AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Rumble

Notices

Old 2009-10-06, 17:02   Link #281
PuffSmoke

That's the thing, I wanted to know which, because I've skimmed through it but I haven't found it.
PuffSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 08:52   Link #282
Sephiroth_760
Anime is lifestyle

Send a message via MSN to Sephiroth_760
I've gon through all my ichi gakki OST's but can't find it oO
I try to find it in the nigakki ost later
Sephiroth_760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 21:59   Link #283
PuffSmoke

Why is my favorite song so hard to find!!

appreciate the help
PuffSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 02:56   Link #284
Dying Rose
Blurry: Puddle of mud

There's just one thing i got to know about the whole harima, yakumo, and eri relationship thing. I don't think that he picked eri or yakumo then because in a earlier school rumble z manga that might take place after they got out of school eri and yakumo were still fighting over harima. eri was a buisness woman and yakumo is a manga editer. mokoto has a kid with hanai. many other variables
Dying Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 14:36   Link #285
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Rose View Post
There's just one thing i got to know about the whole harima, yakumo, and eri relationship thing. I don't think that he picked eri or yakumo then because in a earlier school rumble z manga that might take place after they got out of school eri and yakumo were still fighting over harima. eri was a buisness woman and yakumo is a manga editer. mokoto has a kid with hanai. many other variables
you are kinda right there.... i hOpe.....

oh school rumble GT..... when will you come..?
Old 2010-01-04, 17:37   Link #286
Double_Edge
Cool Lander

Heeeeeeeeeelp!!

Hear me fellow School rumble fans!

I reawakened my love for school rumble a few weeks ago and have just finished rewatching the series. I am now on the 3rd semester OVA's. After watching the first few minutes of it, I see that they skipped alot of VERY interesting stuff. which leads to my question....

Is EVERYTHING in the manga shown in the anime (aside from the skipped stuff the OVA skimmed through)? Because if not, I am going to drop my whole paycheck next friday on the English mangas, lol. If only the stuff in the first few minutes of the 3rd semester OVA were skipped, then I will slowly buy all the volumes.

So basically I am asking if some Semester 1 and 2 stuff were skipped in the anime. because I have the first volume of the manga and I just prefer the anime more. The voice acting and motions add a whole new dimension to it.

Please help me guys!

EDIT: And what happened to Tenmas parents?

Last edited by Double_Edge; 2010-01-04 at 18:17.
Double_Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-04, 19:21   Link #287
Solafighter
Hige

Welcome to the SR fanatic section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_Edge View Post
Is EVERYTHING in the manga shown in the anime (aside from the skipped stuff the OVA skimmed through)?
No. To have the complete SR experience, read the manga. Its realy worth it.
Old 2010-01-04, 20:07   Link #288
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Most of the things are in the anime. There's nothing major you missed in the two first seasons.

But there still are a lot of scenes missing. Like when Yakumo stays over at Kenji's to finish the manga. They skipped Tenma alone at home (drumming on her bowl XDD) and how they're seen coming to school together - which started the whole gossip about them anyway. But they didn't only cut a lot of 'big' scenes, they also left out of a lot of little scenes a SR fanatic treasures, e.g. Mikoto getting her 'first kiss' xD

And of course all the stuff post 2nd season, including the class trip, bitch slaps, engagements and confessions. My favorite chapters are the shrimp chap and the karaoke chap. Those made me laugh so hard

Oh, and they censored all the alcohol in the anime.

Just go read it, it's awesome. From one fanatic to the other :3

And also another advice:
Whatever you do - Drop the maga after 281. Don't dare to go on to the next chapter. Also don't watch the last part of the San Gakki OVA.
DON'T DO IT! DON'T!
The curiosity isn't worth it, take 281 as the end.
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 01:47   Link #289
Double_Edge
Cool Lander

Thanks guys, lol! Too late though, i already watched all of SR a few years ago. And rewatched the ending today. Yeah, I really didn't like it, but I guess it wasn't so bad it was disappointing. It just seemed very odd.... Don't spoil me but does the manga have the same ending as the anime?

And chapter 281 isn't part of school rumble Z is it? Because I am gonna read that after i collect all the volumes!

EDIT: Speaking of which, how many volumes of School Rumble would i need to get to have the ENTIRE series? I changed my mind, it would be crazy to use my entire paycheck on it. I will use 1/2 this time (since earlier volumes seem to be harder to find) and 1/4 all the times after that.

Last edited by Double_Edge; 2010-01-05 at 02:02.
Double_Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 09:02   Link #290
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Trust me you will be more upset about the end once you reached 281 XD. Or maybe not, because you know what to expect ... but there's a reason every SR frowns at the word 'pie' . The end is a wallbanger after ch. 281 (and those before).

Spoiler for end of anime / manga:

And no SRZ starts with an own chapter #1, it's not 281.

SR has 22 Volumes. I don't know where you live, but in NA and Europe the entire series isn't out yet.
If you have problems finding some volumes and don't have a trusted manga shop, look at amazon :3. Manga is free of shipping too after all.
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 01:33   Link #291
roankun
Tsundere Lover

just a question about the third "season" of school rumble...

last episode of season 2 was like a preview that the third season will be about them going to europe. what happened to that? i saw the "third season," but that was two measly episodes on hige, tnema and that other guy... what happened to the third season?
roankun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 17:34   Link #292
Sephiroth_760
Anime is lifestyle

Send a message via MSN to Sephiroth_760
there's no third season
the third season's the two episodes u already saw
they only contain the end

if u want to know what happened in between you've got to read the manga
Sephiroth_760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-18, 11:02   Link #293
Marty17
Like What You Hate

The thing is, they created a preview (of S3) pretty much like any other eps., what they didn't anticipate was they're NOT developing San Gakki into a full season, instead just offered the last 2 eps. of that supposed season.
Old 2010-02-19, 08:35   Link #294
roankun
Tsundere Lover

oh... that's kinda disappointing... i liked sr a lot, too... i guess i'll just have to read the manga, then. thanks. ^^
roankun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 01:58   Link #295
animeffs13240
V for Victory

which chapter should i start the manga after watching the 2 season of sr????
Old 2010-02-21, 08:15   Link #296
Solafighter
Hige

Mh. If im not mistaken its around 168. A couple of chapters later, they depart to england.
Solafighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 08:45   Link #297
Marty17
Like What You Hate

I think its CH161 (Vol 13), the 1st part you're more likely have seen from the Anime, but the last few pgs its practically carrying on from where S2 left off.

Spoiler:
Old 2010-02-21, 15:28   Link #298
animeffs13240
V for Victory

oh thank you very much all get right on it
Old 2010-12-12, 13:51   Link #299
Frozen1

Hey guys long time lurker, first time posting.

Does anyone know the name of the song/music at 13:42 in episode 9 of the first season? I've been looking for it for over an hour with no luck. It doesn't appear to be on any of the soundtracks.

Here's a link to the episode, remember the song starts at 13:42. It's Funimation's official youtube channel so I don't think I'm breaking any rules by posting a link to the episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t9PgtvKO…

Thanks in advance.
Frozen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 15:18   Link #300
Solafighter
Hige

I cant take a look on this episode right now, but if you are sure, that this song does not appear in any of the School Rumble OST's, then its gonna be difficult to find out.

Here and then, some animes have music included, they never release on OST cd's. Nobody knows, why.

Also,

Welcome to the AnimeSuki forums.