AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-12-28, 21:45   Link #181
Dextro
He Without a Title

I'll state right now that I am of the opinion that Karen Gillan was, so far, the best companion in the new series but Coleman stole the show for me on this special. She wasn't on screen for more than a few minutes and I was almost falling in love with her*. She's something special I'll give you that

* I may be exaggerating a bit ok?
Old 2012-12-28, 23:10   Link #182
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Here is my theory:
Spoiler for Snowman spoiler:
Old 2012-12-28, 23:57   Link #183
Lost Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Here is my theory:
Spoiler for Snowman spoiler:
Considering the possibilities of parallel deminsions, worm holes, time distortions, and such. It's possible for anyone to have multiples of themselves roaming the universe.
But what's to stop the Doctor from interceding before the Alaska crashes into the Dalek Asylum? In any event it shall be interesting and fun!

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 00:47   Link #184
james0246

^The Doctor can't really change events he already knows will happen. He can play around with the outcome, but not the nitty gritty details of reality. Especially for events he himself has already witnessed.

That being said, what a damn fun episode. I especially loved the dichotomy shown between the Doctor, the children's father, and the mad scientist as they all, for various reasons, have cut themselves off from the world around them, and all to horrific effect. Additionally, Matt Smith was in fine form and Jenna-Louise Coleman was able to keep up with his kinetic energy very well. Can't wait to see how they will work together in the season proper. (I will admit to being a little upset that a charactet from the past didn't get to be the new companion; it's been quite awhile now since a companion from a different timeline has been focused on).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 01:44   Link #185
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
Considering the possibilities of parallel deminsions, worm holes, time distortions, and such. It's possible for anyone to have multiples of themselves roaming the universe.
But what's to stop the Doctor from interceding before the Alaska crashes into the Dalek Asylum? In any event it shall be interesting and fun!
Because besides the fact that he can't change what he already saw, he has no incentive to save someone who doesn't seem to need help. The Doctor isn't going out to look for Clara in order to protect her; he is going out to recruit her.

We don't know what manner of physiology allows Clara to do what she does; one might claim she has a 4th wall breaking superpower reserved for the likes of the Daleks and The Master; to come back after death good as new no matter how unlikely it is.
Old 2013-02-24, 18:20   Link #186
james0246

For those who are interested, BBC America has started their 50th Anniversary celebration for the doctor earlier today. For the next 5 weeks (?) They will be showing classic Who episodes from each Doctor. Today they are showcasing the first and second Doctor. So, set your dvrs to record classic Doctor Who.
Old 2013-02-24, 23:07   Link #187
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
For those who are interested, BBC America has started their 50th Anniversary celebration for the doctor earlier today. For the next 5 weeks (?) They will be showing classic Who episodes from each Doctor. Today they are showcasing the first and second Doctor. So, set your dvrs to record classic Doctor Who.
Is it the next 5 weeks? I was under the impression it was one special per Doctor each month.
Old 2013-02-24, 23:50   Link #188
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Is it the next 5 weeks? I was under the impression it was one special per Doctor each month.
There are two on tonight, but I guess the first could be a repeat from last week. Whatever the case, I'm pretty sure the specials are supposed to stop when the new season begins March 30th.
Old 2013-02-25, 00:08   Link #189
Kirarakim

Quote:
There are two on tonight, but I guess the first could be a repeat from last week. Whatever the case, I'm pretty sure the specials are supposed to stop when the new season begins March 30th.
It was a repeat and no it's a once a month special for 11 months to celebrate the 50'th anniversary not the new season.

You can read about it here

http://www.bbcamerica.com/doctor-who...second-doctor/

I am just hoping they will choose City of Death for the 4th Doctor.
Old 2013-02-25, 01:18   Link #190
james0246

^What a waste of time. Oh well...

City of Death is on Netflix Instant...not that that would do a non-Netflix user any good.
Old 2013-02-25, 06:36   Link #191
Kirarakim

Quote:
^What a waste of time. Oh well...

City of Death is on Netflix Instant...not that that would do a non-Netflix user any good.
I am a non-Netflix user but I have seen it.

My friend who is new to Who however has not and she also does not have Netflix.
Old 2013-02-25, 06:53   Link #192
Lost Cause

Thanks James, I'll be looking forward to seeing Pertwee and Baker again!

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 16:17   Link #193
Kirarakim

Looks like the 3rd Doctor episode (which will air March 31st) is Spearheads from Space.
. I've seen a few 3rd doctor episodes but not that one so I am looking forward to it.

http://scifiandtvtalk.typepad.com/sc...c-america.html

But now I have mixed feelings about the 4th Doctor episode. Of all of the Classic Doctors I've probably seen most of his episodes. City of Death is my favorite DW story and I'd love to expose my friend to it (who is also watching) but now that I know Sarah Jane (my favorite companion) won't be in the 3rd Doctor serial I kind of wouldn't mind an episode with her as well....
Old 2013-03-02, 20:47   Link #194
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Im still making my way thru Tomb Of the Cybermen but you can totally see were 11 gets his idiosyncrasies
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 00:22   Link #195
Suomi
Kaiba

I just finished ep 1 and 2 of season 6 (The Impossible Astronaut and the other one). I freaked out so many times during that episode. Out loud. And sat huddled in a corner of the couch utterly creeped out by the Silence (who I would say are about on par with the Angels for creepiness. Almost. I mean, a species that makes you forget you ever saw them?!). And I spent a bit of the episode yelling at Amy...though I do that a lot. Mostly in relation to Rory and how she takes him for granted. River was simply awesome. She is my new favorite character, and when she said "someday, we will meet and he will have no idea who I am" (flashback to Silence in the Library, whose title I would not think is a coincidental connection, for those who caught that reference) I was like AHHHHH. -sob-
she and Eleven are simply adorable. I love them together. <3
Old 2013-03-08, 19:57   Link #196
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusore View Post
I just finished ep 1 and 2 of season 6 (The Impossible Astronaut and the other one). I freaked out so many times during that episode. Out loud. And sat huddled in a corner of the couch utterly creeped out by the Silence (who I would say are about on par with the Angels for creepiness. Almost. I mean, a species that makes you forget you ever saw them?!). And I spent a bit of the episode yelling at Amy...though I do that a lot. Mostly in relation to Rory and how she takes him for granted. River was simply awesome. She is my new favorite character, and when she said "someday, we will meet and he will have no idea who I am" (flashback to Silence in the Library, whose title I would not think is a coincidental connection, for those who caught that reference) I was like AHHHHH. -sob-
she and Eleven are simply adorable. I love them together. <3
Silence was an awesome episode. The weeping angels never fail to freak one out. Scariest aliens ever and totally unexpected.
Wait till you reach Season 7. You'll find another fave character. Possibly better than River.
Old 2013-03-09, 03:39   Link #197
Tsundere Louise
D-Don't stare, baka...

I really hope that they won't make us wait months for the new episodes...
Old 2013-03-09, 10:53   Link #198
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsundere Louise View Post
I really hope that they won't make us wait months for the new episodes...
March 30, 2013 is the release of the new episodes.
Old 2013-03-09, 12:40   Link #199
Tsundere Louise
D-Don't stare, baka...

Quote:
March 30, 2013 is the release of the new episodes.
Yeah, I know. I was talking about the next episodes.
Old 2013-03-16, 16:08   Link #200
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

The 2nd trailer for Series 7. Im in love with The Doctor's new look <3

- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
science fiction