Dec = VN 6
August 2010 = VN 7
Dec 2010 = VN 8

I'll say Spring 2011 is the earliest you'll see an animated sequel, more than likely Summer or Fall.
Ryukishi07 will probably have the final story planned out before December 2010, so I imagine that the second season could start in autumn of 2010 and that would still give enough time for the final Episode to be released before the anime caught up with it.
Old 2009-07-09, 13:56   Link #148
Alaya
Counter Force

Ummm June, you better hurry delete the spoiler. You will get banned for that.

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Old 2009-07-09, 13:56   Link #149
Freelii
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by June 1983 View Post
Especially (spoilers for the rest of Game Episode 1)
I highly recommend you remove the spoilers, those are explicitly forbidden in this thread
Old 2009-07-09, 13:59   Link #150
June 1983

Oh, whoops. I haven't posted here in ages so I forgot about that.
Old 2009-07-09, 14:02   Link #151
Freelii
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by June 1983 View Post
Oh, whoops. I haven't posted here in ages so I forgot about that.
There is a Spoilers and Expectations thread though that would be more than happy to discuss stuff like that though, so don't feel disheartened! Though, did you mention that you had just finished Episode 1? There are some post-Episode 1 spoilers in that thread, so it might be slightly dangerous.

Last edited by Freelii; 2009-07-09 at 14:13.
Old 2009-07-09, 14:09   Link #152
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou

Send a message via MSN to Tjaard
I'm pretty satisfied with this episode, the only bad thing for me is the Battler and Hideyoshi voice acting at the end, that seams so fake
I don't know if the shadows are censor but i liked the same the scene, so i hope next time is always better and less cut, but for me good epi this time
Old 2009-07-09, 14:17   Link #153
Starlight

Much better episode than last 8/10

I still love Kanon xD He's awesome.

Urgh, I really don't like Maria though.
Old 2009-07-09, 14:19   Link #154
Freelii
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

I posted this in the general anime discussion thread, but since some people are talking about censoring, check this out:

Spoiler for Size:

My opinion has changed somewhat since I made that post though, I'm more inclined to think that the shed scene was just made darker for dramatic effect... but I also wouldn't be surprised if that scene was a little more gory in the DVD release, since there is obviously more detail there than first meets the eye.
Old 2009-07-09, 14:25   Link #155
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

No they are both the same (you can see the same details in both), you are just looking at different quality. Perhaps its a monitor thing but to me one of them is just over brightened that's all. The (supposedly) censored version simply seems to have the levels adjusted to meet the absolutes (ie. black is black, and white is white) and grays set to dark tones.

Depending on your media player I think you should be able to tweak this to your licking.
Old 2009-07-09, 14:27   Link #156
Freelii
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
No they are both the same (you can see the same details in both), you are just looking at different quality. Perhaps its a monitor thing but to me one of them is just over brightened that's all. The (supposedly) censored version simply seems to have the levels adjusted and grays set to dark tones.

Depending on your media player I think you should be able to tweak this to your licking.
It's the same file. I just changed the contrast and brightness settings on the original screenshot which makes it look poorer in quality. The 1st shot on my screen has the face almost completely black, you can't even make out the eye socket.
Old 2009-07-09, 14:38   Link #157
Mei19
LOL'ing at t3h old bags

It's the evil butterfly that killed them all.

*edit*

Nevermind. =) I wasn't wearing my contacts. I'm happy again hahah With what happened.

Old 2009-07-09, 14:39   Link #158
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Been avoiding coming around the sub-forum due to deathly fear of spoilers, but I figured I'd chance it this time...

As much as I tried to avoid it maybe I'm a victim of the little hype that did manage to reach my ears about the show, but so far the show has been pretty underwhelming in all regards that pertain to a mystery story like this...Chief among them being an absolute lack of good atmosphere.

Hoping this gets better at some point...Guess I'll read some other peoples thoughts in the thread now and hopefully gracefully dodge the minefield of any big spoilers.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2009-07-09, 14:42   Link #159
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashlotte View Post
Been avoiding coming around the sub-forum due to deathly fear of spoilers, but I figured I'd chance it this time...

As much as I tried to avoid it maybe I'm a victim of the little hype that did manage to reach my ears about the show, but so far the show has been pretty underwhelming in all regards that pertain to a mystery story like this...Chief among them being an absolute lack of good atmosphere.

Hoping this gets better at some point...Guess I'll read some other peoples thoughts in the thread now and hopefully gracefully dodge the minefield of any big spoilers.
This is generally a spoiler-free thread. If anything you'll just be spoiled for the last two anime episodes (including this one) but that's it really.
Old 2009-07-09, 15:17   Link #160
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
This is generally a spoiler-free thread. If anything you'll just be spoiled for the last two anime episodes (including this one) but that's it really.
Yea I just browsed through and it seems pretty tame...I get paranoid about them with a series of this genre whereas others like action or what not I could care less if I get spoiled.

Seems like alot of disappointed VN players though...I'll have to make it a point to check it out if I end up dropping this because it's honestly not leaving much of any impression on me at the moment.

The big "Shocker" at the end basically consisted of them killing several people I barely even remember the names of much less care about and one poor girl who had enough death flags stand-up this episode to kill her 10 times over.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Closed Thread