AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2007-08-15, 23:04   Link #61
pingu^
Mishi-Corp

Since I use linux, here are some programs I run

for DVD ripping/encoding, i use AcidRip as a GUI frontend to MEncoder/Mplayer (of course, you can always write your own bash scripts)
for muxing, i like to use MKVmerge
pingu^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-17, 21:08   Link #62
Skyward
Oblivious
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
So... which one is the video edit program? I don't suppose everyone can afford adobe premiere.
While I don't know what DarkT intended the video editing program to be, I do most of my editing through avisynth. It's uses are actually rather extensive, and (in theory) endless. However at the present time, theres no way to produce any effects to the extent that Adobe After Effects can produce. Since avisynth is just a frameserver at its core, you still need to use an additional program to actually encode and compress the video (VirtualDub and x264 are popular choices).
Skyward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 00:22   Link #63
pingu^
Mishi-Corp

virtualdub and virtualdubmod are ancient. there are much better programs out there.

i also forgot to mention avidemux.
pingu^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 01:09   Link #64
Skyward
Oblivious
*Fansubber

While VDM is archaic, VirtualDub still comes in handy and is a viable tool. It's quite useful when running the lossless pass and when encoding in XviD.
Old 2007-08-18, 02:29   Link #65
xat
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingu^ View Post
virtualdub and virtualdubmod are ancient. there are much better programs out there.

i also forgot to mention avidemux.
VDM is legitimately ancient; Vdub is just as well but it's still updated. Both are still useful (and heavily used).
xat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 22:40   Link #66
Esente
OEC's TypeSetter+Encoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero1 View Post
Also in contrast, MP4's softsubs are relatively simple (yet they do have features such as karaoke, displaying the subs on picture for windowed playback or in letterbox when in fullscreen, clickable web links, and of course colours, fonts and positioning/scrolling).
Does ASS also support clickable web links? If it does, how can I do it? It sounds great to me!
Esente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 23:07   Link #67
ArchMageZeratuL
Aegisub dev
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esente View Post
Does ASS also support clickable web links? If it does, how can I do it? It sounds great to me!
It doesn't.
ArchMageZeratuL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 23:58   Link #68
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Quote:
So... which one is the video edit program? I don't suppose everyone can afford adobe premiere.
LOl i think he is saying if u cant buy it warez it
mist2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-22, 21:13   Link #69
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist2123 View Post
LOl i think he is saying if u cant buy it warez it
Where did I give the impression of asking for warez stuff? What is wrong with asking for some free LEGAL software?

Yes, virtualdub mod is really old and hasn't been updated since 2003. Virtualdub, well, I suppose I will have to encode it somewhere else if I want xvid. That is the problem because it doesn't include xvid.
Old 2007-08-22, 21:40   Link #70
ArchMageZeratuL
Aegisub dev
*IT Support

Quote:
Yes, virtualdub mod is really old and hasn't been updated since 2003. Virtualdub, well, I suppose I will have to encode it somewhere else if I want xvid. That is the problem because it doesn't include xvid.
VirtualDub can use any Video for Windows (VfW) codec that you have installed, for both decoding and encoding. This includes XviD. You can get the VfW codec on koepi.org.
ArchMageZeratuL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-23, 01:31   Link #71
Skyward
Oblivious
*Fansubber

If you're uncomfortable with using the XviD VFW interface, there is an XviD encoding command line program available over at Doom9 called xvid_encraw. I have heard some things about it spitting out files with an incorrect FPS, but I have yet to experience the problem.

Someone parked koepi.org and wants 10 thousand euros for it, so you'll have to find another download source for koepi's xvid builds.
Old 2007-08-23, 04:18   Link #72
jfs
Aegisub dev

Even if xvid_encraw produces the wrong framerate in the output you can still override that when muxing the video. Any real muxing tools offers such an option. (For at least Matroska specifying a timecode file is one way. I'm quite sure mkvmerge also has an option to just set a constant framerate in video.)
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-23, 15:28   Link #73
Zero1
Two bit encoder
*Fansubber

I wasn't aware of framerate issues, but I tend to just output to raw and mux later anyway.

It's also an option to mux with MP4Box/YAMB and then if MKV is required, drop the resulting MP4 in MKVMerge.

You could even hex edit the header to manually change the framerate, but as for what values I couldn't help you with, only MPEG-1/2/H.264.

And that's BS what happened to Koepi's site but you can grab stuff here:
http://ffdshow.faireal.net/mirror/XviD/

If you go up a directory, you'll find some other cool stuff too.
Old 2007-08-23, 15:58   Link #74
D404
Banned

These "framerate issues" are just xvid_encraw defaulting to 25 fps if no framerate is specified. Use the -framerate parameter iirc.
D404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-23, 21:18   Link #75
dragon5152
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to dragon5152 Send a message via MSN to dragon5152 Send a message via Yahoo to dragon5152
Quote:
IIRC, there was an update released for Virtual Dub Mod in Feb. of 06 that was an update which you just copied over the latest full release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D404 View Post
These "framerate issues" are just xvid_encraw defaulting to 25 fps if no framerate is specified. Use the -framerate parameter iirc.
Not if you have squid_80's build (which it was fixed in). AFAIK this was updated in megui a few days ago. Took them like 6 months to finally figure it out.
Squids xvid_encraw should be 460kbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero1 View Post
And that's BS what happened to Koepi's site but you can grab stuff here:
http://ffdshow.faireal.net/mirror/XviD/

If you go up a directory, you'll find some other cool stuff too.
I don't really like to download his stuff (celtic_druid) since he builds (most of the stuff there) it with ICL (Intel C++ compiler) compiler which I think (I ran a few tests, I think GCC is faster for AMD stuff) runs slower on my AMD Opteron. Plus there really isn't any reason to download 1.1.3 anymore, I'd get the latest cvs version (1.2) which has pthread support.

And I just build it (xvid) myself with GCC.
dragon5152 is offline   Reply With Quote