AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Old 2009-11-16, 13:58   Link #1241
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creangeru View Post
You should put that into spoiler or you will get yourself banned faster than you can say: "Oh, my .....".
After all it is the general discussions threat mainly for the anime series and the VIZ manga.
What's wrong with what he said?
Shiek927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 19:36   Link #1242
Creangeru
posting in a retarded way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
What's wrong with what he said?
Spoiler:

Did we already know this during the Save Rabona and kill Agatha-Arc?
Creangeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 19:42   Link #1243
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creangeru View Post
Spoiler:

Did we already know this during the Save Rabona and kill Agatha-Arc?
I'm confused, what difference does it make? It's about Claymore.

It seems silly that we have to limit our discussion.
Old 2009-11-25, 11:20   Link #1244
Vantek
Asleep Being

Holy cow, has that petition exploded! Like two days ago I checked it had 5000 votes, now it's 6000! I guess it shows how Claymore anime is not so popular in Japan [this is very odd though, because the manga seems highly popular], but very popular outside. I understand for more than half a year, it was pretty stagnant? And when it popped up on English forums, it quickly doubled? Looks like it has reached Spanish forums as well and it has caused a further explosion...

Is it really that difficult for Japanese anime producers to exploit foreign market? Has globalisation really not made it effortless yet? After all, DVDs barely weigh anything, just pack them up, send overseas and rake the profit! Or is this foreign fan base mostly dirty pirates who download the anime illegally and then demand for more without any willingness to support the producer?
Vantek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 12:30   Link #1245
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantek View Post
Holy cow, has that petition exploded! Like two days ago I checked it had 5000 votes, now it's 6000! I guess it shows how Claymore anime is not so popular in Japan [this is very odd though, because the manga seems highly popular], but very popular outside. I understand for more than half a year, it was pretty stagnant? And when it popped up on English forums, it quickly doubled? Looks like it has reached Spanish forums as well and it has caused a further explosion...

Is it really that difficult for Japanese anime producers to exploit foreign market? Has globalisation really not made it effortless yet? After all, DVDs barely weigh anything, just pack them up, send overseas and rake the profit! Or is this foreign fan base mostly dirty pirates who download the anime illegally and then demand for more without any willingness to support the producer?
I don't know, but it is really weird. I remember talking about it once when people asked if foriegn votes counted or not, and I said no because otherwise their would be region codes which their are not. But it's like you say; this petition has been up for months and has been very stagnant, but once the english, and probably chinese, boards caught wind of it, it's been spreading like wild-fire

It would be very weird if producers didn't exploit this petition because of overseas; Claymore is one of the most popular mangas, but it's popularity is centered mostly on fans outside their borders. Is it really that big of a deal? With the enthusiasm this manga has in Europe, China, and USA, they could make big profit even if Japan isn't crazy for it.

They are blowing a huge opportunity if they refuse because of where we come from.
Old 2009-11-26, 04:33   Link #1246
Altima
Claymore # 48

I had been waiting for this series to get to box set forever and once I found it, I bought it and put it to the front of the line as I wanted to watch it right away.

Teresa was my favorite character and then Helen, and Clare.
Altima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 07:01   Link #1247
jiyabil

Hey guys. just want you all to know that only 500 votes are needed to reach the 10000 mark!!!!!
jiyabil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 12:55   Link #1248
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
We're dangerously close! I can taste it! A new Claymore series!
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 14:49   Link #1249
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
We're dangerously close! I can taste it! A new Claymore series!
You DO remember this is not official right? It's a fan-petition.

The odds of anything coming out of this, 10000 or no, is unfortunately slim.
Old 2010-01-06, 15:25   Link #1250
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
You DO remember this is not official right? It's a fan-petition.

The odds of anything coming out of this, 10000 or no, is unfortunately slim.
Hope dies last.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 10:29   Link #1251
TrueCaptain

I have just recently started to watch this series, so far it's been really enjoyable and the interaction between the members of the Orginization have been really interesting, especially the episode I am on curretly where a guy in green robes and a girl are watching some members take on a male awakened being. So far the action has been pretty much top notch and the back story on Therese was really touching, this series has really suprised me and is quickly rising within the anime ranks in my book, I'm glad I decided to give it a shot!

One thing thats annoying, but yet kind of funny, is the way the blood sprays when someone gets injured or dies, it's not really a complaint but more of an observation but in it's own way it's damn funny. I do hope they continue this series someday though, from what I read they only covered a mere portion of the manga and there is lot's more story to be told within the Claymore realm, maybe someday we will get lucky and be treated to it....
TrueCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 11:46   Link #1252
Quicksword

Welcome to the forum Cap.
Quicksword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 00:24   Link #1253
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueCaptain View Post
I have just recently started to watch this series, so far it's been really enjoyable and the interaction between the members of the Orginization have been really interesting, especially the episode I am on curretly where a guy in green robes and a girl are watching some members take on a male awakened being. So far the action has been pretty much top notch and the back story on Therese was really touching, this series has really suprised me and is quickly rising within the anime ranks in my book, I'm glad I decided to give it a shot!

One thing thats annoying, but yet kind of funny, is the way the blood sprays when someone gets injured or dies, it's not really a complaint but more of an observation but in it's own way it's damn funny. I do hope they continue this series someday though, from what I read they only covered a mere portion of the manga and there is lot's more story to be told within the Claymore realm, maybe someday we will get lucky and be treated to it....
Welcome and I'm glad your enjoying it!

The blood sprays in the anime are the anime producers interpretation of the mangas blood squirts. The manga's creator/artist, Norihiro Yagi, seems to prefer blood squirts over blood stained outfits (even though they're white... ), though he does like missing pieces of clothing . Explaining it seems pointless... since it's kinda a trademark of Claymore and its purpose is clear (to sensationalize the injury in as few panels as possible). However the purple yoma blood isn't in the manga... that's all the anime's artists decision. Which was very... odd... since purple blood would mean that you can detect yoma without "Claymores". Back to my point, Just get used to there being no blood or far too much...

Spoiler for Claymore "wound" Jokes... (without spoilers based on your last posted read to/Watched up to point):

Your right the anime covers up to about chapter 54, then deviates from the manga (up till chapter 60), and then adds a bit. So, be prepared for a bit of a feeling that the anime gets rushed at the end... I personally still loved it (I say the anime first too. Even after reading the manga I still find the anime's end good, however it doesn't hold a candle to what the manga does in the same part.)

As you should know by now the manga right now is up to Chapter 99 (which I highly suggest you read, if you haven't yet). So, if there is going to be a new season for the anime that comprises about the same number of chapters... then it should go into production soonish. I know... a really scientific measurement there.

Also please note that though the anime is fairly loyal to the manga... there is little bit that were cut from the manga (including a few key explanations of charters actions and behaviors. Such as a Teresa thinking of her past and which pretty much explains her early attitude before Clare changed her.). So, it's still rewarding to read the manga too. If you want to start were the changes really kick in start with the Battle in the North at chapter 50. You could start midway though that arc at chapter 55 though I'd find it a weird place to start... But if you start out at the manga/anime divergence point, then please read the early chapters of the manga later to see the missing pieces that didn't make it to the anime, they're worth it. On a side note: The manga's fights are for the most part quicker and more brutal, when the animes are a bit flashier and, for the most part, are more drawn out.

I, unlike some others here, believe the anime can be salvaged, without writing out a few episodes, and still be almost, if not, exactly where it should have been at Chapter 62. (Oh, and when/if you read the manga after seeing the anime... realize that the manga took 1 chapter to end the arc (The Gap from Chapter 60 to Chapter 62... where the anime season 2 should start.) When the anime took two whole episodes.) However, even still, I would prefer if they did write-out those episodes and stayed faithful to the manga... it's that good. That is... unless Yagi himself wrote the tie-in episodes (since I'd love to see how he would do it ).
Old 2010-01-14, 00:59   Link #1254
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

*Roflmao at that picture; if their was ever a live-action movie, I can't imagine it getting anything less then an X-rating. The blood comes out is like a fountain or a fire hydrant
Old 2010-01-14, 01:53   Link #1255
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
*Roflmao at that picture; if their was ever a live-action movie, I can't imagine it getting anything less then an X-rating. The blood comes out is like a fountain or a fire hydrant
Have you not seen Kill Bill? It was only rated R...

Talk about a blood fountain...
Ryus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 04:58   Link #1256
Ryuken
Claymore #01

I loved that movie @Ryus, it reminded me a little bit of the Samurai showdown games which has loads and loads of blood. When a guy is cut or beheaded, blood would gush out like water from a fire hose like you have suggested. And I absolutely adore the music of the of the film. Unique in so many way, no wonder it was a Quentin Tarantino film.
Ryuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 10:19   Link #1257
TrueCaptain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Welcome and I'm glad your enjoying it!

The blood sprays in the anime are the anime producers interpretation of the mangas blood squirts. The manga's creator/artist, Norihiro Yagi, seems to prefer blood squirts over blood stained outfits (even though they're white... ), though he does like missing pieces of clothing . Explaining it seems pointless... since it's kinda a trademark of Claymore and its purpose is clear (to sensationalize the injury in as few panels as possible). However the purple yoma blood isn't in the manga... that's all the anime's artists decision. Which was very... odd... since purple blood would mean that you can detect yoma without "Claymores". Back to my point, Just get used to there being no blood or far too much...

Spoiler for Claymore "wound" Jokes... (without spoilers based on your last posted read to/Watched up to point):

Your right the anime covers up to about chapter 54, then deviates from the manga (up till chapter 60), and then adds a bit. So, be prepared for a bit of a feeling that the anime gets rushed at the end... I personally still loved it (I say the anime first too. Even after reading the manga I still find the anime's end good, however it doesn't hold a candle to what the manga does in the same part.)

As you should know by now the manga right now is up to Chapter 99 (which I highly suggest you read, if you haven't yet). So, if there is going to be a new season for the anime that comprises about the same number of chapters... then it should go into production soonish. I know... a really scientific measurement there.

Also please note that though the anime is fairly loyal to the manga... there is little bit that were cut from the manga (including a few key explanations of charters actions and behaviors. Such as a Teresa thinking of her past and which pretty much explains her early attitude before Clare changed her.). So, it's still rewarding to read the manga too. If you want to start were the changes really kick in start with the Battle in the North at chapter 50. You could start midway though that arc at chapter 55 though I'd find it a weird place to start... But if you start out at the manga/anime divergence point, then please read the early chapters of the manga later to see the missing pieces that didn't make it to the anime, they're worth it. On a side note: The manga's fights are for the most part quicker and more brutal, when the animes are a bit flashier and, for the most part, are more drawn out.

I, unlike some others here, believe the anime can be salvaged, without writing out a few episodes, and still be almost, if not, exactly where it should have been at Chapter 62. (Oh, and when/if you read the manga after seeing the anime... realize that the manga took 1 chapter to end the arc (The Gap from Chapter 60 to Chapter 62... where the anime season 2 should start.) When the anime took two whole episodes.) However, even still, I would prefer if they did write-out those episodes and stayed faithful to the manga... it's that good. That is... unless Yagi himself wrote the tie-in episodes (since I'd love to see how he would do it ).
I have no problem with the blood, I just thought it was an odd way to showcase the blood, it's kind of cool and it helps to give Claymore an identity I suppose. I need to pick up the manga soon, maybe I'll get volume 1 & 2 today before work, I'm currently reading Naruto, Bleach and Shonen Jump magazine so I guess I can squeez in one more title to my reading schedule.

Thanks for the info!
TrueCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 11:08   Link #1258
Ryuken
Claymore #01

That paper cut really did the trick now didn't it.
Old 2010-01-15, 14:04   Link #1259
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuken View Post
That paper cut really did the trick now didn't it.
The book must be ruined!
Ryus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-15, 20:16   Link #1260
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
The book must be ruined!
Yea!, it's the perfect answer for gushing out blood.