Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-05-29, 10:40   Link #601
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
We probably aren't going to learn anything new about C.C. till around the end of the series since her story isn't all that important to the plot.
Stay away from this thread, you!

Spoiler for <_<:
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 10:43   Link #602
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, it is true to some degree. They don't have to give us anymore on C.C. at all really. Marianne is the only thing we need to know about really. They could kill C.C. off in the next few episodes and it wouldn't affect the plot that much.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 10:45   Link #603
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Well, it is true to some degree. They don't have to give us anymore on C.C. at all really. Marianne is the only thing we need to know about really. They could kill C.C. off in the next few episodes and it wouldn't affect the plot that much.
Conclusion: we don't share the same vision of the plot
Old 2008-05-29, 10:47   Link #604
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Probably not I suppose, but they haven't given me reason to think otherwise.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-05-29, 10:59   Link #605
Tormenk

And who would be there to reveal Marianne's story? The most likely person would be C.C., seeing as how she is seen conversing to Marianne from time to time.

Other than that, she is also the person most likely to have insight into V.V's and Charles' plan with the Sword of Akasha, among other things. Also the questions as to why she would know about Aeris(?) Palace and her exact involvement in the project that created ALL HAIL BRITANNIA Orange-kun still need to be answered.

Best of all is that she is placed in the best position of all: in close contact with Lelouch, which should affect how things progress from then on. Subtly influencing and deciding the progression of the show while letting the secrets out little by little has always been C.C.'s job from last season until now.

Though hopefully there will be more significant light shed on her past for this season.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 11:17   Link #606
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Or V.V.. Or Charles. Or some random World of C moment for Lelouch. It doesn't have to be here and could easily not be her.

And her involvement was made somewhat clear in season 1 and through other materials in that they were trying to study her immortality.

Her contact hasn't been that close at all and she has barely had any communication or conversations with him.

Old 2008-05-29, 11:55   Link #607
Tormenk

It's unlikely the study of immortality would have gotten Clovis disowned had it been leaked. The entire scope of the Code R hints of more than that.

C.C.'s involvement has been deliberately kept to a minimum to reinforce the impact of her when she reveals something. Her past and her knowledge of the Imperial Palace being some examples. Also it does add to her enigmatic air, acting as little as possible so fewer information can be deprived from her actions.

I don't see the need to introduce plot or story-twisting information when there's one source sitting conveniently beside the protagonist, just waiting for the right time. Any other way would seem contrived unless it's someone like Bartley.

How could it be not easily her? Lelouch's contact with the 'C' has been through C.C. on both occasions. Random occurences are just going to seem dumb otherwise. And it's going to take hella long and effort before Lelouch will even have the chance to wring info out of either V.V. or Charles, optimistically speaking before the endgame starts around ep 20.(of course this is unbased speculaton). Easiest way would be let C.C. talk and let things roll on from there.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 12:14   Link #608
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

It was revealed that it was mainly the study of immortality that was of interest and keeping such a thing from his father might have led Clovis to think that this being revealed may have led some to think he was trying to gain some great power for himself.

She's a plot device basically.

And there are surely other ways of contacting the World of C. How is Charles doing it then? And I'd rather we not have every big reveal depend on Lelouch being in contact with C.C. during one of those Geass freakout moments.

And none of this is getting revealed till near the end so I'd say it's quite possible that those two could do the revealing. V.V. could do it to sew distrust.

Old 2008-05-29, 23:33   Link #609
Esper 28
Akira

I think it's really naive to say that C.C. doesn't matter and especially naive to say they, "don't have to give us anymore [information] on C.C. at all really." C.C. and her story is so completely entwined with Lelouch at this point that everything is going to be connected. C.C.'s plot is Lelouch's plot and vice-versa.

I've said it before, but seriously, C.C. has her hand in all of this. Once the dots are connected, there isn't going to be a single plot or subplot or anything that stands alone, they'll all overlay on one another. The story has been interwoven throughout the entire series and I firmly believe that this will continue until the end, where all strands will be brought together to form one string.
Esper 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 00:31   Link #610
Used Can

We've also yet to know what her wish is. Whatever it may be, it may or may not be highly relevant to the plot.
Old 2008-05-30, 09:31   Link #611
vspirit
...huh?

...you know, I'm half expecting to see swordfights, beheadings and quickenings...
vspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 11:36   Link #612
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper 28 View Post
I think it's really naive to say that C.C. doesn't matter and especially naive to say they, "don't have to give us anymore [information] on C.C. at all really." C.C. and her story is so completely entwined with Lelouch at this point that everything is going to be connected. C.C.'s plot is Lelouch's plot and vice-versa.

I've said it before, but seriously, C.C. has her hand in all of this. Once the dots are connected, there isn't going to be a single plot or subplot or anything that stands alone, they'll all overlay on one another. The story has been interwoven throughout the entire series and I firmly believe that this will continue until the end, where all strands will be brought together to form one string.
Really? How so?

Her part is really only going to come into play in the last part of the series that deals with the Geass. She'll have minor involvement outside of that probably, but nothing really meaningful I'd expect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
We've also yet to know what her wish is. Whatever it may be, it may or may not be highly relevant to the plot.
It's probably just relevant to her fate in the end and maybe whether or not Lelouch dies or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vspirit View Post
...you know, I'm half expecting to see swordfights, beheadings and quickenings...
Except she was already beheaded once and it didn't kill her. But hey, I'm all for some Highlander references. Let her "Prize" be the same as the film: mortality and the ability to have children. Not likely though.

Old 2008-05-30, 11:40   Link #613
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Was she beheaded once? I only recall her getting shot in the head.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 12:58   Link #614
Esper 28
Akira

Quote:
Really? How so?

Her part is really only going to come into play in the last part of the series that deals with the Geass. She'll have minor involvement outside of that probably, but nothing really meaningful I'd expect.
If you'll recall, I made those huge posts comparing her to the Green Knight awhile back. I also made a direct comparison between C.C. and Morgan le Faye. There hasn't been an instance in the show, as of yet, to debunk my theories on that and as a result, I continue to believe in them.

In other words, I think C.C. is working behind the scenes in some capacity that has affected everything in the show so far. How or why she would do something like that, I've no idea because I don't work on the show.

So, while you believe she won't be anything "really meaningful", I expect otherwise.
Old 2008-05-30, 13:55   Link #615
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, forgive me if I don't agree with the idea of C.C. being nothing more than a villainous manipulator who doesn't give a damn about anyone in the show. Of course, such a thing as that is probably likely and would just have to happen.

Old 2008-05-30, 14:46   Link #616
Esper 28
Akira

Quote:
Well, forgive me if I don't agree with the idea of C.C. being nothing more than a villainous manipulator who doesn't give a damn about anyone in the show. Of course, such a thing as that is probably likely and would just have to happen.
Uhh...way to misconstrue like, everything I've said. Good job!

I never once suggested she was a "villainous manipulator who doesn't give a damn about anyone in the show". In fact, I didn't talk about her "feelings" or relationship with any of the other characters in the show at all nor did I suggest that she was evil.

I simply implied that I think she's been affecting the story of the show from the beginning and continues to do so in the most current episodes. Honestly, I think your inability to understand people's posts discredits you when discussing the various interpretations of Code Geass. You seem to hear, see, and read what you want and disregard everything else.
Old 2008-05-30, 16:07   Link #617
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Alright fine. The Green Knight and Morgan weren't exactly good in any real way, though no one on this show really is either I guess.

I haven't seen much to suggest she is affecting events to the level you appear to be suggesting honestly. She has had little to no involvement with any of this at all currently except for the first episode and how she has actually told Lelouch about V.V.. She hasn't done anything much at all really. If you'd like to point out some specific ways she has been affecting things, then please enlighten me.

And I don't do with this with everyone and everything. Neither do I disregard everything else as you suggest.

Old 2008-05-30, 18:02   Link #618
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
Was she beheaded once? I only recall her getting shot in the head.
In the flashback about her past during EP25, if I recall correctly, she was also guillotined.

Now I wonder, was the guillotine only used in France????
Old 2008-05-30, 18:31   Link #619
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I believe it was. She seems to have been in various places around the world after all.

Old 2008-05-30, 21:09   Link #620
Aquifina

Quote:
And I don't do with this with everyone and everything. Neither do I disregard everything else as you suggest.
Considering how completely certain you are of the points you make, I'm sorry to say I don't quite see the difference between what you do and disregarding any point that doesn't back what you believe.

Really, this line you take that CC is a minor character now is dubious at best. Dismissing the geass plotline is even more unbelievable.
Aquifina is offline   Reply With Quote