AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

Old 2012-10-11, 23:20   Link #1141
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warm Mist View Post
According to some anon, Kigami animated some cuts of the delusional fight scene, uncredited. I don't know how trustworthy this information is, but it doesn't seem that far-fetched considering the occasion.
Comparing it to Munto, the explosions do look kigami-ish so it's no surprise that it's his doing.
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 23:21   Link #1142
Anime Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishe View Post
The cat going down the slide was funny. I could see a cat going down a slide looking exactly like that.

It makes you wonder if KyoAni tests some scenes out in real life before animating it.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 23:59   Link #1143
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Wow Touka she is nimble jumping out the window and over the sofa
<Hōōin Kyōma>She is obviously is an agent of the organization, posing as Rikka's elder sister so she can investigate her closely</Hōōin Kyōma>
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 00:07   Link #1144
supermegasonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
It makes you wonder if KyoAni tests some scenes out in real life before animating it.
i was actually thinking about this in regards to shooting the apple in the ED
Old 2012-10-12, 01:49   Link #1145
Tsundere Louise
D-Don't stare, baka...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
W-Well, they use a lot of original places and things, so they could just put a cat on a slide and see how he slides. :P
Old 2012-10-12, 02:39   Link #1146
Snuffle
likes cute things

I was surprised how detailed the fantasy fight was, it makes me wonder if KyoAni received a rather large budget for this show. Not only can they create a TV series but also a Lite version. But perhaps the Lite version is just another way of letting the viewers watch the special episodes that would normally be on the BDs. They gotta be ahead of schedule in order to pull that off. Great episode btw.
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 03:11   Link #1147
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Oh man, Rikka's sister is so hot LOL.
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 05:00   Link #1148
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I hope KyoAni would do more combat scene within this show. It'd be such a shame to have this as the only instance where you see things from the eyes of Rikka...

leaving that. It's not clear if Yuuta managed to delete the audio clip, so he may not be in the clear yet. Come to think of it, I wonder how much record of the Dark Flame Master is in the hands of Rikka's sister...

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 05:06   Link #1149
Insane
Banned

Tooka is very epic. I wonder if Tooka used to be a ex-Chuunibyou herself, or she’s just simply so used to Rikka that she knows exactly how to deal with Rikka's antics easily (She even put a calculator at the front door just to entertain Rikka’s delusions)

After seeing LITE Episode 3 in conjunction with this, I can totally see why Tooka was tempted to record all that just in case she needed to blackmail Yuuta in the near future.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 05:10   Link #1150
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
(She even put a calculator at the front door just to entertain Rikka’s delusions)
I think Rikka put it there.
Old 2012-10-12, 05:15   Link #1151
whitecloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
I think Rikka put it there.
At least tooka is kind enough not to remove it...
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 06:56   Link #1152
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
I was surprised how detailed the fantasy fight was, it makes me wonder if KyoAni received a rather large budget for this show. Not only can they create a TV series but also a Lite version. But perhaps the Lite version is just another way of letting the viewers watch the special episodes that would normally be on the BDs. They gotta be ahead of schedule in order to pull that off. Great episode btw.
They're betting on the LNs selling and the Discs selling.

Basically the budget is probably that of a 2-cour show however since this is only 1-cour they can pour all of those resources for Lite episodes.
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 07:33   Link #1153
Domonkazu

calculator at the door make laugh so hard, this show is so awesome.
Domonkazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 08:15   Link #1154
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
This isn't 100% from Chuuniybou, but since it focuses on the series, I felt it best fit here. Nojitetsu-san posted an interesting look at how magazine illustrations are made based upon this month's magazines' Chuunibyou illustrations. I felt it needed to be translated to share the information internationally.

Quote:
Today the second episode was broadcast! I hope you enjoy the sister battle scene that got great receptions at the pre-airing screenings! This is Nojitetsu, the publicity person who wonders if there's a lot of people surprised at the eyepatches.

We have newly drawn illustrations in today's editions of Newtype, Animage, Animedia, and Anime The Television! (There's also an article and photo section of the main four female seiyuu in Seiyuu Grand Prix!)

This is what's in each magazine:
Newtype - Production materials for Rikka, Shina, Kumin, and Deko
Animage - A movie style poster feating everyone doing a chuuni pose (Rikka, Shinka, Kumin, Deko, Yuuta)
Animedia - Deko untying Rikka, who was fastened in bandages, while Shinka looks on
Anime The Television - Yuuta holding a lemon. Rikka holding an umbrella. Shinka looks on at both

So for today's post, I'll tell everyone a simple explanation of how these newly drawn Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! illustrations became published in the magazines.

1. The editors in the anime magazines send a request for an illustration! At this time, the details and delivery date are told. (example: Please give us the main four girls closely together in swimsuits.)

2. The person in charge of publicity sends an order to Kyoto Animation! Here, the original author and committee members review the contents of the order.

3. Kyoto Animation sends a rough sketch of the illustration to the editor. They will then look over and make alterations to the facial expressions, posing, and even skirt positioning before sending it back to Kyoto Animation.

4. Kyoto Animation receives this data and sends the finished product to the editor.

This is incredibly simplified, but the process itself takes about a month to complete. So for today (2012/10/10)'s magazines, they should receive the illustration by no later than the last third of September. We get an order around the final third of August.
It's very quick for us to get a request prior to the show going on the air. We're very thankful when we get one. Everyone, please check out the newly drawn illustrations that detail the story bit-by-bit.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 08:39   Link #1155
kimpleng
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domonkazu View Post
calculator at the door make laugh so hard, this show is so awesome.
Also don't forgot the calculator have incredible detail.

Shadow and highlight especially in the button..... its just awesome.
kimpleng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 09:09   Link #1156
OkamiNoKaze

They missed a chance at a Zelda reference When Rikka told Kumin "It's dangerous to go alone" should have added, "Take This"
Old 2012-10-12, 09:14   Link #1157
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
his not stabbing her with a fork...
This is about the best thing I could say about Yuuta. Yeah, I know, it's "comedy," right? And it's usually the girl, not the guy, who abuses the heck out of one specific male in the anime. But also, usually, those guys deserve to get hit where is hurts the most. But what has cute little Rikka done to deserve such ill treatment? As much as I detest blackmail, so long as he continues to mistreat Rikka, I'm all in favor of Yuuta suffering as much pain and agony as Rikka's big sis can dish out to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
I don't know if Kumin is supposed to be a recurring character, but dear god, she has my permission to stick around as long as she likes.
Considering that she's the first named character in the ED, she's apparently one of the main characters of the show. Makes me happy.

Quote:
I love how even though Togashi's ch?ni-by? is in remission, he is still sufficiently fluent to decode Rikka's obtuse bullshit.
Apparently he didn't quite interpret correctly all the warnings he was given by Rikka about the priestess of the Ethereal Horizon Overseers. That is, she will resort to any means available, be it violence or treachery, to get her way.

Tooka calling her sister a freak is pretty funny, considering how psychotic she, herself, seems to be. And abusive. In one episode we have two scenes of her stalking her sister in Terminator Mode, wielding a large soup ladle in an absurdly menacing manner (I have one of those large soup ladles and I certainly wouldn't want to get hit in the forehead with it). I could certainly understand why Rikka would want to run away from her sister, but why would Tooka go so far as to run after her? The thrill of the chase? Another opportunity to whack her sister on the forehead with her ladle? No wonder Rikka's the way she is. Must be hereditary.

Nonetheless, the battle scene was absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
At least tooka is kind enough not to remove it...
Kindness, at least so far, does not seem to be part of Tooka's psychological makeup. Whacking her much younger sister and two kids she's never met before on the forehead with a ladle, as well as blackmailing one of them, aren't the kinds of things a kind person would do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I think my heart skipped a beat. That cartwheel over the sofa was amazing.
As impressive as that was, the way she jumped over the balcony like a freaking ninja, grabbing the rope with the same hand that the ladle was in as she flew over the railing, was unbelievable. Not the kind of skill a normal big sister would have:

FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 09:27   Link #1158
whitecloud

i wonder if he work not as an office lady but actually in some kind of intelligence agency..(like Hex from jormungand) shell have all the appropriate training for field operative
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 09:53   Link #1159
Warm Mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
They missed a chance at a Zelda reference When Rikka told Kumin "It's dangerous to go alone" should have added, "Take This"
-- added that for you

The next episode is probably going to be an overload of chuuni featuring the blonde loli. I can't wait to see what her 'thing' is.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2012-10-12 at 12:44. Reason: Please don't mention sub groups for a licensed show.
Warm Mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 10:04   Link #1160
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
As impressive as that was, the way she jumped over the balcony like a freaking ninja, grabbing the rope with the same hand that the ladle was in as she flew over the railing, was unbelievable. Not the kind of skill a normal big sister would have:

I need to know her job. NOW!
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chuunibyou, drama, romance, romantic comedy, school, seinen