AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2010-11-11, 20:26   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Fairy Tail - Spoilers & Speculation (for experienced Fairy Tail readers only)

This thread is for the experienced Fairy Tail viewer (i.e. those of you who are familiar with potentially all the light novels / manga), its purpose is to allow free discussion of theories and speculation over the Fairy Tail anime series, it therefore will contain unmarked spoilers. If you are a light novel / manga virgin of Fairy Tail, then do not read this thread unless you want to be spoiled (use the First Time Viewers thread instead).

Since posters are expected to be familiar with the light novel / manga, there is no real need for spoiler tags, but feel free to include them if you so wish.

Adding a Spoiler tag:
Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
Make sure that you include a title that clearly identifies the specific source of the spoiler!

Finally, please remain on-topic and do not use this thread if it's just discussion about the current or previous anime episodes. Also remember that this isn't a light novel / manga discussion thread, if you do want to discuss the light novel then please use the existing thread.
Old 2010-11-12, 12:37   Link #2
larethian

Given that Lucy already has 9 zodiac gold keys, she could possibly collect all 12 before Fairy Tail ends, and become the strongest / greatest Stellar Spirit Mage of all times. It was mentioned that Lucy lacks magic power to summon too many spirits and I think (not too sure) that the spirits' powers are also correlated to her magic power. Which means she could easily become an S-class mage now if she has the magic power. Wonder how she's going to gain this magic power...
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 18:01   Link #3
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Rather than lacking, people constantly seem to praise Lucy's power. During Loke's arc she summoned all her spirits at once, surprising both him and the king himself, after all.

But yeah, Lucy's very rapidly on her way to joining the ranks of the strongest mages.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 03:28   Link #4
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Lucy's a victim of plot-dumb ( niceness ), more than anything else.

Loke can summon himself for a sustainable amount of time while not losing any or much battle strength. Gemini allows her to copy 2 mages for 5 minutes, have their powers and memories at the moment of copy.

These 2 alone means Lucy is a fighting force worth of 4, since even against a weaker opponent, Gemini can just copy Lucy for a double Celestial Mage summoning action. If only she was half as smart as Angel, she'd be up there along with Fried and base!Natsu as the 'just below S-class.'

As for Lucy's mana pool, it's actually praised, not looked down upon. Apparently most Celestial mages can only summon one a time. Lucy and Angel can manage sustaining 2 at the same time while still being able to fight with them. Plus Lucy summoned 3-4 consecutively against Angel, and still has enough mana to use a high level spell.

At times, it's hard to really gauge Lucy's strength properly. Virgo, whose ugly gorilla form actually managed to wrestle with Natsu for a bit, is sometimes 'lol useless fanservice spirit' and other times, strong in using her digging ability against enemies like Byro. Plus the rest of her spirits not named Loke and Aquarius are kinda under-used seriously, despite them supposed to get stronger as Lucy does as well.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 14:34   Link #5
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Have to agree with what's been said about Lucy. She's technically got a lot of power, not only with her spirits (and possible intelligent use of them), but she's skilled with that whip, too. So she pretty much has to be kept dumb in order to manage that power level.

One particular thing I thought recently, is that there is technically a 13th zodiac sign: Ophiuchus, also known as Serpentarius. It might be an interesting trick to pull, having Luzy discover the 13th key after she gets the other 12.

But yeah, she's been shown to be getting stronger, too, with being able to summon more and more spirits at a time. If she ever gets to a point where she can bring out all 12, she'll be a serious threat.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 15:15   Link #6
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

If she does get that crazy powerful then she'll be a shoo-in for not only S-rank but a contender for the top.

Hnn, I think that maybe, just maybe, Lucy might end up with the title of 'Master of Fairy Tail' when it's all said and done? I don't think Natsu can take it - he's a DS and they have just one purpose with their magic. Ezra...she's the most likely to take it but right now, I don't think she wants it - especially since Jellal's locked up somewhere and most likely will be broken out sometime in the future, settle down and whatnot. It's going to happen, I just know it - his expy didn't fair all too well in Rave Master so Jellal most likely has a happy end waiting for him.

Gildartz, as badassed as he is, I don't think he'll take it either.

In all honestly, Mirajane should have it, she practically runs the guild as is.
Old 2010-11-13, 16:13   Link #7
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Lucy might end up with the title of 'Master of Fairy Tail' when it's all said and done?
Most likely, at least in my book...the manga started with her joining the guild, might as well end with her at the very top.
Quote:
Mirajane should have it, she practically runs the guild as is.
This is my close second, but I think she's better as a guild mod rather than admin Gildartz is usually away, so he doesn't fit to be leader unless he decides to stick around for a long time, Natsu is out of the question (mainly because I think he will someday turn into a dragon...can you imagine a guild with a dragon master? ). As to why I'd think that...well, that's a story for another day~
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 18:18   Link #8
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Not to mention that FT has 3 out of 7 DS that are available. If they really will turn into Dragons, that will suck, especially for Wendy. Now that I know how she'll look when she grows up, I don't want her to leave!!!

But I do want to see this before all is said and done: Ezra and Mirajane - back-to-back badassery.
Old 2010-11-13, 22:17   Link #9
larethian

Didn't Makarov said that Erza is a candidate for taking over the guild but she's too young or something? To think that Lucy will become master, that's kinda far-fetched ain't it? Plus it seems like Lucy has some connection with the king of stellar spirits. Hmm, maybe she can summon him once per day after getting all 12 zodiac keys
Old 2010-11-13, 22:37   Link #10
tarachi
Observer

I wonder if FT will be expanded that there are "special" keys aside the gold zodiac keys.
tarachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 00:01   Link #11
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Didn't Makarov said that Erza is a candidate for taking over the guild but she's too young or something? To think that Lucy will become master, that's kinda far-fetched ain't it? Plus it seems like Lucy has some connection with the king of stellar spirits. Hmm, maybe she can summon him once per day after getting all 12 zodiac keys
Makarov said Erza is to strict and young but she is a candidate to take over the guild. I think Gil. has a shot too since he seems he is in fairy tails now but I hope Erza will take over in the end.

Lucy will not be master. That's too hard to believe.

I'm hoping Laxus will help them in the future though. Maybe after the master dies or something he will return.
Old 2010-11-14, 00:23   Link #12
Kaijo
Banned

As much as I like Lucy, I don't think she'll be leader of the guild. At least, not with a "far into the future" type of epilogue. I think the real ending will show Lucy getting a new mage into Fairy Tail, similar to the way Natsu did for her.
Old 2010-11-14, 01:39   Link #13
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
As much as I like Lucy, I don't think she'll be leader of the guild. At least, not with a "far into the future" type of epilogue. I think the real ending will show Lucy getting a new mage into Fairy Tail, similar to the way Natsu did for her.
That would be a good end especially if she's already a very powerful and famous mage.
Old 2010-11-14, 01:47   Link #14
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

She will be by the end of it all, of that I am sure of.

Although, I'm wondering where, at the very least, is the Water Dragon DS and the Earth Dragon DS. I want to see Natsu go up against his natural DS opposite here...^_^
Old 2010-11-14, 11:45   Link #15
Kaijo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
She will be by the end of it all, of that I am sure of.

Although, I'm wondering where, at the very least, is the Water Dragon DS and the Earth Dragon DS. I want to see Natsu go up against his natural DS opposite here...^_^
Might not be one. Since we have a metal dragon and a black dragon, that throws the idea of 4 elemental dragons out of whack. In some eastern philosophies, metal is one of the elements, but that's also along with wood and lightning.

And remember, although Laxus was lightning, he was a fake DS, with the other fake DS being poison.

Though that brings up an interesting point; the other dragons seemingly disappeared, but the black dragon is still around. What "element" might he be? Why is he still in the world? Does that mean he's a bad dragon that the other DS's will have to face?
Old 2010-11-14, 12:23   Link #16
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
What "element" might he be? Why is he still in the world? Does that mean he's a bad dragon that the other DS's will have to face?
I'm guessing "darkness", to have crippled Gildartz like that and only taking a moment, I assume it has the same powers as the Zeref-for-now, and that he is the respective DS. Eating death would be quite an interesting addition to his powers too...
Quote:
And remember, although Laxus was lightning, he was a fake DS, with the other fake DS being poison.
Fair point, although Mashima hasn't kept his previous elemental circle from RAVE...then again, having a dragon made of Etherion and eating magic is quite feasible in a world where magic is commonplace.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 21:09   Link #17
larethian

Mashima's poor planning

I've never really taken note of plot holes or poor planning and stuff like that in fairy tail until Lisanna got "resurrected", not that I'm complaining about getting to see Lisanna in future arcs though. But lately, I've been flipping randomly through my manga, especially relating to the current anime arc, and all these stuff start to jump out at me, and bring me alot of questions...

Just on the top of my mind, in Nirvana arc, Racer was asked to bring Jellal's body back because he's the fastest. Now we all know that Racer's magic is to slow the people around him, so does that mean the rest of Oracion doesn't know that?

Wendy eats air. Doesn't that mean, unless the opponent actively removes air from the surroundings or trap her in a vacuum, Wendy is like "immortal", since she can always recover or power up by eating the air around her?
Old 2010-11-15, 22:24   Link #18
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Maybe when she's older and gets a bit of that good ol' Determinator quality like Natsu-niichan. But in my opinion, she's still too NICE to pratically use the combative aspects of air or even think of some creative ways to apply it. Theoretically, she can create concussion waves, vaccum blades, sonic booms, twisters...all of that. She'd be an unstoppable monster.

And of course, the only one who could remove air, or at least make it 'dead' is Zeref...
Old 2010-11-15, 23:01   Link #19
larethian

another funny thing was that she's supposed to be a healer and using support magic and can't fight according to herself in Nirvana arc, but in the Edolas arc she was clearly fighting. while it was nice and cool to see all 3 DS using their breath weapons, but Mashima's contradictions can be unbearable at times.

and I hope he really explains Levy's magic properly, otherwise, after having see that she can conjure material stuff from words and without limits, I could just think of how overpowered it can be.
Old 2010-11-15, 23:07   Link #20
Kaijo
Banned

She gets more badass in the Edolas arc, especially at the end. But yes, she technically does have the potential to be really bad ass, perhaps more than Natsu or Gajeel. I'm a bit put off they made a young girl the support type among the DS's, but as long as she develops and doesn't remain a damsel in distress, I'll take it.