AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-10-17, 06:39   Link #341
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^
Where ironically he looks similar to the designs of Dante all through out the DMC games.
Old 2010-11-16, 08:11   Link #342
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

Devil May Cry 5

video

Quote:
The next installment of the multi-million selling Devil May Cry franchise, DmC sees Capcom collaborating with UK based Ninja Theory to explore new frontiers for the series. DmC is in development for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation 3.

From its debut on PlayStation 2 in 2001, the Devil May Cry series has been synonymous with stylish action, rewarding combat and a brash, smart-talking protagonist. This ‘Devil May Cry DNA’ remains but is now injected with a dark and brutal gameplay that promises to redefine the franchise.

Set against a contemporary backdrop, DmC will depict a duplicitous world where nothing is ever as it seems and the line between good and evil is constantly blurred. Spurred into action by the promises of a trusted relation, Dante bursts into this world intent on revenge at any cost. DmC will retain the series’ signature mix of sword and gunplay but add additional weapons, all new powers and a revitalised gameplay system as players encounter the game’s devilish mix of enemies and navigate the rich, interactive environment.

A true collaboration, DmC sees the team at Ninja Theory joined by key staff from Capcom’s R&D division. Creative direction for the title will be undertaken by Ninja Theory’s Tameem Antoniades and overseen by Hedeaki Itsuno, who has worked on all previous titles in the series. DmC is being co-produced by Capcom’s Japanese and North American development operations.

Last edited by Justice Knight; 2010-11-16 at 11:16.
Justice Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-16, 08:21   Link #343
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Knight View Post
how do i embed video in this forum??

video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzQPZ...layer_embedded
*watches as the internet implodes on it self as the millions of people scream* "EMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" not knowing them self what emo really means anymore*

sorry theres already a thread for "DMC" altho it doesnt have a very nice title name.
Old 2010-11-16, 08:53   Link #344
jonli
JONLIの憂'

^ The redesign of Dante doesn't really bother me as much as it bothers other fans. I realize though that the top of his hair is turning white, and since this is an origin story we're probably going to see how "emo Dante" turns into our "normal Dante". Also ignoring the skinny scrawny look he's still got Dante's swave.

What I'm worried about however...is that Ninja Theory isn't exactly a great developer. I hyped myself up with Enslaved, bought it, not very happy with it. It breaks new ground for facial animation, and it's a welcome thing to the industry, but everything else is average or below average. This REALLY WORRIES me since DMC is all about gameplay. I'm happy that they want to add a non-stupid story to it but don't sacrifice the gameplay of DMC and act like it's the right thing to do. I don't have much trust that Ninja Theory could do that...(also Enslaved's story was extremely mediocre too...so...yea they're not even that good in that department...).

Good luck dante

and I guess I'll never find out how Nero got his arm.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-16, 12:16   Link #345
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

your thread title is really misleading.

its: DmC not DMC 5
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 06:44   Link #346
MetalCookie

There's already a topic about this.

Here.

Even though it's kind of dead now. :/
Old 2010-11-17, 11:06   Link #347
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
Just like the game.
And your rep bar I joke
Old 2010-11-22, 03:56   Link #348
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Reuben Langdon was the best thing to ever happen to Dante's character. That guy knows how to seriously act with his voice. I love the scream he does when doing the Stinger Attack in DMC 3 and 4.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 08:16   Link #349
ZODDGUTS

More Images:
Spoiler:
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 08:26   Link #350
Westlo
Lets be reality

Yep now that's a reboot, also looks like it will take the main games in series in a good direction.. Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light was pretty good..
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 11:56   Link #351
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

great! lets just hope they make her boobs bigger tho

Quote:
Guess we better learn to love him

Remember when Shigeru Miyamoto debuted his vision of his first Zelda game on the then brand new Gamecube. We were all expecting the adult Link we saw from the Tokyo Game Show earlier that year, and instead we got this cel-shaded, big eyed, cartoon, kid Link. Boy, I remember the out rage that went out through out the community. After the darker tone both N64 predecessors presented us, now we have to play with pre-school Link? Arrrghhh!!!!!! Then we played the game, and realized that this is a Zelda game we’re talking about. It was absolutely awesome and won many Game Of The Year awards. So maybe we shouldn’t judge DMC yet, and we should wait for the game to come out before we bring out the pitchforks and torches to Capcom’s door.
so stfu and wait ^_^

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2010-12-08 at 17:10.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 01:49   Link #352
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Except it goes deeper than just Dante's new look

We've also got a developer who's made two average action/adventure game. That same developer believes story takes precedence over gameplay. None of them have had any combat mechanics that put it close to the same league as DMC

Those average games could not stay consistent at 30 FPS. Use of UE3 means either a rather bad looking game running at 60 fps (and probably failing a lot) or a pretty 30 fps game. Either way is unacceptable for DMC

Curiously, despite Capcom's desire to get more sales out of this, none of the games made by Ninja Theory has outsold a DMC game or only come close to DMC3.

Zelda kept the core and really only changed the look. NT has yet to do anything to show they are capable of keeping the core of DMC
Old 2010-12-09, 02:11   Link #353
Westlo
Lets be reality

Comparing Ninja Theory to Miyamato's team is just lolerskatez.. and the redesigned Lara has a rather reasonably sized bosom compared to her earlier versions. New Lara is a reboot done right.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 05:32   Link #354
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Eww, what's with all the bruises and dirty look? More realism kicking in these days?
Old 2010-12-09, 07:22   Link #355
Nayim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
Eww, what's with all the bruises and dirty look? More realism kicking in these days?
I don't know, maybe new generation game is kicking old generation to make them coo?
Old 2010-12-09, 08:08   Link #356
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
I'll give ya a clue... he wears a wife beater shirt.

He found out this overused chick is getting her 1000th game and he's only FINALY getting a new one.
Old 2010-12-10, 06:40   Link #357
Full Metal Paladin

Send a message via MSN to Full Metal Paladin
Sup peeps to be honest I think capcoms idea of letting Ninja theroy help was not the best of moves cause in my eyes they have messed up big time esp with dante, seriously what have they done :S but the monsters and enviroments didnt seem to bad. Capcom better not mess up cause DMC series are awesome and i love them all, DMC 3 the most DMC 4 was good but just not enough in it needed more extras and more missions as Dante cause nero was cool but will never compare to Dante
Full Metal Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 08:07   Link #358
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

i said it before, its one of their most popular series. I think we should have a little faith that they would try hard for this series.
Old 2011-01-02, 17:57   Link #359
Myukii

DmC 5

What are you guys think about the new Devil may cry and the ''new Dante'' u_u? I found the game looks kinda boring.. but I'll still play it. Although I didn't like the idea that they made a new character.. :/
Myukii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-02, 18:02   Link #360
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Looks like they sold out to a female audience.