AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-08-06, 00:48   Link #781
james0246

^I don't undwerstand; is the magazine implying that ME3 will not be released on the PS3?

edit: Oh, the multiplayer aspect. Truthfully, I was expecting that for some time...

Last edited by james0246; 2011-08-06 at 08:42.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 00:50   Link #782
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

"Multiplayer". I guess that's it, then.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 02:26   Link #783
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post
Cat's out of the bag.
Spoiler:

Still waiting on some form of official confirmation/denial on the BSN forums. In the meantime the fans rage.
Multiplayer? The hell is this?

Seriously, the best they could do is make a Gears of War: Mass Effect edition with the new cover mechanics they promote. Just take a few larger singleplayer maps, add a few spawn points, ...really, Bioware? This makes me laugh hard.

On the other hand, if it's real, it might be fun in the end. All the weapons, biotic powers and stuff...singleplayer kinda is a somewhat of a team-deathmatch, if you think about it. Still, what the bloody hell?!
Old 2011-08-06, 02:28   Link #784
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

What... What... What... Mass Effect 3 multiplayer?? Curiosity is getting to me
Old 2011-08-06, 02:35   Link #785
Westlo
Lets be reality

It could surprisingly be good like Uncharted 2's multiplayer.. and them working on multiplayer hardly effected the quality of Uncharteds single player portion.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 02:42   Link #786
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
As long as they don't have achievements for playing in multiplayer and IT DOESN'T RESULT IN TH SINGLE PLAYER EXPERIENCE BEING CUT IN HALF, I'm all good.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 04:22   Link #787
Aqua Knight

Multiplayer is only consoles or PC as well?
Old 2011-08-06, 04:24   Link #788
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I'm with Dingo. I don't like games getting multiplayer tacked on for the sake of multiplayer, especially since it often leads to singleplayer suffering because of it. If they wanted to do a Mass Effect multiplayer, they really should have kept it for a Mass Effect 4 or something.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 04:59   Link #789
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I'm with Dingo. I don't like games getting multiplayer tacked on for the sake of multiplayer, especially since it often leads to singleplayer suffering because of it. If they wanted to do a Mass Effect multiplayer, they really should have kept it for a Mass Effect 4 or something.
A lot of people thought the same with Uncharted 2 and that turned out more than alright...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 05:08   Link #790
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Hence, 'often.' Though I have not played either of the Uncharted games, so I can't really compare, but with a game like Mass Effect who's entire genre is supposed to be singleplayer... well, resources have to be diverted away from it, which leaves me uncomfortable.
Old 2011-08-06, 05:21   Link #791
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
A lot of people thought the same with Uncharted 2 and that turned out more than alright...
Uncharted 2 is a PS3 exclusive, PS3 has Blue ray discs, blue ray disc has alot more space, so it's only natural that multiplayer in Uncharted 2 wouldn't interfere with the length of Single player which was just fine and if I remember correctly the exact same as Uncharted 1.

If they insist on adding Multiplayer in Mass Effect 3 which was ORIGINALLY a X-box 360 exclusive than they had BETTER up the Disc number for the 360 to make sure it's even. I mean if this method worked for Dead Space 2(Which was longer than Dead Space 1 AND had multiplayer to boot) it can definitely work for Mass Effect 3.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 06:35   Link #792
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

You guys are a lot more tame when it comes to news of multiplayer, on other forums I visit the nerd rage is actually amazing, despite the fact I don't even see the point of being angry considering the multiplayer is DLC and optional.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 06:42   Link #793
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Well, I haven't seen the damage its causing yet (if it causes any at all), so right now I'm just concerned. No reason to rage over a simple concern.
Old 2011-08-06, 08:14   Link #794
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I accept that Mass Effect is a FPS with some RPG tacked on, so there is going to be a multiplayer option just because of the mass number of FPS players who are used to this sort of thing.

I mean, it's not like I haven't noticed that they were stripping as much RPG out of the game as they can in Mass Effect 2. They even admitted it too.

If I buy this game, it would be fore Tali. I want to secure a peace deal between the Geth and Quarians. But if I can't... Then we will see if I would bother.
Old 2011-08-06, 08:49   Link #795
kiak666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I accept that Mass Effect is a FPS with some RPG tacked on, so there is going to be a multiplayer option just because of the mass number of FPS players who are used to this sort of thing.

I mean, it's not like I haven't noticed that they were stripping as much RPG out of the game as they can in Mass Effect 2. They even admitted it too.

If I buy this game, it would be fore Tali. I want to secure a peace deal between the Geth and Quarians. But if I can't... Then we will see if I would bother.
I think you mean TPS?
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 12:42   Link #796
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
You guys are a lot more tame when it comes to news of multiplayer, on other forums I visit the nerd rage is actually amazing, despite the fact I don't even see the point of being angry considering the multiplayer is DLC and optional.
The MP is DLC? What?

And I also heard that the MP info in that magazine is old rumor shit from months ago.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 12:44   Link #797
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I thought I read a post in this thread earlier that it was confirmed that there was not going to be MP implamented in the game. But it seems to still be true since the MP is said to be a DLC, either way, I'm curious how the MP will work out overall.
Old 2011-08-06, 14:56   Link #798
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

So what if the multiplayer was co-op (that is technically a multiplayer right?)? I wouldn't mind it if it had co-op. God knows how many time I have been frustrated at party member running around shooting in the middle of the field with no cover.
Old 2011-08-06, 15:22   Link #799
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larthak View Post
Multiplayer? The hell is this?

Seriously, the best they could do is make a Gears of War: Mass Effect edition with the new cover mechanics they promote. Just take a few larger singleplayer maps, add a few spawn points, ...really, Bioware? This makes me laugh hard.

On the other hand, if it's real, it might be fun in the end. All the weapons, biotic powers and stuff...singleplayer kinda is a somewhat of a team-deathmatch, if you think about it. Still, what the bloody hell?!
Yo man screw that.

I'm more interested in Hitman: Absolution

Quote:

Why is everyone so into Tali? Never really was interested in her.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 15:50   Link #800
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I'm fully sighed when I read news of the multiplayer.

Honestly mass effect doesn't need it nor have I really seen any fan demand for it.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
effect, games, mass