AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-05-06, 11:49   Link #401
Kafriel
Senior Guest

That's a whole new level of hate...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 12:27   Link #402
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Ahh ok, just more qqin

I won't belive any of you when it comes out and he's MORE bad ass and you say "eh I had a feelin" or "lol I was oonly kidding"
Old 2011-05-06, 12:40   Link #403
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I won't belive any of you when it comes out and he's MORE bad ass and you say "eh I had a feelin" or "lol I was oonly kidding"
And if it turns out as bad as Ninja Theory's previous two action games?

Not to mention your definition of "more badass" may be different from ours. If it really is only 30 fps then that already makes it less badass than the previous games (even DMC2 managed 60). So far Ninja Theory has only made crappy God of War clones. And this game may very well be good in its own right but still be a crappy DMC game.
Old 2011-05-06, 13:54   Link #404
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

If its bad its bad then its the fact that iif it was the original dante in the trailer people would be going nuts with excitement.
Old 2011-05-06, 14:00   Link #405
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Quote:
If its bad its bad then its the fact that iif it was the original dante in the trailer people would be going nuts with excitement.
Nope, people would still not like Ninja Theory being the developers. They didn't like it when it was a rumor and I doubt that would have changed even if they hadn't messed with Dante. The redesign simply added more fuel to the fire.
Old 2011-05-06, 14:07   Link #406
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I got plenty other games I'm looking forward too. If its bad then oh well. I Won't judge it fully until moore info. Right now its sitting on the neutral level. While shadows of the damned and azuras wrath are ong the Nomfg can't wait" level. With reboot tomb raider sits on the "eh hope its good" level

I don't have to bother with skyrim and ME3 those two are on a whole nother level.
Old 2011-05-09, 02:39   Link #407
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

How can anyone spam the guns if they barely did any damage? During gameply Ebony and Ivory where never that powerful. It'd take a whole two hours to kill a boss with just the pistols.

A cool down for the weapons is retarded.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-09, 05:07   Link #408
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
How can anyone spam the guns if they barely did any damage? During gameply Ebony and Ivory where never that powerful. It'd take a whole two hours to kill a boss with just the pistols.
In DMC2, guns>>>>>>>>anything else. Basically if you spammed E&I or daggers, respectively, you could kill everything much faster. Including the fun of sword combos.
Old 2011-05-10, 03:44   Link #409
Westlo
Lets be reality

Well people tend to forget that DMC2 exists, like how we'll forget DMC5 exists while we console ourselves playing DMC1 and DMC3SE HD ports.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 04:50   Link #410
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Capom still states DMC2 is still canon it's a few years after DMC4 via email, though emailing them with this new DmC they replay it's early in development and watch out for E3.

Also GOWIII Apollo's bow sub weapon of Kratos has a cool down, loled when I lunched an enemy to the air and fired Apollo's bow, it's like GOW trying to be Devil May Cry, but you cannot change weapons at will when attacking in GOW, unlike in DMC4, because UE cannot support that amount of frame rate and it will have bugs.
Old 2011-05-12, 12:06   Link #411
jonli
JONLIの憂'

I realize whenever Capcom fucks something up in their stories they just make a interquel or a prequel but never ever reboot the timeline or retcon it.

Street Fighter 1, 2, 4, 3. Devil May Cry 3, 1, 4, 2. Oh well, it's not like Capcom prides itself in story, it's always more of a game mechanic thing with them.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 22:23   Link #412
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Devil May Cry had 2 open ended storylines DMC2 what happened really to Dante and DMC4 who is Nero really?

Instead of making a sequel they made a westernized reboot. A retelling of Dante's origin story by a western team instead of the original Japanese team.
Old 2011-05-13, 10:01   Link #413
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Devil May Cry had 2 open ended storylines DMC2 what happened really to Dante and DMC4 who is Nero really?
Yeah...Nero would be a lot better if he was more than just a kid with a devil arm...not really interested in DMC2's ending though, it could be anyone, from Sparda to freaking Mundus reincarnated. Anyone know if there are DMC novels out there, maybe some with continuity?
Old 2011-05-13, 13:59   Link #414
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Anyone know if there are DMC novels out there, maybe some with continuity?
There were prequel novels for DMC1 and DMC2. DMC3 had a prequel manga. DMC4 had some light novels by one of the story guys for 4.

The DMC1 novel was removed from canon by DMC3. DMC3's manga is unfinished but still canon. The DMC4 novels were more of a side project meant to touch on some stuff the writer felt didn't get across well in the game (like Vergil being Nero's father). DMC2's novel doesn't really have anything that would knock it out of canon.

There's also the anime that takes place between 1 and 4
Old 2011-05-13, 14:12   Link #415
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
like Vergil being Nero's father
Wasn't Dante in his mid-to-late twenties at DMC4? Considering that's what Virgil should be too at the time, and Nero was around 18...who did Virgil leave pregnant at 7~11? o_0

Thanks for the novel info, will look up on them.
Old 2011-05-13, 14:31   Link #416
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Wait.. there's a dmc4 novel????
Old 2011-05-13, 16:04   Link #417
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Wasn't Dante in his mid-to-late twenties at DMC4? Considering that's what Virgil should be too at the time, and Nero was around 18...who did Virgil leave pregnant at 7~11? o_0
Dante's in his 30s in DMC4.

Quote:
Wait.. there's a dmc4 novel????
Two actually
Old 2011-05-13, 16:22   Link #418
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

hmm where can i get them.. i cant find anything on google.
Old 2011-05-13, 16:23   Link #419
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

You can maybe get them at Japan's Amazon. But there has been no official English translation
Old 2011-06-01, 11:48   Link #420
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
http://www.gamersmint.com/new-devil-...details-leaked

Quote:
He says that both Capcom and Ninja Theory took the criticism by the series fans’ very seriously and wants to ensure that the game’s polished to the core before showing anything about it and hence they’ve have revealed very little to no information since its announcement.
Really?

Quote:
He/She confirmed that Dino’s look hasn’t changed, although they only played the demo and they admit they know nothing about the story. So I don’t think this is a confirmation of anything except NT not caving to the demands of fans and changing the base design.
*facepalm*.
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote