AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Pumpkin Scissors

Notices

View Poll Results: Pumpkin Scissors Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 3 13.64%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 1 4.55%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 9.09%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 54.55%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 13.64%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 4.55%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-08, 21:46   Link #21
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Bountiful Times

Actually, I found this filler not only entertainment for the obvious gags, but also it delivers insight about Oland and gives explicit hints about Oreld's ways of living before he joined the Imperial Army Section III.

First of all, I greatly believe based from the baby's jolly reaction to Oland, that he like Himura Kenshin (both who were fearful assassins and committed bountiful murders in the past) is a man of peace by nature with a remarked dislike for violent acts.
He is not aware of but has untapped potential to become a role figure to his neighbors; generous, inspiring, and hard-working father figure for anyone that desperately needs care.

Second, I have to take my hat off and salute Oreld for he knows when and how to kick butt.
Spoiler:

Third, I suggest to Alice that she should start putting on the shoes of people and have more delicacy on her manners.

The people are struck with poverty and unemployment and have no other choice to resort to the illegal means to barely make a living for themselves, since there's this huge gap between the noble and commoner classes.

It doesn't help either that Section III barges right into the commoner's turf demanding answers for lost or missing people, because the poor feel that the Army disowned its responsibilities to them.
It makes sense that the bearded man berates Alice on how taking care of one child makes no difference when there's hundreds or even thousands of other children orphaned from the war.

Had both Empire and the Army compassion and commitment to safeguard the people those calamities could have been prevented even during the war.

Conclusion: This filler was not a waste, at least I did not feel that way. We learn more about the main characters flaws and qualities, but nonetheless, it is a distraction to divert attention from the main focus regarding the Kauplan Institute, the Invisible 9, and the real players who are actually imposing their own spheres of influence.
Old 2006-11-09, 19:14   Link #22
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Yeah, I didn't think it was a total waste of time. A couple of the moments were pretty humourous (particularly Oland's "give me your oppai" and Alice's attempt to get the baby to stop crying). Honestly, though, I don't think their journey to the underworld gave an incredible amount of insight into Oreld's characters past a hint to his past and showing the fact that he can kick some thugs' asses.

Other than that... well, not a great deal to this ep. Standard 'abandoned baby' plot line. I wouldn't quite say this series is doomed to filler hell just yet. Maybe if things haven't changed in three or four episodes time I might start getting worried.
Old 2006-11-09, 20:54   Link #23
ryaken

Send a message via MSN to ryaken
Wow, this episode just put PS down some notches on my priorities list. :/
Come on strong come-back. It wouldn't be so bad, but the filler material isn't that interesting/heartfelt.
Old 2006-11-10, 06:11   Link #24
Lost

Yes, the only thing this episode was good for imo; was insight into Oreld's background, and more importantly, the issue raised about whether he was satisfied with his position in the S.S. III, as his "father" said, getting dragged along by the nose by some small girl. I hope to see more of that conflict.

I didnt find the oppai joke really funny. Doesnt Orland know anything about lactation? And that ending? I'm tired of all these supposedly "feel good moments" in the show. I dont feel anything but sick in my stomach. Enough already.. bring on the HURT!! And the next episode looks as fillerish as ever. So we see the fiancee. Gonzo, Gonzo.. this doesnt feel like its going anywhere, and its only giving us little fleshing out of characters..
Old 2006-11-11, 11:44   Link #25
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Actually looking at the site summary for ep 7 it may not be as fillerish as it first appears. We can see it focusses on Alice, her interfering sisters and that foppish fiance, it also has Section III investigating an illegal goods operation during which they get attacked/ambushed.

Importantly, from an overall plot point of view, the episode looks like it introduces the mystery blonde gent from the OP. He's clearly a key character, with villain written all over him if you ask me. Fingers crossed for plot ^^;;
Old 2006-11-11, 12:04   Link #26
Lost

^ Perhaps. Fingers-crossed indeed.

One more thing. I think "Oppai" should have been translated to "Breasts".. not "Boobs." It gives away slang. Ah, ignore me.
Old 2006-11-11, 20:12   Link #27
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Well, I didn't think that it was a waste either. It was a feel good episode with some info on Oreld and the conditions of the citizens again. While the military and nobility has it relatively easy, the commoners are screwed.

You guys must not have cats. When they fight, the only thing that you can do is get out of the way as fast as you can or it's a major injury for you. And Orland just got out of the hospital too.

I smurked at the "boobs" line. Shows you that he doesn't socialize that much.

It's slow pace could be a hint that it has more episodes planned than the usual 24.
Old 2006-11-12, 13:24   Link #28
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
it was really hard for me to sit through this one certain parts were funny but i just found it boring. I see what lesson the writers were trying to instill in us but it just wasent that good this time around
Old 2006-12-04, 03:22   Link #29
ECFNW

I thought it was OK.
Another reality check for Alice, and some development of Oreld.
Now can they please get back to the tank busting? Not in the next episode, judging from the preview.
Closed Thread