AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-06-24, 16:11   Link #261
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

@ neg rep person - Most female characters are played by male, it has never changed, and never will. So I will go ahead and keep thinkign that
Old 2009-06-25, 02:04   Link #262
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ Actually, that's quite true, I've met female PCs saying they hate it when people say that all girls are G.I.R.L.s but turned out to be a guy, out of a guild and buddy list of ~190 people the actual girls were around 20 and from the rest of the guys, most of them had a secondary female character for various reasons (fame points, scamming noobs, getting female equips that had better stats,etc.)
Back to the subject of gaming, how many games offer free skill resets after a job advancement and how crucial are the stat points you give your character? I find maplestory extremely unbalanced in this sense because every class has at least one stat that never goes over 4, otherwise the character is totally screwed, or remove MP and add points to HP.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 02:40   Link #263
Sydonai

pretty sweet, huh?
Sydonai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 08:30   Link #264
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Nice find. Its not out yet right?
Old 2009-06-25, 11:31   Link #265
Sydonai

they said it's scheduled for world wide release this year... that's all i know T_T
Old 2009-06-25, 12:20   Link #266
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
^ Actually, that's quite true, I've met female PCs saying they hate it when people say that all girls are G.I.R.L.s but turned out to be a guy, out of a guild and buddy list of ~190 people the actual girls were around 20 and from the rest of the guys, most of them had a secondary female character for various reasons (fame points, scamming noobs, getting female equips that had better stats,etc.)
Back to the subject of gaming, how many games offer free skill resets after a job advancement and how crucial are the stat points you give your character? I find maplestory extremely unbalanced in this sense because every class has at least one stat that never goes over 4, otherwise the character is totally screwed, or remove MP and add points to HP.
still doesnt change the fact that more rthan 50% of the female characters are played by Males, and still no reason to neg rep me, instead just say ur opinion on the thread.
Old 2009-06-25, 12:29   Link #267
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I play both female and male characters and have 2 accounts.
Old 2009-06-25, 12:31   Link #268
Knight Hawk
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydonai View Post
pretty sweet, huh?
If only WoWs hunter was that agile. Jokes aside, good find! will definitely try this out when released.
Old 2009-06-25, 13:00   Link #269
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
@ Sydonai. Is that actually made by some Asian company ( Japanese/korean ? ). Because the graphics seemed to me more like cartoon, that anime. If you realise the difference, that is..
Old 2009-06-25, 23:54   Link #270
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
@ Sydonai. Is that actually made by some Asian company ( Japanese/korean ? ). Because the graphics seemed to me more like cartoon, that anime. If you realise the difference, that is..
Nexon is a Korean based company.

Ah anyway the combat looks nice and fluid, but I could never get into the whole chibi style graphics like that when it comes to MMOs.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 01:08   Link #271
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashlotte View Post
Nexon is a Korean based company.

Ah anyway the combat looks nice and fluid, but I could never get into the whole chibi style graphics like that when it comes to MMOs.
yea me too. I prefer it looks adult-like whether it's realistic or anime-ish.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 01:32   Link #272
Sydonai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Ah. I'm sorry. Like Ashlotte said it is a Korean company, so I kind of assumed even though I couldn't really tell the difference T_T.

I also prefer the more mature looking characters but it look's fun and innovative compared other mmo's. Definatley worth trying imo.
Old 2009-06-26, 05:58   Link #273
Dist

I will probably try it out, but to me it seemed more like cartoonish than anime, and I didn't like the character designs. Oh well, we'll see. IF Aion turns out to be worth the waiting I have done so far, then probably I won't have time even to try this one out :P
Old 2009-06-26, 11:07   Link #274
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydonai View Post

pretty sweet, huh?
Looks like a more "cartoon-y" and chibi version of another upcoming Nexon game, Mabinogi: Heroes.

Here's a bit of that game...
Old 2009-06-27, 10:20   Link #275
Kafriel
Senior Guest

From what I've heard Mabinogi relies HEAVILY on cash shop items so I won't be touching it for a long time :P
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-27, 10:26   Link #276
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

yea I can't stand games that relies on RL money to get certain items. its just a big gimmik.
Old 2009-06-27, 12:09   Link #277
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Looks like a more "cartoon-y" and chibi version of another upcoming Nexon game, Mabinogi: Heroes.

Here's a bit of that game...
Strange wasn't so effect driven a while ago. I like the direction their going.
Old 2009-06-27, 13:21   Link #278
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
From what I've heard Mabinogi relies HEAVILY on cash shop items so I won't be touching it for a long time :P
Not so much anymore. A few patches ago they changed one of the big NX Cash attractions. Normally to rebirth you need to go and buy a new card - now you can do it for free once your character is over 20 years old. So if you just rebirth to 17 everytime you get a free rebirth every 3 weeks.

And even then the game doesn't need money forever. You could never rebirth - sure you'd have a hard time leveling after a while and you'd have a lot less AP but the game has no maximum level. *shrug*
Old 2009-06-28, 12:37   Link #279
Dist

Tried out Dragonica today. It was pretty good, actually.I'm rather surprised, as it comes from Gpotato. It's 3D side scrolling MMORPG. The character design is alike to Tales Runner, but you can atleast customize your character. I can't really comment on much yet as I only played it a little, but nearly everything so far in it reminded me of La Tale, except the fact this is 3D side scrolling.

Worth mentioning is that while La Tale has horrible servers and many areas are inaccessible due lag*, I have not seen this on Dragonica, probably because how the levels are made.

Well since I loved La Tale back then but was forced to quit due lag, I hope this game might just get me enough interested to spend more time with it.

* In La Tale since it was only 2D, to get to higher places you usually had to run, jump and grab a ladder while in air. But this was not possible if you lagged, and most players I knew lagged all the time -_-.
Old 2009-06-28, 16:26   Link #280
SwiftPaws

Any anime mmorpgs?

Yeah the graphics HAS to be good
i played maplestory,latale,trickster
and yeah

so yehhhh,sorry for the mods if this doesn't belong hereee.
SwiftPaws is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmorpg