AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-21, 22:45   Link #41
Matt122005

Why not a thread for the character light novels?

-Matt
Old 2008-05-12, 23:39   Link #42
Generic Asian Guy
^_^

Send a message via MSN to Generic Asian Guy
Memorable Quotes? =]
Old 2008-05-13, 02:52   Link #43
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic Asian Guy View Post
Memorable Quotes? =]
Perhaps if you made the request back in 2005 when the series was airing it would have a chance but now, the boat has sailed.
Old 2008-06-09, 17:50   Link #44
Tabris

2005? That old already!?

Oh, and maybe a new thread for the new Shuffle game?

http://jyuichi-11.blogspot.com/2008/...e-essence.html
Old 2008-06-09, 18:18   Link #45
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Yup, time flies by.

If someone can create a suitable opening post for the new SHUFFLE! Essence+ game then we can copy it and create a new thread.

Edit: New thread created.

Last edited by xris; 2008-06-10 at 02:36.
Old 2008-06-09, 18:53   Link #46
Tabris

I just looked at page 2 and realised I posted in this thread last year by accident. Oops.

Anyway, something like

Shuffle! Essence+, carrying the essence of the original Shuffle! and the Playstation2 port "Shuffle! On Stage", then taking it to a new level for its welcome return to the PC.

With delicious new, improved CG images and the inevitable adult content for Kareha and Mayumi's routes in the game. As well as two new Gods. Starting with the purple haired Daisy, a naive, energetic girl"; and Ruri Matsuri, a "princess-type, just as she appears to be." Both who are rumoured to be relations of Sia's.

http://visual-novels.net/vn/index.ph...d=732&Itemid=2

BUY IT THE DAY IT COMES OUT or I will drink your blood

God, it sounds like an awful advert.
Old 2009-11-30, 17:30   Link #47
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

Request For Thread Creation

I've recently resolved to undertake a novelization of the Shuffle! franchise in the near future, and DJLowrider has been so good as to agree to help orchestrate this project with his superior knowledge of the franchise. While it could be argued that the existing Fanfiction Thread is an appropriate place for such a project to be mentioned, I would like to petition for the creation of a distinct thread.

I have two good reasons for this request. The first is that the Fanfiction thread has very little traction. Since its creation, when the fandom was more lively, it hasn't grown much in comparison to, say, the Fanfiction discussion thread of Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu. It's safe to say people don't pay much attention to it. This is relevant in light of my second reason.

DJ and I feel that it would be beneficial for this to be a community project. While I can't speak for his exact vision on the matter, I see a large-scale novelization project (the idea in its present state will probably span between 160,000 and 200,000 words) as a potential way to rekindle the fire of the fandom, even if its only for the duration of the project. A fandom is liveliest when it believes its voice is relevant, and despite fanfiction being a subgroup interest even in otaku culture, the rallying power inherent in a fandom having its own defining work of literature should not be underestimated. DJ and I want to give the Shuffle! fandom that work, and to do that we want to hear its voice.

Opening Post Text Body

Welcome to the Shuffle! Novelization Project, led by Ricky Controversy and DJLowrider. We are looking to explore in-depth the heroes and heroines of the Shuffle! franchise in order to take the existing, intriguing setting and cast and flesh them out until they make for a compelling reading experience.

We want this to be a community work as much as anything: a focal point around which the old Shuffle! fandom can gather once more and produce something great that anyone can enjoy. As such, we are looking for fans to contribute their thoughts, hopes, questions and concerns--objectively, civilly and thoughtfully--about the characters of Shuffle!, their interactions with one another and their world.

Shuffle! is a great franchise that displays a fascinating world and vivid cast, but we also feel that it deserves further exploration. We as a community can make that happen. We look forward to receiving your contributions and discussing the project with you going forward!

~R. Controversy & DJLowrider
Old 2009-11-30, 18:33   Link #48
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Controversy View Post
Request For Thread Creation
Thread created. Shuffle! (Fanfiction) Novelization Project
Closed Thread