AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-20, 00:05   Link #21
Zsych

... that would be the case if it cost much to make an episode.
Besides, no harm in demanding it. With a fixed ending Claymore would be an epic anime.
Old 2008-02-20, 03:10   Link #22
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Nobody can stop you from wasting your time, but since the chance of creating entirely new episodes 24-26 is indistinguishable from zero, I cannot imagine why you would bother. Feel free if it's your thing, but don't expect a lot of help.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2008-02-20, 06:10   Link #23
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Let's ask them to fill in all the missing Manga parts and characters while were at it.
Old 2008-02-20, 14:40   Link #24
Zsych

Its not like people making a fuss hasn't resurrected cancelled tv series and the like when the tv companies had decided to dump them. This isn't too much different.... except in the sense that it would be ridiculously cheaper to do this than it is to create more eps of a tv program.
Old 2008-02-20, 14:56   Link #25
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsych View Post
Its not like people making a fuss hasn't resurrected cancelled tv series and the like when the tv companies had decided to dump them.
The amount of commotion made about Claymore's shoddy ending is nowhere near the uproar that Firefly's cancellation caused.
Old 2008-02-20, 15:06   Link #26
Zsych

True enough, but Claymore isn't that well known for the most part. The manga is kinda obscure, and the anime turned out not being as awesome as it should have been.
Still, trying to make them realize that they make more money if they improve it a bit, doesn't seem completely unreasonable.... No harm in trying anyway.
Old 2008-03-01, 10:02   Link #27
Arcananine77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsych View Post
True enough, but Claymore isn't that well known for the most part. The manga is kinda obscure, and the anime turned out not being as awesome as it should have been.
Still, trying to make them realize that they make more money if they improve it a bit, doesn't seem completely unreasonable.... No harm in trying anyway.
Do what you want, but I too think it will amount to nothing.

That being said. How about we start speculating for possible Dub casts?

I'd think the following three VAs would be great for Clare, Helen and Rigardo:

Clare: Kate Higgins
Helen: Tara Strong (I know she doesn't do anime-roles much and the chance isn't high, but I still think it'd sound great)
Rigardo: Crispin Freeman
Old 2008-03-01, 10:55   Link #28
aurr
Kalulu sorceress - lvl 4

Humm. After all this wondering, Death note get aired on Adult swim too, right? But instead of i just have TMC, not it what is the problem?

EDIT
DAMNED! All my videos on Veoh are deleted, and i had every single piece of 26. Damned. Now i have to live without watching my favourite scenes....

Last edited by aurr; 2008-03-01 at 11:06.
Old 2008-03-03, 13:32   Link #29
dutchman
Follower of Claymorerism

This show which isn't even known to the general public yet (I assume not all anime lovers download fansubs) . And the total number of Claymore post is already aproaching the 30 K mark.

I suspect that when Claymore is known to the mainstream public this forum will even get more posts. And a lot more rabid Claymore converts

I remember the start of this forum when it didn't even had its own sub-forum (until episode 4 I think) and the numbers were just around 1000 posts I think

Lets hope Funimation keeps the japanese track next to english one and also has an 5.1 dolby or dts version. And not only a 2.0 stereo Japanese track like ADV sometimes does.
Old 2008-03-03, 13:39   Link #30
Synria_
Aboard Kallen's Bandwagon

Why do people like dubs anyway?? You need to watch anime in Japanese with subtitles. I have tried watching anime in english on adult swim and the voice is just too bland, and I lose interest in the anime so quickly. Japanese VA's put much more "emotion" into it.

I doubt claymore will ever hit mainstream in the United States. It's style and imagery is not really preferred to the generally audience (Cannibalism).
Old 2008-03-03, 16:03   Link #31
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Haha, it is true, english dubs are usually awful. Sometimes I flip through to a spanish speaking chanel where they are playing spanish dubbed english movies and I attempt to compare to hear if their dubbing is as bad. Sadly it seems that it is not :*(. For the anime dubs it is almost like they have the voice actors reading lines having absolutely no idea who their characters are or what they are doing. And then have them do it separately so they can not hear the response from the other characters making everything sound out of place. Sometimes there are decent heavy hitters, Princess Monoke was pretty good I think, but subs are really the way to go for me.
Old 2008-03-03, 16:14   Link #32
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher7 View Post
I doubt claymore will ever hit mainstream in the United States. It's style and imagery is not really preferred to the generally audience (Cannibalism).
Strange, I never thought of Claymore as a cannibalism anime. Portrayals of human eating monsters are often seen in anime without anyone ever calling them cannibals.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2008-03-03, 17:33   Link #33
azurie

good lord claymore is MORE likely to hit mainstream here in the US than anyone would think it would. The blood and gore suit this country more so than any other i would hazard to guess. Naruto and Bleach are doing bang up jobs here and there's tons of blood in them and even some more than casual mention of eating of people/souls in Bleach. So that arguement doesn't really wash IMHO.
Old 2008-03-03, 18:24   Link #34
Synria_
Aboard Kallen's Bandwagon

Yah you have a point... never thought about it that way, and it makes sense too, appealing to the United States. But then again I have never watched naruto and bleach.

Could it be that Claymore is overly sexualized and less marketable?? What are the chances of your average age fanboy buying claymore stuff/action figures compared to naruto/bleach. I don't see claymore getting the attention of females by a large scale, and putting out products for fanboys to buy with the claymore brand doesn't seem to be very appealing either.

Last edited by Synria_; 2008-03-03 at 19:05.
Old 2008-03-03, 21:42   Link #35
azurie

Now there you have me i honestly just don't know. Some collectors would but other than that i just really don't know.
Old 2008-03-04, 17:37   Link #36
lsley
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibamonster View Post
Haha, it is true, english dubs are usually awful. Sometimes I flip through to a spanish speaking chanel where they are playing spanish dubbed english movies and I attempt to compare to hear if their dubbing is as bad. Sadly it seems that it is not :*(. For the anime dubs it is almost like they have the voice actors reading lines having absolutely no idea who their characters are or what they are doing.
Hehe, if you want to hear something really awful i recommend to hear a german dub, you will cry because they are so awful. I really got a shock when i heard a supporting actor talking with a voice that formerly wasn't known from 12+ stuff

Quote:
Could it be that Claymore is overly sexualized and less marketable?? What are the chances of your average age fanboy buying claymore stuff/action figures compared to naruto/bleach. I don't see claymore getting the attention of females by a large scale, and putting out products for fanboys to buy with the claymore brand doesn't seem to be very appealing either.
Yeah, but why is that? Honestly, running around with a hot Galatea t-shirt is much better than an ugly Sasuke or such stuff.
I'll never understand these people
Old 2008-03-04, 19:51   Link #37
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
I don't see claymore getting the attention of females by a large scale
I only have a sample of one, but my 16-yo daughter watched each episode as it was released (as did I). She was going to cosplay a Claymore this spring, but now she's looking to cosplay Youko from Twelve Kingdoms.

Guess she likes big swords....
Old 2008-03-05, 09:36   Link #38
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
Quote:
>Could it be that Claymore is overly sexualized and less marketable?? What are the chances of your average age fanboy buying claymore stuff/action figures compared to naruto/bleach. I don't see claymore getting the attention of females by a large scale, and putting out products for fanboys to buy with the claymore brand doesn't seem to be very appealing either.
Is having a cast of female characters make an anime overly sexualized? Claymore has hardly any fan service. Its a bit gorey, but no where near anything like Elfenlied or Hellsing.

As for funimation getting it, in the mid or late 1990s it might have been a dissapointment back when they still deculturalized anime, and censored it to match "U.S". (Dragon Ball Series being the biggest example I'm thinking of). But they've realized the demand for anime in authentic form, and are great now about releasing uncut DVD's (albiet sometimes slow about releases), and have fairly decent translation. They're dubs can be hit or miss, but on average they are better than ADV and similar in my opinion. I'm not to optimistic about claymore's dub, particularly I don't know of them having that many good in house female V.As., and dub anime's tendency to portray serious/grave/dark tones as monotonous. They're pricing is fairly generous I find for the most part. They tend to either have fairly extensive extra's or have quite a few episodes on a single release.
Old 2008-03-05, 11:55   Link #39
dutchman
Follower of Claymorerism

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashesatdusk View Post
Is having a cast of female characters make an anime overly sexualized? Claymore has hardly any fan service. Its a bit gorey, but no where near anything like Elfenlied or Hellsing.

As for funimation getting it, in the mid or late 1990s it might have been a dissapointment back when they still deculturalized anime, and censored it to match "U.S". (Dragon Ball Series being the biggest example I'm thinking of). But they've realized the demand for anime in authentic form, and are great now about releasing uncut DVD's (albiet sometimes slow about releases), and have fairly decent translation. They're dubs can be hit or miss, but on average they are better than ADV and similar in my opinion. I'm not to optimistic about claymore's dub, particularly I don't know of them having that many good in house female V.As., and dub anime's tendency to portray serious/grave/dark tones as monotonous. They're pricing is fairly generous I find for the most part. They tend to either have fairly extensive extra's or have quite a few episodes on a single release.
Thanks for your information. I am not really familair with Funimation. Most of my 300+ dvd's ( I know sick..) are from ADV , Bandai and GENEON. Its good to hear that you rate them currently higher then ADV because until now I have held ADV as the benchmark to compare with. I hope they release the first dvd with an box its easier to store it that way.
Old 2008-03-06, 13:10   Link #40
lsley
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchman View Post
Thanks for your information. I am not really familair with Funimation. Most of my 300+ dvd's ( I know sick..)
o.O how much does such a dvd in the netherlands cost? Somehow it looks like I'd have to pay most in germany with about 20€(~30$) for 100 min / 4 episodes of wichever anime.
Maybe if they are as cheap as in the US I'll buy the claymore dvd box there when it's available (really, only the dvds, nothing else )