AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-06-19, 00:15   Link #32501
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
So you used the [Woundwort] as the base? That's a very obscure suit.
From what I understand, it's a pretty modular... Well, very modular unit. I has the proportions of an IS and I'm digging that long rifle it has :3
Old 2012-06-19, 01:01   Link #32502
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ Oh I definitely agree with your choice, was just surprised to see such a suit around here...not even having official model releases and all.
Old 2012-06-19, 01:12   Link #32503
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Yeah... It's quite a shame. Only thing they had is a resin kit of it.

Then again, how are their arsenal looking? These twin units are, in fact, world-toppling machines but in the story, they're basically the world's only orbital defensive measures especially against asteroids. And we know how strong asteroids can be.
Old 2012-06-19, 01:24   Link #32504
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Gryps conflict was definitely the golden age of designs...

Hmm... Who would be a fitting pilot to use an IS with a crapload of physical shields?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 01:34   Link #32505
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post

Hmm... Who would be a fitting pilot to use an IS with a crapload of physical shields?
During the latter part of the Universal Century, Mobile Suits became much smaller because physical armour was often treated as paper in the face of beam weaponry. Therein lies what you seek.
Old 2012-06-19, 01:47   Link #32506
demino_hellsin
That one guy

It's paradoxical since at that stage, all they needed was something that carried physical rounds and beam shields wouldn't mean jack. Which is the conundrum I run with the design.
Old 2012-06-19, 01:57   Link #32507
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:

Isn't it Obvious? Somebody who always feel insecure inside....
Old 2012-06-19, 05:42   Link #32508
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
- Someone with Ichika's density but none of his combat sense. EG someone who just charges straight into battle--wait, doesn't this sound like the Delphine from Break Blade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san
During the latter part of the Universal Century, Mobile Suits became much smaller because physical armour was often treated as paper in the face of beam weaponry. Therein lies what you seek.
- Not only smaller, suits had twice as much power output and mobilty than their equivalents. Since beam weaponry could penetrate most machines, speed became more important than armor. You still need the armor to protect the machinery from small arms and most ground vehicles, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin
It's paradoxical since at that stage, all they needed was something that carried physical rounds and beam shields wouldn't mean jack.
- NOT quite. (Evil grin, looks to the Crossbone Gundam and other MS of that era that used physical weaponry)
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 05:55   Link #32509
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I am sorely reminded of that one mobile suit from gundam X... y'know... that white one that was too fast to get hit by beam rifles? but was so squishy it got blown to bits by quad-barrel vulcans.

:|

Spoiler for awkward enough?:

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2012-06-19 at 06:53.
Old 2012-06-19, 18:51   Link #32510
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, properly made, physical shield DO jack in I.S., just that their standard armor are damn miniscule. (Once again I will point to Gospel's armor and Rafael's shield which can deflect standard weaponry, and how BT and Shenlong armor simply broke with I.S. grade punch)

And as Hawk refer to, 'modern' beam shield is not I-field that let physical weapon breaking through, but beam saber shaped like a shield or spinning rotor. Against physical weapon, they work like near-infinite reactive armor, vaporizing the projectiles inbound.

There must be another reason of why layer upon layer of plating is not used most of the time. My fanon chalk it up to mass and balancing issue in case of a fanon design (Think Alt Eisen in SRW)

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2012-06-19 at 19:11.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 22:24   Link #32511
DarkJak2050

Found another.

Ichikas Trust
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 04:24   Link #32512
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Stratos, Demi, Box, Hawke, or whoever remember a (transforming?) Mobile Suit that can launch itself like a ballistic missile/ shuttlecock to strike enemy base from outer space, I need it for I.S. fanon design, as soon as I can get that one example.

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2012-06-20 at 04:50.
Old 2012-06-20, 04:59   Link #32513
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Stratos, Demi, Box, Hawke, or whoever remember a (transforming?) Mobile Suit that can launch itself like a ballistic missile/ shuttlecock to strike enemy base from outer space, I need it for I.S. fanon design, as soon as I can get that one example.
- Fiver. An ORX-005 Gaplant variant with LOTS of kibble (and stowage for two whole mobile suits)
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 05:08   Link #32514
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
You mean the MS itself flies head-on into the base?
Old 2012-06-20, 05:30   Link #32515
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Hawke
ah yes that one, thank you very much

@ Stratos
yes, coincidentally, it's also based on Woundwort... dayum
Old 2012-06-20, 05:33   Link #32516
demino_hellsin
That one guy

So who's doing a suicide dive?

How do you get out of being caught peeking down a girl's shirt? Specifically because you commented on the sight the view granted.

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2012-06-20 at 05:47.
Old 2012-06-20, 05:49   Link #32517
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Titan Test team?

I don't think I can get out AFTER the comment is said.

-------------------------------------------------------

In my fanon, this is actually intended as Trans-atmospheric I.S. carrier. Our crazy little engineer radically change the design and downscale it into a modular armor for her (dearest) brother's personal I.S., and still large enough to carry another two (ideally BT models, but Silent Zephyr was stolen so one slot is always vacant).

The armor grant 10 times (?!) energy capacity compared to standard frame, coupled with matching defensive and offensive feature. But of course, it's an XBOXHUEG target. And has the maneuverability of a brick, or rather, a lawn dart (hit fast, hard, and straight to the point).

(it was never designed for arena use and dogfighting anyway )
Old 2012-06-20, 05:59   Link #32518
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Spoiler for continuation of the last scene:

yeah... peeking down a girl's shirt...
Old 2012-06-20, 06:00   Link #32519
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

He's boned for sure...

EDIT: I am confused whether he's innocent or constantly horny

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2012-06-20 at 06:13.
Old 2012-06-20, 06:14   Link #32520
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Hmmm torn between leaving him to get the tar beaten out of him, or the girls notice a somewhat gentlemanly act from him to at least suspend the beating...

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest