AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-04-26, 20:15   Link #61
aortax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armando99 View Post
She has the blood of the Koudo clan. She can be considered one of the side families considering her grandfather is the brother of the elder Koudo.

Given that description, she can become a candidate for family head just like the latest two candidates in the Yotsuba clan.
Also given how much Kudou dislikes to see magicians as weapons he might just try to save his brothers grand daughter. He can go that route also.
aortax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-26, 22:12   Link #62
Armando99

Exactly! Another to consider is bringing back "Parade", which is their clan's magic, back to Japan.
Armando99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-26, 22:27   Link #63
aortax

Quote:
Exactly! Another to consider is bringing back "Parade", which is their clan's magic, back to Japan.
I think this might only happen if Minorou dies though or Yatsuba gain even more power somehow.
Old 2015-04-26, 22:42   Link #64
Armando99

Quote:
Originally Posted by aortax View Post
I think this might only happen if Minorou dies though or Yatsuba gain even more power somehow.
Remember, Minoru is not going to live past twenty.

The clan will need a powerful heir by then.
Old 2015-04-27, 05:38   Link #65
Jiminy

1. If you want to risk a major diplomatic crisis with the most powerful nation in Mahouka you may try but the government and the other 27 Clans would most probably intervene and I doubt Koudu is still strong enough to resist against everyone else.

2. The Yotsubas relationship with house Koudu isn't really good. And most importantly they care only for themselves. To take such a big risk without getting an even bigger benefit? No the Yotsubas are not that dumb. At least not as long as Maya is still in charge,

3. I doubt Lina is really a member of house Koudu. She belongs to the Shields family and is only related to the Koudus. Unlike the Fouchibayashi, the Shields , if I'm right, is a powerful family in the USNA. For example if someone from House Bernadotte (Swedish royalty) would marry into house Windsor then in no way would the Bernadottes become a branch family of House Windsor. Moreover Linas name is Angelina Shields. She added the Koudu only for her visit in Japan I think.

4. The USNA will NEVER allow a Strategic Class Mage to leave just to take over some clan in an "allied"/rivalling country. You should ignore the Japanese perspective here. All that matters is what the USNA are planing for her. Magicians are property. The wishes of house Koudu in this matter can be classified as daydreaming. What they want with her does not matter because the Koudus are too weak to enforce it. Not against such opponents and not in the "current" diplomatic environment.

5. I doubt Lina would want to become Head of a MC. She doesn't know any Koudus. She isn't trained to take this job. Moreover I wouldn't want to risk so much in order to leave a prison just to enter another one. The job description of a head-commander of stars and the head of a 10MC is much too similar.

6. The part about Minoru not living very long isn't certain yet. Tatsuyas diagnosis might lead to a treatment. And even more important than that: there are other kids of house Koudu who have precedence over him and they will claim their right believe me.

I want Lina to return but not like that.

Last edited by Jiminy; 2015-04-27 at 08:23.
Jiminy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-27, 06:52   Link #66
ProxyAccount

My theory is that Shiva... err, Shiba Tatsuya will create a necklace or bracelet (modified CAD?) for Nandi... err, Kudou Minoru to help 'bleed off' his excess Psyons like a pressure valve.
ProxyAccount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-27, 17:45   Link #67
somerand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiminy View Post
1. If you want to risk a major diplomatic crisis with the most powerful nation in Mahouka you may try but the government and the other 27 Clans would most probably intervene and I doubt Koudu is still strong enough to resist against everyone else.

2. The Yotsubas relationship with house Koudu isn't really good. And most importantly they care only for themselves. To take such a big risk without getting an even bigger benefit? No the Yotsubas are not that dumb. At least not as long as Maya is still in charge,

3. I doubt Lina is really a member of house Koudu. She belongs to the Shields family and is only related to the Koudus. Unlike the Fouchibayashi, the Shields , if I'm right, is a powerful family in the USNA. For example if someone from House Bernadotte (Swedish royalty) would marry into house Windsor then in no way would the Bernadottes become a branch family of House Windsor. Moreover Linas name is Angelina Shields. She added the Koudu only for her visit in Japan I think.

4. The USNA will NEVER allow a Strategic Class Mage to leave just to take over some clan in an "allied"/rivalling country. You should ignore the Japanese perspective here. All that matters is what the USNA are planing for her. Magicians are property. The wishes of house Koudu in this matter can be classified as daydreaming. What they want with her does not matter because the Koudus are too weak to enforce it. Not against such opponents and not in the "current" diplomatic environment.

5. I doubt Lina would want to become Head of a MC. She doesn't know any Koudus. She isn't trained to take this job. Moreover I wouldn't want to risk so much in order to leave a prison just to enter another one. The job description of a head-commander of stars and the head of a 10MC is much too similar.

6. The part about Minoru not living very long isn't certain yet. Tatsuyas diagnosis might lead to a treatment. And even more important than that: there are other kids of house Koudu who have precedence over him and they will claim their right believe me.

I want Lina to return but not like that.
Tatsuya called out to Lina instead.
"Is there something else?"
From her words alone it could be interpreted that Lina was still annoyed, but her voice was not as sullen as her words.
The air of being cornered a while ago had disappeared.
"If you wish to retire from the Stars......"
"Eh?"
"If you ever wish to quit being a soldier, I think I could help. No, it's not that I have any power, but there are people I know who could be of service."

""The feelings I have towards Lina are not the kind you think. Bluntly speaking, I simply think it'd be convenient in the future if Lina were to leave the Stars. If possible not just exit the army, but move here. Naturalising as a Japanese citizen would be best." "

Clearly the possibility of Lina naturalising in Japan exsits even if it's difficult. You say that Lina is like "property" but that isn't really the case. From what we have seen in the mahouka world and from what we know of Tatsuya's situation their respective governments can't literally legally force them into the army.

Sure if Lina left she would be under 24/7 surveillance (Or attempted 24/7 surveillance), they may even try to secretly assassinate her but clearly they can't legally force her to remain in the army.

(I'm not saying I think Lina should/could become the next Kudou head, this post is purely addressing the point of "The USNA will never allow it", obviously she could leave the USNA army and naturalise in Japan if she had powerful backing to do so, or at the very least Tatsuya believes she could.)
somerand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-27, 18:59   Link #68
aortax

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerand View Post
Tatsuya called out to Lina instead.
"Is there something else?"
From her words alone it could be interpreted that Lina was still annoyed, but her voice was not as sullen as her words.
The air of being cornered a while ago had disappeared.
"If you wish to retire from the Stars......"
"Eh?"
"If you ever wish to quit being a soldier, I think I could help. No, it's not that I have any power, but there are people I know who could be of service."

""The feelings I have towards Lina are not the kind you think. Bluntly speaking, I simply think it'd be convenient in the future if Lina were to leave the Stars. If possible not just exit the army, but move here. Naturalising as a Japanese citizen would be best." "

Clearly the possibility of Lina naturalising in Japan exsits even if it's difficult. You say that Lina is like "property" but that isn't really the case. From what we have seen in the mahouka world and from what we know of Tatsuya's situation their respective governments can't literally legally force them into the army.

Sure if Lina left she would be under 24/7 surveillance (Or attempted 24/7 surveillance), they may even try to secretly assassinate her but clearly they can't legally force her to remain in the army.

(I'm not saying I think Lina should/could become the next Kudou head, this post is purely addressing the point of "The USNA will never allow it", obviously she could leave the USNA army and naturalise in Japan if she had powerful backing to do so, or at the very least Tatsuya believes she could.)
I think tatsuya meant Kudou as people who can get this done. Kudou often does things like this in the first place and her being part of his family would given him a motive to carry this out. The kudou clan is also kinda desperate right now , so won't be illogical of them trying to help or.
Old 2015-04-27, 19:24   Link #69
Jiminy

Quote:

It's not about leaving the army. It's about leaving the country and that can indeed be enforced. The author repeatedly stated such. I didn't say she can't leave the country either. I just said she will never get the permission to do so. I said this because there were several persons who thought about the possibilities of diplomatic deals. The moment Lina leaves the country (or does not return from a mission abroad) she will have to hide.

@Aortax: No I don't think the Koudus could. They do not hide people for a long time period. And I believe you mix up Yotsubas and Koudus. The Yotsubas are the ones whoi work and live in the shadows and do all kind of shady jobs. At that time Tatsuya could only have meant the Yotsubas or the Army. He simply did not have any other connections that could be of help to her.

Last edited by Jiminy; 2015-04-27 at 19:40.
Old 2015-04-27, 19:49   Link #70
aortax

Quote:
It's not about leaving the army. It's about leaving the country and that can indeed be enforced. The author repeatedly stated such. I didn't say she can't leave the country either. I just said she will never get the permission to do so. I said this because there were several persons who thought about the possibilities of diplomatic deals. The moment Lina leaves the country (or does not return from a mission abroad) she will have to hide.

@Aortax: No I don't think the Koudus could. They do not hide people for a long time period. And I believe you mix up Yotsubas and Koudus. The Yotsubas are the ones whoi work and live in the shadows and do all kind of shady jobs. At that time Tatsuya could only have meant the Yotsubas or the Army. He simply did not have any other connections that could be of help to her.
I mean the only people who can really gain is kudou. I think we are all talking about different things though overall.
Old 2015-04-27, 20:40   Link #71
somerand

Quote:

Tatsuya clearly seems to think that she would be able to naturalise in Japan with support, so obviously she can. It would probably be faced with difficulties but its obviously possible if Tatsuya says she can and offers the option to her.
somerand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-27, 21:48   Link #72
Armando99

Exactly. Tatsuya will not offer someone something if he thinks it has a high degree of failure. We all know that he is a very meticulous person. I believe he seriously thought about this before even telling Lina about it.

Besides, there is a possibility that the USNA already suspect Tatsuya as the one who did the "Scorched Halloween" deed. If he comes out in the open to support Lina, will the USNA want to make Tatsuya their enemy?

Last edited by Armando99; 2015-04-27 at 22:38.
Old 2015-04-27, 22:15   Link #73
aortax

Quote:
Exactly. Tatsuya will not offer someone something if he thinks it has a high degree of failure. We all know that the is a very meticulous person. I believe he seriously thought about this before even telling Lina about it.

Besides, there is a possibility that the USNA already suspect Tatsuya as the one who did the "Scorched Halloween" deed. If he comes out in the open to support Lina, will the USNA want to make Tatsuya their enemy?

Tatsuya as someone said before can get it done with Lina's' cooperation by faking death. Parade and regrowth are pretty good magics probably for this. I was saying if they made the world think shes alive and all it won't work out.
Old 2015-04-27, 22:50   Link #74
Armando99

That would be a very unwholesome way to live, always hiding or in disguise.

Maybe she should just stay with the siblings so Tatsuya can protect her as well. He can make it so it's like Miyuki. His eyes will always be on her, just like with Miyuki.

The assassins can then try to kill her at their own peril.
Old 2015-04-28, 04:35   Link #75
Jiminy

Quote:
That would be a very unwholesome way to live, always hiding or in disguise.

Maybe she should just stay with the siblings so Tatsuya can protect her as well. He can make it so it's like Miyuki. His eyes will always be on her, just like with Miyuki.

The assassins can then try to kill her at their own peril.
That's more or less the Yotsuba Way of Life, isn't it? And the life she has now is not that much different either. Doesn't matter which path she chooses she will always live in disguise. (as long as she doesn't go public, but that would definitely destroy her live) The main difference is whether she's forced to kill people or not. Faking her death and afterwards being protected and hidden by ... (let's say) the Yotsubas offers her at least a remote chance to live an ordinary live.

Quote:
Tatsuya clearly seems to think that she would be able to naturalise in Japan with support, so obviously she can. It would probably be faced with difficulties but its obviously possible if Tatsuya says she can and offers the option to her.
I always thought so too. I just said that her superiors will never allow it, therefore if she wants to leave she may have to betray them and run away. Maybe I said it wrong or not clear enough in my previous posts - Sorry for that
Old 2015-04-28, 08:11   Link #76
ProxyAccount

It depends upon the future and the state of relations between the USNA and Japan. Remember, they have student exchanges, so things are still fairly friendly. Should the time come when it's no longer necessary to have Magicians be weapons, the military's grip on strategic Magicians might loosen.
ProxyAccount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-28, 14:50   Link #77
aortax

Their is one thing that I always thought about Lina. How the heck did she become "sirius" at such a young age. I know she is the strongest , but like how was she trained. Is their a formal battle and all to become "Sirius" or they do it by activation speed or sc magic.
Old 2015-04-28, 16:07   Link #78
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by aortax View Post
Their is one thing that I always thought about Lina. How the heck did she become "sirius" at such a young age. I know she is the strongest , but like how was she trained. Is their a formal battle and all to become "Sirius" or they do it by activation speed or sc magic.
IIRC she was essentially forced into the title. She was basically just good at magic, it was stated that she had done flight training and similar things.
Anymore info hasn't been necessarily given imo.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-29, 00:31   Link #79
Ultragunner

^ yeah, we kinda knew that, but why on earth does the USNA put her in one of the most crucial leading role within their army? They could have done what Japan did with Tatsuya, incorporate Lina into one of special ops, gave a "special" title with "special" misson, just don't let her bear the burden of being a highly ranked military officer (yet)
Old 2015-04-29, 02:12   Link #80
Armando99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
^ yeah, we kinda knew that, but why on earth does the USNA put her in one of the most crucial leading role within their army? They could have done what Japan did with Tatsuya, incorporate Lina into one of special ops, gave a "special" title with "special" misson, just don't let her bear the burden of being a highly ranked military officer (yet)
Exactly! That is the main reason why Tatsuya asked her if she wanted to come to Japan, permanently.

Based on his observation and interaction with her, she is just so lacking in real life experience for someone her age. For Tatsuya, that was incomprehensible.

It seems from this arc that our man has some fairly "good" feelings for her. imo