AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-10, 15:26   Link #4761
R.LocK
My turn

Unless we've got another moon-speaker who can prove this assumption wrong or the other way round, it's nothing but empty words. Also, the next chapter might clear up some things so wild theories right now aren't much of help. By the way, for me, Aiwass being Aleister's favorite... doesn't make sense.
Well, whatever.
Oh, wait. Sumeragi-hime! Can you spend a little bit of your time to clarify Gensei's words for us? It's related to the beloved Misaka, after all.
Old 2013-08-10, 15:31   Link #4762
Shadrala
Level 5 Railgun Stalker

Just bunch of more theories and theories... No one actually knows much at this point- that's the whole point of waiting for chap 62 XD Even though it's killing me... >_>

Old 2013-08-10, 15:55   Link #4763
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dKmps View Post
A user in MAL posted this (I don't know if that user is here too, it seems to me that isn't the case) about Gensei's lines that had been discussed so much here.
This is a compilation of various posts.
The part about Aiwass makes a lot of sense if we think about Fiamma's accusations towards Aleister.
Old 2013-08-10, 17:00   Link #4764
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
The part about Aiwass makes a lot of sense if we think about Fiamma's accusations towards Aleister.
Yeah I definitely agree with this...
Spoiler for Wikipedia page explaining the real life Aleister Crowley:
though I am still of course not sure it refers to Aiwass. What I do know is that Aleister is supposed to at least prize Aiwass even if it may not be liking Aiwass...

Though... it seems that
Spoiler for New Testament Volume 6:

I still think that even if we are learning about the Imaginary Number District so early on in railgun (I guess it isn't that early on really...) I doubt we will cover topics such as Aiwass now... I guess Kamachi's pretty much the only person who knows... and we're not probably going to find out until around the 27th... in seventeen days... but I will say that I think that since Railgun manga readers aren't supposed to even know anything about Aleister Crowley yet... at all... it would make no sense if people started talking about Aiwass at this point. Or at least I think so... I feel like the manga would rather try to ease into who Aleister Crowley is and how bad he is slowly rather than using all of the Index knowledge that LN readers have to interpret what is happening... after all... it is supposed to be enjoyable also to railgun manga only readers...

Anyway that's my opinion on this... but I feel like expecting too much prior knowledge of late Index LN's to understand what is happening seems a little silly... because this is technically a different series published by a different company or at least sub-branch of dengeki than Index LN's are... That's something to keep in mind. It has to be a complete story for railgun manga only readers in addition to Index readers... which is hard to do...
Old 2013-08-10, 17:06   Link #4765
Flere821
Lurker

I'm pretty sure Aiwass isn't the one being referred to here, since A) the Chinese version doesn't support that hypothesis, and B) going by Vol19
Spoiler for Vol19:
Old 2013-08-10, 17:48   Link #4766
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
I'm pretty sure Aiwass isn't the one being referred to here, since A) the Chinese version doesn't support that hypothesis, and B) going by Vol19
Spoiler for Vol19:
As to your spoiler... good points. I remember those facts to be true so I'm guessing you are right.

Though... what bothers me at this point is this... We know that Gensei and a lot of other researchers in Academy City have gathered for the sole purpose (supposedly) to create a level 6 that will understand the will of the heavens...

1. What does being more powerful exactly accomplish? I mean power lets you create more technology and resources but I feel like trying to understand God basically means trying to understand how the universe fundamentally works... Does getting a more powerful personal reality somehow enlarge your brain or comprehension of the world? Isn't a personal reality changing the real world into what you want it to be... so wouldn't this not help one understand the universe but rather let one control it?...

2. Seeing that Terestina was fine with destroying AC after even one lvl 6 was achieved... (making a lvl 2 be a lvl 6...) it seems that under the goal of getting a level 6... it seems that for what a level 6 is supposed to be able to do ANY level 6 with any power strong enough would qualify as being able to do the job of what a level 6 is supposed to do in terms of AC's goals...

3. Then assuming #2 is true... would it matter at all if Accelerator versus Mikoto were the ones to be level 6? It shouldn't in terms of being able to achieve what they are supposed to accomplish... it seems that Accelerator reaching level 6 would be faster than Mikoto which is why they picked him... but they had explicitly said that it had been determined that Accelerator was the only level 5 capable of reaching level 6... why is Gensei then trying to make Mikoto undergo a level 6 shift if it was already concluded to be impossible?

4. If it is possible, does this mean that Mikoto as a level 6 would be able to achieve what Accelerator is also supposed to achieve if he became a level 6 or are there differences? But then why destroy the city after achieving your goal (Terestina)...

5. On the other hand... it seems like Terestina had no clue about Gensei's real intentions... she thought that Gensei sought to do something with the crystallized esper essence... but it seemed that he started level upper for a completely different reason... this makes me further question whether Gensei's minor modifications to the crytallized esper essence will come into play later... because it seems like Gensei plans a lot better than her...

These are some questions/points I am wondering about... my conclusions seem reasonable under those hypothetical situations... but it makes me curious... about the answers to the questions...
Old 2013-08-10, 22:28   Link #4767
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
Oh, wait. Sumeragi-hime! Can you spend a little bit of your time to clarify Gensei's words for us? It's related to the beloved Misaka, after all.
Show me the original.
Old 2013-08-11, 01:06   Link #4768
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by dKmps View Post
A user in MAL posted this (I don't know if that user is here too, it seems to me that isn't the case) about Gensei's lines that had been discussed so much here.
This is a compilation of various posts.
Is there the exact chapter in question? So much talk but the actual source is no where to be seen

And yes...that user posts here too
Old 2013-08-11, 02:14   Link #4769
SilverTalon

Pretty sure I can't link to a raw, but here is that entire line:
Bubble 1: 第一候補の影に隠れた統括理事長のお気に入り
Bubble 2: その眠れる力を覚醒させる起爆剤に使うのはどうだろう
Bubble 3: 御坂君の身体を器にしてね
Bubble 4: さあ実験をはじめよう

Edit: Missed the one at the end:
御坂君は天上の意思にたどり着けるかな?

Though no 'moon speaker' is going to be able to 'prove' anything. The original is just super vague (partially because its not entirely clear who he is talking to), and by that I mean which section refers to which person as the japanese itself is straightforward. Personally, I think it being Aiwass is the craziest idea yet because when he was summoned, that was what put the strain on the network that Accel was trying to fix at the end of the OT right? But there weren't any problems with it until Fuze which is after this.

Also that guy pointing out the two different kanji for level 6, do they actually use zettainouryokusha for level 6 anywhere? They do use it in the 'level 6 shift' but that is actually a single 'term' 「絶対能力進化」so that could just be the kanji referring to that project. Are those kanji used ever to specifically refer to a level 6 outside the context of the 'level 6 shift'?

Last edited by SilverTalon; 2013-08-11 at 02:36.
Old 2013-08-11, 03:26   Link #4770
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Can't really tell anything from just those lines.

In fact, I am pretty sure just this chapter alone won't tell much

天上の意思にたどり着けるかな is similar to the definition of SYSTEM though

Whether it is an attempt at making an AIM Angel or Level 6...at least it should be quite clear it's something pertaining to something on the divine level

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2013-08-11 at 03:39.
Old 2013-08-11, 03:50   Link #4771
SilverTalon

Yeah, exactly. JS06's translation didn't leave anything out so I don't know what he was expecting.

And your point about that sounding like SYSTEM is exactly why I was wondering if 絶対能力 is used to refer to a level 6 not counting 絶対能力進化 which doesn't refer to a person or level so much as a project. The furigana for 天上の意思 specifically says exactly 'level 6' and is clearly used in reference to an individual esper where as the other doesn't.
Old 2013-08-11, 06:38   Link #4772
Sumeragi
Banned

Looking at the original, Gensei is using Misaka-kun's body to trigger the awakening of a sleeping power that is a/the favorite of the General Superintendent which hides in the shadows of the "main plan". Basically, Mikoto is nothing but a tool in order for Gensei to achieve whatever he is trying to achieve.
Old 2013-08-11, 06:41   Link #4773
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

...So in other words, did people here just wasted days arguing over some non-existent secret meaning ?
Old 2013-08-11, 06:42   Link #4774
Sumeragi
Banned

Basically yes.
Old 2013-08-11, 06:43   Link #4775
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Delicious
Old 2013-08-11, 06:59   Link #4776
Sumeragi
Banned

Supernatural Allure

This scene is just..... this is why I love Mikoto.
Old 2013-08-11, 07:03   Link #4777
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Looking at the original, Gensei is using Misaka-kun's body to trigger the awakening of a sleeping power that is a/the favorite of the General Superintendent which hides in the shadows of the "main plan". Basically, Mikoto is nothing but a tool in order for Gensei to achieve whatever he is trying to achieve.
so we still don't know what gensei's true plan is,, but since misaka is considered a tool and the awakening part of it, we could assume that the plan might be connected to awakening or a divine power, but not the divine itself. since its not divine power itself i find it interesting what would be his true plan is

he is becoming like aizen ehhh
Old 2013-08-11, 07:42   Link #4778
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTalon View Post
Yeah, exactly. JS06's translation didn't leave anything out so I don't know what he was expecting.

And your point about that sounding like SYSTEM is exactly why I was wondering if 絶対能力 is used to refer to a level 6 not counting 絶対能力進化 which doesn't refer to a person or level so much as a project. The furigana for 天上の意思 specifically says exactly 'level 6' and is clearly used in reference to an individual esper where as the other doesn't.
It very looks to be SYSTEM though...considering the reference to Accelerator (Aleister's main plan) and Gensei's attempt to wake it, even if you ignore the "ultimate power" label
Old 2013-08-11, 09:31   Link #4779
R.LocK
My turn

...Here go any theories about Aleister being Mother Hen for Mikoto~ It was fun, at least.
Old 2013-08-11, 10:56   Link #4780
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Supernatural Allure

This scene is just..... this is why I love Mikoto.
Because of her suffering? @_@;

You are quite the S, Sumeryan.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen