AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2004-06-15, 18:48   Link #41
|)arK_Nin
Oi Oi Luffy!

I really like that picture you posted, Naxo-kun.
|)arK_Nin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-18, 23:59   Link #42
manga wanderer

well its a monkey hew didnt see that coming seriosly omg
manga wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 12:57   Link #43
willynilly

this pic should answer your questions just go this site
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Mugiwara.jpg
willynilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 13:33   Link #44
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

That has been out for ages now but of course you are correct.
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 14:47   Link #45
willynilly

i know, but they obviously didnt
willynilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-04, 21:09   Link #46
Bon_Clay

Quote:
Originally Posted by willynilly
this pic should answer your questions just go this site
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Mugiwara.jpg
Is it me or does Chopper look bad ass there !

Franky is quite a character i think it would be great for him to be in the crew well it beats Vivi ! i was glad she didn't joined hehehe
Bon_Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-07, 18:37   Link #47
strategos

Vivi was part of the crew.
She even had her own eyecatch.

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 01:38   Link #48
DracoBattousai
Within the Shadows

I would greatly prefer Vivi instead of Franky as a permanent crew member, I just don't like Franky for some reason.
DracoBattousai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 01:40   Link #49
DracoBattousai
Within the Shadows

I would greatly prefer Vivi instead of Franky as a permanent crew member, I just don't like Franky for some reason.
DracoBattousai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 01:46   Link #50
fieryshadowcard

I'd actually prefer them both. Who says we need a limit on Straw Hatters?

And we still haven't gotten our musician yet, ^_^.
fieryshadowcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-19, 20:08   Link #51
AMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bon_Clay
Is it me or does Chopper look bad ass there !

Franky is quite a character i think it would be great for him to be in the crew well it beats Vivi ! i was glad she didn't joined hehehe
Same here she got on my nerves, I really do hope franky joins the strawhats cause otherwise I will be dissapointed.
AMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-20, 03:02   Link #52
Chuixupu
Shikachu

If Franky ISN'T the next crewmember, I'll eat my socks.
Chuixupu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-21, 15:56   Link #53
DrFuko

OMG, What happened to Going Merry?! (Survey, manga spoilers)

Well, it seems as though the going merry is about to bite the big one, visit the garden of rest, be put up to the crisper, finish climbing the pyramid, push up daisies, get smeared, get toasted, be taken, be no more, be worm food, etc, etc... not just because of the fact that it was released in the middle of the Aqua Laguna (that not many ships could survive in the first place), but also because of its unrepairable damage.

The point of this post is to take a survey... as to what will happen with the Going Merry. Feel free to make any predictions and comment on anyone else's!!!

Spoiler:

As for the next crew member, the two obvious front runners are both Franky and Paulie. Both are suitable characters and both have pros and cons as to why they should join the crew. Hell, we might be getting 2 new crew members at that. Anywho, here is my list of pros and cons....

Frankie
Pros

- He is a great fighter
- He is a shipwright
- He was greatly characterized on screen (as in, some episodes were dedicated on telling his story.)
- He is bloody cool.

Cons
- If he were to leave, he would leave all of his nakama behind.
- He has not expressed ambitions to leave
- There is no foreshadowing that expresses his joining the crew.

Paulie
Pros
- He has a fighting technique
- Iceberg san has expressed that he would allow someone to depart Galley-la if he were to ask.
- He has a character that would fit the crew (he is old fashioned and gets mad if he sees a scantily dressed woman).
- He won't leave anyone behind if he leaves.

Cons
- His story has not been told.
- He has not really helped the straw hat pirates with any fighting.
- he seems to be morer like a secondary character.

There are other people who could join the crew, so remember that, after all, Miss Sunday (in other words, Robin) was the last person we expected to join the crew back in the Baroque Works saga. Thus, the person we least expect might be the one joining. However, my choice to join is...

Paulie
DrFuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-21, 16:28   Link #54
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFuko
Spoiler:
How about no. I'm sorry but I say just leave Going Merry to rest. Much less that if Franky, the guy who made for himself a cyborg body says the ship is unfixable, it's unfixable. And I don't see how it would make any sense for a ship that is supposed to be sunked all the way back at Water 7 would just appear out of nowhere at Enes Lobby, including when you factor in Aqua Laguna.

And Tom was taken to Impel Down. There wouldn't be a reason to keep him at Enes Lobby when the place is still simply a lobby that has the passage way to either Impel Down or Marine Headquarters. And keeping him alive solely for creating Pluton doesn't make sense either when it never was suggested that any special shipbuilder was needed for Pluton when the main focus was greatly upon that of the blueprints.
Quote:
As for the next crew member, the two obvious front runners are both Franky and Paulie. Both are suitable characters and both have pros and cons as to why they should join the crew. Hell, we might be getting 2 new crew members at that. Anywho, here is my list of pros and cons....

Frankie
Pros

- He is a great fighter
- He is a shipwright
- He was greatly characterized on screen (as in, some episodes were dedicated on telling his story.)
- He is bloody cool.

Cons
- If he were to leave, he would leave all of his nakama behind.
- He has not expressed ambitions to leave
- There is no foreshadowing that expresses his joining the crew.

Paulie
Pros
- He has a fighting technique
- Iceberg san has expressed that he would allow someone to depart Galley-la if he were to ask.
- He has a character that would fit the crew (he is old fashioned and gets mad if he sees a scantily dressed woman).
- He won't leave anyone behind if he leaves.

Cons
- His story has not been told.
- He has not really helped the straw hat pirates with any fighting.
- he seems to be morer like a secondary character.

There are other people who could join the crew, so remember that, after all, Miss Sunday (in other words, Robin) was the last person we expected to join the crew back in the Baroque Works saga. Thus, the person we least expect might be the one joining. However, my choice to join is...

Paulie
Since Franky has been lined up with the other Straw Hats on a color spread, had a flashback backstory played out, having the weirdness that you expect from the Strawhats, can't exactly be expected to stay at Water 7 when the World Government is gonna want his hide along with the other Straw Hats when it comes to defeating CP9, etc. that Franky is pretty much a sealed deal. I just don't see any reason for Paulie to go along with the Straw Hats nor any real foreshadowing of him doing so.
Old 2006-03-21, 16:57   Link #55
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Merry is not "about to die". Merry is dead. Gone. Oda said in an interview before this arc came out that a nakama was going to die. I think it's obvious that he was talking about Merry.

And Franky will be the next crewmember or no-one. Paulie has been left out of all the main action.
Chuixupu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-21, 19:25   Link #56
Dual247

yeah, merry is pretty much already dead, but i'm willing to bet that the goathead part of the ship will be washed up shore or something and that'll be placed on the front of the new ship. and maybe ussop will look at the merry head and somehow see the klauberterman or something. i'd like for that to happen. but i just can't wait to see how the new ship look like and what it can do
Dual247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-21, 19:36   Link #57
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Interesting, though wasn't it mentioned ahead of time that simply having the head would still leave the feeling that they aren't on the same ship. I mean, ship is more than simply it's masthead.
Old 2006-03-21, 19:56   Link #58
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by neodrag38
How about no. I'm sorry but I say just leave Going Merry to rest. Much less that if Franky, the guy who made for himself a cyborg body says the ship is unfixable, it's unfixable. And I don't see how it would make any sense for a ship that is supposed to be sunked all the way back at Water 7 would just appear out of nowhere at Enes Lobby, including when you factor in Aqua Laguna.

And Tom was taken to Impel Down. There wouldn't be a reason to keep him at Enes Lobby when the place is still simply a lobby that has the passage way to either Impel Down or Marine Headquarters. And keeping him alive solely for creating Pluton doesn't make sense either when it never was suggested that any special shipbuilder was needed for Pluton when the main focus was greatly upon that of the blueprints.

Since Franky has been lined up with the other Straw Hats on a color spread, had a flashback backstory played out, having the weirdness that you expect from the Strawhats, can't exactly be expected to stay at Water 7 when the World Government is gonna want his hide along with the other Straw Hats when it comes to defeating CP9, etc. that Franky is pretty much a sealed deal. I just don't see any reason for Paulie to go along with the Straw Hats nor any real foreshadowing of him doing so.

Neodrag said what was needed to be said! This is all the truth.

This thread is over!
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-21, 20:03   Link #59
DrFuko

Well, how bout that.... I guess I better get some facts cleared. Thanks for your insightfullness!
DrFuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-21, 21:35   Link #60
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Your welcome. I can at least thank you for making a thread that attracted my interest.