AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier: Sayonara no Tsubasa Movie Rating
Perfect 10 40 42.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 34.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.11%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-04-10, 04:51   Link #1941
Thess

I meant these ones.

I LIKED those "early" spoilers, but idk if they are real cause the book wasn't published yet.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2011-04-10, 04:58   Link #1942
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
I meant these ones.

I LIKED those "early" spoilers, but idk if they are real cause the book wasn't published yet.
The novel was available from amazon from March 31st, and there have been several cases where books have been released early. (e.g. spoilers for OreImo 7 that were released 10 days before the official release date turned out to be true; there are also books which never become available until a few days AFTER their official release date. Nishio Ishin's stuff, for instance...). The impression I got from the amazon reviews were more in line with the earlier spoilers which I linked to...but as you said, they just don't refer to anything specific.

*sighs* I wonder when I'll be able to get them...

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2011-04-10 at 05:13.
Old 2011-04-10, 09:24   Link #1943
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Interesting interview tidbits - you guys sure know how to span a few pages, eh?
Anyway, the whole "in the characters which appear in the endroll" thing is still getting on my nerves. This seems to imply actual character renditions while the credits roll by, no? Anyone who's seen the movie still remember any of it, if there was any?

Old 2011-04-10, 14:18   Link #1944
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
The impression I got from the amazon reviews were more in line with the earlier spoilers which I linked to...but as you said, they just don't refer to anything specific.

*sighs* I wonder when I'll be able to get them...

So was mine, but some more vague knee-jerks reactions DO make me wonder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Anyway, the whole "in the characters which appear in the endroll" thing is still getting on my nerves. This seems to imply actual character renditions while the credits roll by, no? Anyone who's seen the movie still remember any of it, if there was any?
Like I said a page ago, he probably means dshootingstarb aka Sheryl and Ranka having a concert together in the credits. Which is a huge... hint about her awakening.

Didn't he say in the previous movie interview we (the audience) "shouldn't lose hope" and pretty much stay for the credits?

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkplataform View Post
In this universe, we don't know what's going to happen. Right till the ending credits start rolling, please don't give up and continue onwards with the journey!
Sounds vaguely suggestive of the light novel first spoilers endings.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"

Last edited by Thess; 2011-04-10 at 14:31.
Old 2011-04-10, 14:38   Link #1945
Dash_Hunter

Quote:
Like I said a page ago, he probably means dshootingstarb aka Sheryl and Ranka having a concert together in the credits. Which is a huge... hint about her awakening.

Didn't he say in the previous movie interview we (the audience) "shouldn't lose hope" and pretty much stay for the credits?

Edit:
That's only a possibility, it says "There's also a hint in the characters that appear in the endroll" so he could mean something visual rather than the music playing in the credits.
Maybe the characters that appear before the credits or something, maybe he is just refering to the scene where Sheryl moves her mouth and the earring shines.
Old 2011-04-10, 14:42   Link #1946
Thess

Sheryl's mouth happen before the credits, though. That was my first guess, until I realized it says in the credits, not before them.

Old 2011-04-10, 14:59   Link #1947
Dash_Hunter

Quote:
Sheryl's mouth happen before the credits, though. That was my first guess, until I realized it says in the credits, not before them.
So endroll == Credits?
I know he could mean the music, but the words "characters that appear" could mean something else, if it's the music why doesn't he just say "There's also a hint in the music in the endroll"

I know that dshootingstarb could be the hint and that would be great, but for now I can't say that it is the music "for sure"
Let's just be happy that Kawamori is saying there's a hint that maybe Sheryl wakes up instead of trying to set in stone that dshootingstarb is proof of that/the hint he's talking about.
Old 2011-04-10, 15:24   Link #1948
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_Hunter View Post
So endroll == Credits?
I know he could mean the music, but the words "characters that appear" could mean something else, if it's the music why doesn't he just say "There's also a hint in the music in the endroll"
"Characters" doesn't actually mean anything visual...per se specially IN Macross. Ranka and Sheryl appear as characters since they have a line of dialogue. It's not just the singing a song that was recorded (Hoshi Kira style), but a live.

エンドロール → (ending) credits (end roll literally).

Old 2011-04-10, 15:50   Link #1949
Dash_Hunter

Quote:
"Characters" doesn't actually mean anything visual...per se specially IN Macross. Ranka and Sheryl appear as characters since they have a line of dialogue. It's not just the singing a song that was recorded (Hoshi Kira style), but a live.

エンドロール → (ending) credits (end roll literally).
Maybe is just that with the word "appear" I think he meant or I expect something visual, as in characters appearing not just hearing them.

And again, for now I can't say that it is the music "for sure" and I won't treat the dshootingstarb thing as a fact (for now) because we are not 100% sure yet.
Of course everyone can have their own opinions about this.
Old 2011-04-10, 16:02   Link #1950
Thess

登場する = is appear, but has a connotation on "stage/on scene" like on a stage concert or television. That's why I think he's probably hinting Ranka's and Sheryl's live performance, for the implications of the verb. It's not a random "they show out".

Anyway, it confirms Sheryl awoke before that. He sounded amused people were too shocked about Alto that missed it. So that makes me happy!

Old 2011-04-10, 16:48   Link #1951
magnuskn

Soooo... would that mean that Alto returned? If we connect Rankas comment with Sheryl having awakened? ^^
Old 2011-04-10, 16:59   Link #1952
Thess

^

If we believe in Kawamori, it's up to you... it could also mean that
Spoiler for light novel supposed first spoilers:

Of course maybe Ranka and Sheryl are trolling an embarrassed Alto with a suggestive concert (considering the lyrics). And he gets to dance again... on the stage. It's up to you. But either way, it seems we can picture the best ending possible.

Last edited by Thess; 2011-04-10 at 17:14.
Old 2011-04-10, 17:15   Link #1953
magnuskn

Well, I want a true SxA ending, with Ranka as a best friend to both.
Old 2011-04-10, 17:35   Link #1954
Thess

Well, it wouldn't surprise me if Ranka becomes the godmother of their children (if they have any) or the bridesmaid of their wedding (if they marry).

Old 2011-04-10, 18:28   Link #1955
kujoe
from head to heel

Wow, I didn't realize that there's a lot of conflicting info about the novel at this point.

Anyway, with all this new (and confusing) info about the movie released, I'm now curious about how it unfolds even more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Interesting interview tidbits - you guys sure know how to span a few pages, eh?
You know how it is. We love to please.
Old 2011-04-10, 20:18   Link #1956
Thess

Yeah. We have only emotional impressions and vague scrapes of information (and reviews). Nobody has typed a full summary to be sure.

Old 2011-04-10, 23:32   Link #1957
darkplataform

Old 2011-04-11, 02:37   Link #1958
Thess

That's very charming. I want a sig with the three of them.

Edit: How could I miss this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
Alto extended his right hand. He's not actually proved to be right handed.
I thought Alto/Ranka fans loved those paper airplanes "symbolism" a lot. So... Re-watch the scenes with them and see which hand he uses to throw them:

Rest my case.

Last edited by Thess; 2011-04-11 at 04:51.
Old 2011-04-11, 06:25   Link #1959
wisteria233

Quote:
That's very charming. I want a sig with the three of them.

Edit: How could I miss this one!

I thought Alto/Ranka fans loved those paper airplanes "symbolism" a lot. So... Re-watch the scenes with them and see which hand he uses to throw them:

Rest my case.
Doesn't he also hold his pen in his right hand?
Old 2011-04-11, 14:10   Link #1960
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
Doesn't he also hold his pen in his right hand?
Yes, I didn't find an icon of that, though.

Closed Thread

Tags
mecha, movie, romance, science fiction, song