AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-12-10, 17:01   Link #561
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

This was just all round awesome as always. It's really impossible to talk about what i found funny since really I found the whole episode funny from start to finish.

It was great to see tht Yachiyo actually has some feelings for Satou. But even if they got married, Yachiyo would still talk about the manager.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 17:38   Link #562
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Lol Takanashi was only being nice so he could hug Daisy. Liked Nazuna's little part. Yes Yachiyo was actually worried about who Sato likes! Too bad he didn't confess though.
Old 2011-12-10, 20:50   Link #563
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Working'!! has really been consistently solid in every episode and this one's no different- so after last week's Inami/Takanashi focus, this week we're back to Yachiyo/Satou with arguably abit more progression than the former (everything is relative ). It looks like Satou has finally been pushed into some action thanks to Mashiba#2, there's no stopping this train now with the words he had said... But he sure as hell can try to delay it

The other minor segment I like is watching Nazuna interact with her sisters and unintentionally doing everything that Souta doesn't want her to do But the best jokes are the ones with both sisters avoiding work related calls at home- I could totally understand
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 21:56   Link #564
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Popura in twin drills the best one Satou made yet
Old 2011-12-10, 23:51   Link #565
Utsuro no Hako

So Izuna got her own episode while Kozue and Nazuna have played significant roles several times this season, but Kazue ... just sorta exists. I know she's there to explain how the others are able to stay in that nice house, but she never really does anything for the plot and her personality is pretty bland compared to her sisters and the Wagnaria crew.

I can't believe there are only two episodes left. I hope a third season won't be too long in coming.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 01:34   Link #566
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Spoiler for ep11:
Wait what? Did you just say that you'd prefer there would be no progress or development at all and instead things would reset back afterwards?

This is probably the biggest thing I hate about anime/manga, namely lack of character and story progression and development. It pisses me off that when you've watched an anime that was 24 episodes or longer and then realize you could have just watched the first and last three episodes and skipped the rest. I've actually done that in several occasions, skipped the middle entirely and just watched/read the beginning and end.

I was mostly annoyed that Satou didn't confess right there and then. What an idiot, he had such a good chance too.

I give you that Working is better than average, but if it keeps repeating the same pattern from one season to another without any real character and story development, you might just as well drop the series right there. I mean, what's the point if that's the case?
Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 01:43   Link #567
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Character development is more than just who ends up with who.
Old 2011-12-11, 02:01   Link #568
Keeper

True. But I don't think there has been any real development this season. And my reply wasn't really directed at Working specifically. I am simply tired of these resets after 1-2 episodes/chapters.
Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 02:05   Link #569
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
Wait what? Did you just say that you'd prefer there would be no progress or development at all and instead things would reset back afterwards?

This is probably the biggest thing I hate about anime/manga, namely lack of character and story progression and development. It pisses me off that when you've watched an anime that was 24 episodes or longer and then realize you could have just watched the first and last three episodes and skipped the rest. I've actually done that in several occasions, skipped the middle entirely and just watched/read the beginning and end.

I give you that Working is better than average, but if it keeps repeating the same pattern from one season to another without any real character and story development, you might just as well drop the series right there. I mean, what's the point if that's the case?

No no no, hoping it DOESN'T reset....

I hate that crap too - putting in some major development in the last few episodes in hopes of raising support for a sequel.

Quote:
I was mostly annoyed that Satou didn't confess right there and then. What an idiot, he had such a good chance too.
I think he was about to, then Yachiyo snuck that 'as a friend' thing in there..
Probably decided he should raise her affection points a bit more before he takes the plunge...
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 02:10   Link #570
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
True. But I don't think there has been any real development this season. And my reply wasn't really directed at Working specifically. I am simply tired of these resets after 1-2 episodes/chapters.
I beg to differ, we had alot of character exploration and focus in this season, a number of interactions and relationship between the characters have changed. For example, now Kyouko goes to Satou for food as well

Baby steps.
Old 2011-12-11, 04:26   Link #571
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Interesting that a couple of people thought that both older sisters' phone calls were about work...

Perhaps it's not so obvious in the translation, but Kazue used "kisama" - which is an incredibly rude way of saying 'you' (basically the equivalent of 'you f*cking b*stard) - to address the person on the other side of the phone...

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 04:34   Link #572
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Interesting that a couple of people thought that both older sisters' phone calls were about work...

Perhaps it's not so obvious in the translation, but Kazue used "kisama" - which is an incredibly rude way of saying 'you' (basically the equivalent of 'you f*cking b*stard) - to address the person on the other side of the phone...

...So how does that not refer to work ?
Old 2011-12-11, 04:39   Link #573
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I beg to differ, we had alot of character exploration and focus in this season, a number of interactions and relationship between the characters have changed. For example, now Kyouko goes to Satou for food as well

Baby steps.
All I can say is if we're going with baby steps I want them to just keep on going with more seasons. It's fine to progress slowly, but still want to see where all those steps leave us.

Do agree though we've had some steps taken. Yamada's brother, Inami and Takanashi exchanged phone numbers (), Souma realizes going to a mall with Yamada is costly, etc.
Old 2011-12-11, 04:40   Link #574
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
...So how does that not refer to work ?
Kazue is quite 'together' in her working life - and no matter how good you are at what you do, if you're that abusive to someone work-related, you're not going to last.

As for who is on the other end of the line, try answering this: what is the only thing that Kazue has NOT been successful at?

Spoiler for hint:

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2011-12-11 at 07:04.
karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 06:57   Link #575
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Nazuna is so adorable <333

She's trying so hard to grow up fast and become someone her brother can rely to... which is exactly what Takanashi doesn't want. Thankfully, she isn't trying to rush everything. I loved how she plugged her ears because she is still too young to learn Kazue's "difficult words".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Popura in twin drills the best one Satou made yet
If his confession doesn't work out and he has to find another job, he should be become a hairdresser.
Old 2011-12-11, 07:33   Link #576
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
It was great to see tht Yachiyo actually has some feelings for Satou. But even if they got married, Yachiyo would still talk about the manager.
She'll probably become Aunt Kyouko, live with them and mooch off them forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
As for who is on the other end of the line, try answering this: what is the only thing that Kazue has NOT been successful at?

Spoiler for hint:

Spoiler:

Last edited by ID555; 2011-12-11 at 07:57.
Old 2011-12-11, 08:47   Link #577
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
ID555: I'm not sure about the manga, but it looks like barely three or four months have passed in the anime. Remember, Souta started working at Wagnaria during wintertime, and at this point it's either almost summertime, or just a little after that.

Edit: Scratch that, Souta's been working at Wagnaria for at least six months in the anime. It's kind of hard to be sure, as the series seems to be avoiding using the usual seasonal markers (cherry blossoms, beach episodes, etc.), but we've seen both Inami and Souta rained on at least once, and Yachiyo mentions in one episode how it looks like it's going to be a particularly hot day.

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2011-12-11 at 11:02.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 09:54   Link #578
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
ID555: I'm not sure about the manga, but it looks like barely three or four months have passed in the anime. Remember, Souta started working at Wagnaria during wintertime, and at this point it's either almost summertime, or just a little after that.

^Thanks. Wow, only a season, huh.
Old 2011-12-11, 12:06   Link #579
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
She'll probably become Aunt Kyouko, live with them and mooch off them forever.
Why is that I don't see that as a bad thing for some reason?!

No matter how much I enjoy the Sato X Yachiyo, I've always this lingering thought that Sato and Kyouko should just have some angry sex and get it over with lol.

Was a very amusing episode, in particular Izumi's fast reactions, couldn't say I saw that coming
Old 2011-12-12, 12:01   Link #580
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
I just hope Yachiyo X Satou progress, in whatever direction for the next episode, but I am not very optimistic about it, being the last one of this season and Inami X Souta new reset. Yamada's brother also completely disappeared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
If his confession doesn't work out and he has to find another job, he should be become a hairdresser.
For troll-baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
No matter how much I enjoy the Sato X Yachiyo, I've always this lingering thought that Sato and Kyouko should just have some angry sex and get it over with lol.
If nothing else, Satou will chill out, and Kyouko might find another food supply
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, slice of life