AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-01-07, 08:10   Link #1
Strages
Animefan :)

Send a message via MSN to Strages
Chatting - Teamspeak

Hey hey everyone

Today i questioned myself how to get in touch with more people for chatting about anime/japanese and any other thing that comes to mind. My mind responded immidiately with teamspeak... damn where to find server addresses with some actual people online on it????

Question: Plz share some server addresses with me to get in touch with peeps over the internet..

thanks!

strages
Strages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 08:32   Link #2
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Well there is the IRC channel

Taken from the FAQ:

Quote:
General Information
We currently operate an IRC channel on the synIRC network. #animesuki is frequented by some of the forum staff.

Connection Information
Should we move network, this FAQ entry will be updated with the new address information.
Servers
The synIRC network has a number of different servers.
You can use each directly or use one of the following names to select a random server:

* irc.synirc.net
* eu.synirc.net
* us.synirc.net

Channels
#animesuki

How to Join?
If you don't have a clue how IRC works, just download and install mIRC (Windows Only), then follow one of the server links above.

Other Clients?
mIRC mentioned above is just one possible client, there are many others, including:

* klient (Windows Only)
* irssi (Multi-platform)
* Xchat (Multi-platform)

Rules and Notes
Usual common sense applies: R rated content, spam and anything too suggestive is likely to get you kicked and possibly banned from the channel. As always, make sure you read the Channel Rules before or soon after joining the channel for the first time. To find the link to the rules while on the channel, simply type: !rules. If you're not sure, just pm one of the active OPs or just ask in the channel and somebody will answer you. You can also check out the channel's thread.