AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-17, 10:48   Link #261
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Thousands of people but from what I hear, babel japan isn't the only babel in the world. And we don't see any other ethnicities there so it's safe to assume that babel japan = for japan only. At which point, thousands of people from 7 billion = how do you get a age grading equivalent?
Its quite simple, IN EVERY FRICKING anime/novel/manga that some guy/girl go trough some kind of portal to new world, they are in grade/middle/high school. Obviously when they get back they stay around the same age (magic its magic I tell you).
It wouldn't be hard to make a school from all the returnees, after all you don't see dimensional world traveling salary-man mahou shoujo do you?
Old 2012-07-17, 10:50   Link #262
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

^Someone, SOMEWHERE must've written a story about a salary-man mahou shoujo.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 11:21   Link #263
tsunade666

^ and that's someone I don't want to see. Well it depends on the mahou shoujo

but rule of most magic and summoning always ends up in returning in the same time of summon. Screw the time of different world.

Last edited by tsunade666; 2012-07-17 at 11:35.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 11:24   Link #264
ImperialFlameGod8190

there is a guy being a masou shoujo and thats kore wa zombie
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 11:33   Link #265
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
Its quite simple, IN EVERY FRICKING anime/novel/manga that some guy/girl go trough some kind of portal to new world, they are in grade/middle/high school. Obviously when they get back they stay around the same age (magic its magic I tell you).
It wouldn't be hard to make a school from all the returnees, after all you don't see dimensional world traveling salary-man mahou shoujo do you?
Nanoha - not man but she is a Dimensional World Traveling Mahou Shoujo and her jobs comes with a Salary, Full Medical and Dental Insurance plus Housing Allowances. And a retirement plan too.
Old 2012-07-17, 11:36   Link #266
tsunade666

Nanoha is more like a soldier if you ask me. But how did we ended up in this conversation?
Old 2012-07-17, 11:49   Link #267
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Nanoha - not man but she is a Dimensional World Traveling Mahou Shoujo and her jobs comes with a Salary, Full Medical and Dental Insurance plus Housing Allowances. And a retirement plan too.
But she started in elementary school, which makes the point still apply to her.

Quote:
But how did we ended up in this conversation?
Someone objected to the idea that there could be enough people of enough diverse ages to have a full range of school grades in Babel. And that started because it was pointed out that the loli class rep had skipped grades, and thus really is as young as she looks.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 21:50   Link #268
Archmagination2002

It could be that the grades are not arranged by age. They could be grading by strength... remember how they mentioned E, B, A class's?

Let me also preset a reasonable theory on why the majority of those summoned to other worlds would be teenagers.(besides the obvious japanese trope)

Obviously they are summoning that person to do something important so you want somebody fit and healthy and furthermore you want somebody who is going to be flexible enough to learn your worlds abilities. You don't want to summon a 80 year old man who would drop dead at the sight of a monster or a toddler who just became a monsters snack. Its been proven that the younger you are, the easier it is to learn so the ideal age is roughly 15-25 years old give or take a few years either way.

One final part is that teenagers would be more easier to reach since the majority are restless and always wanting to experience new things or yearning to do SOMETHING with their lives.

Its the reason why I find the class rep very intriguing in this series.. she obviously was summoned very young and the fact she is back means she succeeded in whatever task that world needed her for. I wonder what task she was summoned for? I doubt if defeating a Maou is what most are summoned for.. otherwise the numbers coming back would only be a handful.
Archmagination2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 22:08   Link #269
alchem1st
philosopher stone power

nah as simple as our universe grading mechanism was it difficult to swallow ?
alchem1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 22:17   Link #270
SolarAquarion
Organic Mecha

Akutsuki is a mahou shounen.
SolarAquarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 22:20   Link #271
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archmagination2002 View Post
It could be that the grades are not arranged by age. They could be grading by strength... remember how they mentioned E, B, A class's?
Classes and grades are entirely different things. There are numerous classes on the same grade level. That is why you will see things like "Class 1A, Class 1B etc." in many anime that involve school life. They are all the same grade, but split into different classes.

Quote:
Its the reason why I find the class rep very intriguing in this series.. she obviously was summoned very young and the fact she is back means she succeeded in whatever task that world needed her for.
It would be interesting to learn her story. I do have to wonder what sort of evil results in a preteen girl being summoned to deal with it. It's likely whoever or whatever does the summoning isn't specifying things like age, but still she must have been able to deal with whatever the threat was. Nanoha and a few other assorted mahou shoujo aside, that's not really something you'd expect a girl that young to be able to do.
Old 2012-07-17, 22:23   Link #272
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Do we have any indications in the story that the summoning is a conscious phenomenon and not a random one? It sounds like viewers believe that the worlds summon the people to perform certain tasks that are needed but is it supported in the show or LN or anything?

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 22:27   Link #273
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archmagination2002 View Post
Its the reason why I find the class rep very intriguing in this series.. she obviously was summoned very young and the fact she is back means she succeeded in whatever task that world needed her for. I wonder what task she was summoned for? I doubt if defeating a Maou is what most are summoned for.. otherwise the numbers coming back would only be a handful.
She was probably summoned to one of them stupid worlds, like the one you can see in Dog Days. Retarded fest 24/7 with cookies left and right. No wonder MC can rape all those ppl, they wouldn't know how to fight anyway.
Old 2012-07-17, 22:28   Link #274
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Do we have any indications in the story that the summoning is a conscious phenomenon and not a random one? It sounds like viewers believe that the worlds summon the people to perform certain tasks that are needed but is it supported in the show or LN or anything?
Not exactly, but given the abilities people gain and the training they get with them, and what we saw of Akatsuki's trip to another world, everyone who travels to another world does so because there is some sort heroic thing they need to do there. There may be a conscious act by someone in the world to bring people across sometimes, there may not be, but the underlying factor is that there is some sort of need for the hero who ends up traveling to that world.
Old 2012-07-17, 23:02   Link #275
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Based on the episodes, what I inferred was that there was a gateway between worlds that people could travel from. Whether this is a conscious ability of the gateway or just random luck is unknown although
Spoiler:

The training could simply be because 'hey, I'm in a world with magic. Time to learn it' Unless there are more backstories shown, it's hard to say which it is and whether it's needed for people to go to other worlds for some task.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 23:15   Link #276
Random Wanderer

We have no reason to assume that the journeys to other worlds were significantly different for the other people at Babel than they were for our protagonist, aside from, perhaps, a matter of the scale of the threat. Until we are told otherwise, it seems safe to assume that all of them followed the basic formula of "go to another world, defeat an evil, return home." The whole concept of the story is "what happens after the RPG hero defeats the evil and returns to his own world?" Aside from the fact that Akatsuki defeated a more significant evil than most others, and is subsequently more powerful, there is no reason to assume that everyone's journey didn't involve the same basic RPG premise.
Old 2012-07-18, 01:08   Link #277
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Still listening to the ED song(TV-size). Best ED song of the season.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 03:18   Link #278
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
We have no reason to assume that the journeys to other worlds were significantly different for the other people at Babel than they were for our protagonist, aside from, perhaps, a matter of the scale of the threat. Until we are told otherwise, it seems safe to assume that all of them followed the basic formula of "go to another world, defeat an evil, return home." The whole concept of the story is "what happens after the RPG hero defeats the evil and returns to his own world?" Aside from the fact that Akatsuki defeated a more significant evil than most others, and is subsequently more powerful, there is no reason to assume that everyone's journey didn't involve the same basic RPG premise.
Yeah you get the impression that Akatsuki is a "Passing Through Rogue Hero, Remember It!".

"This is going to tickle a bit" and "This is going to hurt a bit" gains a new context.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 05:19   Link #279
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I was under the impression that all the supers went to the same world and that not all of them were hero protagonists, but just survived there until they were able to return home?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 05:34   Link #280
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I was under the impression that all the supers went to the same world and that not all of them were hero protagonists, but just survived there until they were able to return home?
All we know is that all the people got transported to some other world and less than 50% of them find their way back. We have no idea what they do in the other world, Akatsuki became a hero, I think it's too soon to think all of them did the same.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, shounen