Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-07, 15:49   Link #301
Pyroman
The master of fudge!

Send a message via MSN to Pyroman
Really, there should be a thread for "Anime you like, but everyone seems to hate"
'Cause even though I respect other people's opinions, this is thread is pure flamebait, if there's a reaction to it or not is another case.

Gundam SEED, not that I dislike it, but it's overrated.
Old 2008-02-07, 17:33   Link #302
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
'Cause even though I respect other people's opinions, this is thread is pure flamebait, if there's a reaction to it or not is another case.
O.o

If you feel bad because someone doesn't like the show you like... Man, I really feel for you. I'd understand it if someone goes around bitching about a particular show on that particular show's thread, but... this is not about a particular show.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2008-02-07, 18:26   Link #303
Jechtsphere
The Black Swordsman

Send a message via MSN to Jechtsphere
For me I'd say Lucky Star, wasn't funny just annoying IMO.

Don't hate it but just wasn't my thing.
Old 2008-02-07, 21:44   Link #304
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
O.o

If you feel bad because someone doesn't like the show you like... Man, I really feel for you. I'd understand it if someone goes around bitching about a particular show on that particular show's thread, but... this is not about a particular show.
Well I personally feel bad, but I don't flame about it. I know that this thread is very sensitive so I even avoid discussing it. If you really really like a show then someone comes on and just plainly say it sucks, then come on now, you're not just going to shrug and scroll down.
Old 2008-02-07, 22:06   Link #305
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Quote:
Well I personally feel bad, but I don't flame about it. I know that this thread is very sensitive so I even avoid discussing it. If you really really like a show then someone comes on and just plainly say it sucks, then come on now, you're not just going to shrug and scroll down.
Or, you could open your mind a bit and realize that, for any opinion on any subject imaginable, there will certainly be someone that will have the exact opposite opinion about it. And this applies to art more than to anything else.

It would be flamey to say "grow up", but really, it's not that far away from it.

Old 2008-02-07, 22:33   Link #306
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
It's perfectly natural for you to feel upset when somebody flames a show that you like. This just proves that you are really attached to the show and its characters. Of course that doesn't mean you have to flame about it, as you said.

However, when sometimes someone gives a pretty superficial reason for not liking a certain show that I like, or gives a reason that's factually inaccurate, I feel obliged to "educate" that person and get the facts straight. It's not so much for him, but for other people who read his opinions and haven't seen the show in question and they might get the wrong idea.

In any case, the purpose of this thread is to flame about popular anime, so it's natural to expect many "colorful" words for shows that you like. If you are too sensitive about this, you should just stay away from this thread.
Old 2008-02-08, 00:04   Link #307
JustInn14
moo

Dislike is different from sheer hate.

Uhrm, NARUTO,,, that is all. I tried it. Too mind numming IMO.
Old 2008-02-08, 00:23   Link #308
Diaboso
we girls arnt safe!
*Artist

Naruto
Bleach
The melincoly of what ever :P
Old 2008-02-08, 01:24   Link #309
aolas
King Of The Night Sky
*Graphic Designer

for me i hate Yugi Oh...
i dont know why, & i dont know why people around me(my friend) really addicted to it...
Old 2008-02-08, 02:02   Link #310
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Or, you could open your mind a bit and realize that, for any opinion on any subject imaginable, there will certainly be someone that will have the exact opposite opinion about it. And this applies to art more than to anything else.

It would be flamey to say "grow up", but really, it's not that far away from it.
Well I'm offended, but not really. We have these things that are called feelings, and while you can control them physically, you can't control them emotionally. If I really like a song then someone just comes by and says they hate it, I'm not going to shrug it off. Sure I do that and also with anime physically, since I don't repost saying, "You suck, why don't you like that song/anime?" But while I'm not going to keep a grudge with that someone for hating my favorite anime, true apathy is very hard to not feel, while easy to not express.

Grow up, you say? If I have a wife and someone says my wife is ugly, I'm supposed to shrug that off too, right? I might be able to control myself from shouting out something in retort, but I will feel hurt inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklord_bg View Post
It's perfectly natural for you to feel upset when somebody flames a show that you like. This just proves that you are really attached to the show and its characters. Of course that doesn't mean you have to flame about it, as you said.
Thank you. You got exactly what I'm trying to say. You get cookie.
Old 2008-02-08, 02:27   Link #311
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
I swear to God, I've seen a lot of One Piece fans around the state of Connecticut, and my cousins are so hooked on it. I completely detest it. A lot.
Old 2008-02-08, 05:30   Link #312
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Quote:
Well I'm offended, but not really. We have these things that are called feelings, and while you can control them physically, you can't control them emotionally. If I really like a song then someone just comes by and says they hate it, I'm not going to shrug it off. Sure I do that and also with anime physically, since I don't repost saying, "You suck, why don't you like that song/anime?" But while I'm not going to keep a grudge with that someone for hating my favorite anime, true apathy is very hard to not feel, while easy to not express.
You know, the opposite of love is not hate. It's ignorance. Learning to ignore someone whose opinions on a subject of perception, such as art, allegedly "hurt" your feelings is an important skill to learn. If you don't, then you'll find life to be quite complicated. Close your eyes, take a deep breath, and then click away--it's not that hard. You're not forced to read everything on the internet, and ignoring the people who say things you don't like about a particular show makes for a better Interwebs. Really, it's not such a life-or-death issue we're talking about. It's a freaking anime show.

Old 2008-02-08, 05:40   Link #313
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
You know, the opposite of love is not hate. It's ignorance. Learning to ignore someone whose opinions on a subject of perception, such as art, allegedly "hurt" your feelings is an important skill to learn. If you don't, then you'll find life to be quite complicated. Close your eyes, take a deep breath, and then click away--it's not that hard. You're not forced to read everything on the internet, and ignoring the people who say things you don't like about a particular show makes for a better Interwebs. Really, it's not such a life-or-death issue we're talking about. It's a freaking anime show.
True true, quite true. My point is not about not ignoring, because we all will have to do that or else we'll become psychotic killers. I am talking about the instantaneous feeling when you read something you don't want to hear. Everyone feels that; you cannot ignore that, and it can even be argued as reflex. The part when I don't post back and flame is the "[c]lose your eyes, take a deep breath, and then click away" part that I always do. I realize that you should not take text to heart, and after I click away, my mind is mostly focused on the next thread. If that's all to it, then I think we are in agreement. But no, it can't "hurt" my feelings if I don't stay hurt now, right?
Old 2008-02-08, 06:10   Link #314
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Updated list of animes I dislike but other people seem to like:

1. Saint Seiya - I know some people who are so addicted to this anime. Tried 2 episodes and I can't stand it.
2. B-Daman - only anime I hate more than this is Saint Seiya.
3. Naruto - too many fillers

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2008-02-08 at 09:53.
Old 2008-02-08, 07:09   Link #315
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
The anime that i seem to dislike? well here it is.

Chrono Crusade - Because of the bad ending till i've been affected how sad the anime is.

Mai Otome - Because i felt sorry for Nina & Sergey at the end. Nagi Dai Artai is one of my hated character ever in my book.

IDOLM@STER XENOGLOSSIA - because of that 'emo' Chihaya Kisaragi AKA 'KAI'. Also the minor character Hibiki Saku is such a Pathetic douchebag.

Dragonaut The Resonance - K-SICKO!!

That's all i have to say till i've given up watchin those Crap.(due to the affected after the frustation incident about the hated character)

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2008-02-08 at 10:18.
Old 2008-02-08, 13:47   Link #316
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jafri View Post
The anime that i seem to dislike? well here it is.

Chrono Crusade - Because of the bad ending till i've been affected how sad the anime is.

Mai Otome - Because i felt sorry for Nina & Sergey at the end. Nagi Dai Artai is one of my hated character ever in my book.

IDOLM@STER XENOGLOSSIA - because of that 'emo' Chihaya Kisaragi AKA 'KAI'. Also the minor character Hibiki Saku is such a Pathetic douchebag.

Dragonaut The Resonance - K-SICKO!!

That's all i have to say till i've given up watchin those Crap.(due to the affected after the frustation incident about the hated character)
While I question your dislike for Chrono Crusade. IDOLM@STER XENOGLOSSIA and Dragonaut The Resonance are not very popular anime on animesuki. Although I enjoy watching Dragonaut The Resonance purely for its comical aspect of bad scripting, characterisation and super psychotic villain’s e.g. Kazuki.
Old 2008-02-08, 14:16   Link #317
Phantasmagoria
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuru
Dragonaut The Resonance are not very popular anime on animesuki.
Hmm..

Personally, I have not watched Dragonaut.. but the thread seems to get *bumped* more often than the others i.m.o. I haven't came across any convincing positive comment on that anime.. if my memory didn't fail, I suppose there's something related to breast..

Hate -> School Rumble. The comedy is good, but the romance is bad.
Old 2008-02-08, 15:02   Link #318
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
Hate -> School Rumble. The comedy is good, but the romance is bad.
Well, that's not so bad since the romance is just a pretense for the comedy anyway...
Old 2008-02-08, 15:14   Link #319
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasmagoria View Post

Personally, I have not watched Dragonaut.. but the thread seems to get *bumped* more often than the others i.m.o. I haven't came across any convincing positive comment on that anime.. if my memory didn't fail, I suppose there's something related to breast..
the reason why i am putting it here, though i still intend on watching the rest of the show...
the boobies seem to fly in every most unlikely direction.. the screen shots on random curiousity show some strange stances int he action scenes -_-;

there arent many shows that i dislike and that othe rpeople like..

though i would add Bleach.. maybe Naruto but only because of the fillers and the constant TBC endings..
but for Bleach the constant fighting someone who is stronger and beating them by a power up... uugh... please..
Old 2008-02-09, 01:35   Link #320
Wildclaw

Going through the animenfo top 50, which I have pretty much seen all.

Hated:
* Evangelion - Sorry, but a series with a main character that is so annoying that you spend every minute wishing for him to just go and die doesn't suite my taste.
* Furi Kuri - Worst attempt at comedy ever.

Disliked:
* Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien - This series just left me uncaringly depressed. (unlike some other anime that left me caringly depressed)

Bored Me:
* Cowboy Bebop - Just boring. While some of the sub stories were decent, the overall flow of the series didn't really fit me. Unlike others, I also didn't find the music/drawing style especially impressive.
* AIR TV - Sorry, but I just feel asleep watching this. And that is hardly an exaggeration.
* Rurouni Kenshin - Overrated in my opinion. The combat isn't very imaginative compared to other fighting anime. Adding lots of fillers and the whole series becomes a bore to watch. (Reminiscence however deserves its rank)
* Azumanga Daioh - Comedy that I just don't find very funny. Watchable, but far overrated in my opinion.
Closed Thread