Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-12-06, 14:18   Link #361
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
@Xagzan
This might be a little off topic, and I'm saying this based on my knowledge, but everyone I know who has read both One Piece and Naruto agrees that OP >>> Naruto, myself included. There's no doubt. And most Naruto fans who think otherwise haven't read one piece, or have randomly touched a few chapters or episodes and based their judgement on that. The only exceptions I know of who truly have read both and still think Naruto wins fall under a particular demographic, like below 12 years. And I do love Naruto, but the awesomeness of One Piece just can't be explained in a few sentences.

Back to Bakuman, Oda is One Piece's author, and Toriyama is Dragonball's author.
Oh by this point I really only read Naruto and Bleach out of habit, and it's a guilty pleasure. I mean yes I mostly enjoy the story and fights and characters or whatever, but I'm under no delusions that Kishimoto and Kubo just aren't good writers anymore, and that half the time they're BSing it. But as long as I lower my expectations and standards, they're still fun, most of the time.

Still, it's nice to see when they get referenced in Bakuman. Something self-gratifying about it...
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 17:51   Link #362
kitten320

I can't get into OP because of horrible drawings... looked through manga, too hard to read for me because of the way it is drawn as well...

Also OP is almost like new Santa Barabara... is the ending anywhere close?

Buy yeh, it is nice to see those references in Bakuman. Makes series more realistic.
I wonder if they needed permission to include all those names.
Old 2010-12-06, 18:00   Link #363
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Mr Hattori is very kind , helping those young boys ! Nice . I'm interested on what will it be their final project !
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 20:12   Link #364
brocko

^ I've always considered Hattori's character design a little goofy at times, especially those lips, but i guess that's where his charm comes lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I can't get into OP because of horrible drawings... looked through manga, too hard to read for me because of the way it is drawn as well...

Buy yeh, it is nice to see those references in Bakuman. Makes series more realistic.
I personally dislike the OP as well, the song choice i don't feel is upto par. The ED however is great and there's nothing much to complain about at all from my perspective, very much more upbeat than the OP

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 20:30   Link #365
larethian

@kitten320
while I'm not an expert on this, but acquaintances who are graphic artists tell me that OP art is pretty good, the lines, the backgrounds, the expressions etc., only problem was the panels can become very cluttered at times. I don't really understand those stuff anyway. But I think what you dislike may be the art style, in particular the way the faces are drawn, I guess? It was the same for me, but I quickly get used to it and love the uniqueness (before FT started). I won't comment on the art since I'm no expert. OP has a lot of strengths, the main two being originality of the fantasy world (just mind boggling how the world works), and the way Oda plans his story using a macro approach across arcs and yet with plenty of details. OP is one of the manga with very few plot holes due to his evident macro and ironically detailed planning. Humor and parts which struck at your emotional chords are also nicely done. Battle-wise, I find Naruto to be better. But I'm the type of person who favor interesting stories over exciting battles however.

my guess is Bakuman authors probably already have gotten permission to include Jump's name, and the other Jump mangas' names before they started. However anything outside of jump is changed slightly, though it's obvious which of the real world 'stuff' they are taking on; one such example would be the seiyuu companies.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 20:42   Link #366
brocko

lol I just realised you guys were talking bout One Piece and not the Opening of the show with OP. ORZ...

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 16:52   Link #367
kitten320

Yeh that's what I meant.

Well I disliked character design in Code Geass too, humans were seriously unproportional... but I did get used to them 13 episodes later...

Well will see, might check One Pice, one day.
Old 2010-12-08, 00:50   Link #368
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Have to say Miyoshi really adds a lot of personality into the series with her added time. A bit of a rough start but managed to break down Mashiro's objections to her being around. Though seems her relationship has some bumps to get through .

Hattori really looked horrible at the end of the episode . Though I guess he was trying really hard to figure out a solution. He did push them to draw a certain way and it was a disaster. Agree better to just focus on their strengths and appeal to a smaller demographic. Long as it's large enough and a dedicated following will still work out.
Old 2010-12-11, 18:16   Link #369
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Page 7. Tears and Tears

It's been a while, and I got far behind from the current episode rate, hence, I hope to reach to the current episode by the next week.

Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 20:34   Link #370
kitten320

Spoiler for 11:
Old 2010-12-13, 18:40   Link #371
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Hmmm dunno what to think about the show.
I don't have anything about the romance but we don't have much about Manga's part , technic drawing etc.... and i thought that they'll make like their first work , an intro explaining the plot etc...
Well , next ep will be the same , drama romance between Azuki x Mashiro. Just date already !
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 21:36   Link #372
Lightningtiger13
Gang

Send a message via Yahoo to Lightningtiger13
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
I don't have anything about the romance but we don't have much about Manga's part , technic drawing etc.... and i thought that they'll make like their first work , an intro explaining the plot etc...
Well , next ep will be the same , drama romance between Azuki x Mashiro. Just date already !
I agree I am tired of there ridiculous waiting; although I am glad that unlike other series at least on of the main characters is in a relationship witch is a grand change.

This series is awesome and possesses a great amount of emotion. There have been times while reading my weekly manga of: Naruto, Bleach, Bakuman, Kimi no Iru Machi, Hajime no Ippo, and Kenichi that Bakuman comes up as the most interesting (witch as of late has been more likely than not).

Also just want to mention that I agree OP's Drawings while not actually horrible art just is way to strange and not in any interesting sense.
Lightningtiger13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 03:41   Link #373
tera_ha

Quote:

OP will have an ending but probably not any time soon. it doesn't drag like many other animes and hardly has any fillers . there is a reason why it remains to be in top 3 in tv rankings in japan(for a very long time)

and well there are just animes u wouldn't want to end, for me , one piece is fun of them

anyways the discussion is about bakuman, i love this show, i don't mind it dragging because i just love the charachters and interactions between them
Old 2010-12-14, 11:04   Link #374
Vicious108

Is it wrong that every time Eiji is on-screen I am throughly more entertained than when it is the main characters? The guy isn't anything special yet, but he's a breath of fresh air compared to the repetitive endeavors Mashiro (who's incredibly bland and boring if you ask me) and Shujin go through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tera_ha View Post
OP will have an ending but probably not any time soon. it doesn't drag like many other animes
Hahaha.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 11:19   Link #375
kitten320

How exactly OP is not dragging? It has more episodes than any other ongoing series 0_o

Bleach which is big failure now also in in the top so it doesn't say much, people just get too used to long lasting shows.

But yeh, that's not the right theme.

Actually the only characters I like in the show are Shujin and Miyoshi... Azuki and Mashiro are damn at the bottom of my list.
Even annoying Nizuma is more fun.

Was Bakuman really created by same author as Death Note? Death Note did have one or two annoying characters... but not almost whole cast!
Old 2010-12-14, 11:25   Link #376
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Yes, the anime's focusing too much on the romance and not enough on the process of making manga. It wouldn't be a problem if it were good, but Miho and Mashiro are just unbelievable (oh noes, we can't look each other in the eyes or talk!). Thank god Miyoshi is there.

Furthermore, it's way too slow. 10 episodes and we're still only on chapter 13... at this rate it'll take ages to introduce the remaining characters.
Old 2010-12-14, 11:39   Link #377
kitten320

For real? Just chapter 13?
That's probably the most dragged adaption I have seen... how long are the chapters?

Even FMA was covering like 2 chapters per episode and chapters were quiet huge.
Old 2010-12-14, 11:54   Link #378
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
For real? Just chapter 13?
That's probably the most dragged adaption I have seen... how long are the chapters?
Same as most Jump manga, 19 pages.
Old 2010-12-14, 13:48   Link #379
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Was Bakuman really created by same author as Death Note?
Yes. It's obvious enough, i'm sure.
Old 2010-12-14, 14:56   Link #380
Kallen4life

Quote:
How exactly OP is not dragging? It has more episodes than any other ongoing series 0_o
it's story is wonderful & excellent in an enormous 100% original 100% unique world and hasn't fallen apart like naruto/bleach (YMMV) .. I feel like there's not enough One Piece

however, anime adaption of marineford arc IS dragging badly, 1 episode = 1 chapter pretty much

also, yeah, I don't like Mashiro at all, Shujin is much better .. Eiji rocks too, as does the editor .. and Miyoshi .. Azuki is ok, but I want her to do some seiyuing
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, comic works, coming of age, shounen