AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-01, 21:30   Link #16081
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by itanshi1 View Post
Hmm, you could upload those images to imgur and repost them
Gimme a few then.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Old 2011-02-01, 21:32   Link #16082
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Also we have no idea how many eclipse users committed suicide as it stands. these are those that have not.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.

Last edited by itanshi1; 2011-02-01 at 22:00.
Old 2011-02-01, 21:47   Link #16083
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Also we have no idea how many eclipse users committed suicide as it stands. these are those that have not.
Yeah, that's another thing. Like I've been saying, the urge to survive is something fundamentally coded within all species. But there are those who are weak and wouldn't be able to bear the sin of killing to survive.

It's funny that people are condeming the Huckebein for doing what it takes to survive, and that they should have killed themselves to save many. And yet when they see how Thoma chooses to go off and die, they call him a pansy emo kid. Seems they're screwed either way. Personally I'd chose the way that lets me live.
Old 2011-02-01, 21:54   Link #16084
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:

ok one sec, editing
Hey, itanashi, I edited the links in my previous post.

Old 2011-02-01, 21:56   Link #16085
Nagumo
Random Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Actually, Corona, Einhart and Seiglinde aren't in the elite class. Nagumo translated the summaries, and it's said that Seiglinde didn't utilize her seeded status and entered the tournment like everyone else.
It seems that tournament has a lot of competitors. They need to weed out as many as possible, thus the selection stage where hundreds of competitors fight each other one on one.

If they pass that, they go on to the preliminary, which I assume is televised.

After the prelims, they go on to the next level.

I'm guessing there are three or four levels. Selection, district, city and then world. There might be interdimensional but I don't think Vivio and Einhart are going to reach it in their first year.

As for Sieglinde, it appears that two years ago she was champion of the world. Then last year in the middle of it all, she just dropped out of sight.

Now this year, she's entered again but because she didn't compete last year, she's back to proving herself.
Old 2011-02-01, 22:07   Link #16086
Justin_Brett

See? We can't have long arguments using nitpicking and hypothetical points about the characters in Vivid.

If I recall, didn't the tip of snake form stop just before Cypha's face? Not very nice, but more an intimidation move than trying to kill her right away, which is so out of character for Signum it's not even funny.
Old 2011-02-01, 22:13   Link #16087
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
It's funny that people are condeming the Huckebein for doing what it takes to survive, and that they should have killed themselves to save many. And yet when they see how Thoma chooses to go off and die, they call him a pansy emo kid. Seems they're screwed either way.
There's always the third option of continuing to kill each other since they can't die anyway unless that doesn't satisfy the Eclipse virus.

Thanks to 00-Raiser for hooking me up with the sig!
Old 2011-02-01, 22:13   Link #16088
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
See? We can't have long arguments using nitpicking and hypothetical points about the characters in Vivid.

If I recall, didn't the tip of snake form stop just before Cypha's face? Not very nice, but more an intimidation move than trying to kill her right away, which is so out of character for Signum it's not even funny.
Actually, go look at the links I posted.

It didn't stop. Cypha went 'crap, can't re-' and managed to twist her head in time just to get a cut on the face.

Old 2011-02-01, 22:15   Link #16089
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagumo View Post
It seems that tournament has a lot of competitors. They need to weed out as many as possible, thus the selection stage where hundreds of competitors fight each other one on one.

If they pass that, they go on to the preliminary, which I assume is televised.

After the prelims, they go on to the next level.

I'm guessing there are three or four levels. Selection, district, city and then world. There might be interdimensional but I don't think Vivio and Einhart are going to reach it in their first year.

As for Sieglinde, it appears that two years ago she was champion of the world. Then last year in the middle of it all, she just dropped out of sight.

Now this year, she's entered again but because she didn't compete last year, she's back to proving herself.
Yeah, I assume it's somewhat similar to how Dragonball handled the tournament. They had a bunch of 1-on-1 matches taking place at the same time to weed it down to 8 or so contestants, and those would fight one at a time until the championship.

So I assume they are going to weed most everyone out for the district championship, and then the winner goes onto the city. If the groups will fight each other, then that's why I'm worried for Corona; even if she beats Sieg (and plot wise, I don't think she will), I don't see Einhart losing to Corona. Which means, of the three, only one will participate in the district championship fights.

Ein fighting a mysterious person who is rumored to be strong, is a good matchup, and I honestly can't tell how it would go. It all depends on how far Tsuzuki wants to take our heroines in this tournament. I honestly expected someone like Sieg to be met much later, though. Have Vivio, Ein, Lutecia, Sieg, Mirua, Harri, Victoria and Shante qualify (which is why they are identified), and fight the series of matches to determine district champion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
That is such twisted thinking. I'd say you are much more strong willed by killing yourself to save others, than to kill others in order to save yourself. The latter just makes you a selfish ass who prides yourself over everything else -- who desperately continues to survive at the expense of others.
I think of it more like, "You can't really know how you would act if you were put in those shoes and in that situation." I don't even presume to make that call for myself; maybe I would act better, and maybe I would act worse.

The point is: I admit I don't know.

To do otherwise, is to claim to know the future, and I don't think you want to join the ranks of television psychics like Miss Cleo.
Old 2011-02-01, 22:17   Link #16090
Justin_Brett

Well then somebody goofed. Again, doesn't mean Signum is a hair trigger away from stabbing suspects or anything.
Old 2011-02-01, 22:39   Link #16091
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Here are the links

Y'know, at some point they might actually show that the TSAB might be semi responcible for their creation. They may also show what becomes of those that die and what family members they might have watched die. Something led them to continue to fight as a family both against the tsab (tho not like wanting to overthrow) and their disease.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
Old 2011-02-01, 23:00   Link #16092
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
I found most of the debate interesting, but yeah, it does get less interesting when people snap at each other. Keep a calm, cool head, and focus on the issues.

Quote:
Here are the links

Y'know, at some point they might actually show that the TSAB might be semi responcible for their creation. They may also show what becomes of those that die and what family members they might have watched die. Something led them to continue to fight as a family both against the tsab (tho not like wanting to overthrow) and their disease.
It's a fair point. Even if they aren't directly responsible, you have to take stock of their attitude. Remember Caro? They were straight up telling Fate that a little girl was useless, except as a weapon to drop into the enemy midst and forget about.

We have this image of the Bureau being caring, but that's just the heroes we mostly see. Like any bureaucracy, the Bureau is going to have not-so-nice people in it. There will be a whole range of different thoughts and feelings. Even when legal (Caro), they can still focus on churning out weapons (Einherjar, a system of massive cannons designed to shoot down ships approaching MidChilda).

If the scientists don't really come to the foreground in Force as a more explained group, then given Signum's interaction with them, I'd lean towards the Bureau itself having created the Hucks. At the least, they studied the Eclipse virus and possibly infected one or more of the Hucks.

Given that, Cypha's reaction to Signum, and the Huck's reaction to the Bureau, makes a lot of sense. They are extremely hesitant to trust and organization that has used them as research specimens. Frankly, if that's the case, I'm just surprised they aren't out there blowing up Bureau ships and bases for revenge. Instead, they mostly just leave Bureau space and attempt to eek out a life.

Edit: And when Touma comes along, they see someone else who was infected by the Bureau, and so are trying to rescue him and save him. Initially they were trying to recover the reactor and divider, but switched to saving Touma when they realized he was badly infected.
Old 2011-02-01, 23:04   Link #16093
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Also, its a running theme that the enemy is not truly evil and can be befriended. There's always extenuating circumstances.

Regius all over again. Please, refer to StrikerS and Jail being funded by the TSAB

Old 2011-02-01, 23:25   Link #16094
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

How many people actually trust their own government anyways? Not very many, especially in places like the US, where not liking the ruling government was the founding principle of the country in the first place.

The Bureau is such a large organization so of course there's gonna be corruption on many levels. The Corrupt arms always tend to be more powerful, so even if parties of interest went to a non-corrupt faction, the corrupt faction could just come in and order the non-corrupt faction to hand over the parties of interest.
Old 2011-02-01, 23:50   Link #16095
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

True enough, she told her to stand down, that's all an officer needs to do. Guilty or not, they broke a simple rule of not listening to the officer. Still, Cypha doe snot recognize her authority.

They have some understandings to iron out yet.

Old 2011-02-01, 23:52   Link #16096
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Hehe, 'disarm the suspect.'

The point of the snake form comment is that the tip went right for Cypha's head. No matter how you view it, that's a kill shot. Cypha managed to dodge but it still cut her cheek. This was before Signum knew for sure Cypha was a Huckebein.

Of course if that planet was in the TSAB's jurisdiction, Signum had a duty to react. It's just the way she went about it that might not have been the greatest approach.

And of course no one is going to go "What? You'll die if you don't kill me? Well go right ahead then!" Just as the Huckebein have the right to do what it takes to survive, you and their other victims have the right to do the same. It's just when it comes down to it, the strong survive and the weak perish. Survival of the fittest at work.
Old 2011-02-02, 03:05   Link #16097
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

As many of you just noticed, there has been a lot of pruning. Let's stay on topic of this thread while it's still what it is, because in the near future, there is going to be a reorganization of the manga thread. I promise to be fair about it, but "business as usual" isn't going to be tolerated.
Old 2011-02-02, 06:58   Link #16098
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Here are the links

Blegh, I hope not. We already has A's and StrikerS using the 'the TSAB is semi-responsible for what happened here' card. I'd like to see the TSAB being the genuine good guys again for a change.
Old 2011-02-02, 07:17   Link #16099
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
TSAB being responsible for the bad shit and huckies being actually poor misunderstood douchebags would be a sign of Tsuzuki's inability to renew himself; and for the Nanoha series that have taken pride into breathing fresh air in the genre, it is the sign of a franchise playing it safe and stagnating in its own set of cliche and formula.
Old 2011-02-02, 08:34   Link #16100
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
This has been bugging me for a couple of days now: Stella is the helmswoman of an Esquad-class battleship named "Hückebein". I've always thought that "Hückebein" is a sort of family name but then Stella herself revealed her family name as "Irvine". So, does that mean that "Veyron of Hückebein" merely means "Veyron, member of the Hückebein crew"? In other words, the words "Hückebein family" should be replaced with "Hückebein crew who treat each other as family"?

Tags
adventure, manga, nanoha, seinen