AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-02-26, 02:47   Link #621
Used Can

I hope these episodes make some translator pick up Ai's manga spin-off.

I think it'd be great to see more of her.
Old 2013-02-26, 13:45   Link #622
EroKing

Old 2013-02-27, 05:18   Link #623
bastek66

bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 06:28   Link #624
EroKing

Images
Nyantype
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-02-28, 23:13   Link #625
sky black swordman

^ (Epic Nossbleed) Ai and Hime in swimsuits!!!

I wonder, who is has the biggest bust out of Mazusu, Ai, and Hime ? Not counting Chiwa for obvious reasons.
Old 2013-03-01, 08:47   Link #626
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Images
Nyantype
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Did Hime receive a massive upgrade in that pic? Not that I'm complain... Her tits simply do not seem so big in the anime.
Old 2013-03-02, 13:06   Link #627
EroKing

Episode 9.

A-chan wins this episode and this series. Best girl in the show!
Old 2013-03-02, 14:03   Link #628
ookamigirl

The hell?!
The whole notebook thing was kinda weird and LOL at the same time.
At least Ai was as delusional as him.
Eita and Ai, yukata and the summer festival fireworks.
She's actually really nice.
Wow, she pretty much confessed to Eita. Not much of a surprise.
This whole situation with fake girlfriends and harem is getting complicated.
Looks like Masuzu's plan to keep the club worked, but they got Ai as a new member.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 14:23   Link #629
HandofFate

Another great Ai episode in Oreshura 09.

Just declare her the winner already and end the series.

Wonder what Kaoru's secret is. Maybe he's the Extra route for Eita, lol.
Old 2013-03-02, 15:12   Link #630
Uberchu

This episode was actually pretty good (the first good one in the series). Was there a different director?
Uberchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 16:27   Link #631
Mentar
Banned

And on to volume 4... ^_^
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 16:38   Link #632
Used Can

I think Ai almost single-handedly saved this anime. Opinions on this show have improved noticeably, and so have the pre-orders (at least on Amazon). 大勝利 indeed.
Well done.
Old 2013-03-02, 16:57   Link #633
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberchu View Post
This episode was actually pretty good (the first good one in the series). Was there a different director?
I liked it, too. But then again, I liked almost every other episode, as well. I'll have to watch again to see if I can see what you see that sets it apart.

In any case, to answer your question, it was directed by Shibata Akihisa, who also directed episode 6. He appears to be a young up-and-comer. His previous work was unspecified production assistance on episodes of FMA2, Ookiku Furikabutte2, and Squid Girl, then directing episodes of Utakoi (1, 6), Girls und Panzer (4, 9), and Sakurasou (15). He also directed a number of episodes of the short-episode web anime Plastic Nee-san.

In the blurb at the top of his twitter feed, he says he is a third-rate episode director with no skill and no sense, who has somehow struggled and survived.

It may be even more significant that this episode was written and storyboarded by the overall director of this series: Kamei Kanta. He storyboarded and directed episode 1. He's a long-time key animator whose only other series-director job was on Usagi Drop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can
I think Ai almost single-handedly saved this anime. Opinions on this show have improved noticeably, and so have the pre-orders (at least on Amazon)....
Ai has intrinsic interest, but the way Kayano Ai has been voicing her adds a lot. I've liked the series all along, but if it's true that Ai has saved it, then perhaps we can say that Kayano Ai saved it? If so, then her value to producers is about to soar.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 17:33   Link #634
Azuma Denton
~AD~

A-chan !!!!
I love that fireworks scene. Eita's expression is pure gold when A-chan give him the marriage registration.

Watch out Masuzu, your position is in danger right now.
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 17:36   Link #635
Mentar
Banned

It was definitely Ai's VA who put her over the top ^_^

And lord knows that "Ai-chan daishouriiiiiiii" has made it's way into my heart. I'll remember this. Regardless of the fact that I'm still hardwired in the Masuzu camp *grins*
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 21:08   Link #636
Used Can

Oh yes, I can definitely agree that Kayanon has done a terrific work with Ai. But I wouldn't give her all the credit, just like I cannot give all the credit to Yukarin for making Masuzu great (at least, for me and those who like her). I think that Kayanon did an amazing job at fleshing out Ai's antics, but Ai was already crazy and with an over-the-top personality.

One of the great things about Ai, the way I see it, is that she and Eita are two sides of the same coin. Both are great students, both have things they devote themselves to, both have delusions, both know how to cook and both have a dark-history diary. The difference lies in that Eita is anti-love, whereas Ai lives up to her name; she's all about love.

She was a very refreshing character for a show that had been carried almost solely by Masuzu, yet these three episodes were all about Ai. She carried the show on her début. This is because she made her connection to the MC likeable - instead of some melodrama - and her gimmicks were extremely fun.

Not hating on Chiwa, but I think that, maybe, and this is purely my opinion, this franchise could have been more popular had the "Osananajimi" on the title referred to Ai. I think she'd make a more interesting and likeable contender for Masuzu, as opposed to the cute, yet bland and boring Chihuahua.
Old 2013-03-02, 21:33   Link #637
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

so now eita got 4 females to deal with & yea ai now wanting eita to stamp for their marriage paper.

give due ai been wait for eita since kindergarden years oh my yea wonder how give ai also in club harem ending is bound to go in.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 22:06   Link #638
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I know the saying usually goes like too much tsun and not enough dere is a bad thing, but these last three episodes involving Fuyumi shows me that an overdrive dere and a paper thin weak tsun doesn't really work either. Just stick to normal dere...

And it seems Eita plays only one card when it comes to 'saving' girls God those chuunibyou moments are embarrassing to look at

But hey, at least the big huge epic shocking revelation plot twist of Fuyumi not actually having a boyfriend was revealed -_- For some reason it really rubbed me the wrong way how she keeps diggin that gave.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 22:21   Link #639
sky black swordman

Great episode, the best one so far IMO.

Truly having Kayano Ai as Fuyuumi Ai's VA was the best move that the producers made since they casted Yukari Tamura as Masuzu.

I found a few of the things written in Ai's diary just so cute. It was hilarious to watch Ai(A chan) chase Eita(Tak kun) to get it back.The fireworks scenes were great and well done. I'm happy for Ai(who looked amazing in her yukata) that she finally got Eita to remember their past and childhood together. Not to mention the marriage agreement between them.

I was a bit surprised that Masuzu(who also looked great in her yukata) demand for a 3 minute long kiss from Eita for spending time with Ai.
"Not bad", is all I can say for Eita's blocking Mazusu's eye poking attack.

I wonder after the last 3 episodes, how many Mazusu fans may jump ship and join the Ai faction?
Old 2013-03-02, 23:53   Link #640
takai
Easy Muffin

The lesson this episode taught us was: Guys don't remember stuff as children, girls. Deal with it.

But seriously, I felt a little bad for Ai when Eita ran away from her. Felt like it ruined her night.

Masuzu at the end was so cute, asking for a kiss. She really is the best girl.

Now that all the girls have finally assembled, the harem antics can truly begin.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, coming of age, harem, romance, school life, shounen