AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2015-05-20, 20:59   Link #861
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
Another seiyuu marriage. Takeshi Kusao (Trunks in DBZ, Sakuragi in Slam Dunk, Shinoda in World Trigger) has married Yuka Saitou (Tamamo Sakuraba in Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai, Chizuru Akaba in Seitokai no Ichizon)
http://ms930.blog95.fc2.com/blog-entry-358.html
http://ameblo.jp/yukke1113/entry-12028854804.html

What's funny is that they both starred in Sengoku Musou, where Kusao played Sanada Yukimura, while Saitou played young Yukimura. So now we have a married couple, who plays the same character.
I've seen VA's get together after playing love interests, but this is certainly a first .

Though congratulations to the couple and I hope they have a happy and successful life together .
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Probably meant Chiwa Saito, one of Shaft's go to seiyuus.

And yes, a long long time ago when she was still a teen they tried the idol path with Sawashiro Miyuki for a little while with things like this

Once upon a time she was known for high pitched cute characters like in Di Gi Charat or Galaxi Angel, then her voiced dropped allowing her to expand her roles (though she can still go pretty darn high when she wants to even if it's rare these days, but I doubt she can reach what she could when she was 15)
Ah! Got it. Forgot Chiwa Saito was married .

Oh wow, I've never been so caught between being shocked and being in awe of something so cute before. Seeing Miyuki Sawashiro in that kind of role is quite a bit to take in...though yeah, I'm also glad her voice dropped and she went in a different direction, since that deeper voice is part of her appeal and why she's always a pleasure to listen to in any role .
Old 2015-05-21, 12:44   Link #862
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
The two of them probably had some similar experiences they could share.
I'd imagine so, I'm still waiting for an anime that reunites them both in prominent roles, if there was one I missed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Oh wow, I've never been so caught between being shocked and being in awe of something so cute before.
Here's more and this is recent : both characters in this jewelpet clip are voiced by her.

So she can still go high but generally only does so as cute mascots or babies (like the one in beezlebub), and stays away from lolies,one exception I can think of is NGNL

Watching that NGNL clip reminds me that Kayano Ai's range is absurd, I'm pretty sure you could make a harem anime where she voices all the girls.
Old 2015-05-22, 01:33   Link #863
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Here's more and this is recent : both characters in this jewelpet clip are voiced by her.

So she can still go high but generally only does so as cute mascots or babies (like the one in beezlebub), and stays away from lolies,one exception I can think of is NGNL

Watching that NGNL clip reminds me that Kayano Ai's range is absurd, I'm pretty sure you could make a harem anime where she voices all the girls.
Yeah, I think Izuna was the first time I had ever heard her use that kind of voice, and as a loli, so it was really surprising .

One of the scenes in that video reminded me of that time I recognized her as young!Ginko in the first season of Mushishi without having known about it beforehand. I was actually pretty proud of that moment, both as a seiyuu fan and a Miyuki Sawashiro fan .

Agreed on Ai Kayano's amazing range. I first got introduced to her via Aquarion Evol, where she used her normal girly-girl voice, but it just seemed like each subsequent season I'd see her in a show where she'd play a completely different character with a completely different voice to where it was sometimes surprisingly difficult to recognize her without having already read who she was playing.

Now I recall watching a video of Akira Ishida voicing an entire family, including the women, and doing it almost perfectly .
Old 2015-05-22, 11:18   Link #864
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Now I recall watching a video of Akira Ishida voicing an entire family, including the women, and doing it almost perfectly .
Do you remember the name of this video, because I really need to hear this? xD
Old 2015-05-22, 12:28   Link #865
AntonKutovoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
Do you remember the name of this video, because I really need to hear this? xD

Although if e're talking about person, who can play anything and anyone, there's also Koichi Yamadera

AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-22, 14:08   Link #866
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Thanks Anton. Those videos were great, but that last video was especially hilarious.

This actually reminded me of the news clip about Lani Minella a US voice actress.

Old 2015-05-25, 06:45   Link #867
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Quote:
Michael Jordan's voice is still the hardest to replicate lol. There was something hypnotic about his voice in the original song.

Goeben Alaska Hood Albacore Archerfish

Lexington Hornet Taihou Ranger Surcouf

Wichita Houston Sirius Yuubari Brooklyn

Ikazuchi Hibiki Aviere Akizuki Suzutsuki

frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-28, 11:00   Link #868
AntonKutovoi

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...-singing-voice

No surprises for the winner. But Megumi Hayashibara and Aya Hirano are pretty low...
Altough to be honest, in the entire top there's only 4 singers that I actually like (Mizuki, Hayashibara, Hirano and Chijhara), so most of my favorite signers among seiyuus didn't make it there at all.
Old 2015-07-21, 09:06   Link #869
Westlo
Lets be reality

Ari Ozawa the next big thing? Loved her Chiyo in Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun and she's in a heap of main roles atm... just exploded...

Mizuki in Classroom Crisis
Kurumi in Gakkou Gurashi!
Papi in Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou
Wakaba in Wakaba*Girl
Lead character in the latest Jewelpet

In a main cast character in at least two Fall shows in Gakusen Toshi Asterisk and Lance N' Masques, was the main character in Rolling Girls.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-21, 12:01   Link #870
judasmartel
*Author

Say, what's her vocal range like?
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-21, 17:17   Link #871
AntonKutovoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Say, what's her vocal range like?
So far her roels are mostly cute girls. Although she have shown that she can do quite a deadpan voice in Gekkan Shoujo. And the there's her roles in Mikagura and Gakkou Gurashi that, while still a cute girls, are pretty different from her other roles.
Well, considering Gekkan Shoujo success, it's no wonder that she became popular.
Old 2015-07-21, 20:42   Link #872
judasmartel
*Author

Yeah, I mean, which fellow seiyuu does she sound similar with?
Old 2015-07-25, 21:07   Link #873
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

I dunno, her tone is pretty unique

If I were to think of someone, maybe Suzaki Aya but that's kinda stretching it

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-25, 21:45   Link #874
judasmartel
*Author

This might annoy you guys a bit.

Spoiler for nozaki-kun counter:

My goodness, that's a wide vocal range right there. She does sound like Aya Suzaki most of the time in that video, but she can stray outside of that at the drop of a hat. One time she sounds like Yuka Iguchi, then other times Yuki Matsuoka, Kanae Ito, and Kana Hanazawa (minus the coldness).

My, turns out I have already heard her in [Ro-Kyu-Bu!]. She plays the role of the coach of the rival team there. That was one of the times she sounds like Kanae Ito most of the time.

With her landing so many lead roles within a year, she could be the next big thing in the Japanese voice acting industry.
Old 2015-07-25, 21:47   Link #875
judasmartel
*Author

Say, who has the coldest voice you guys have ever heard in anime?

I thought Kana Hanazawa is cold, but so does Mamiko Noto (she's her mentor after all).

Any others I may have missed?
Old 2015-07-26, 01:30   Link #876
AntonKutovoi

Quote:
Say, who has the coldest voice you guys have ever heard in anime?

I thought Kana Hanazawa is cold, but so does Mamiko Noto (she's her mentor after all).

Any others I may have missed?
Among female seiyuus? I'm gonna say Atsuko Tanaka. Also, Houko Kuwashima in those villain roles that she played.
Among males title easily goes to the late Kaneto Shiozawa (Oberstein from "Ginga Eyuu Densetsu"). Honorable mention goes to Nobuyuki Hiyama. While he is at his best, while voicing hot-blooded characters, his cold voice is great as well.
Old 2015-07-26, 01:52   Link #877
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Kaneto Shiozawa
Iason Mink, huh? Oh, yeah, he's good.

Say, do the Japanese fans demand their favorite seiyuus to remain virgins, or has it died out?
Old 2015-07-26, 02:01   Link #878
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Hayami Saori is pretty well-known for her cold characters. I also like Misato Fukuen's cold tone. And who could ever forget about Minori Chihara

As for males, there's Hikaru Midorikawa, Junichi Suwabe, Namikawa Daisuke, Kenjiro Tsuda, Tohru Okawa, etc.

there's a lot of versatile voice actors out there. Hard to pick one for a certain tone

Quote:
Say, do the Japanese fans demand their favorite seiyuus to remain virgins, or has it died out?
Hardcore otakus revere seiyuus as gods/idols, so yep. It's still a thing

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-26, 06:48   Link #879
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
Hardcore otakus revere seiyuus as gods/idols, so yep. It's still a thing
Anime seiyuus hold the voices of the gods, indeed. Thank you very much for that information.
Old 2015-09-06, 16:46   Link #880
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Holy S**t

I know this is mostly a thread for Japanese VAs, so please feel free to move it to the proper thread...if there's one. I didn't see one so..please forgive me mods

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ography/.92346