AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-03-26, 19:14   Link #1101
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Good in a...
Spoiler:

You know, I want to watch an anime from Gonzo where the girl or guy that loses, is bitter and doesn't end in good terms. Last show I watched this on was sister of welber 2 by Production I.G. that is why Production I.G has always been one of my favorite anime studios. Fatina has been one the best female heroines from a Gonzo show in a long time.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 19:45   Link #1102
RevRayCool

Sigh... browsing through some 2ch threads, I can take solace that Kaaya doesn't seem to be very popular over there as well, especially when compared to Fatina.

Spoiler:

Everything fell right into place, nothing deviating from the "norm" of generic happy animu endings. I really wanted to put Druaga into a special place in my heart, but in the end, it turns out into yet another typical action animu. Sigh. I'm just going to forget I even watched this.
RevRayCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 19:54   Link #1103
BrokenWingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevRayCool View Post
Sigh... browsing through some 2ch threads, I can take solace that Kaaya doesn't seem to be very popular over there as well, especially when compared to Fatina.

Spoiler:

Everything fell right into place, nothing deviating from the "norm" of generic happy animu endings. I really wanted to put Druaga into a special place in my heart, but in the end, it turns out into yet another typical action animu. Sigh. I'm just going to forget I even watched this.
for the most part I can't understand why happen ends are not more interesting than say sad or dramatic ending but having a happy ending is rare these day. Well at least from my point of view having read so many Visual Novel. You could go back and watch berzerk, Kanon, Air ectera..........
BrokenWingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 19:55   Link #1104
golthin

Quote:

Spoiler:

hmmm, I thought Kaaya was very popular. It come to me as a surprise. Another case of first girl met wins. At least this time it was not an "Osananajimi" that lost. My only solace was that
Spoiler:
Old 2009-03-26, 19:57   Link #1105
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3htr0LL View Post
LOL GONZO.... does anybody ever die anymore?
well, first season they killed very popular characters. this season they killed characters that nobody cared about.
Old 2009-03-26, 20:00   Link #1106
BrokenWingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
well, first season they killed very popular characters. this season they killed characters that nobody cared about.
They’ve always killed characters people no one cares about Kaaly and countless solider?? It thought it was sounds the ones resurrected are immortal. And the one's dead don't have such abilities.
Old 2009-03-26, 20:06   Link #1107
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenWingz View Post
They’ve always killed characters people no one cares about Kaaly and countless solider?? It thought it was sounds the ones resurrected are immortal. And the one's dead don't have such abilities.
I am talking about Ahmey, she was the most popular character in the first season, even more than Kaaya. Fatina took Ahmey's place this season.
Old 2009-03-26, 20:27   Link #1108
BrokenWingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
I am talking about Ahmey, she was the most popular character in the first season, even more than Kaaya. Fatina took Ahmey's place this season.
I should leave it at that since I don't like to reply to trolls, (which I don't mean you btw) characters death with Ahmey in particular are necessary for Jil's growth. Without it Jil would have never grew up in season 1, what you said is correct Ahmey is adored by fan's but I wouldn't agree with her being very very popular.

Hopefully you're not implying the writer need to kill another important character in season 2 to make a point or keep things consistent since I find death irrational without serving purpose, Ahmey’s death however serve a great purpose to established Jil’s reason to climb which help him mature as he is now.
Old 2009-03-26, 20:31   Link #1109
t3htr0LL
Banned

No I don't think thats the point, just take a look at TTGL
Spoiler for mebbe spoilerish:
but it didn't make the show worse, but when Neeba gets freaking divebombed and is bleeding profusly you'd think he'd have died, and the fact that hes a live in the epilogue is just a complete mind f*ck. Plus the platform his bodies on falls... so jsut from that he should be dead.
t3htr0LL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 20:34   Link #1110
BrokenWingz

Quote:
No I don't think thats the point,
but it didn't make the show worse, but when Neeba gets freaking divebombed and is bleeding profusly you'd think he'd have died, and the fact that hes a live in the epilogue is just a complete mind f*ck. Plus the platform his bodies on falls... so jsut from that he should be dead.
It makes sense if you believe in imortality. Not as I want him alive but believeable he can survive anything. While TTGL had its fair share of chaarcter death could you agree with all of them, not calling them pointless or rather force would be my first view.
Old 2009-03-26, 20:39   Link #1111
t3htr0LL
Banned

No my problem lies within the precieved death scene. The que the cheesy music to que the audience in an emotional clash between brothers were only one will survive, and it comes off as only one walks away... but then five minutes later in the epilogue there like "ohay by the way we were jk, its all good" whats the point of having him lying there? in his own blood? This just feels like an attempt to troll as a studio. There was no need for the cheesy death scene if everything was going to be rectified in the epilogue. Also what purpose was the succubus there for? Probably the biggest waste in anime that I've seen. Im just really confused at what her role was in the entire second season.
Old 2009-03-26, 20:39   Link #1112
RevRayCool

Quote:
for the most part I can't understand why happen ends are not more interesting than say sad or dramatic ending but having a happy ending is rare these day. Well at least from my point of view having read so many Visual Novel. You could go back and watch berzerk, Kanon, Air ectera..........
I don't mind a happy end as long as it's done well. But Druaga's end was so cut and paste textbook happy, that it was almost nauseating to watch. To put it simply, I just wanted to see something, SOMETHING that would make me go, "Wow, I never expected THAT." The end of the first season kind of did that for me, and that's exactly why I followed the show into the second season. I also liked how Fatina turned out to be a pretty interesting secondary love interest too .

But the final end of Druaga was disappointingly and utterly predictable. It betrayed my expectations for the show as a whole. The GONZO animation quality as well as adding all those characters that ultimately were worthless in the end (Henaro, the four knight dudes, Amina, etc.) didn't help either.
RevRayCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 20:49   Link #1113
christinemarie
Crazy One

Quote:
No I don't think thats the point, just take a look at TTGL
Spoiler for speculation if there is a third season and why Neeba survived:

So in the end, Neeba still possess the powers of Druaga although don't remember anything at all. Fatima and Utu become close friends and probably into a relationship as Climbers. I imagine the chibi-Succubus would trick the new Hero in the 3rd series to get certain item that would make Neeba remember everything.

Killing of the megame-teacher of Neeba in the hands of Druaga-Neeba doesn't make sense at all. Henaro just died like that is not that helpful.

Overall, GONZO need to find new writers specially with the endings (they should make endings like the way they did in Gatekeepers 21) for their future animes that they would handle.
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 20:53   Link #1114
t3htr0LL
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinemarie View Post

So in the end, Neeba still possess the powers of Druaga although don't remember anything at all. Fatima and Utu become close friends and probably into a relationship as Climbers. I imagine the chibi-Succubus would trick the new Hero in the 3rd series to get certain item that would make Neeba remember everything.

Killing of the megame-teacher of Neeba in the hands of Druaga-Neeba doesn't make sense at all. Henaro just died like that is not that helpful.

Overall, GONZO need to find new writers specially with the endings (they should make endings like the way they did in Gatekeepers 21) for their future animes that they would handle.
You know what gonzo doesn't really suck at endings. just look at seto no hanyome or Romeo x Juliet, or hell Strike Witches, all those shows ended up pretty well. I just feel showing neeba's sillouette was pretty tacky.
Old 2009-03-26, 21:06   Link #1115
BrokenWingz

Quote:
No my problem lies within the precieved death scene. The que the cheesy music to que the audience in an emotional clash between brothers were only one will survive, and it comes off as only one walks away... but then five minutes later in the epilogue there like "ohay by the way we were jk, its all good" whats the point of having him lying there? in his own blood? This just feels like an attempt to troll as a studio. There was no need for the cheesy death scene if everything was going to be rectified in the epilogue. Also what purpose was the succubus there for? Probably the biggest waste in anime that I've seen. Im just really confused at what her role was in the entire second season.
To me it signified a lesson learnt through death while cliché it added value to Neeba characters or at least highlights inner reason, Neeba is a tard but at least he admitted to his mistake whiling duking it out with Jil. The ending might feel cheesy but the purpose has been serve. Neeba has learnt his lesson, could you really say neeba was deem worthy of death in his attempt to kill god. Objectively speaking he might have betrayed Jil to achieve his gaol which I thought was cunning but I did not believe it warrants death as such. Misguided perhaps or did all this arise because of how he treated fatina in season 1, lol I have a feeling its mainly because of fatina.

Quote:
I don't mind a happy end as long as it's done well. But Druaga's end was so cut and paste textbook happy, that it was almost nauseating to watch. To put it simply, I just wanted to see something, SOMETHING that would make me go, "Wow, I never expected THAT." The end of the first season kind of did that for me, and that's exactly why I followed the show into the second season. I also liked how Fatina turned out to be a pretty interesting secondary love interest too .

But the final end of Druaga was disappointingly and utterly predictable. It betrayed my expectations for the show as a whole. The GONZO animation quality as well as adding all those characters that ultimately were worthless in the end (Henaro, the four knight dudes, Amina, etc.) didn't help either.
if it’s your own expectation or opinion I can accept that but I have to say while everything happen as it did I enjoy the animation quality in episode 12. Neeba vs Jil was rather entertaining to watch. Fatina Dual wielding Fire staff and Utu looking like Rambo with armour.

The only issue would be the newly introduced characters which serve as fodder for the plot, its really hard to fit everyone and give them all back story within a 12 episode format but they serve their purpose as henchman. I enjoy Amina role and her death something along the line of valiant. Henaro could have been better but that’s the least of my worries.
Old 2009-03-26, 21:12   Link #1116
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Normally I'd be right with you on this point. I don't see anything wrong with happy endings in general. They can be perfectly satisfying in themselves. Just like any ending it depends on how its handled. Just that the happy ending here felt a bit off to me.
Quote:
It makes sense if you believe in immortality. Not as I want him alive but believable he can survive anything. While TTGL had its fair share of character death could you agree with all of them, not calling them pointless or rather force would be my first view.
At least the argument of immortality could help make that part more plausible. How was immortality transfered anyways? Druaga gave it to Gilgamesh since he won. Shouldn't Jil be immortal since he technically beat Gilgamesh and Neeba? It's not like the blue crystal rod was the key since Gilgamesh and Ki have it. Guess their lives are thanks to the gods being nice people.....

Just think they went too far trying to make it a happy ending. Don't think Neeba dying would have changed it from being a happy ending. At that point its not like many would have been damning the creators over his death.
Quote:
To me it signified a lesson learnt through death while cliché it added value to Neeba characters or at least highlights inner reason, Neeba is a tard but at least he admitted to his mistake whiling duking it out with Jil. The ending might feel cheesy but the purpose has been serve. Neeba has learnt his lesson, could you really say neeba was deem worthy of death in his attempt to kill god. Objectively speaking he might have betrayed Jil to achieve his gaol which I thought was cunning but I did not believe it warrants death as such. Misguided perhaps or did all this arise because of how he treated fatina in season 1, lol I have a feeling its mainly because of fatina.
While Henaro was a jerk wouldn't murdering her count as being worthy of death? Neeba pretty much used everyone around him for his own ambitions. I'd be amazed that with all the shooting of super weapons he was doing that no one died. Don't really care that he tried to take out the Gods. Neeba killed a few people at least during the second season. After all it's not all about Jil and the Gods. While they were his prime motivations others got caught up in it.
Old 2009-03-26, 21:15   Link #1117
BrokenWingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinemarie View Post

lol, I was going to add they should make me more yuri/implied yuri anime to make me happy ^^ reminding me of Gatekeeper 21. Isuzu x Miu <3
Old 2009-03-26, 21:31   Link #1118
BrokenWingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
While Henaro was a jerk wouldn't murdering her count as being worthy of death? Neeba pretty much used everyone around him for his own ambitions. I'd be amazed that with all the shooting of super weapons he was doing that no one died. Don't really care that he tried to take out the Gods. Neeba killed a few people at least during the second season. After all it's not all about Jil and the Gods. While they were his prime motivations others got caught up in it.
I'm more implying is Neeba a true evil that needs to be eradicated off the face of the planet or just a misguided fool. To use those around you to achieve your goal is a straight forward concept that’s written in the 'evil deeds' hand book. To be correct Neeba is a human who made mistakes to achieve his goal it is something you can repay back by being alive or at least be given a chance to rectify.
Old 2009-03-26, 21:34   Link #1119
NoLongerSane

I really enjoyed the series dispite how rushed the epilouge felt. I felt that Fatina was the better of the two females going for Jil's heart, but the writers and animators pretty much implied that the Jil/Kayaa pair was going to happen by how it was dipicted in the opening credits of each show. I liked the Jil/Neeba fight from start to finish. I was kind of hoping that Fatina was going to be involved in the fight between Jil and Neeba, but was happy she was not after looking at the aftermath of how Neeba handled his "distant relative."

Also, is it me, or was Kayaa made to look weak on how both Jil and Fatina had to come to her aid on two occasions.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 21:36   Link #1120
t3htr0LL
Banned

Cheesy cliched story telling brings up nothing but apathy in me, the story had hooked me, and suffered through varying degrees of animation quality somewhat obscure story telling and narative design but the ending just really robbed me of any feeling. I don't even feel contempt, I just feel blase about thsi whole affair

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, gonzo, rpg