AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-03-06, 22:23   Link #961
Key Board
Carbon

Kurumi and Saki will save them all

::wonders how many people will get the reference::
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 22:36   Link #962
Kipp
Uncertainty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Kipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 22:39   Link #963
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipp View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-07, 04:11   Link #964
Barbka

what is that last scene in the long preview: Kuu with a wedding vail on the head or something?
Barbka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-07, 04:35   Link #965
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuki-Miko-14 View Post

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-07, 09:56   Link #966
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Kurumi and Saki will save them all

::wonders how many people will get the reference::
You know, when Kyoshiro told Kuu about the incidents regarding his brother and AAs, I though this series was far more related to Steel Angel Kurumi than to Kannazuki no Miko.

Now, with the recent developments, I realize this show could be (and maybe it is) a direct sequel to SAK.

Spoiler for SAK and recent episodes of KtTnS:

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2007-03-07 at 10:49.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-07, 12:35   Link #967
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-08, 01:08   Link #968
Kyanme
suzuya_luvrx666

Send a message via AIM to Kyanme Send a message via MSN to Kyanme
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
So basically you want him to throw himself in front of a bus or do some other similar dangerous act of self-sacrifice in order to save someone before he redeems himself.
I don't think that's what Kazu-kun meant. I think he meant "save someone ELSE ASIDE from Kuu to redeem himself." There's a difference between self-sacrification and rescue, you know. (Or perhaps it was worded bad. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall
What the heck has a viewers ability to sympathize with a character has to do with him being a good/bad guy or not ?
Depending on the person's views, A LOT. Call me odd, but always sypmathize with the good guys. I feel BAD for the person who mourns a partner's passing - which is extremely rare for 'the bad guys'. I sympathize with the girl in love with a guy who doesn't love her back, but is still able to give up everything for him - which is rare for 'the bad guys'. Normally; the girl would want to force the buy to fall in love with her, of course, if the's a 'bad girl'.

I can't sympathize with the girl who forces her rule on everyone. I can't feel bad for the guy who views his partner's death as a 'casuality' and nothing more. I just can't. Again, call me odd, but it's just me.

tumblr | i don't have any other links to post here, whoops
Kyanme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-08, 01:39   Link #969
Kipp
Uncertainty

Spoiler for episode 10:
Old 2007-03-08, 02:07   Link #970
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyanme View Post
Depending on the person's views, A LOT. Call me odd, but always sypmathize with the good guys. I feel BAD for the person who mourns a partner's passing - which is extremely rare for 'the bad guys'. I sympathize with the girl in love with a guy who doesn't love her back, but is still able to give up everything for him - which is rare for 'the bad guys'. Normally; the girl would want to force the buy to fall in love with her, of course, if the's a 'bad girl'.

I can't sympathize with the girl who forces her rule on everyone. I can't feel bad for the guy who views his partner's death as a 'casuality' and nothing more. I just can't. Again, call me odd, but it's just me.
I understand what you are saying, but that was not exactly my point Of course, most of the time i sympathize with "the good Guys"and i don't like "the bad guys", but that is not exclusively true for all occasions. Also, just because a person is not a saint and behaves in a questionable manner does not make him a "bad guy" out right. And deducting whether the guy is good or bad based on my ability to sympathize with him/her wouldn't make for a very accurate judgment

Lets take Fate from Nanoha series.
Spoiler:

The situation with Kyoshiro is similar to a degree(basing his actions in order to carry out the "will" of his closest family member). And while i am not sympathizing with him out right, calling him a bad guy is a streeeeeetch.

Again - concluding that a character is "bad" simply because i don't sympathize with him is not very objective, because that would make Kira(GS/GSD) the biggest bastard in the universe, because my grandest wish was for him to die.
Old 2007-03-08, 02:30   Link #971
Kyanme
suzuya_luvrx666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipp View Post
Spoiler for episode 10:
Spoiler:

Quote:
I understand what you are saying, but that was not exactly my point Of course, most of the time i sympathize with "the good Guys"and i don't like "the bad guys", but that is not exclusively true for all occasions. Also, just because a person is not a saint and behaves in a questionable manner does not make him a "bad guy" out right. And deducting whether the guy is good or bad based on my ability to sympathize with him/her wouldn't make for a very accurate judgment

Lets take Fate from Nanoha series.
Spoiler:

The situation with Kyoshiro is similar to a degree(basing his actions in order to carry out the "will" of his closest family member). And while i am not sympathizing with him out right, calling him a bad guy is a streeeeeetch.

Again - concluding that a character is "bad" simply because i don't sympathize with him is not very objective, because that would make Kira(GS/GSD) the biggest bastard in the universe, because my grandest wish was for him to die.
Well, see, I was saying more over it's makes them a bad guy to that person. I don't mean bad guy - bad guy in this case, more like bad character. (Before I was going on and on about how I sympathize with certain characters.) To them, they're the antagonist of the show. It depends their own personal views. For example, a lot of people (Myself included) would drop this show if Kaon and Himiko were not in it. I'm not interested in Kuu or Kyoshiro, or Taroutte or anyone else prsent in the cast. Setsuna? Yes. But I'd get along fine with fanfiction. If Kaon and Himiko were not present, this series just wouldn't be worth it for me.

In the end, what I was tryin' to say was - depending on the person, they'll either find the character to be a bad guy or a good guy. The cases of Fate and Kyoshiro are hard to classify - since well, yes, they need to be punished for the bad deeds they did. It's a bad deed. It's needed to be punished. There's no excuse for wanting to kill someone (Referring to Kyoshiro). The only way for him to redeem himself is to try to save the AAs now and prove his view has changed. His heart was in the right place, and maybe it's the just sadist in me, but when someone does like that, I'd rather like to see a nice dose of justice either way.

Old 2007-03-08, 12:20   Link #972
Aurelia aurita
???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyanme View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Now for more on the episode preview:
Spoiler:
Aurelia aurita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-08, 12:41   Link #973
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Densetsu Tsubasa View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-08, 13:52   Link #974
Kyanme
suzuya_luvrx666

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

@ Tsuki-no-miko: Shoujoai.com should actually be up again soon. Give sec a few days, a week at most. The fourm might be up by Friday.

Old 2007-03-08, 14:49   Link #975
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
but this is all after kazuya showed up...i bet that before kazuya and his badass attitude showed up 99% of people here were actually starting to dislike kyoshiro for the way he thinks ~ ofc now knowing the situation our opinions have changed (which is what the writers wanted all along ~ dam i dont like playing into someone else's hand )

Quote:
Spoiler:
and who are they? taking a guess i bet its not characters from this series XD

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-08, 15:02   Link #976
Kyanme
suzuya_luvrx666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
and who are they? taking a guess i bet its not characters from this series XD
Both Touga and Akio are from the animanga series Revolutionary Girl Utena, which the translation of Shoujo Kakumei Utena. Touga is a playboy with a dramatic backflare. A pretty boy who's very popular with the girls. Akio is the same - though he is a bit more ... 'crazy'? XD

Old 2007-03-08, 16:38   Link #977
Aurelia aurita
???

Also, Touga has bright red hair like Kazuya. Akio/Dios has purply-white hair. Touga and Akio both pretended to be Utena's prince, but Dios is the real one (confusing I know). They're both really dramatic, complete with all the hilarious poses.
Saionji's personality is like Kyoshiro's, but he's got long, wavy green hair.

Any guesses for the ending? There are only three episodes to wrap everything up, plus at least one episode of plain Kyoshiro angst.

On the main website, there are details for the third DVD special, which is coming out in June. It's Kuu's observation logbook on Setsuna...and it shows how she saw how kindly Kyoshiro was treating Kuu, so she imitated.
Spoiler for Setsuna acting like Kuu:
Aurelia aurita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-08, 17:15   Link #978
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Any guesses for the ending? There are only three episodes to wrap everything up, plus at least one episode of plain Kyoshiro angst.
I think we will be getting a happy end with "happily ever after", at least as far as Kuu and Kyoshiro are concerned.

Kazuya will get his arse handed to him one way or another (Perhaps his source of infinite mana gets cut off because he forgot to pay the bills for past few years )

Setsuna might not make it - i can see her sacrificing herself to save Kyoshiro/Kuu or to destroy Kazuya. But i am not sure how would Setsuna continue to live if she survives... I don't think she would be very happy to hang around Kuu and Kyoshiro, with the two of them acting lovestruck and all.

Though i could see Waruteishia turning against Kazuya at some point. I am almost 100% sure she won't be making it.

The bishie squad will turn out to be evil and will get their behinds toasted as well

Well... thats more or less my take. OR we could get the part where Kazuya succeeds in merging the AAs together (would make for a nice cliffhanger), but the end result turns out to be something that hates him. And Kazuya goes down from a heart attack because his beloved Cielo hates him (Or Cielo simply blasts him to moon and then some) ... and after the big fight Cielo splits up in to separate AAs again and every one lives happily ever after...sort off

Old 2007-03-08, 19:17   Link #979
Kipp
Uncertainty

Quote:
I think we will be getting a happy end with "happily ever after", at least as far as Kuu and Kyoshiro are concerned.

Kazuya will get his arse handed to him one way or another (Perhaps his source of infinite mana gets cut off because he forgot to pay the bills for past few years )

Setsuna might not make it - i can see her sacrificing herself to save Kyoshiro/Kuu or to destroy Kazuya. But i am not sure how would Setsuna continue to live if she survives... I don't think she would be very happy to hang around Kuu and Kyoshiro, with the two of them acting lovestruck and all.

Though i could see Waruteishia turning against Kazuya at some point. I am almost 100% sure she won't be making it.

The bishie squad will turn out to be evil and will get their behinds toasted as well

Well... thats more or less my take. OR we could get the part where Kazuya succeeds in merging the AAs together (would make for a nice cliffhanger), but the end result turns out to be something that hates him. And Kazuya goes down from a heart attack because his beloved Cielo hates him (Or Cielo simply blasts him to moon and then some) ... and after the big fight Cielo splits up in to separate AAs again and every one lives happily ever after...sort off

I'm sad there was no Kaon/Himiko conclusion included in this.

Tsk...
Old 2007-03-08, 19:26   Link #980
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Well... thats mostly because i couldn't care less about them in all honesty I am interested in the Kuu/Setsuna/Kyoshiro/Kazuya/Waruteishia bit. The whole Kaon/Himiko/Mika thing seemed very uninteresting to me. Their side of story was the same stuff over and over again, until the very end. It just failed to grab my attention. I am more interested to see what happens to Tarlotte/Sojiro... though i am drawing blank when it comes to predicting their fate

Tags
action, fantasy, kaishaku, romance, shounen